|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Vasu's death, how is business at the press? How does Nataraj spend his time?
(a) Business is slow, so Nataraj spends all his time talking to people in his parlor.
(b) The press is way behind on printing jobs, so Nataraj spends all his time doing both his and Sastri's jobs.
(c) Business is very slow, and Nataraj tries to read War and Peace.
(d) The press is very busy, and Nataraj is kept running from client to client.
2. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
(a) It is the traditional route.
(b) They only have permits for that route.
(c) There is not other safe path for a parade to the temple.
(d) They have already decorated the route.
3. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
(a) To live in his house.
(b) To send money.
(c) To answer his questions about Vasu.
(d) To pay for the tea and buns he ate in Mempi.
4. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
(a) A faulty mechanism in the press.
(b) A ghost.
(d) The hyena.
5. What did the police find that they tried to discover the origins of?
(a) The food Rangi had brought Vasu.
(b) Vasu's guns.
(c) The money Vasu had collected for the procession.
(d) The tiger skins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
2. Who arrives at the last moment and is able to get Kumar to stand?
3. What is the result of the police inspector's attempt to disarm Vasu?
4. How do the poet, Sastri, and Nataraj spend the night prior to the parade?
5. Who is still good friends with Nataraj after Vasu's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
2. How did the police investigation turn out? What was the common belief about Vasu's death?
3. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
4. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
5. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
6. How is Sen able to help Nataraj?
7. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
8. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
9. What happens when Nataraj travels to Mempi with the information about the animal hospital?
10. What thoughts consume Nataraj the day of the festival? What action does he take to prevent the thing he fears from happening.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)