|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
(a) The completion of the poet's book.
(b) Vasu's departure.
(c) A seasonal festival.
(d) The recovery of Kumar.
2. Who arrives at the last moment and is able to get Kumar to stand?
(a) The doctor.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A mahout.
3. What does Sastri do when he hears of Vasu's demise?
(a) Removes the hyena from view.
(b) Says a prayer to the goddess.
(c) Leaves on vacation.
(d) Nods knowingly.
4. When does Rangi come to visit Nataraj?
(a) In the morning when she is leaving Vasu's room.
(b) During the celebration.
(c) Right before the parade.
(d) At night while he is printing and the rest are sleeping.
5. As time goes by after Vasu's death, what does Nataraj convince himself of?
(a) That he might have killed Vasu.
(b) That Vasu was a fearsome demon and not a man.
(c) That Vasu had been a good friend.
(d) That he was right to steal the stuffed tiger cub.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
2. How does Nataraj's wife change when Rangi comes to visit?
3. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
4. What problem was encountered printing the poet's manuscript?
5. What did the police find that they tried to discover the origins of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the police investigation turn out? What was the common belief about Vasu's death?
2. What is the night and morning before the celebration like for Nataraj?
3. What does Sastri learn from Rangi about how Vasu died?
4. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
5. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
6. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
7. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
8. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
9. What incident with Nataraj happens in the crowds during the mayor's speech?
10. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)