|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nataraj feel silly in Mempi?
(a) Vasu kept telling everyone what an excellent landlord he was.
(b) He knew nothing about tigers.
(c) Everyone else there was a hunter.
(d) He hadn't planned on being gone, so he had no buttons for his shirt and no money to buy food.
2. Does Nataraj have a family of his own?
(a) Yes, his four sons have recently married.
(b) No, his closest family is a brother that lives nearby.
(c) Yes, he has a wife and a son.
(d) No, he was raised an orphan and never married.
3. What is the Star?
(a) The newspaper Nataraj prints.
(b) The newspaper printed right next door.
(c) The epic poem of Krishna.
(d) The restaurant on the corner.
4. How does Nataraj feel about having the taxidermy business upstairs?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He wishes he could create such life like creations.
(c) He thinks it is sort of neat but dislikes the smell.
(d) It horrifies him.
5. What does Nataraj use his parlor for?
(a) He keeps his printing machines in his parlour.
(b) Nataraj lets any passerby who needs a rest have a seat in his parlour.
(c) He decorates his parlour with pictures so people think he has a family.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the adjournment lawyer had a hard time financially?
2. Which of the following does Vasu accuse Nataraj of?
3. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
4. What is the relationship between Nataraj and Vasu like for a couple weeks after the court summons?
5. How does Nataraj feel about people coming through the blue curtain into the back of the press?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Nataraj employ at the printing press? What is his relationship with his hired help?
2. What is the friendship between Vasu and Nataraj like after Nataraj tells Vasu he will need the attic?
3. Who is Vasu, what is his history, and what is the first thing he does in his relationship with Nataraj?
4. What happens when Vasu returns, and what does he want to show Nataraj?
5. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
6. How are the relationships Nataraj has with the people around him?
7. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
8. How does Nataraj end up on a long day trip with no money and with a client waiting in his press?
9. When Nataraj goes into the attic with Vasu, what does he see? What transpires then between Vasu and Nataraj?
10. What happens when the forestry officer comes to the press looking for Vasu?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)