|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the effect of the police inspector on Vasu?
2. Who comes to visit Nataraj at home while he is resting?
(b) Sen and the poet.
(c) Muthu, Sen, and Rangi.
(d) Muthu, Sen, the poet, Dr Joshi, and Rangi.
3. Where is the village of Mempi?
(a) At the foot of a great mountain range.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A three hour jeep ride from Malgudi.
(d) At the edge of the jungle.
4. What does Nataraj admire about Vasu even when they are no longer friends?
(a) His work ethic and success as a taxidermist.
(b) His independence.
(c) His confidence in the face of danger.
(d) His strength of character and ability to pursue his own will.
5. What action does Nataraj take regarding Vasu?
(a) He summons the police to evict him.
(b) He decides make Vasu's life difficult and hope he leaves.
(c) He pins a note on his door asking him to come talk to him, then tells him he needs the room.
(d) He confronts Vasu and tells him he must leave in a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the adjournment lawyer had a hard time financially?
2. How did Kumar come to Mempi?
3. How does Nataraj feel about having the taxidermy business upstairs?
4. What does Nataraj call Vasu?
5. Which of the following best describes the kind of man that Nataraj is?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)