|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person does Vasu bring into Nataraj's parlor?
(a) A forestry official.
(b) An animal trainer.
(c) The prime minister.
(d) His fiancee.
2. What happened during the time Nataraj was studying at the Albert Mission?
(a) He had many dreams about an elephant.
(b) The Star needed a new apprentice and offered him the position.
(c) His grandfather passed away and his father inherited the ancestral home.
(d) He was betrothed by his family to a girl he refused to marry.
3. What does Vasu say when Sen criticizes Nehru?
(a) Vasu agrees wholeheartedly with Sen's criticism.
(b) Vasu tells Sen that if he is wiser than Nehru he should go try to be prime minister.
(c) Vasu tells Sen that Nehru always does the right thing.
(d) Vasu tells Sen that Vasu himself could do a better job being prime minister.
4. How much room does Nataraj need for his printing press?
(a) He can just squeeze everything into the place he has.
(b) The back room of the place he owns.
(c) He uses the back wall of his home where he can line up the machines.
(d) A shop downtown with three rooms.
5. What had lived before in the house on Kabir street?
(a) A wealthy family that wanted Nataraj to marry their daughter.
(b) Nataraj's extended family, consisting of four uncles and their families.
(c) The owner of the Star.
(d) A taxidermist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
2. What does Nataraj answer when Vasu asks him how many people he employs in his press?
3. Which of the following best describes Vasu?
4. Why does Nataraj tell Vasu he must return another day to make decisions about his printing job?
5. In chapter one, what part of the life Nataraj lives do we see?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)