|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj try to do for the poet?
(a) Nataraj tries to print a delux version of the poets book.
(b) Nataraj tries to convince the poet to write another book.
(c) Nataraj tries to give the poet the stuffed tiger cub.
(d) Nataraj invites the poet to move into the attic.
2. What does Vasu leave in Nataraj's possession after their discussion about money?
(a) A letter from his bank.
(b) His purse.
(c) A stack of crisp hundredd rupee bills.
(d) His car.
3. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
(a) Finding a doctor for Kumar.
(b) Framing Vasu.
(c) Printing festival fliers.
(d) Getting into Vasu's apartment.
4. Where does the police inspector hold the investigation into Vasu's death?
(a) In Vasu's apartment.
(b) In Nataraj's press.
(c) In Mempi.
(d) None of the above.
5. Who killed Vasu and how?
(a) Muthu and other hunters struck him while he slept.
(b) Rangi poisoned Vasu.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Vasu killed himself slapping mosquitos on his forehead.
6. How do the poet, Sastri, and Nataraj spend the night prior to the parade?
(a) Collecting money.
(b) Finding ways to save Kumar.
(c) Printing labels for fruit juice.
(d) Printing a copy of the poet's book.
7. What causes the delay in the procession?
(a) They go to pick up a golden headdress for Kumar.
(b) Nataraj files permits for a different route.
(c) Rangi is late to take her place in front.
(d) The police are trying to thwart Vasu.
8. What does Nataraj wonder about his wife and Babu on the day of the celebration?
(a) If Vasu might kidnap them and hold them ransom.
(b) All of the above.
(c) If he should make them stay home so they will be safe.
(d) If they appreciate all the work he did.
9. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is a second cousin.
(b) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
(c) He is the police inspector from the bus.
(d) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
10. As time goes by after Vasu's death, what does Nataraj convince himself of?
(a) That Vasu was a fearsome demon and not a man.
(b) That Vasu had been a good friend.
(c) That he was right to steal the stuffed tiger cub.
(d) That he might have killed Vasu.
11. What does the chemical analysis determine about the food Rangi had left for Vasu?
(a) It was poisoned.
(b) It came from a local restaurant.
(c) It had killed him.
(d) It had no trace of poison.
12. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
(a) To send money.
(b) To pay for the tea and buns he ate in Mempi.
(c) To answer his questions about Vasu.
(d) To live in his house.
13. How does Nataraj get back to town?
(a) He is given a lift by the doctor.
(b) Another eight hour bus ride.
(c) Vasu offers him a ride.
(d) He rides on Kumar with the mahout.
14. What does Vasu want Nataraj to do for him?
(a) Print a book he is writing on the preservation of wildlife.
(b) Do a favor for the forestry officer.
(c) Fix the attic.
(d) None of the above.
15. What is the overriding emotion in Vasu's plans to shoot Kumar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rangi do to try to protect Kumar?
2. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
3. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
4. What date do Nataraj and Sastri choose for the celebration?
5. How does Nataraj cope with K.J.?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)