|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people work with Nataraj at his press?
(a) A foreman, an office boy, a compositor, a binder and an accountant.
(b) Nataraj worked with his whole family at the press.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Just one, an old man called Sastri.
2. What does Vasu receive from the forestry department?
(a) A book of forestry rules.
(b) A big game hunting license.
(c) A warning about trespassing into the forest.
(d) A permit to go into forest and shoot duck and deer.
3. How much room does Nataraj need for his printing press?
(a) A shop downtown with three rooms.
(b) The back room of the place he owns.
(c) He can just squeeze everything into the place he has.
(d) He uses the back wall of his home where he can line up the machines.
4. What happened during the time Nataraj was studying at the Albert Mission?
(a) The Star needed a new apprentice and offered him the position.
(b) His grandfather passed away and his father inherited the ancestral home.
(c) He was betrothed by his family to a girl he refused to marry.
(d) He had many dreams about an elephant.
5. How is Vasu at keeping his appointment?
(a) He keeps his engagements.
(b) He arrives early.
(c) He demands an appointment immediately the first time he wanders in.
(d) He misses the time agreed on for him to return, but shows up fifteen days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Vasu change and become soft and agreeable?
2. What does Nataraj do early every morning?
3. Which of the following most accurately portrays the conversations between Nataraj and Vasu as of chapter two?
4. How does Nataraj control the situation in his parlor?
5. Why does Nataraj tell Vasu he must return another day to make decisions about his printing job?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)