|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasu come to talk to Nataraj about?
(a) Vasu wonders how the printing of his book is going.
(b) Vasu wants Nataraj to fix something in the attic.
(c) Vasu wonders if he can use some of the outdoor space of the press for storage.
(d) Vasu wonders why he didn't receive a notice of the celebration.
2. Which of the following does Vasu accuse Nataraj of?
(a) Setting the forestry officer on him.
(b) Turning the neighbors against him.
(c) Pretending to be his friend when he was not.
(d) Stealing some of his merchandise.
3. After the court summons, what is the next thing official thing to arrive for Nataraj in a brown envelope?
(a) A bill from the lawyer for an extravagant amount of money.
(b) The notice of a new date for the court hearing.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A notice of complaints from municipal authority about the sanitation of the tanning business at the press.
4. What does the tea-shop man carefully tend in Mempi?
(a) His tea plantation.
(b) A tame tiger kept in a kennel.
(c) The animal population in the forest.
(d) The shrine of the goddess protecting drivers.
5. How does Nataraj's wife change when Rangi comes to visit?
(a) She finally stands up to Nataraj and forbids Rangi to enter.
(b) She is jealous and starts fawning attention on Nataraj.
(c) She turns cold to Nataraj and stops tending him to go to the celebration.
(d) She realizes the urgency of the situation around Kumar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the police inspector's attempt to disarm Vasu?
2. What advice does Nataraj receive about Vasu?
3. What is Nataraj's reaction to the problem the septuagenarian presents?
4. What makes Vasu change and become soft and agreeable?
5. What is Nataraj's poet friend trying to accomplish?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)