|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasu do in the village of Mempi?
(a) Defend the village homes from the prowling tiger.
(b) Buy Nataraj a whole feast.
(c) Jump into his jeep and head into the jungle, leaving Nataraj stranded.
(d) Summon the elephant with a great horn.
2. Which of the following best describes the kind of man that Nataraj is?
(a) Frivolous and vain.
(b) Ambitious and driven.
(c) Emotional and easy to manipulate.
(d) Content, kind, and hard working.
3. Why must Nataraj stay hidden behind his blue curtain while the court is in session?
(a) Because the laywer has filed a petition to delay his summons saying he is out of town.
(b) So that Vasu will not know he is there.
(c) So Sastri can screen his visitors.
(d) So no one will interrupt his work.
4. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
(a) Legally take the attic from him.
(b) Bring live animals back to the attic.
(c) Shoot more sacred animals just to make Nataraj angry.
(d) Take Babu hostage for ransom.
5. What does Vasu offer Nataraj when he hears of the celebration, and what is Nataraj's reaction?
(a) Vasu offers Nataraj friendship and Nataraj willingly embraces it.
(b) Vasu offers ten rupees and Nataraj says he wants a hundred.
(c) Vasu offers Nataraj a stuffed animal for his parlour and Nataraj agrees.
(d) Vasu offers to move out of the attic and Nataraj tells him he doesn't have to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vasu do for a living?
2. What is Nataraj's poet friend trying to accomplish?
3. Nataraj denies that Vasu is a tenant, but claims he is what?
4. Who currently lives in the house on Kabir Street?
5. How does Nataraj gain leverage in negotiations with the old moslem?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)