|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
(a) In Nataraj's press.
(b) In Vasu's apartment.
(c) In Mempi.
(d) None of the above.
2. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
(a) Framing Vasu.
(b) Printing festival fliers.
(c) Getting into Vasu's apartment.
(d) Finding a doctor for Kumar.
3. What undertaking does Vasu take over from the unwilling Nataraj for the celebration?
(a) Gathering a crowd.
(b) Collecting money.
(c) Finding entertainment.
(d) Providing security.
4. What reason does Sastri give for being delayed returning from his niece's wedding?
(a) After the wedding they went on a pilgrimage.
(b) He was investigating the murder.
(c) He was staying away until the dust settled about Vasu.
(d) None of the above.
5. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
(a) They hire extra help.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They send all their customers next door to The Star.
(d) They work late every day on juice lables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the animal hospital like?
2. Why does K.J. come to the press?
3. What sends Nataraj scurrying out of Vasu's room as the procession passes?
4. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
5. How does Nataraj get back to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
2. What is the night and morning before the celebration like for Nataraj?
3. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
4. How did the police investigation turn out? What was the common belief about Vasu's death?
5. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
6. What incident with Nataraj happens in the crowds during the mayor's speech?
7. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
8. Describe the uncomfortable interaction between Nataraj and the poet when Nataraj sees the poet passes by the fountain.
9. What does Sastri learn from Rangi about how Vasu died?
10. What happens when the group with the police inspector go to visit Vasu?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)