|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
(a) Vasu wonders how the printing of his book is going.
(b) Vasu wonders why he didn't receive a notice of the celebration.
(c) Vasu wants Nataraj to fix something in the attic.
(d) Vasu wonders if he can use some of the outdoor space of the press for storage.
2. What does Nataraj's wife force him to do when she takes him home from the celebration?
(a) Tell her what's going on.
(b) Eat and sleep.
(c) Confront Vasu.
(d) See a doctor.
3. How does Nataraj cope with K.J.?
(a) Nataraj returns K.J.'s money and tells him to take his business elsewhere.
(b) Nataraj has Sastri tell K.J. that Nataraj hasn't been in the press for two days.
(c) Nataraj asks K.J. for a donation towards the festival, and he gets uncomfortable and leaves.
(d) Nataraj presents a bill to K.J. for overdue services.
4. Which of the following best characterizes the effect of the police inspector on Vasu?
5. How does Nataraj get back to town?
(a) Vasu offers him a ride.
(b) He is given a lift by the doctor.
(c) Another eight hour bus ride.
(d) He rides on Kumar with the mahout.
6. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A faulty mechanism in the press.
(d) The hyena.
7. What help does Nataraj seek from Sen?
(a) Nataraj asks Sen to help him find the doctor for Kumar.
(b) Nataraj wants Sen to give a message to Vasu.
(c) Nataraj asks Sen to act as a go between him and the lawyer.
(d) Nataraj asks Sen how to defeat a rakshasa.
8. What was the town saying about Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) That he should be elected to public office.
(b) That he had saved Kumar's life.
(c) That he had killed a rakshasa single handedly.
(d) That he should leave the neighborhood.
9. What does Nataraj remove from Vasu's apartment?
(a) The gun and Rangi's food bag.
(b) Vasu's purse and the stuffed tiger cub.
(c) Rangi's food bag and the green folder.
(d) The green folder and the stuffed tiger cub.
10. How do the poet, Sastri, and Nataraj spend the night prior to the parade?
(a) Collecting money.
(b) Printing labels for fruit juice.
(c) Printing a copy of the poet's book.
(d) Finding ways to save Kumar.
11. What does Vasu leave in Nataraj's possession after their discussion about money?
(a) A letter from his bank.
(b) A stack of crisp hundredd rupee bills.
(c) His purse.
(d) His car.
12. What does Sastri divulge about Rangi?
(a) She was with Vasu when he died.
(b) She was the only one that could control Vasu.
(c) She killed Vasu.
(d) She knew the identity of the murderer.
13. Why can't they change the path of the procession to avoid going by Vasu's window?
(a) There is not other safe path for a parade to the temple.
(b) They only have permits for that route.
(c) They have already decorated the route.
(d) It is the traditional route.
14. When does Rangi come to visit Nataraj?
(a) In the morning when she is leaving Vasu's room.
(b) During the celebration.
(c) Right before the parade.
(d) At night while he is printing and the rest are sleeping.
15. What does Nataraj wonder about his wife and Babu on the day of the celebration?
(a) If they appreciate all the work he did.
(b) All of the above.
(c) If he should make them stay home so they will be safe.
(d) If Vasu might kidnap them and hold them ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rangi say about her whereabouts the night of the procession?
2. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
3. What reason does Sastri give for being delayed returning from his niece's wedding?
4. Who is Kumar?
5. Why does K.J. come to the press?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)