|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the citrus tree behind the house on Kabir Street?
(a) It is flourishing.
(b) It is withered and never bears any fruit.
(c) It was a great producer, but now only occasionally produces a couple fruits.
(d) Its produces an abundant crop that tastes bitter.
2. What had lived before in the house on Kabir street?
(a) The owner of the Star.
(b) Nataraj's extended family, consisting of four uncles and their families.
(c) A wealthy family that wanted Nataraj to marry their daughter.
(d) A taxidermist.
3. In chapter one, what part of the life Nataraj lives do we see?
(a) We see the relationships Nataraj has with other people.
(b) We see what Nataraj's life is normally like.
(c) We see the history of the house on Kabir Street.
(d) All of the above.
4. Why does Nataraj feel silly in Mempi?
(a) Everyone else there was a hunter.
(b) He knew nothing about tigers.
(c) He hadn't planned on being gone, so he had no buttons for his shirt and no money to buy food.
(d) Vasu kept telling everyone what an excellent landlord he was.
5. Which of the following best describes Vasu?
(a) Strong, kind, and slightly confused.
(b) Demanding, sincere, and strongwilled.
(c) Quiet, manipulative, and resentful.
(d) Loud, egotistical, and invasive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj promise the Septuagenaraian in order to appease him?
2. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
3. What does Nataraj see in Vasu's room?
4. What did Vasu hear about when they reached Mempi?
5. What advice does Nataraj receive about Vasu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living in the attic as he observes him practicing his profession? Why?
2. How does Vasu respond to Nataraj's first efforts to remove him from the attic?
3. What kind of events unfold in chapter one of "The Man-eater of Malgudi?"
4. Who is Rangi, and how do Sastri and Nataraj cross paths with her? What does Nataraj surmise when he starts seeing her?
5. What is the story of the house on Kabir Street?
6. How does Nataraj end up on a long day trip with no money and with a client waiting in his press?
7. What happens when Vasu returns, and what does he want to show Nataraj?
8. What does Nataraj fear that Vasu will do in order to retaliate regarding the forestry officer and what does he do about it?
9. What does Nataraj do resolve his concerns about Vasu's tenancy?
10. What is the affair regarding the septuagenarian and a dog?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)