|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Vasu's death, how is business at the press? How does Nataraj spend his time?
(a) The press is very busy, and Nataraj is kept running from client to client.
(b) Business is very slow, and Nataraj tries to read War and Peace.
(c) The press is way behind on printing jobs, so Nataraj spends all his time doing both his and Sastri's jobs.
(d) Business is slow, so Nataraj spends all his time talking to people in his parlor.
2. What is the debate at Mempi regarding Kumar?
(a) The debate is over what to do about Vasu.
(b) The debate is about whether or not they can trust Nataraj.
(c) The debate is over how much money the temple can spend on Kumar.
(d) The debate is whether to make Kumar walk, sick as he is, to the doctor.
3. What does Nataraj try to do for the poet?
(a) Nataraj tries to print a delux version of the poets book.
(b) Nataraj tries to convince the poet to write another book.
(c) Nataraj tries to give the poet the stuffed tiger cub.
(d) Nataraj invites the poet to move into the attic.
4. Who comes to visit Nataraj at home while he is resting?
(b) Muthu, Sen, the poet, Dr Joshi, and Rangi.
(c) Muthu, Sen, and Rangi.
(d) Sen and the poet.
5. What reason does Sastri give for being delayed returning from his niece's wedding?
(a) None of the above.
(b) After the wedding they went on a pilgrimage.
(c) He was investigating the murder.
(d) He was staying away until the dust settled about Vasu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police find that they tried to discover the origins of?
2. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
3. Who is still good friends with Nataraj after Vasu's death?
4. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
5. What does Vasu want Nataraj to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Vasu's death discovered and made known?
2. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
3. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
4. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
5. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
6. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
7. What is the night and morning before the celebration like for Nataraj?
8. What happens when Nataraj enters Vasu's apartment after hearing about his death?
9. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
10. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)