|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the general atmosphere of the community for days after Vasu's death?
(a) Relief and subdued celebration.
(b) Suspicion and theorizing.
(c) Fear and mourning.
(d) Blame and anger.
2. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
(a) That all his troubles are over.
(b) How much blood there was.
(c) How his body fits in with the taxidermy.
(d) How terrible he looks.
3. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
(d) To take Vasu with him into the crowds where it will be hard for him shoot Kumar.
4. What is the overriding emotion in Vasu's plans to shoot Kumar?
5. When does Rangi come to visit Nataraj?
(a) In the morning when she is leaving Vasu's room.
(b) At night while he is printing and the rest are sleeping.
(c) During the celebration.
(d) Right before the parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kumar?
2. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
3. What was the result from the coroner regarding Vasu's death?
4. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
5. What does Nataraj try to do for the poet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
2. What incident with Nataraj happens in the crowds during the mayor's speech?
3. How is Sen able to help Nataraj?
4. Describe the uncomfortable interaction between Nataraj and the poet when Nataraj sees the poet passes by the fountain.
5. What is the final interaction that Nataraj has with the adjournment lawyer? How is this different than the previous ones?
6. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
7. Rangi and Nataraj discuss several things when she taps on the grille of the press. What do they discuss and what is their conversation like?
8. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
9. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
10. What happens when the group with the police inspector go to visit Vasu?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)