|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nataraj's wife feel about Rangi coming to see Nataraj at home?
(a) It makes her very angry.
(b) She doesn't like it but understands.
(c) She wants Rangi to use the back door.
(d) She is grateful for Rangi's help saving Kumar.
2. As time goes by after Vasu's death, what does Nataraj convince himself of?
(a) That Vasu had been a good friend.
(b) That he was right to steal the stuffed tiger cub.
(c) That he might have killed Vasu.
(d) That Vasu was a fearsome demon and not a man.
3. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
(a) They sell copies of the book.
(b) They charge Vasu rent.
(c) They ask for donations.
(d) Nataraj charges extra on all printing jobs.
4. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
(a) How much blood there was.
(b) That all his troubles are over.
(c) How terrible he looks.
(d) How his body fits in with the taxidermy.
5. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
(a) It is the traditional route.
(b) There is not other safe path for a parade to the temple.
(c) They have already decorated the route.
(d) They only have permits for that route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
2. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
3. What sends Nataraj scurrying out of Vasu's room as the procession passes?
4. What does Vasu want Nataraj to do for him?
5. What was the result from the coroner regarding Vasu's death?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)