|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasu leave in Nataraj's possession after their discussion about money?
(a) A letter from his bank.
(b) A stack of crisp hundredd rupee bills.
(c) His car.
(d) His purse.
2. What date do Nataraj and Sastri choose for the celebration?
(a) The not so good day.
(b) Kumar's birthday.
(c) The good day.
(d) The only day the press had off.
3. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
(a) The recovery of Kumar.
(b) A seasonal festival.
(c) The completion of the poet's book.
(d) Vasu's departure.
4. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
(a) They only have permits for that route.
(b) They have already decorated the route.
(c) There is not other safe path for a parade to the temple.
(d) It is the traditional route.
5. How does Nataraj's wife feel about Rangi coming to see Nataraj at home?
(a) It makes her very angry.
(b) She wants Rangi to use the back door.
(c) She is grateful for Rangi's help saving Kumar.
(d) She doesn't like it but understands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the arrangements the morning of the celebration?
2. How does Nataraj cope with K.J.?
3. What does Nataraj speak with the adjournment lawyer about in their last conversation?
4. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
5. What did Rangi do to try to protect Kumar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
2. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
3. What thoughts consume Nataraj the day of the festival? What action does he take to prevent the thing he fears from happening.
4. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
5. How is Sen able to help Nataraj?
6. What happens when Nataraj enters Vasu's apartment after hearing about his death?
7. What does Sastri learn from Rangi about how Vasu died?
8. How is Vasu's death discovered and made known?
9. What incident with Nataraj happens in the crowds during the mayor's speech?
10. What happens when the group with the police inspector go to visit Vasu?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)