Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sastri divulge about Rangi?
(a) She knew the identity of the murderer.
(b) She was with Vasu when he died.
(c) She was the only one that could control Vasu.
(d) She killed Vasu.
2. As time goes by after Vasu's death, what does Nataraj convince himself of?
(a) That he was right to steal the stuffed tiger cub.
(b) That Vasu had been a good friend.
(c) That Vasu was a fearsome demon and not a man.
(d) That he might have killed Vasu.
3. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about Vasu?
(a) Vasu is planning on keeping the celebration money.
(b) Vasu is slowly going crazy.
(c) Vasu is very ill.
(d) Vasu plans to shoot Kumar at the parade.
4. What does Vasu offer Nataraj when he hears of the celebration, and what is Nataraj's reaction?
(a) Vasu offers Nataraj a stuffed animal for his parlour and Nataraj agrees.
(b) Vasu offers ten rupees and Nataraj says he wants a hundred.
(c) Vasu offers to move out of the attic and Nataraj tells him he doesn't have to.
(d) Vasu offers Nataraj friendship and Nataraj willingly embraces it.
5. How does Sen help Nataraj?
(a) He finds an article about the animal hospital in a newspaper.
(b) He lends him money to pay the lawyer.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He gives him a book on elephant care.
6. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
(a) The recovery of Kumar.
(b) A seasonal festival.
(c) Vasu's departure.
(d) The completion of the poet's book.
7. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
(b) To take Vasu with him into the crowds where it will be hard for him shoot Kumar.
8. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
(a) How his body fits in with the taxidermy.
(b) That all his troubles are over.
(c) How much blood there was.
(d) How terrible he looks.
9. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
(a) In Mempi.
(b) In Nataraj's press.
(c) In Vasu's apartment.
(d) None of the above.
10. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
(b) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
(c) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
(d) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
11. What sends Nataraj scurrying out of Vasu's room as the procession passes?
(a) Vasu's rage.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) Concern for the crowd below.
(d) The horror at what he just did.
12. Who arrives at the last moment and is able to get Kumar to stand?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A mahout.
13. What reason does Sastri give for being delayed returning from his niece's wedding?
(a) After the wedding they went on a pilgrimage.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He was investigating the murder.
(d) He was staying away until the dust settled about Vasu.
14. Who is Kumar?
(a) The mayor of Mempi.
(b) A wild elephant that has been seen around town.
(c) The temple elephant.
(d) An elephant trainer of great repute.
15. What is the general attitude of people towards Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) He was a town hero.
(b) People soon forgot the whole affair and life went back to normal.
(c) They avoided him.
(d) People said he should be taken to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
2. What does Rangi say about her whereabouts the night of the procession?
3. What problem was encountered printing the poet's manuscript?
4. What does Vasu want Nataraj to do for him?
5. What causes the delay in the procession?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)