|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) People soon forgot the whole affair and life went back to normal.
(b) People said he should be taken to jail.
(c) They avoided him.
(d) He was a town hero.
2. How does Nataraj get back to town?
(a) He is given a lift by the doctor.
(b) He rides on Kumar with the mahout.
(c) Vasu offers him a ride.
(d) Another eight hour bus ride.
3. What was the result from the coroner regarding Vasu's death?
(a) He was poisened.
(b) It was of natural causes.
(c) It was self inflicted.
(d) It was caused by a concussion on the right frontal lobe.
4. What date do Nataraj and Sastri choose for the celebration?
(a) The not so good day.
(b) The good day.
(c) The only day the press had off.
(d) Kumar's birthday.
5. What was the general atmosphere of the community for days after Vasu's death?
(a) Fear and mourning.
(b) Blame and anger.
(c) Suspicion and theorizing.
(d) Relief and subdued celebration.
6. Which of the following best characterizes the effect of the police inspector on Vasu?
7. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
(a) Vasu wonders why he didn't receive a notice of the celebration.
(b) Vasu wonders how the printing of his book is going.
(c) Vasu wants Nataraj to fix something in the attic.
(d) Vasu wonders if he can use some of the outdoor space of the press for storage.
8. What causes the delay in the procession?
(a) Nataraj files permits for a different route.
(b) The police are trying to thwart Vasu.
(c) They go to pick up a golden headdress for Kumar.
(d) Rangi is late to take her place in front.
9. Who comes to visit Nataraj at home while he is resting?
(a) Muthu, Sen, the poet, Dr Joshi, and Rangi.
(b) Sen and the poet.
(c) Muthu, Sen, and Rangi.
10. How does Nataraj cope with K.J.?
(a) Nataraj has Sastri tell K.J. that Nataraj hasn't been in the press for two days.
(b) Nataraj returns K.J.'s money and tells him to take his business elsewhere.
(c) Nataraj presents a bill to K.J. for overdue services.
(d) Nataraj asks K.J. for a donation towards the festival, and he gets uncomfortable and leaves.
11. What did Rangi do to try to protect Kumar?
(a) She told her devout cousins about Vasu's intent, and they murdered Vasu.
(b) She put sleeping pills in Vasu's food so he would sleep through the night.
(c) She knocked Vasu on the head with the butt of his gun.
(d) She tried to seduce Vasu to distract him from the procession.
12. What is the debate at Mempi regarding Kumar?
(a) The debate is over how much money the temple can spend on Kumar.
(b) The debate is about whether or not they can trust Nataraj.
(c) The debate is over what to do about Vasu.
(d) The debate is whether to make Kumar walk, sick as he is, to the doctor.
13. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
(b) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
(c) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
(d) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
14. What does Nataraj try to do for the poet?
(a) Nataraj tries to give the poet the stuffed tiger cub.
(b) Nataraj tries to print a delux version of the poets book.
(c) Nataraj tries to convince the poet to write another book.
(d) Nataraj invites the poet to move into the attic.
15. What does Nataraj's wife force him to do when she takes him home from the celebration?
(a) Eat and sleep.
(b) Confront Vasu.
(c) Tell her what's going on.
(d) See a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sastri and Nataraj choose a day for the celebration?
2. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
3. Who killed Vasu and how?
4. What does Vasu want Nataraj to do for him?
5. Why does K.J. come to the press?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)