|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group that leaves Nataraj's house go when they leave?
(a) To board up Vasu's window.
(b) To walk with Kumar.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To look for police help saving Kumar.
2. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
(b) He is the police inspector from the bus.
(c) He is a second cousin.
(d) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
3. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
(b) To take Vasu with him into the crowds where it will be hard for him shoot Kumar.
4. What is the result of the police inspector's attempt to disarm Vasu?
(a) The inspector manages to take a gun, but Vasu as an illegal one still hidden in the room.
(b) Vasu swears retribution on Nataraj and his friends.
(c) The inspector has a dislocated wrist, Vasu has his guns and a broken bed.
(d) Vasu laughs at the inspector and brushes him off.
5. As time goes by after Vasu's death, what does Nataraj convince himself of?
(a) That he was right to steal the stuffed tiger cub.
(b) That Vasu had been a good friend.
(c) That Vasu was a fearsome demon and not a man.
(d) That he might have killed Vasu.
6. Why does K.J. come to the press?
(a) To inform Nataraj that Kumar is healed.
(b) He is looking for Vasu.
(c) His juice labels are long over due.
(d) To arrest Nataraj.
7. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) They avoided him.
(b) People said he should be taken to jail.
(c) He was a town hero.
(d) People soon forgot the whole affair and life went back to normal.
8. What does Nataraj speak with the adjournment lawyer about in their last conversation?
(a) Nataraj demands the lawyer pay his printing debt.
(b) Nataraj wants the lawyer to defend him against criminal accusations.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Nataraj wants to know what he can do to protect himself against slander.
9. What does the chemical analysis determine about the food Rangi had left for Vasu?
(a) It had no trace of poison.
(b) It had killed him.
(c) It came from a local restaurant.
(d) It was poisoned.
10. Which of the following best characterizes the effect of the police inspector on Vasu?
11. How does Nataraj get back to town?
(a) He is given a lift by the doctor.
(b) He rides on Kumar with the mahout.
(c) Vasu offers him a ride.
(d) Another eight hour bus ride.
12. What was the result from the coroner regarding Vasu's death?
(a) It was self inflicted.
(b) It was of natural causes.
(c) He was poisened.
(d) It was caused by a concussion on the right frontal lobe.
13. What does Nataraj say was the greatest damage caused by the man-eater?
(a) He brought suspicion into Malgudi.
(b) He destroyed Nataraj's name, friendships, and world.
(c) He took sacred animals from the world.
(d) He caused fear in those of good heart.
14. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
(a) Vasu has proposed marriage to her.
(b) They have no future plans and she will no longer come to him.
(c) He is going to take her away to Bombay where she will cook for him.
(d) He has paid her in advance for her services for an entire year.
15. What is Nataraj's intent when he goes up to Vasu's room when the procession is about to come by?
(a) To reason with Vasu.
(b) To attract attention so all may see who murdered Kumar.
(c) To kill Vasu.
(d) To light a fire in the attic that will make is impossible for Vasu to stay there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Sastri give for being delayed returning from his niece's wedding?
2. How does Sen help Nataraj?
3. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
4. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
5. What does the post man tell Nataraj?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)