|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nataraj's wife feel about Rangi coming to see Nataraj at home?
(a) She is grateful for Rangi's help saving Kumar.
(b) She doesn't like it but understands.
(c) She wants Rangi to use the back door.
(d) It makes her very angry.
2. What is the animal hospital like?
(a) The animal hospital is packed with animals, loud, and dirty.
(b) The animal hospital is a wide open field with a little hut.
(c) The animal hospital is surrounded by sacred cows being cared for.
(d) The animal hospital is very modern and clean.
3. Who killed Vasu and how?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Vasu killed himself slapping mosquitos on his forehead.
(c) Muthu and other hunters struck him while he slept.
(d) Rangi poisoned Vasu.
4. What date do Nataraj and Sastri choose for the celebration?
(a) Kumar's birthday.
(b) The good day.
(c) The only day the press had off.
(d) The not so good day.
5. As time goes by after Vasu's death, what does Nataraj convince himself of?
(a) That Vasu had been a good friend.
(b) That he was right to steal the stuffed tiger cub.
(c) That he might have killed Vasu.
(d) That Vasu was a fearsome demon and not a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Muthu comes to the press, what is his relationship with Vasu?
2. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
3. What emotion does Nataraj experience while actually printing the book for the poet?
4. How is Thanappa, the postman, different than usual the morning after the procession?
5. What causes the delay in the procession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
2. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
3. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
4. How is Sen able to help Nataraj?
5. Describe the uncomfortable interaction between Nataraj and the poet when Nataraj sees the poet passes by the fountain.
6. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
7. What interaction to Vasu and Nataraj have after Kumar and the mahout leave Mempi?
8. What thoughts consume Nataraj the day of the festival? What action does he take to prevent the thing he fears from happening.
9. What happens when the group with the police inspector go to visit Vasu?
10. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)