|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj promise the sanitary inspector from the health department?
(a) That he had no power to solve the situation.
(b) That he would move the tanning business.
(c) That he was not the party to blame.
(d) That his neighbors had made up their accusations.
2. Why does the adjournment lawyer owe Nataraj?
(a) He is Nataraj's tenent.
(b) He has not yet paid for the wedding invitations.
(c) Nataraj lent him money.
(d) None of the above.
3. What was the general atmosphere of the community for days after Vasu's death?
(a) Blame and anger.
(b) Suspicion and theorizing.
(c) Relief and subdued celebration.
(d) Fear and mourning.
4. What misunderstanding occurs between Vasu and Nataraj?
(a) Vasu returns expecting his cards to be done, but he still needs to choose type and stationary.
(b) Nataraj printed the wrong information on the cards.
(c) Vasu expects the cards to be delivered and Nataraj waits for him to pick them up.
(d) Vasu thinks the cards are a fraction of their real price.
5. Who gives Nataraj cold looks when he runs into them on the street?
(a) The owners of the Star.
(b) The girl he spurned at the market.
(c) The politicians.
(d) His extended family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Vasu give Nataraj about whether he found a house to live in?
2. What interaction does Vasu have with a woman and her daughter on the roadside?
3. What does Sen like to discuss?
4. What does Nataraj unwittingly do in the crowd at the celebration?
5. How does Sastri change the conversation with the septuagenarian?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)