|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the town saying about Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) That he had killed a rakshasa single handedly.
(b) That he should leave the neighborhood.
(c) That he had saved Kumar's life.
(d) That he should be elected to public office.
2. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
(a) In Vasu's apartment.
(b) None of the above.
(c) In Nataraj's press.
(d) In Mempi.
3. Who killed Vasu and how?
(a) Vasu killed himself slapping mosquitos on his forehead.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Muthu and other hunters struck him while he slept.
(d) Rangi poisoned Vasu.
4. What does the chemical analysis determine about the food Rangi had left for Vasu?
(a) It came from a local restaurant.
(b) It was poisoned.
(c) It had no trace of poison.
(d) It had killed him.
5. What causes the delay in the procession?
(a) Nataraj files permits for a different route.
(b) They go to pick up a golden headdress for Kumar.
(c) Rangi is late to take her place in front.
(d) The police are trying to thwart Vasu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kumar?
2. What does Nataraj's wife do when interviewed by the police?
3. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
4. What does Nataraj unwittingly do in the crowd at the celebration?
5. What problem was encountered printing the poet's manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. What day do they choose for the celebration, and how do they choose it?
2. What is the final interaction that Nataraj has with the adjournment lawyer? How is this different than the previous ones?
3. What does Sastri learn from Rangi about how Vasu died?
4. What did the police determine killed Vasu? Who were there suspects?
5. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
6. Rangi and Nataraj discuss several things when she taps on the grille of the press. What do they discuss and what is their conversation like?
7. How is Vasu's death discovered and made known?
8. How is Sen able to help Nataraj?
9. What happens when Nataraj enters Vasu's apartment after hearing about his death?
10. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)