|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nataraj tell Vasu he must return another day to make decisions about his printing job?
(a) He didn't believe he was serious.
(b) The press machine was broken.
(c) His staff was out.
(d) He was in a hurry to leave.
2. Who comes and wants to ask Nataraj questions about Vasu?
(a) The adjournment lawyer.
(b) The police inspector.
(c) The forestry officer.
(d) The septuagenarian.
3. What is a rakshasa?
(a) A situation in which the person with true power is left powerless in the face of a lesser power with more conviction.
(b) A demoniac creature with strange powers that recognizes no restraints of man or God.
(c) A small weasel like predator in the Mempi forest.
(d) A man-eating tiger.
4. What does Vasu bring back to the building with him all the time after he starts going to the forest?
(a) Animals he has shot.
(b) Friends to discuss tiger hunting.
(c) People to look at and make offers on the stuffed tiger.
(d) Big game hunters.
5. How does Vasu end up in Nataraj's attic?
(a) He goes up to inspect the paper with the old moslem.
(b) He is curious and goes up when Nataraj is not looking.
(c) He goes up to try to get rid of the scorpions and snakes.
(d) He is looking for Nataraj.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old Moslem tell Nataraj about his paper?
2. What does Vasu bring with him when he returns from Mempi?
3. How does Vasu explain the stuffed hyena?
4. What does Vasu do in the village of Mempi?
5. Why does Nataraj feel silly in Mempi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nataraj end up on a long day trip with no money and with a client waiting in his press?
2. What kind of events unfold in chapter one of "The Man-eater of Malgudi?"
3. What happens when the forestry officer comes to the press looking for Vasu?
4. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
5. Who does Vasu bring to the press to meet Nataraj, and what happens?
6. Explain how Vasu arranges to move into Nataraj's attic.
7. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
8. Who does Nataraj employ at the printing press? What is his relationship with his hired help?
9. How are the relationships Nataraj has with the people around him?
10. What is the story of the house on Kabir Street?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)