|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
(a) A faulty mechanism in the press.
(b) The hyena.
(c) A ghost.
2. How do Sastri and Nataraj choose a day for the celebration?
(a) They ask when Kumar will be available.
(b) They choose day the press will be closed.
(c) They choose the day of the Goddess.
(d) They get an astrologer to fix the date.
3. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) People said he should be taken to jail.
(b) He was a town hero.
(c) People soon forgot the whole affair and life went back to normal.
(d) They avoided him.
4. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
(a) To send money.
(b) To answer his questions about Vasu.
(c) To pay for the tea and buns he ate in Mempi.
(d) To live in his house.
5. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
(b) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
(c) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
(d) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj wonder about his wife and Babu on the day of the celebration?
2. How is Thanappa, the postman, different than usual the morning after the procession?
3. How does Nataraj get back to town?
4. What is the animal hospital like?
5. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
2. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
3. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
4. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
5. Describe the uncomfortable interaction between Nataraj and the poet when Nataraj sees the poet passes by the fountain.
6. How is Sen able to help Nataraj?
7. What does Sastri learn from Rangi about how Vasu died?
8. What happens when Nataraj travels to Mempi with the information about the animal hospital?
9. What happens when the group with the police inspector go to visit Vasu?
10. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)