|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rangi come to visit Nataraj?
(a) In the morning when she is leaving Vasu's room.
(b) At night while he is printing and the rest are sleeping.
(c) During the celebration.
(d) Right before the parade.
2. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
(a) Finding a doctor for Kumar.
(b) Printing festival fliers.
(c) Framing Vasu.
(d) Getting into Vasu's apartment.
3. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
(a) It is the traditional route.
(b) They have already decorated the route.
(c) They only have permits for that route.
(d) There is not other safe path for a parade to the temple.
4. How does Nataraj's wife change when Rangi comes to visit?
(a) She finally stands up to Nataraj and forbids Rangi to enter.
(b) She realizes the urgency of the situation around Kumar.
(c) She turns cold to Nataraj and stops tending him to go to the celebration.
(d) She is jealous and starts fawning attention on Nataraj.
5. What emotion does Nataraj experience while actually printing the book for the poet?
6. Which of the following best characterizes the effect of the police inspector on Vasu?
7. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
(a) They hire extra help.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They work late every day on juice lables.
(d) They send all their customers next door to The Star.
8. Where does the group that leaves Nataraj's house go when they leave?
(a) To board up Vasu's window.
(b) None of the above.
(c) To walk with Kumar.
(d) To look for police help saving Kumar.
9. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
(a) To answer his questions about Vasu.
(b) To pay for the tea and buns he ate in Mempi.
(c) To send money.
(d) To live in his house.
10. Why does K.J. come to the press?
(a) To arrest Nataraj.
(b) His juice labels are long over due.
(c) To inform Nataraj that Kumar is healed.
(d) He is looking for Vasu.
11. What did the police find that they tried to discover the origins of?
(a) Vasu's guns.
(b) The money Vasu had collected for the procession.
(c) The food Rangi had brought Vasu.
(d) The tiger skins.
12. What does Rangi say about her whereabouts the night of the procession?
(a) She was at home with her grandma.
(b) She has many alibis because she was in the procession all night.
(c) She never saw Vasu that night.
(d) She had gone to Vasu when summoned and he was fine.
13. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
(a) A ghost.
(b) The hyena.
(d) A faulty mechanism in the press.
14. What undertaking does Vasu take over from the unwilling Nataraj for the celebration?
(a) Gathering a crowd.
(b) Finding entertainment.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Providing security.
15. What causes the delay in the procession?
(a) Rangi is late to take her place in front.
(b) They go to pick up a golden headdress for Kumar.
(c) Nataraj files permits for a different route.
(d) The police are trying to thwart Vasu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
2. What is the animal hospital like?
3. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
4. What does Sastri do when he hears of Vasu's demise?
5. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about Vasu?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)