Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and wants to ask Nataraj questions about Vasu?
(a) The septuagenarian.
(b) The police inspector.
(c) The adjournment lawyer.
(d) The forestry officer.
2. After the court summons, what is the next thing official thing to arrive for Nataraj in a brown envelope?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A notice of complaints from municipal authority about the sanitation of the tanning business at the press.
(c) The notice of a new date for the court hearing.
(d) A bill from the lawyer for an extravagant amount of money.
3. Which of the following best describes Vasu's presence in the parlor?
(a) Dominating and loud.
(b) Argumentative and intellectual.
(c) Fun and rambuctious.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
4. Who interrupts Vasu and Nataraj's conversation? What is Vasu's reaction?
(a) The poet interrupts them, and Vasu ignores him.
(b) Babu, Nataraj's son interrupts them, and Vasu brushes him off.
(c) A woman interrupts them, and Vasu falls respectfully silent when she approaches.
(d) Sastri interrupts them, and Vasu yells at him.
5. Who gives Nataraj cold looks when he runs into them on the street?
(a) The politicians.
(b) His extended family.
(c) The owners of the Star.
(d) The girl he spurned at the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Nataraj and Sastri?
2. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
3. What action does Nataraj take regarding Vasu?
4. What does the lawyer say when Nataraj suggests they use the money he is owed to pay the court fees?
5. What does Nataraj do early every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Nataraj goes into the attic with Vasu, what does he see? What transpires then between Vasu and Nataraj?
2. What does Vasu receive in the mail from the forestry department, and what is his reaction to it?
3. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
4. What does Nataraj fear that Vasu will do in order to retaliate regarding the forestry officer and what does he do about it?
5. How does Vasu respond to Nataraj's first efforts to remove him from the attic?
6. What happens when Nataraj visits Vasu as the procession approaches?
7. What does Sastri learn from Rangi about how Vasu died?
8. What happens when the forestry officer comes to the press looking for Vasu?
9. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
10. Who does Nataraj employ at the printing press? What is his relationship with his hired help?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)