|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the kind of man that Nataraj is?
(a) Ambitious and driven.
(b) Emotional and easy to manipulate.
(c) Content, kind, and hard working.
(d) Frivolous and vain.
2. What problem was encountered printing the poet's manuscript?
(a) They ran out of the letters K and R.
(b) They did not have the special binding to present the work to the temple.
(c) They ran out of black ink and had to use magenta.
(d) They had misplaced the original manuscript.
3. What action does Vasu take regarding where he lives?
(a) He starts looking for a house.
(b) He tries to hide his business so as to not bother anyone.
(c) He threatens Nataraj against trying to evict him.
(d) He files a complaint against Nataraj as a landlord.
4. Who interrupts Vasu and Nataraj's conversation? What is Vasu's reaction?
(a) Babu, Nataraj's son interrupts them, and Vasu brushes him off.
(b) A woman interrupts them, and Vasu falls respectfully silent when she approaches.
(c) Sastri interrupts them, and Vasu yells at him.
(d) The poet interrupts them, and Vasu ignores him.
5. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
(a) Nataraj is ecstatic about his friend having a reason to be there more often.
(b) Nataraj debates carefully and decided the extra income would be beneficial.
(c) Nataraj is against the idea.
(d) Nataraj never answers but Vasu moves in anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the court summons, what is the next thing official thing to arrive for Nataraj in a brown envelope?
2. How does Nataraj gain leverage in negotiations with the old moslem?
3. What is the first action of Vasu in The Man-eater of Malgudi?
4. Why was Nataraj a little disappointed that Vasu was not drunk during the jeep ride to Mempi?
5. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)