|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nataraj gain leverage in negotiations with the old moslem?
(a) He denies the faults of the paper.
(b) He explains how many employees he has to pay.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He pulls Vasu into the transaction as someone he is answerable to.
2. What does Nataraj offer Muthu right away when he recognizes him?
(a) To live in his house.
(b) To pay for the tea and buns he ate in Mempi.
(c) To answer his questions about Vasu.
(d) To send money.
3. Where does Nataraj know the unexpected visitor from in the beginning of chapter seven?
(a) He is a second cousin.
(b) He is the adjournment lawyer's assistant.
(c) He is the tea-shop man from Mempi.
(d) He is the police inspector from the bus.
4. How do Nataraj and Sastri raise money for the celebration?
(a) They ask for donations.
(b) They sell copies of the book.
(c) They charge Vasu rent.
(d) Nataraj charges extra on all printing jobs.
5. How does Nataraj feel about people coming through the blue curtain into the back of the press?
(a) Only people on business are allowed past the curtain into the back.
(b) Nataraj hates the curtain but Sastri insists on keeping it up for privacy.
(c) The curtain is a barrier between two worlds and people are not invited to pass.
(d) The curtain is often left open for conversation and light to pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Muthu comes to the press, what does he ask Nataraj for help with?
2. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
3. Is Vasu Nataraj's tenant?
4. What person does Vasu bring into Nataraj's parlor?
5. What does Vasu receive from the forestry department?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)