|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first action of Vasu in The Man-eater of Malgudi?
(a) The first action of Vasu is to order a large printing job.
(b) The first action of Vasu is to show Nataraj a selection of his work.
(c) The first action of Vasu is to threaten Nataraj.
(d) The first action of Vasu is to barge through the curtain, violating the traditions of Nataraj's press.
2. What does Sen like to discuss?
(a) The mistakes of the president, Nehru.
(b) The business of the press run by Nataraj.
(c) Epic poetry.
3. What does Vasu want printed?
(a) Advertisements for his business services.
(b) Fliers about a festival.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Business cards and letterhead.
4. What is a rakshasa?
(a) A situation in which the person with true power is left powerless in the face of a lesser power with more conviction.
(b) A small weasel like predator in the Mempi forest.
(c) A man-eating tiger.
(d) A demoniac creature with strange powers that recognizes no restraints of man or God.
5. What does Nataraj use his parlor for?
(a) He decorates his parlour with pictures so people think he has a family.
(b) Nataraj lets any passerby who needs a rest have a seat in his parlour.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He keeps his printing machines in his parlour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kumar come to Mempi?
2. Is Vasu Nataraj's tenant?
3. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
4. What profession did Vasu engage in earlier in life?
5. Where is the village of Mempi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the affair regarding the septuagenarian and a dog?
2. What goes on the front room of the shop that Nataraj runs?
3. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living upstairs?
4. What does Nataraj do resolve his concerns about Vasu's tenancy?
5. Describe the business that Nataraj runs.
6. Explain how Vasu arranges to move into Nataraj's attic.
7. What was the bus ride back to Malgudi like for Nataraj?
8. How does Vasu get along with the poet and Babu? Give examples.
9. What happened to the transaction with the client that Nataraj left waiting when he left with Vasu?
10. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living in the attic as he observes him practicing his profession? Why?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)