|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A faulty mechanism in the press.
(c) The hyena.
2. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is a second cousin.
(b) He is the police inspector from the bus.
(c) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
(d) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
3. What is the result of the police inspector's attempt to disarm Vasu?
(a) Vasu swears retribution on Nataraj and his friends.
(b) Vasu laughs at the inspector and brushes him off.
(c) The inspector has a dislocated wrist, Vasu has his guns and a broken bed.
(d) The inspector manages to take a gun, but Vasu as an illegal one still hidden in the room.
4. How have Sastri and Nataraj given themselves some peace from the hyena and prostitutes?
(a) By hanging a woven mat between them and the stairs.
(b) By mending relations with Vasu.
(c) By finally evicting Vasu.
(d) By inviting the police inspector around for tea on a regular basis.
5. What is Nataraj's intent when he goes up to Vasu's room when the procession is about to come by?
(a) To kill Vasu.
(b) To reason with Vasu.
(c) To light a fire in the attic that will make is impossible for Vasu to stay there.
(d) To attract attention so all may see who murdered Kumar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj try to do for the poet?
2. What date do Nataraj and Sastri choose for the celebration?
3. After Vasu's death, how is business at the press? How does Nataraj spend his time?
4. What is the state of the arrangements the morning of the celebration?
5. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)