|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about Vasu?
(a) Vasu plans to shoot Kumar at the parade.
(b) Vasu is slowly going crazy.
(c) Vasu is planning on keeping the celebration money.
(d) Vasu is very ill.
2. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
(a) They only have permits for that route.
(b) It is the traditional route.
(c) They have already decorated the route.
(d) There is not other safe path for a parade to the temple.
3. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
(a) Vasu wonders how the printing of his book is going.
(b) Vasu wonders why he didn't receive a notice of the celebration.
(c) Vasu wonders if he can use some of the outdoor space of the press for storage.
(d) Vasu wants Nataraj to fix something in the attic.
4. What causes the delay in the procession?
(a) The police are trying to thwart Vasu.
(b) Rangi is late to take her place in front.
(c) They go to pick up a golden headdress for Kumar.
(d) Nataraj files permits for a different route.
5. How does Nataraj get back to town?
(a) Vasu offers him a ride.
(b) He is given a lift by the doctor.
(c) He rides on Kumar with the mahout.
(d) Another eight hour bus ride.
6. Who arrives at the last moment and is able to get Kumar to stand?
(a) A mahout.
(b) The doctor.
(c) None of the above.
7. What does the post man tell Nataraj?
(a) That Vasu was missing.
(b) That Vasu is dead.
(c) That Vasu was poisened and is in the hospital.
(d) That Vasu had shot himself.
8. What emotion does Nataraj experience while actually printing the book for the poet?
9. Who comes to visit Nataraj at home while he is resting?
(a) Muthu, Sen, the poet, Dr Joshi, and Rangi.
(b) Muthu, Sen, and Rangi.
(d) Sen and the poet.
10. What reason does Sastri give for being delayed returning from his niece's wedding?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He was investigating the murder.
(c) After the wedding they went on a pilgrimage.
(d) He was staying away until the dust settled about Vasu.
11. What does Nataraj try to do for the poet?
(a) Nataraj invites the poet to move into the attic.
(b) Nataraj tries to give the poet the stuffed tiger cub.
(c) Nataraj tries to convince the poet to write another book.
(d) Nataraj tries to print a delux version of the poets book.
12. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
(b) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
(c) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
(d) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
13. Why does K.J. come to the press?
(a) To arrest Nataraj.
(b) His juice labels are long over due.
(c) He is looking for Vasu.
(d) To inform Nataraj that Kumar is healed.
14. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
(a) They have no future plans and she will no longer come to him.
(b) Vasu has proposed marriage to her.
(c) He has paid her in advance for her services for an entire year.
(d) He is going to take her away to Bombay where she will cook for him.
15. What is Nataraj's intent when he goes up to Vasu's room when the procession is about to come by?
(a) To reason with Vasu.
(b) To attract attention so all may see who murdered Kumar.
(c) To kill Vasu.
(d) To light a fire in the attic that will make is impossible for Vasu to stay there.
Short Answer Questions
1. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
2. What does Nataraj say was the greatest damage caused by the man-eater?
3. What is the debate at Mempi regarding Kumar?
4. What problem was encountered printing the poet's manuscript?
5. What is the result of the police inspector's attempt to disarm Vasu?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)