|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasu say when Sen criticizes Nehru?
(a) Vasu tells Sen that Vasu himself could do a better job being prime minister.
(b) Vasu agrees wholeheartedly with Sen's criticism.
(c) Vasu tells Sen that if he is wiser than Nehru he should go try to be prime minister.
(d) Vasu tells Sen that Nehru always does the right thing.
2. How does Nataraj control the situation in his parlor?
(a) He sends Vasu out on frequent errands.
(b) He defends Sen and the poet all the time.
(c) He removes the Queen Anne chair.
(d) He doesn't, he lets it unfold as it will.
3. What does Vasu do in the village of Mempi?
(a) Jump into his jeep and head into the jungle, leaving Nataraj stranded.
(b) Summon the elephant with a great horn.
(c) Buy Nataraj a whole feast.
(d) Defend the village homes from the prowling tiger.
4. In chapter one, what part of the life Nataraj lives do we see?
(a) We see the relationships Nataraj has with other people.
(b) All of the above.
(c) We see what Nataraj's life is normally like.
(d) We see the history of the house on Kabir Street.
5. What move was taken to preserve peace between the five brothers and their families?
(a) The brothers were sent in different directions to learn careers.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Nataraj's grandfother split the family up and emptied the house.
(d) A printing press was started to make them work together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the kind of man that Nataraj is?
2. In the beginning of chapter two, what are Nataraj and Sastri printing?
3. How much room does Nataraj need for his printing press?
4. What was lost when Nataraj's grandmother passed away?
5. Who gives Nataraj cold looks when he runs into them on the street?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)