|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is a second cousin.
(b) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
(c) He is the police inspector from the bus.
(d) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
2. Why was Nataraj a little disappointed that Vasu was not drunk during the jeep ride to Mempi?
(a) It was worse that Vasu would conduct himself the way he did dead sober.
(b) He was hoping that Vasu would fall asleep in Mempi.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He was hoping to stop at a bar for a drink himself.
3. What makes Vasu change and become soft and agreeable?
(a) The presence of an official.
(b) The presence of women.
(c) When everyone compliments him.
(d) When Nataraj threatens to evict him.
4. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
(a) They ask for donations.
(b) Nataraj charges extra on all printing jobs.
(c) They sell copies of the book.
(d) They charge Vasu rent.
5. What happened during the time Nataraj was studying at the Albert Mission?
(a) He had many dreams about an elephant.
(b) His grandfather passed away and his father inherited the ancestral home.
(c) He was betrothed by his family to a girl he refused to marry.
(d) The Star needed a new apprentice and offered him the position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Nataraj cold looks when he runs into them on the street?
2. Why was the printing job Nataraj was working on when Vasu takes him away urgent?
3. What does Vasu do in the village of Mempi?
4. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Nataraj and Sastri?
5. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)