|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Vasu and Nataraj's conversation? What is Vasu's reaction?
(a) A woman interrupts them, and Vasu falls respectfully silent when she approaches.
(b) Sastri interrupts them, and Vasu yells at him.
(c) Babu, Nataraj's son interrupts them, and Vasu brushes him off.
(d) The poet interrupts them, and Vasu ignores him.
2. Nataraj denies that Vasu is a tenant, but claims he is what?
(a) An invader.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A friend.
(d) A demon.
3. What does Nataraj tell Vasu's friend about the printing job?
(a) To make careful final revisions and then bring it back.
(b) That he needs to be paid up front.
(c) That there is a long waiting period to get things printed.
(d) That it will be expensive to print.
4. What misunderstanding occurs between Vasu and Nataraj?
(a) Vasu expects the cards to be delivered and Nataraj waits for him to pick them up.
(b) Vasu returns expecting his cards to be done, but he still needs to choose type and stationary.
(c) Vasu thinks the cards are a fraction of their real price.
(d) Nataraj printed the wrong information on the cards.
5. What is Nataraj working on when Vasu wants to take him on a jeep ride?
(a) The daily edition of the Star.
(b) Wedding invitations for the adjournment lawyer.
(c) Goldent Thoughts
(d) Labels for aerated soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj call Vasu?
2. How does Sastri change the conversation with the septuagenarian?
3. What does Nataraj admire about Vasu even when they are no longer friends?
4. What move was taken to preserve peace between the five brothers and their families?
5. What does Nataraj promise the sanitary inspector from the health department?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the business transaction unfold between Nataraj and Vasu?
2. Who does Vasu bring to the press to meet Nataraj, and what happens?
3. What happened to the transaction with the client that Nataraj left waiting when he left with Vasu?
4. Explain the transaction between Nataraj and the old Moslem.
5. What was the bus ride back to Malgudi like for Nataraj?
6. What does Nataraj fear that Vasu will do in order to retaliate regarding the forestry officer and what does he do about it?
7. Who is Vasu, what is his history, and what is the first thing he does in his relationship with Nataraj?
8. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
9. How do Sen and Vasu get along?
10. How does Vasu get along with the poet and Babu? Give examples.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)