|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj suddenly fear when Vasu carelessly answers his request for money?
(a) That he wouln't make it home in time for his appointment.
(b) That maybe Vasu was abducting him for ransom.
(c) That he would starve to death.
(d) That Vasu had forgotten that they were friends.
2. Which of the following best describes the kind of man that Nataraj is?
(a) Ambitious and driven.
(b) Frivolous and vain.
(c) Emotional and easy to manipulate.
(d) Content, kind, and hard working.
3. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
(a) Nataraj is against the idea.
(b) Nataraj is ecstatic about his friend having a reason to be there more often.
(c) Nataraj never answers but Vasu moves in anyway.
(d) Nataraj debates carefully and decided the extra income would be beneficial.
4. What does Nataraj do early every morning?
(a) Bathe and wash his clothes in the river.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Collect news stories for the paper.
(d) Visit the elephant.
5. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
(a) Vasu asks Nataraj to choose for him.
(b) Vasu chooses the most expensive of everything.
(c) Vasu chooses the cheapest of everthing.
(d) Vasu has strong likes and dislikes and knows exactly what he wants.
6. What does Nataraj have stashed away up in his attic that he wishes to be rid of?
(a) Old newspapers, magazines and other waste paper.
(b) Scorpions and snakes.
(c) Several animals stuffed by a taxidermist.
(d) All of the above.
7. What does Vasu want printed?
(a) Fliers about a festival.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Advertisements for his business services.
(d) Business cards and letterhead.
8. Which of the following does Vasu accuse Nataraj of?
(a) Setting the forestry officer on him.
(b) Turning the neighbors against him.
(c) Pretending to be his friend when he was not.
(d) Stealing some of his merchandise.
9. How does Sastri change the conversation with the septuagenarian?
(a) Sastri knows more of the story and shares his insight.
(b) Sastri demands action.
(c) Sastri tells the old man to leave the building.
(d) Sastri mentions Vasu as the possible offender.
10. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
(a) Take Babu hostage for ransom.
(b) Shoot more sacred animals just to make Nataraj angry.
(c) Bring live animals back to the attic.
(d) Legally take the attic from him.
11. What does Nataraj tell Vasu's friend about the printing job?
(a) To make careful final revisions and then bring it back.
(b) That he needs to be paid up front.
(c) That there is a long waiting period to get things printed.
(d) That it will be expensive to print.
12. In the beginning of chapter two, what are Nataraj and Sastri printing?
(a) Invitations to a festival.
(b) Colour labels for K.J.'s aerated drinks.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) Business cards for a taxidermist.
13. What did Vasu hear about when they reached Mempi?
(a) There had been a tiger prowling through town the previous night.
(b) The forestry service was taking the week off.
(c) Several poachers had been shot and killed.
(d) There was a wild elephant nearby in the jungle.
14. What does Nataraj say he should have done if he cared for a peaceful existence?
(a) Close his parlour.
(b) Reject Vasu on the first day.
(c) Run the printing press by himself.
(d) Negotiate with his family.
15. Why was Nataraj a little disappointed that Vasu was not drunk during the jeep ride to Mempi?
(a) He was hoping that Vasu would fall asleep in Mempi.
(b) It was worse that Vasu would conduct himself the way he did dead sober.
(c) He was hoping to stop at a bar for a drink himself.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj admire about Vasu even when they are no longer friends?
2. Which of the following is a phrase used to describe Vasu?
3. What are the dynamics between Vasu and the poet?
4. What action does Vasu take regarding where he lives?
5. How does Vasu explain the stuffed hyena?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)