|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vasu explain the stuffed hyena?
(a) Vasu claims to have shot the hyena on the street in front of the house.
(b) Vasu claims the stuffed hyena was a give from his master.
(c) Vasu claims the stuffed hyena belongs to Nataraj.
(d) Vasu says the hyena came from another forest years ago.
2. Why was the printing job Nataraj was working on when Vasu takes him away urgent?
(a) It was for a very influential person.
(b) The order was already late.
(c) The wedding was in two weeks.
(d) The daily edition had to be printed early in the day.
3. Why does Nataraj feel silly in Mempi?
(a) Vasu kept telling everyone what an excellent landlord he was.
(b) He knew nothing about tigers.
(c) He hadn't planned on being gone, so he had no buttons for his shirt and no money to buy food.
(d) Everyone else there was a hunter.
4. How does Nataraj control the situation in his parlor?
(a) He doesn't, he lets it unfold as it will.
(b) He removes the Queen Anne chair.
(c) He sends Vasu out on frequent errands.
(d) He defends Sen and the poet all the time.
5. What is Nataraj's reaction to the problem the septuagenarian presents?
(a) Nataraj wishes he would just go away.
(b) Nataraj vows to help him.
(c) Nataraj tells him that it's not his problem.
(d) Nataraj is deeply moved by the old man's plight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the citrus tree behind the house on Kabir Street?
2. In the beginning of chapter two, what are Nataraj and Sastri printing?
3. What person does Vasu bring into Nataraj's parlor?
4. What does Vasu want printed?
5. What does Nataraj promise the sanitary inspector from the health department?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the blue curtain separating the two rooms of the printing press, and why is this important to Nataraj?
2. How does Vasu get along with the poet and Babu? Give examples.
3. What is the affair regarding the septuagenarian and a dog?
4. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
5. When Nataraj goes into the attic with Vasu, what does he see? What transpires then between Vasu and Nataraj?
6. How are the relationships Nataraj has with the people around him?
7. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living upstairs?
8. Who is Vasu, what is his history, and what is the first thing he does in his relationship with Nataraj?
9. Explain how Vasu arranges to move into Nataraj's attic.
10. Who does Vasu bring to the press to meet Nataraj, and what happens?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)