|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Nataraj at home while he is resting?
(a) Sen and the poet.
(b) Muthu, Sen, and Rangi.
(d) Muthu, Sen, the poet, Dr Joshi, and Rangi.
2. What does the chemical analysis determine about the food Rangi had left for Vasu?
(a) It had no trace of poison.
(b) It was poisoned.
(c) It had killed him.
(d) It came from a local restaurant.
3. What does Nataraj wonder about his wife and Babu on the day of the celebration?
(a) If they appreciate all the work he did.
(b) If Vasu might kidnap them and hold them ransom.
(c) All of the above.
(d) If he should make them stay home so they will be safe.
4. What is the debate at Mempi regarding Kumar?
(a) The debate is over what to do about Vasu.
(b) The debate is about whether or not they can trust Nataraj.
(c) The debate is whether to make Kumar walk, sick as he is, to the doctor.
(d) The debate is over how much money the temple can spend on Kumar.
5. What was the town saying about Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) That he had killed a rakshasa single handedly.
(b) That he had saved Kumar's life.
(c) That he should leave the neighborhood.
(d) That he should be elected to public office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
2. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
3. What was the general atmosphere of the community for days after Vasu's death?
4. How does Nataraj get back to town?
5. How does Sen help Nataraj?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)