|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
(b) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
(c) He is the police inspector from the bus.
(d) He is a second cousin.
2. How does Nataraj get back to town?
(a) He is given a lift by the doctor.
(b) He rides on Kumar with the mahout.
(c) Vasu offers him a ride.
(d) Another eight hour bus ride.
3. What does Vasu want Nataraj to do for him?
(a) Fix the attic.
(b) Print a book he is writing on the preservation of wildlife.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Do a favor for the forestry officer.
4. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
(a) Vasu wonders how the printing of his book is going.
(b) Vasu wonders if he can use some of the outdoor space of the press for storage.
(c) Vasu wants Nataraj to fix something in the attic.
(d) Vasu wonders why he didn't receive a notice of the celebration.
5. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
(a) They hire extra help.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They send all their customers next door to The Star.
(d) They work late every day on juice lables.
6. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about Vasu?
(a) Vasu is slowly going crazy.
(b) Vasu is planning on keeping the celebration money.
(c) Vasu plans to shoot Kumar at the parade.
(d) Vasu is very ill.
7. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
(b) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
(c) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
(d) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
8. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
(a) Framing Vasu.
(b) Getting into Vasu's apartment.
(c) Printing festival fliers.
(d) Finding a doctor for Kumar.
9. Where does the group that leaves Nataraj's house go when they leave?
(a) To board up Vasu's window.
(b) To look for police help saving Kumar.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To walk with Kumar.
10. What does Sastri divulge about Rangi?
(a) She killed Vasu.
(b) She knew the identity of the murderer.
(c) She was the only one that could control Vasu.
(d) She was with Vasu when he died.
11. What does the post man tell Nataraj?
(a) That Vasu was missing.
(b) That Vasu had shot himself.
(c) That Vasu was poisened and is in the hospital.
(d) That Vasu is dead.
12. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
(a) He has paid her in advance for her services for an entire year.
(b) They have no future plans and she will no longer come to him.
(c) He is going to take her away to Bombay where she will cook for him.
(d) Vasu has proposed marriage to her.
13. What does Nataraj try to do for the poet?
(a) Nataraj tries to convince the poet to write another book.
(b) Nataraj invites the poet to move into the attic.
(c) Nataraj tries to print a delux version of the poets book.
(d) Nataraj tries to give the poet the stuffed tiger cub.
14. Who comes to visit Nataraj at home while he is resting?
(a) Muthu, Sen, the poet, Dr Joshi, and Rangi.
(c) Sen and the poet.
(d) Muthu, Sen, and Rangi.
15. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
(a) The completion of the poet's book.
(b) The recovery of Kumar.
(c) Vasu's departure.
(d) A seasonal festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Nataraj experience while actually printing the book for the poet?
2. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
3. What does Rangi tell Nataraj when she comes to his home?
4. What was the result from the coroner regarding Vasu's death?
5. How does Nataraj's wife feel about Rangi coming to see Nataraj at home?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)