|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj use his parlor for?
(a) Nataraj lets any passerby who needs a rest have a seat in his parlour.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He decorates his parlour with pictures so people think he has a family.
(d) He keeps his printing machines in his parlour.
2. How does Vasu explain the stuffed hyena?
(a) Vasu claims the stuffed hyena was a give from his master.
(b) Vasu claims the stuffed hyena belongs to Nataraj.
(c) Vasu claims to have shot the hyena on the street in front of the house.
(d) Vasu says the hyena came from another forest years ago.
3. What does the lawyer say when Nataraj suggests they use the money he is owed to pay the court fees?
(a) That the accounts must not be mixed.
(b) The money will not be enough.
(c) That he will do so if it erases his entire debt.
(d) That it is a brilliant way of avoiding taxes.
4. What new problem brought on by Vasu bothers Sastri at the press?
(a) A stuffed hyena at the bottom of the stairs.
(b) Vasu driving away Sen and the poet.
(c) The sound of Vasu's heavy boots pacing back and forth.
(d) All of the above.
5. Who does Nataraj consult to help decide what to do about Vasu?
(a) His wife.
(b) Kavi, the poet.
(c) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was lost when Nataraj's grandmother passed away?
2. How did Kumar come to Mempi?
3. What does Vasu do in the village of Mempi?
4. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
5. What interaction does Vasu have with a woman and her daughter on the roadside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the business transaction unfold between Nataraj and Vasu?
2. Describe the business that Nataraj runs.
3. What is the friendship between Vasu and Nataraj like after Nataraj tells Vasu he will need the attic?
4. What is the financial situation between Nataraj and the adjournment lawyer?
5. Where does Nataraj seek help in resolving his legal affairs?
6. What does Vasu receive in the mail from the forestry department, and what is his reaction to it?
7. What does Nataraj do early every morning?
8. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
9. What is the purpose of the blue curtain separating the two rooms of the printing press, and why is this important to Nataraj?
10. Explain how Vasu arranges to move into Nataraj's attic.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)