|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rangi come to visit Nataraj?
(a) During the celebration.
(b) In the morning when she is leaving Vasu's room.
(c) Right before the parade.
(d) At night while he is printing and the rest are sleeping.
2. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
(a) Finding a doctor for Kumar.
(b) Framing Vasu.
(c) Getting into Vasu's apartment.
(d) Printing festival fliers.
3. What does Nataraj's wife do when interviewed by the police?
(a) Blames Rangi.
(b) Tells the police Nataraj had been associating with unsavory people.
(c) Tells the police she was not with Nataraj at eleven.
(d) Covers for Nataraj.
4. Who killed Vasu and how?
(a) Vasu killed himself slapping mosquitos on his forehead.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Rangi poisoned Vasu.
(d) Muthu and other hunters struck him while he slept.
5. What does Nataraj's wife force him to do when she takes him home from the celebration?
(a) See a doctor.
(b) Confront Vasu.
(c) Tell her what's going on.
(d) Eat and sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result from the coroner regarding Vasu's death?
2. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
3. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
4. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
5. Where does the group that leaves Nataraj's house go when they leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
2. What thoughts consume Nataraj the day of the festival? What action does he take to prevent the thing he fears from happening.
3. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
4. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
5. What happens when Nataraj travels to Mempi with the information about the animal hospital?
6. How is Sen able to help Nataraj?
7. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
8. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
9. What is the final interaction that Nataraj has with the adjournment lawyer? How is this different than the previous ones?
10. What is the night and morning before the celebration like for Nataraj?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)