|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj ask Vasu for at the tea-shop in Mempi?
(a) To save the village from the tiger.
(b) To be left alone.
(c) To take him back to Malgudi.
(d) Money to buy something to eat.
2. How does Vasu explain the stuffed hyena?
(a) Vasu says the hyena came from another forest years ago.
(b) Vasu claims the stuffed hyena was a give from his master.
(c) Vasu claims the stuffed hyena belongs to Nataraj.
(d) Vasu claims to have shot the hyena on the street in front of the house.
3. How does Vasu end up in Nataraj's attic?
(a) He is looking for Nataraj.
(b) He is curious and goes up when Nataraj is not looking.
(c) He goes up to try to get rid of the scorpions and snakes.
(d) He goes up to inspect the paper with the old moslem.
4. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The rules were clearly being printed for Vasu's benefit.
(c) The festival would be poorly attended.
(d) The book contained most of the sentiments Vasu missed in life.
5. What does Vasu want printed?
(a) Advertisements for his business services.
(b) Business cards and letterhead.
(c) Fliers about a festival.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the printing job Nataraj was working on when Vasu takes him away urgent?
2. What profession did Vasu engage in earlier in life?
3. After the court summons, what is the next thing official thing to arrive for Nataraj in a brown envelope?
4. Who comes and wants to ask Nataraj questions about Vasu?
5. What stories does Sastri tell Nataraj?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Vasu arranges to move into Nataraj's attic.
2. Who is Rangi, and how do Sastri and Nataraj cross paths with her? What does Nataraj surmise when he starts seeing her?
3. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
4. When Nataraj goes into the attic with Vasu, what does he see? What transpires then between Vasu and Nataraj?
5. What is the financial situation between Nataraj and the adjournment lawyer?
6. What kind of events unfold in chapter one of "The Man-eater of Malgudi?"
7. Explain the relationship developing in chapter two between Vasu and Nataraj. What are their interactions like?
8. What is the affair regarding the septuagenarian and a dog?
9. How does Vasu respond to Nataraj's first efforts to remove him from the attic?
10. What happens when Vasu returns, and what does he want to show Nataraj?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)