|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nataraj feel about people coming through the blue curtain into the back of the press?
(a) Nataraj hates the curtain but Sastri insists on keeping it up for privacy.
(b) Only people on business are allowed past the curtain into the back.
(c) The curtain is often left open for conversation and light to pass.
(d) The curtain is a barrier between two worlds and people are not invited to pass.
2. What problem does the septuagenarian bring to Nataraj?
(a) He is afraid of Vasu's violence.
(b) His grandson's dog had been shot.
(c) He is trying to rent a room in his home but no-one will rent near Vasu.
(d) The odor of Vasu's work is hurting his lungs.
3. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
(a) Bring live animals back to the attic.
(b) Shoot more sacred animals just to make Nataraj angry.
(c) Legally take the attic from him.
(d) Take Babu hostage for ransom.
4. Why does the adjournment lawyer owe Nataraj?
(a) Nataraj lent him money.
(b) He is Nataraj's tenent.
(c) He has not yet paid for the wedding invitations.
(d) None of the above.
5. How does Nataraj control the situation in his parlor?
(a) He sends Vasu out on frequent errands.
(b) He removes the Queen Anne chair.
(c) He doesn't, he lets it unfold as it will.
(d) He defends Sen and the poet all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sen and the poet react when Vasu comes into the parlor?
2. What does Nataraj promise the sanitary inspector from the health department?
3. Who does Nataraj consult to help decide what to do about Vasu?
4. What are the dynamics between Vasu and the poet?
5. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living upstairs?
2. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
3. What is Nataraj's first plan to keep Vasu from shooting Kumar?
4. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
5. What does Nataraj do early every morning?
6. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
7. What happens between Vasu and Nataraj with Vasu's purse?
8. How does Vasu get along with the poet and Babu? Give examples.
9. What happens when Nataraj travels to Mempi with the information about the animal hospital?
10. What is in the second brown envelope that arrives for Nataraj and who is it from? What does he promise in response to it?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)