|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While preparing for the celebration, how do Sastri and Nataraj keep up with work?
(a) They hire extra help.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They send all their customers next door to The Star.
(d) They work late every day on juice lables.
2. What undertaking does Vasu take over from the unwilling Nataraj for the celebration?
(a) Finding entertainment.
(b) Gathering a crowd.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Providing security.
3. What does the chemical analysis determine about the food Rangi had left for Vasu?
(a) It was poisoned.
(b) It came from a local restaurant.
(c) It had no trace of poison.
(d) It had killed him.
4. What is Nataraj's intent when he goes up to Vasu's room when the procession is about to come by?
(a) To attract attention so all may see who murdered Kumar.
(b) To light a fire in the attic that will make is impossible for Vasu to stay there.
(c) To reason with Vasu.
(d) To kill Vasu.
5. What sends Nataraj scurrying out of Vasu's room as the procession passes?
(a) Vasu's rage.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) Concern for the crowd below.
(d) The horror at what he just did.
6. What does Vasu leave in Nataraj's possession after their discussion about money?
(a) His car.
(b) A stack of crisp hundredd rupee bills.
(c) His purse.
(d) A letter from his bank.
7. What was the town saying about Nataraj after Vasu's death?
(a) That he should be elected to public office.
(b) That he had killed a rakshasa single handedly.
(c) That he should leave the neighborhood.
(d) That he had saved Kumar's life.
8. What causes the delay in the procession?
(a) The police are trying to thwart Vasu.
(b) They go to pick up a golden headdress for Kumar.
(c) Rangi is late to take her place in front.
(d) Nataraj files permits for a different route.
9. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
(b) A ghost.
(c) The hyena.
(d) A faulty mechanism in the press.
10. What does Nataraj wonder about his wife and Babu on the day of the celebration?
(a) All of the above.
(b) If Vasu might kidnap them and hold them ransom.
(c) If they appreciate all the work he did.
(d) If he should make them stay home so they will be safe.
11. What does Nataraj remove from Vasu's apartment?
(a) The green folder and the stuffed tiger cub.
(b) The gun and Rangi's food bag.
(c) Rangi's food bag and the green folder.
(d) Vasu's purse and the stuffed tiger cub.
12. How does Nataraj cope with K.J.?
(a) Nataraj has Sastri tell K.J. that Nataraj hasn't been in the press for two days.
(b) Nataraj asks K.J. for a donation towards the festival, and he gets uncomfortable and leaves.
(c) Nataraj returns K.J.'s money and tells him to take his business elsewhere.
(d) Nataraj presents a bill to K.J. for overdue services.
13. What is the cause for the celebration that Sastri and Nataraj undertake?
(a) The recovery of Kumar.
(b) Vasu's departure.
(c) The completion of the poet's book.
(d) A seasonal festival.
14. What strikes Nataraj about the scene when he sees Vasu?
(a) How much blood there was.
(b) That all his troubles are over.
(c) How terrible he looks.
(d) How his body fits in with the taxidermy.
15. Which of the following best characterizes the effect of the police inspector on Vasu?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Sastri give for being delayed returning from his niece's wedding?
2. What does Nataraj's wife do when interviewed by the police?
3. What does Vasu offer Nataraj when he hears of the celebration, and what is Nataraj's reaction?
4. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
5. Who arrives at the last moment and is able to get Kumar to stand?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)