|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is a second cousin.
(b) He is the police inspector from the bus.
(c) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
(d) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
2. How do Sastri and Nataraj choose a day for the celebration?
(a) They choose the day of the Goddess.
(b) They ask when Kumar will be available.
(c) They choose day the press will be closed.
(d) They get an astrologer to fix the date.
3. What does Nataraj speak with the adjournment lawyer about in their last conversation?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Nataraj wants to know what he can do to protect himself against slander.
(c) Nataraj wants the lawyer to defend him against criminal accusations.
(d) Nataraj demands the lawyer pay his printing debt.
4. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
(a) All of the above.
(b) They send all their customers next door to The Star.
(c) They work late every day on juice lables.
(d) They hire extra help.
5. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
(a) Vasu has proposed marriage to her.
(b) He is going to take her away to Bombay where she will cook for him.
(c) He has paid her in advance for her services for an entire year.
(d) They have no future plans and she will no longer come to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nataraj's wife change when Rangi comes to visit?
2. What did Rangi do to try to protect Kumar?
3. What does Sastri do when he hears of Vasu's demise?
4. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
5. What is the overriding emotion in Vasu's plans to shoot Kumar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident with Nataraj happens in the crowds during the mayor's speech?
2. What happens when Nataraj travels to Mempi with the information about the animal hospital?
3. How is Vasu's death discovered and made known?
4. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
5. What is the night and morning before the celebration like for Nataraj?
6. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
7. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
8. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
9. What is the final interaction that Nataraj has with the adjournment lawyer? How is this different than the previous ones?
10. What thoughts consume Nataraj the day of the festival? What action does he take to prevent the thing he fears from happening.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)