|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj call Vasu?
(a) A man-eater.
(b) The life of his office.
(c) His tenant.
(d) His best friend.
2. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Nataraj and Sastri?
(a) Sastri almost lives at the press because he has no family.
(b) Sometimes Nataraj feels like the employee instead of the employer.
(c) Sastri and Nataraj share all tasks equally.
(d) Nataraj rules the press with an iron fist and drives Sastri hard.
3. What profession did Vasu engage in earlier in life?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He was a monk in an isolated monastery.
(c) He was a strong man that performed at markets and fairs crushing granite and bending iron.
(d) He was a large game safari hunter that protected travelers as they crossed wilderness.
4. What does Vasu bring back to the building with him all the time after he starts going to the forest?
(a) Friends to discuss tiger hunting.
(b) People to look at and make offers on the stuffed tiger.
(c) Big game hunters.
(d) Animals he has shot.
5. Which of the following best describes the kind of man that Nataraj is?
(a) Content, kind, and hard working.
(b) Emotional and easy to manipulate.
(c) Frivolous and vain.
(d) Ambitious and driven.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nataraj was growing up, why did his uncle give him money every day?
2. What answer does Vasu give Nataraj about whether he found a house to live in?
3. What does Nataraj suddenly fear when Vasu carelessly answers his request for money?
4. In the beginning of chapter two, what are Nataraj and Sastri printing?
5. What does Nataraj do early every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the second brown envelope that arrives for Nataraj and who is it from? What does he promise in response to it?
2. Rangi and Nataraj discuss several things when she taps on the grille of the press. What do they discuss and what is their conversation like?
3. What is the final interaction that Nataraj has with the adjournment lawyer? How is this different than the previous ones?
4. Why did Muthu come to the press to visit Nataraj?
5. How does Nataraj end up on a long day trip with no money and with a client waiting in his press?
6. How does Vasu come to help with the collection of funds for the celebration? What do people say about him?
7. What is the celebration that is planned, and who is planning it?
8. What does Rangi's visit to Nataraj change at Nataraj's house? How?
9. What is the affair regarding the septuagenarian and a dog?
10. How does Sastri say that demons usually meet their demise?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)