|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Vasu's death, how is business at the press? How does Nataraj spend his time?
(a) The press is very busy, and Nataraj is kept running from client to client.
(b) Business is slow, so Nataraj spends all his time talking to people in his parlor.
(c) Business is very slow, and Nataraj tries to read War and Peace.
(d) The press is way behind on printing jobs, so Nataraj spends all his time doing both his and Sastri's jobs.
2. How does Nataraj's wife change when Rangi comes to visit?
(a) She turns cold to Nataraj and stops tending him to go to the celebration.
(b) She realizes the urgency of the situation around Kumar.
(c) She finally stands up to Nataraj and forbids Rangi to enter.
(d) She is jealous and starts fawning attention on Nataraj.
3. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
(b) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
(c) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
(d) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
4. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
(b) He is a second cousin.
(c) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
(d) He is the police inspector from the bus.
5. What does Sastri do when he hears of Vasu's demise?
(a) Nods knowingly.
(b) Removes the hyena from view.
(c) Says a prayer to the goddess.
(d) Leaves on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj's wife do when interviewed by the police?
2. What does Rangi say about her whereabouts the night of the procession?
3. What is the state of the arrangements the morning of the celebration?
4. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
5. What does the post man tell Nataraj?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
2. What is the night and morning before the celebration like for Nataraj?
3. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
4. Rangi and Nataraj discuss several things when she taps on the grille of the press. What do they discuss and what is their conversation like?
5. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
6. What interaction to Vasu and Nataraj have after Kumar and the mahout leave Mempi?
7. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
8. How did the police investigation turn out? What was the common belief about Vasu's death?
9. Describe the uncomfortable interaction between Nataraj and the poet when Nataraj sees the poet passes by the fountain.
10. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)