|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old Moslem tell Nataraj about his paper?
(a) He does not want it.
(b) It is too old and completely brown.
(c) He should store it differently.
(d) It is the best in the neighborhood.
2. How many people work with Nataraj at his press?
(a) Nataraj worked with his whole family at the press.
(b) A foreman, an office boy, a compositor, a binder and an accountant.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Just one, an old man called Sastri.
3. What does speaking to Vasu remind Nataraj of?
(a) Speaking with a foreigner.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Speaking to his father when he was a little boy.
(d) Taming a wild tiger.
4. What are the dynamics between Vasu and the poet?
(a) Vasu gets the poet to move from the Queen Anne chair when he arrives.
(b) The poet refuses to hear Vasu talk.
(c) They are mutually respectful but distant.
(d) They knew each other previously.
5. Who gives Nataraj cold looks when he runs into them on the street?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The owners of the Star.
(c) The girl he spurned at the market.
(d) His extended family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much room does Nataraj need for his printing press?
2. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
3. After the court summons, what is the next thing official thing to arrive for Nataraj in a brown envelope?
4. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
5. In the beginning of chapter two, what are Nataraj and Sastri printing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nataraj do when he has difficulty finding a puppy for the septuagenarian's grandson? How does his own son get involved?
2. What happens when Vasu returns, and what does he want to show Nataraj?
3. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living in the attic as he observes him practicing his profession? Why?
4. How does the business transaction unfold between Nataraj and Vasu?
5. What kind of events unfold in chapter one of "The Man-eater of Malgudi?"
6. How does Nataraj feel about Vasu living upstairs?
7. What does Nataraj fear that Vasu will do in order to retaliate regarding the forestry officer and what does he do about it?
8. When Nataraj goes into the attic with Vasu, what does he see? What transpires then between Vasu and Nataraj?
9. What business does Nataraj do when he is in Mempi?
10. Where does Nataraj seek help in resolving his legal affairs?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)