|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
(a) Vasu asks Nataraj to choose for him.
(b) Vasu chooses the most expensive of everything.
(c) Vasu has strong likes and dislikes and knows exactly what he wants.
(d) Vasu chooses the cheapest of everthing.
2. Which of the following best describes a philosophy practiced by Vasu?
(a) As civilized beings, it is up to us to prove our superiority to nature.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Might is right.
(d) Hard work pays off.
3. What does Vasu do for a living?
(a) Vasu is a taxidermist.
(b) Vasu is a hunter.
(c) Vasu is out of work.
(d) Vasu is police officer.
4. What misunderstanding occurs between Vasu and Nataraj?
(a) Vasu expects the cards to be delivered and Nataraj waits for him to pick them up.
(b) Vasu returns expecting his cards to be done, but he still needs to choose type and stationary.
(c) Nataraj printed the wrong information on the cards.
(d) Vasu thinks the cards are a fraction of their real price.
5. What does Vasu say when Sen criticizes Nehru?
(a) Vasu tells Sen that if he is wiser than Nehru he should go try to be prime minister.
(b) Vasu tells Sen that Vasu himself could do a better job being prime minister.
(c) Vasu agrees wholeheartedly with Sen's criticism.
(d) Vasu tells Sen that Nehru always does the right thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sen and the poet react when Vasu comes into the parlor?
2. In the beginning of chapter two, what are Nataraj and Sastri printing?
3. What does Nataraj tell Vasu's friend about the printing job?
4. What is the state of the citrus tree behind the house on Kabir Street?
5. What does Sen like to discuss?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)