|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sen help Nataraj?
(a) He lends him money to pay the lawyer.
(b) He gives him a book on elephant care.
(c) He finds an article about the animal hospital in a newspaper.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
(a) To send money.
(b) To live in his house.
(c) To answer his questions about Vasu.
(d) To pay for the tea and buns he ate in Mempi.
3. What did the police find that they tried to discover the origins of?
(a) The tiger skins.
(b) The money Vasu had collected for the procession.
(c) Vasu's guns.
(d) The food Rangi had brought Vasu.
4. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
(a) Framing Vasu.
(b) Printing festival fliers.
(c) Finding a doctor for Kumar.
(d) Getting into Vasu's apartment.
5. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
(a) He is going to take her away to Bombay where she will cook for him.
(b) They have no future plans and she will no longer come to him.
(c) He has paid her in advance for her services for an entire year.
(d) Vasu has proposed marriage to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
2. What does Vasu offer Nataraj when he hears of the celebration, and what is Nataraj's reaction?
3. What is the overriding emotion in Vasu's plans to shoot Kumar?
4. What does Nataraj unwittingly do in the crowd at the celebration?
5. What causes the delay in the procession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
2. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
3. What happens when Nataraj enters Vasu's apartment after hearing about his death?
4. What thoughts consume Nataraj the day of the festival? What action does he take to prevent the thing he fears from happening.
5. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
6. What does Sastri learn from Rangi about how Vasu died?
7. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
8. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
9. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
10. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)