|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasu want Nataraj to do for him?
(a) Do a favor for the forestry officer.
(b) Fix the attic.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Print a book he is writing on the preservation of wildlife.
2. What does the tea-shop man carefully tend in Mempi?
(a) A tame tiger kept in a kennel.
(b) His tea plantation.
(c) The animal population in the forest.
(d) The shrine of the goddess protecting drivers.
3. What does Nataraj have stashed away up in his attic that he wishes to be rid of?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Old newspapers, magazines and other waste paper.
(c) Several animals stuffed by a taxidermist.
(d) Scorpions and snakes.
4. In chapter one, what part of the life Nataraj lives do we see?
(a) We see the relationships Nataraj has with other people.
(b) We see what Nataraj's life is normally like.
(c) We see the history of the house on Kabir Street.
(d) All of the above.
5. What does Sen like to discuss?
(b) The business of the press run by Nataraj.
(c) Epic poetry.
(d) The mistakes of the president, Nehru.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Nataraj cold looks when he runs into them on the street?
2. What does Nataraj admire about Vasu even when they are no longer friends?
3. Where is the village of Mempi?
4. Why does K.J. come to the press?
5. What does the old Moslem tell Nataraj about his paper?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)