|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the poet, Sastri, and Nataraj spend the night prior to the parade?
(a) Finding ways to save Kumar.
(b) Printing labels for fruit juice.
(c) Printing a copy of the poet's book.
(d) Collecting money.
2. What does Nataraj have stashed away up in his attic that he wishes to be rid of?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Several animals stuffed by a taxidermist.
(c) Scorpions and snakes.
(d) Old newspapers, magazines and other waste paper.
3. What is the debate at Mempi regarding Kumar?
(a) The debate is over how much money the temple can spend on Kumar.
(b) The debate is whether to make Kumar walk, sick as he is, to the doctor.
(c) The debate is over what to do about Vasu.
(d) The debate is about whether or not they can trust Nataraj.
4. What does Nataraj say he should have done if he cared for a peaceful existence?
(a) Negotiate with his family.
(b) Reject Vasu on the first day.
(c) Run the printing press by himself.
(d) Close his parlour.
5. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The book contained most of the sentiments Vasu missed in life.
(c) The rules were clearly being printed for Vasu's benefit.
(d) The festival would be poorly attended.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
2. What does the old Moslem tell Nataraj about his paper?
3. What does Vasu want printed?
4. How does Nataraj return to Malgudi from Mempi?
5. What does Nataraj worry Vasu will do?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)