|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj suddenly fear when Vasu carelessly answers his request for money?
(a) That Vasu had forgotten that they were friends.
(b) That he wouln't make it home in time for his appointment.
(c) That he would starve to death.
(d) That maybe Vasu was abducting him for ransom.
2. Who comes and wants to ask Nataraj questions about Vasu?
(a) The adjournment lawyer.
(b) The police inspector.
(c) The septuagenarian.
(d) The forestry officer.
3. What is Nataraj's poet friend trying to accomplish?
(a) Nataraj's poet friend is documenting the life of the town in poems.
(b) Nataraj's poet friend wants Nataraj to marry his sister.
(c) Nataraj's poet friend is writing the life of Krishna is monsyllabic verse.
(d) Nataraj's poet friend is determined to prove Nataraj has no family.
4. What person does Vasu bring into Nataraj's parlor?
(a) A forestry official.
(b) His fiancee.
(c) The prime minister.
(d) An animal trainer.
5. What does Nataraj promise the sanitary inspector from the health department?
(a) That he would move the tanning business.
(b) That he had no power to solve the situation.
(c) That he was not the party to blame.
(d) That his neighbors had made up their accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Vasu's guest wants printed?
2. Why was Nataraj a little disappointed that Vasu was not drunk during the jeep ride to Mempi?
3. How does the septuagenarian react when he hears Sastri's information?
4. What had lived before in the house on Kabir street?
5. Why does Nataraj tell Vasu he must return another day to make decisions about his printing job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nataraj do resolve his concerns about Vasu's tenancy?
2. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
3. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
4. Explain the transaction between Nataraj and the old Moslem.
5. Who does Vasu bring to the press to meet Nataraj, and what happens?
6. What is the friendship between Vasu and Nataraj like after Nataraj tells Vasu he will need the attic?
7. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living upstairs?
8. What does Nataraj fear that Vasu will do in order to retaliate regarding the forestry officer and what does he do about it?
9. What is the purpose of the blue curtain separating the two rooms of the printing press, and why is this important to Nataraj?
10. How does Vasu get along with the poet and Babu? Give examples.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)