|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) People said he should be taken to jail.
(b) People soon forgot the whole affair and life went back to normal.
(c) They avoided him.
(d) He was a town hero.
2. How does Sen help Nataraj?
(a) He finds an article about the animal hospital in a newspaper.
(b) He gives him a book on elephant care.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He lends him money to pay the lawyer.
3. What problem was encountered printing the poet's manuscript?
(a) They did not have the special binding to present the work to the temple.
(b) They had misplaced the original manuscript.
(c) They ran out of the letters K and R.
(d) They ran out of black ink and had to use magenta.
4. Which of the following best characterizes the effect of the police inspector on Vasu?
5. When does Rangi come to visit Nataraj?
(a) Right before the parade.
(b) In the morning when she is leaving Vasu's room.
(c) During the celebration.
(d) At night while he is printing and the rest are sleeping.
6. What does Nataraj remove from Vasu's apartment?
(a) The gun and Rangi's food bag.
(b) Vasu's purse and the stuffed tiger cub.
(c) Rangi's food bag and the green folder.
(d) The green folder and the stuffed tiger cub.
7. What is Nataraj's intent when he goes up to Vasu's room when the procession is about to come by?
(a) To kill Vasu.
(b) To light a fire in the attic that will make is impossible for Vasu to stay there.
(c) To attract attention so all may see who murdered Kumar.
(d) To reason with Vasu.
8. What does Nataraj's wife force him to do when she takes him home from the celebration?
(a) Confront Vasu.
(b) See a doctor.
(c) Tell her what's going on.
(d) Eat and sleep.
9. Why does K.J. come to the press?
(a) To arrest Nataraj.
(b) His juice labels are long over due.
(c) To inform Nataraj that Kumar is healed.
(d) He is looking for Vasu.
10. What is the result of the police inspector's attempt to disarm Vasu?
(a) The inspector manages to take a gun, but Vasu as an illegal one still hidden in the room.
(b) Vasu swears retribution on Nataraj and his friends.
(c) The inspector has a dislocated wrist, Vasu has his guns and a broken bed.
(d) Vasu laughs at the inspector and brushes him off.
11. What was the general atmosphere of the community for days after Vasu's death?
(a) Relief and subdued celebration.
(b) Fear and mourning.
(c) Suspicion and theorizing.
(d) Blame and anger.
12. What emotion does Nataraj experience while actually printing the book for the poet?
13. How do the poet, Sastri, and Nataraj spend the night prior to the parade?
(a) Printing labels for fruit juice.
(b) Printing a copy of the poet's book.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Finding ways to save Kumar.
14. What did Rangi do to try to protect Kumar?
(a) She told her devout cousins about Vasu's intent, and they murdered Vasu.
(b) She tried to seduce Vasu to distract him from the procession.
(c) She put sleeping pills in Vasu's food so he would sleep through the night.
(d) She knocked Vasu on the head with the butt of his gun.
15. How does Nataraj's wife feel about Rangi coming to see Nataraj at home?
(a) She doesn't like it but understands.
(b) She wants Rangi to use the back door.
(c) It makes her very angry.
(d) She is grateful for Rangi's help saving Kumar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kumar?
2. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
3. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
4. What does Nataraj unwittingly do in the crowd at the celebration?
5. What does the chemical analysis determine about the food Rangi had left for Vasu?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)