|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chemical analysis determine about the food Rangi had left for Vasu?
(a) It had killed him.
(b) It was poisoned.
(c) It came from a local restaurant.
(d) It had no trace of poison.
2. How does Nataraj cope with K.J.?
(a) Nataraj asks K.J. for a donation towards the festival, and he gets uncomfortable and leaves.
(b) Nataraj has Sastri tell K.J. that Nataraj hasn't been in the press for two days.
(c) Nataraj presents a bill to K.J. for overdue services.
(d) Nataraj returns K.J.'s money and tells him to take his business elsewhere.
3. What date do Nataraj and Sastri choose for the celebration?
(a) The only day the press had off.
(b) Kumar's birthday.
(c) The not so good day.
(d) The good day.
4. Who arrives at the last moment and is able to get Kumar to stand?
(b) The doctor.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A mahout.
5. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
(a) They charge Vasu rent.
(b) They ask for donations.
(c) Nataraj charges extra on all printing jobs.
(d) They sell copies of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj speak with the adjournment lawyer about in their last conversation?
2. How does Sen help Nataraj?
3. What is the debate at Mempi regarding Kumar?
4. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
5. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
2. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
3. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
4. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
5. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
6. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
7. How is Vasu's death discovered and made known?
8. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
9. What is the final interaction that Nataraj has with the adjournment lawyer? How is this different than the previous ones?
10. What happens when the group with the police inspector go to visit Vasu?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)