|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Nataraj take regarding Vasu?
(a) He decides make Vasu's life difficult and hope he leaves.
(b) He confronts Vasu and tells him he must leave in a week.
(c) He summons the police to evict him.
(d) He pins a note on his door asking him to come talk to him, then tells him he needs the room.
2. What does Vasu bring with him when he returns from Mempi?
(a) The tea-shop man.
(b) Invitations to a procession with an elephant.
(c) The printing order from the tea-shop man.
(d) The head of a tiger.
3. What does Vasu ask of Nataraj in the attic?
(a) Vasu asks Nataraj to store his professional equipment.
(b) Vasu asks Nataraj to think of him as family.
(c) Vasu asks Nataraj to share the fee collected from the old moslem.
(d) Vasu asks Nataraj if he can live in the attic.
4. Who comes and wants to ask Nataraj questions about Vasu?
(a) The adjournment lawyer.
(b) The forestry officer.
(c) The septuagenarian.
(d) The police inspector.
5. What does Nataraj tell Vasu's friend about the printing job?
(a) That he needs to be paid up front.
(b) To make careful final revisions and then bring it back.
(c) That there is a long waiting period to get things printed.
(d) That it will be expensive to print.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Vasu start to engage in as his poaching becomes more difficult?
2. What new problem brought on by Vasu bothers Sastri at the press?
3. What does Nataraj use his parlor for?
4. What does Vasu bring back to the building with him all the time after he starts going to the forest?
5. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the financial situation between Nataraj and the adjournment lawyer?
2. How does the business transaction unfold between Nataraj and Vasu?
3. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living upstairs?
4. What does Nataraj do early every morning?
5. What happens when the forestry officer comes to the press looking for Vasu?
6. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
7. What goes on the front room of the shop that Nataraj runs?
8. Explain the transaction between Nataraj and the old Moslem.
9. Describe the business that Nataraj runs.
10. How does Vasu get along with the poet and Babu? Give examples.
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)