|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does speaking to Vasu remind Nataraj of?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Speaking to his father when he was a little boy.
(c) Speaking with a foreigner.
(d) Taming a wild tiger.
2. Which of the following best describes Vasu?
(a) Loud, egotistical, and invasive.
(b) Quiet, manipulative, and resentful.
(c) Demanding, sincere, and strongwilled.
(d) Strong, kind, and slightly confused.
3. What does Vasu do for a living?
(a) Vasu is a taxidermist.
(b) Vasu is out of work.
(c) Vasu is police officer.
(d) Vasu is a hunter.
4. Why does the adjournment lawyer owe Nataraj?
(a) He is Nataraj's tenent.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He has not yet paid for the wedding invitations.
(d) Nataraj lent him money.
5. Where is the office that Nataraj must visit?
(a) In Mempi.
(b) All the way across town.
(c) Over a cotton factory.
(d) Next door to the courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nataraj run into that helps him with his situation?
2. What does the tea-shop man carefully tend in Mempi?
3. What misunderstanding occurs between Vasu and Nataraj?
4. Why does Nataraj feel silly in Mempi?
5. What does Nataraj call Vasu?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Vasu, what is his history, and what is the first thing he does in his relationship with Nataraj?
2. What happens when Vasu returns, and what does he want to show Nataraj?
3. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living upstairs?
4. What goes on the front room of the shop that Nataraj runs?
5. What is the story of the house on Kabir Street?
6. What happened to the transaction with the client that Nataraj left waiting when he left with Vasu?
7. What does Nataraj fear that Vasu will do in order to retaliate regarding the forestry officer and what does he do about it?
8. How does Nataraj end up on a long day trip with no money and with a client waiting in his press?
9. Explain how Vasu arranges to move into Nataraj's attic.
10. What kind of events unfold in chapter one of "The Man-eater of Malgudi?"
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)