|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Vasu's death, how is business at the press? How does Nataraj spend his time?
(a) Business is slow, so Nataraj spends all his time talking to people in his parlor.
(b) Business is very slow, and Nataraj tries to read War and Peace.
(c) The press is very busy, and Nataraj is kept running from client to client.
(d) The press is way behind on printing jobs, so Nataraj spends all his time doing both his and Sastri's jobs.
2. Who killed Vasu and how?
(a) Muthu and other hunters struck him while he slept.
(b) Rangi poisoned Vasu.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Vasu killed himself slapping mosquitos on his forehead.
3. What is the animal hospital like?
(a) The animal hospital is very modern and clean.
(b) The animal hospital is a wide open field with a little hut.
(c) The animal hospital is packed with animals, loud, and dirty.
(d) The animal hospital is surrounded by sacred cows being cared for.
4. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about Vasu?
(a) Vasu is planning on keeping the celebration money.
(b) Vasu is very ill.
(c) Vasu is slowly going crazy.
(d) Vasu plans to shoot Kumar at the parade.
5. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
(a) Vasu's departure.
(b) A seasonal festival.
(c) The completion of the poet's book.
(d) The recovery of Kumar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is still good friends with Nataraj after Vasu's death?
2. What did Rangi do to try to protect Kumar?
3. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
4. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
5. What undertaking does Vasu take over from the unwilling Nataraj for the celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the night and morning before the celebration like for Nataraj?
2. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
3. What happens when the group with the police inspector go to visit Vasu?
4. What happens when Nataraj travels to Mempi with the information about the animal hospital?
5. How is Vasu's death discovered and made known?
6. What thoughts consume Nataraj the day of the festival? What action does he take to prevent the thing he fears from happening.
7. What happens when Nataraj enters Vasu's apartment after hearing about his death?
8. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
9. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
10. How did the police investigation turn out? What was the common belief about Vasu's death?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)