|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Vasu's presence in the parlor?
(a) Dominating and loud.
(b) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(c) Fun and rambuctious.
(d) Argumentative and intellectual.
2. What does Nataraj have stashed away up in his attic that he wishes to be rid of?
(a) Old newspapers, magazines and other waste paper.
(b) Several animals stuffed by a taxidermist.
(c) Scorpions and snakes.
(d) All of the above.
3. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Nataraj and Sastri?
(a) Sastri and Nataraj share all tasks equally.
(b) Sastri almost lives at the press because he has no family.
(c) Sometimes Nataraj feels like the employee instead of the employer.
(d) Nataraj rules the press with an iron fist and drives Sastri hard.
4. Why must Nataraj stay hidden behind his blue curtain while the court is in session?
(a) So Sastri can screen his visitors.
(b) So that Vasu will not know he is there.
(c) Because the laywer has filed a petition to delay his summons saying he is out of town.
(d) So no one will interrupt his work.
5. What happened during the time Nataraj was studying at the Albert Mission?
(a) His grandfather passed away and his father inherited the ancestral home.
(b) The Star needed a new apprentice and offered him the position.
(c) He had many dreams about an elephant.
(d) He was betrothed by his family to a girl he refused to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vasu explain the stuffed hyena?
2. After the court summons, what is the next thing official thing to arrive for Nataraj in a brown envelope?
3. What does Sen like to discuss?
4. What does Vasu bring with him when he returns from Mempi?
5. Why does Nataraj feel silly in Mempi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the friendship between Vasu and Nataraj like after Nataraj tells Vasu he will need the attic?
2. What does Nataraj fear that Vasu will do in order to retaliate regarding the forestry officer and what does he do about it?
3. What happens when Vasu returns, and what does he want to show Nataraj?
4. Who does Vasu bring to the press to meet Nataraj, and what happens?
5. Where does Nataraj seek help in resolving his legal affairs?
6. How do Sen and Vasu get along?
7. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living in the attic as he observes him practicing his profession? Why?
8. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
9. What is the story of the house on Kabir Street?
10. How does the business transaction unfold between Nataraj and Vasu?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)