|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Nataraj and Sastri?
(a) Sometimes Nataraj feels like the employee instead of the employer.
(b) Nataraj rules the press with an iron fist and drives Sastri hard.
(c) Sastri and Nataraj share all tasks equally.
(d) Sastri almost lives at the press because he has no family.
2. Why must Nataraj stay hidden behind his blue curtain while the court is in session?
(a) So Sastri can screen his visitors.
(b) So no one will interrupt his work.
(c) Because the laywer has filed a petition to delay his summons saying he is out of town.
(d) So that Vasu will not know he is there.
3. Why has the adjournment lawyer had a hard time financially?
(a) He is negligent about handling money.
(b) Few people seek legal council.
(c) Since his daughters wedding he has had to give many gifts to his in-laws.
(d) The people he helps can't pay their bills.
4. What does Nataraj unwittingly do in the crowd at the celebration?
(a) Warn the police inspector about Vasu.
(b) Yell for Vishnu to save Kumar loud enough that everyone hears it.
(c) Communicate in public with Rangi.
(d) Scare Kumar.
5. What does Vasu bring back to the building with him all the time after he starts going to the forest?
(a) Big game hunters.
(b) Friends to discuss tiger hunting.
(c) Animals he has shot.
(d) People to look at and make offers on the stuffed tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What move was taken to preserve peace between the five brothers and their families?
2. How does Nataraj control the situation in his parlor?
3. What does Nataraj admire about Vasu even when they are no longer friends?
4. What is the first action of Vasu in The Man-eater of Malgudi?
5. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)