|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sen help Nataraj?
(a) He finds an article about the animal hospital in a newspaper.
(b) He gives him a book on elephant care.
(c) He lends him money to pay the lawyer.
(d) None of the above.
2. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
(a) The completion of the poet's book.
(b) Vasu's departure.
(c) The recovery of Kumar.
(d) A seasonal festival.
3. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
(a) None of the above.
(b) In Mempi.
(c) In Nataraj's press.
(d) In Vasu's apartment.
4. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
(a) How terrible he looks.
(b) How much blood there was.
(c) How his body fits in with the taxidermy.
(d) That all his troubles are over.
5. What does Nataraj wonder about his wife and Babu on the day of the celebration?
(a) If Vasu might kidnap them and hold them ransom.
(b) If he should make them stay home so they will be safe.
(c) All of the above.
(d) If they appreciate all the work he did.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nataraj get back to town?
2. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
3. What does Nataraj speak with the adjournment lawyer about in their last conversation?
4. Who killed Vasu and how?
5. What does the post man tell Nataraj?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
2. How did the police investigation turn out? What was the common belief about Vasu's death?
3. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
4. What happens when Nataraj travels to Mempi with the information about the animal hospital?
5. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
6. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
7. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
8. What happens when Nataraj enters Vasu's apartment after hearing about his death?
9. Rangi and Nataraj discuss several things when she taps on the grille of the press. What do they discuss and what is their conversation like?
10. Describe the uncomfortable interaction between Nataraj and the poet when Nataraj sees the poet passes by the fountain.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)