|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had lived before in the house on Kabir street?
(a) A taxidermist.
(b) The owner of the Star.
(c) A wealthy family that wanted Nataraj to marry their daughter.
(d) Nataraj's extended family, consisting of four uncles and their families.
2. What answer does Vasu give Nataraj about whether he found a house to live in?
(a) He has a house but he rented it out for the money.
(b) He doesn't give an answer.
(c) He is no longer looking for a house.
(d) He said his house would be available in several months.
3. What profession did Vasu engage in earlier in life?
(a) He was a strong man that performed at markets and fairs crushing granite and bending iron.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He was a large game safari hunter that protected travelers as they crossed wilderness.
(d) He was a monk in an isolated monastery.
4. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
(a) Take Babu hostage for ransom.
(b) Bring live animals back to the attic.
(c) Shoot more sacred animals just to make Nataraj angry.
(d) Legally take the attic from him.
5. What is Nataraj's reaction to the problem the septuagenarian presents?
(a) Nataraj wishes he would just go away.
(b) Nataraj tells him that it's not his problem.
(c) Nataraj vows to help him.
(d) Nataraj is deeply moved by the old man's plight.
6. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
(a) The book contained most of the sentiments Vasu missed in life.
(b) The festival would be poorly attended.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The rules were clearly being printed for Vasu's benefit.
7. Which of the following best describes Vasu's presence in the parlor?
(a) Argumentative and intellectual.
(b) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(c) Dominating and loud.
(d) Fun and rambuctious.
8. How does the septuagenarian react when he hears Sastri's information?
(a) He says next Vasu will be pointing guns at children.
(b) He blames Nataraj for covering for the offender.
(c) He aks to go see Vasu himself.
(d) All of the above.
9. Why does Nataraj feel silly in Mempi?
(a) Everyone else there was a hunter.
(b) He knew nothing about tigers.
(c) Vasu kept telling everyone what an excellent landlord he was.
(d) He hadn't planned on being gone, so he had no buttons for his shirt and no money to buy food.
10. How does Nataraj feel about having the taxidermy business upstairs?
(a) None of the above.
(b) It horrifies him.
(c) He thinks it is sort of neat but dislikes the smell.
(d) He wishes he could create such life like creations.
11. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
(a) Vasu has strong likes and dislikes and knows exactly what he wants.
(b) Vasu asks Nataraj to choose for him.
(c) Vasu chooses the cheapest of everthing.
(d) Vasu chooses the most expensive of everything.
12. How does Nataraj feel about people coming through the blue curtain into the back of the press?
(a) Only people on business are allowed past the curtain into the back.
(b) The curtain is often left open for conversation and light to pass.
(c) Nataraj hates the curtain but Sastri insists on keeping it up for privacy.
(d) The curtain is a barrier between two worlds and people are not invited to pass.
13. What person does Vasu bring into Nataraj's parlor?
(a) His fiancee.
(b) An animal trainer.
(c) The prime minister.
(d) A forestry official.
14. Why was the printing job Nataraj was working on when Vasu takes him away urgent?
(a) The wedding was in two weeks.
(b) It was for a very influential person.
(c) The order was already late.
(d) The daily edition had to be printed early in the day.
15. Nataraj denies that Vasu is a tenant, but claims he is what?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A demon.
(c) An invader.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Star?
2. What was lost when Nataraj's grandmother passed away?
3. Does Nataraj have a family of his own?
4. How does Nataraj return to Malgudi from Mempi?
5. Who comes and wants to ask Nataraj questions about Vasu?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)