|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kumar?
(a) The temple elephant.
(b) An elephant trainer of great repute.
(c) A wild elephant that has been seen around town.
(d) The mayor of Mempi.
2. What does Vasu bring with him when he returns from Mempi?
(a) The tea-shop man.
(b) Invitations to a procession with an elephant.
(c) The printing order from the tea-shop man.
(d) The head of a tiger.
3. What does the old Moslem tell Nataraj about his paper?
(a) He does not want it.
(b) He should store it differently.
(c) It is the best in the neighborhood.
(d) It is too old and completely brown.
4. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
(a) The festival would be poorly attended.
(b) The book contained most of the sentiments Vasu missed in life.
(c) The rules were clearly being printed for Vasu's benefit.
(d) None of the above.
5. How does Nataraj gain leverage in negotiations with the old moslem?
(a) He denies the faults of the paper.
(b) He pulls Vasu into the transaction as someone he is answerable to.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He explains how many employees he has to pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vasu choose the details of the printing job he wants done?
2. How does the septuagenarian react when he hears Sastri's information?
3. What does Nataraj call Vasu?
4. How long does Vasu say the jeep ride he takes Nataraj on will take?
5. What is the relationship between Nataraj and Vasu like for a couple weeks after the court summons?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)