|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
(a) They have already decorated the route.
(b) There is not other safe path for a parade to the temple.
(c) They only have permits for that route.
(d) It is the traditional route.
2. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
(a) To answer his questions about Vasu.
(b) To pay for the tea and buns he ate in Mempi.
(c) To live in his house.
(d) To send money.
3. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about Vasu?
(a) Vasu is planning on keeping the celebration money.
(b) Vasu plans to shoot Kumar at the parade.
(c) Vasu is slowly going crazy.
(d) Vasu is very ill.
4. What sends Nataraj scurrying out of Vasu's room as the procession passes?
(a) Vasu's rage.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) The horror at what he just did.
(d) Concern for the crowd below.
5. What date do Nataraj and Sastri choose for the celebration?
(a) The good day.
(b) The not so good day.
(c) The only day the press had off.
(d) Kumar's birthday.
6. What is the animal hospital like?
(a) The animal hospital is a wide open field with a little hut.
(b) The animal hospital is surrounded by sacred cows being cared for.
(c) The animal hospital is very modern and clean.
(d) The animal hospital is packed with animals, loud, and dirty.
7. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
(b) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
(c) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
(d) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
8. What does the post man tell Nataraj?
(a) That Vasu was missing.
(b) That Vasu had shot himself.
(c) That Vasu is dead.
(d) That Vasu was poisened and is in the hospital.
9. How is Thanappa, the postman, different than usual the morning after the procession?
(a) He is full of gossip about the temple and the poem.
(b) He is could and disdainful to Nataraj.
(c) He is very late from sleeping in because he stayed up all night.
(d) He usually chats for half hour before leaving the mail, but this morning he is all business.
10. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
(a) How terrible he looks.
(b) That all his troubles are over.
(c) How his body fits in with the taxidermy.
(d) How much blood there was.
11. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
(b) A faulty mechanism in the press.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The hyena.
12. What problem was encountered printing the poet's manuscript?
(a) They did not have the special binding to present the work to the temple.
(b) They ran out of the letters K and R.
(c) They had misplaced the original manuscript.
(d) They ran out of black ink and had to use magenta.
13. What is the result of the police inspector's attempt to disarm Vasu?
(a) Vasu swears retribution on Nataraj and his friends.
(b) The inspector has a dislocated wrist, Vasu has his guns and a broken bed.
(c) Vasu laughs at the inspector and brushes him off.
(d) The inspector manages to take a gun, but Vasu as an illegal one still hidden in the room.
14. What does Nataraj remove from Vasu's apartment?
(a) Vasu's purse and the stuffed tiger cub.
(b) Rangi's food bag and the green folder.
(c) The green folder and the stuffed tiger cub.
(d) The gun and Rangi's food bag.
15. Where does the group that leaves Nataraj's house go when they leave?
(a) To look for police help saving Kumar.
(b) To walk with Kumar.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To board up Vasu's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sastri and Nataraj choose a day for the celebration?
2. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
3. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
4. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
5. After Vasu's death, how is business at the press? How does Nataraj spend his time?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)