|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Nataraj stay hidden behind his blue curtain while the court is in session?
(a) So no one will interrupt his work.
(b) So Sastri can screen his visitors.
(c) Because the laywer has filed a petition to delay his summons saying he is out of town.
(d) So that Vasu will not know he is there.
2. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
(a) Take Babu hostage for ransom.
(b) Legally take the attic from him.
(c) Bring live animals back to the attic.
(d) Shoot more sacred animals just to make Nataraj angry.
3. What does Nataraj suddenly fear when Vasu carelessly answers his request for money?
(a) That he would starve to death.
(b) That maybe Vasu was abducting him for ransom.
(c) That he wouln't make it home in time for his appointment.
(d) That Vasu had forgotten that they were friends.
4. How does the septuagenarian react when he hears Sastri's information?
(a) He says next Vasu will be pointing guns at children.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He aks to go see Vasu himself.
(d) He blames Nataraj for covering for the offender.
5. What does Sen like to discuss?
(a) Epic poetry.
(b) The business of the press run by Nataraj.
(d) The mistakes of the president, Nehru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Nataraj receive about Vasu?
2. How does Nataraj feel about having the taxidermy business upstairs?
3. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
4. Who gives Nataraj cold looks when he runs into them on the street?
5. Who interrupts Vasu and Nataraj's conversation? What is Vasu's reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Nataraj goes into the attic with Vasu, what does he see? What transpires then between Vasu and Nataraj?
2. Explain the transaction between Nataraj and the old Moslem.
3. Who is Vasu, what is his history, and what is the first thing he does in his relationship with Nataraj?
4. Who does Vasu bring to the press to meet Nataraj, and what happens?
5. Who does Nataraj employ at the printing press? What is his relationship with his hired help?
6. What is the story of the house on Kabir Street?
7. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living in the attic as he observes him practicing his profession? Why?
8. How are the relationships Nataraj has with the people around him?
9. Where does Nataraj seek help in resolving his legal affairs?
10. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)