|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nataraj feel about having the taxidermy business upstairs?
(a) It horrifies him.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He thinks it is sort of neat but dislikes the smell.
(d) He wishes he could create such life like creations.
2. What profession did Vasu engage in earlier in life?
(a) He was a monk in an isolated monastery.
(b) He was a large game safari hunter that protected travelers as they crossed wilderness.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He was a strong man that performed at markets and fairs crushing granite and bending iron.
3. What makes Vasu change and become soft and agreeable?
(a) When everyone compliments him.
(b) The presence of an official.
(c) The presence of women.
(d) When Nataraj threatens to evict him.
4. Does Nataraj have a family of his own?
(a) Yes, his four sons have recently married.
(b) No, he was raised an orphan and never married.
(c) No, his closest family is a brother that lives nearby.
(d) Yes, he has a wife and a son.
5. How does Nataraj return to Malgudi from Mempi?
(a) An eight hour bus ride on credit.
(b) Vasu drives him back.
(c) By taxi.
(d) The tea-shop man gets him a ride with a relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following most accurately portrays the conversations between Nataraj and Vasu as of chapter two?
2. What had lived before in the house on Kabir street?
3. How is Vasu at keeping his appointment?
4. What person does Vasu bring into Nataraj's parlor?
5. Who does Nataraj consult to help decide what to do about Vasu?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)