|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj wonder about his wife and Babu on the day of the celebration?
(a) If Vasu might kidnap them and hold them ransom.
(b) If they appreciate all the work he did.
(c) If he should make them stay home so they will be safe.
(d) All of the above.
2. What was the town saying about Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) That he had killed a rakshasa single handedly.
(b) That he had saved Kumar's life.
(c) That he should be elected to public office.
(d) That he should leave the neighborhood.
3. What did Rangi do to try to protect Kumar?
(a) She knocked Vasu on the head with the butt of his gun.
(b) She put sleeping pills in Vasu's food so he would sleep through the night.
(c) She tried to seduce Vasu to distract him from the procession.
(d) She told her devout cousins about Vasu's intent, and they murdered Vasu.
4. What does Rangi tell Nataraj when she comes to his home?
(a) She is concerned about Nataraj.
(b) Vasu has summoned her and she is afraid what he will do.
(c) Her mother needs protection.
(d) All of the above.
5. How does Sen help Nataraj?
(a) He finds an article about the animal hospital in a newspaper.
(b) He lends him money to pay the lawyer.
(c) He gives him a book on elephant care.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
2. How do the poet, Sastri, and Nataraj spend the night prior to the parade?
3. How does Nataraj get back to town?
4. Who is still good friends with Nataraj after Vasu's death?
5. How does Nataraj's wife feel about Rangi coming to see Nataraj at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
2. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
3. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
4. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
5. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
6. What incident with Nataraj happens in the crowds during the mayor's speech?
7. How did the police investigation turn out? What was the common belief about Vasu's death?
8. Rangi and Nataraj discuss several things when she taps on the grille of the press. What do they discuss and what is their conversation like?
9. How is Vasu's death discovered and made known?
10. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)