|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
(a) He has paid her in advance for her services for an entire year.
(b) He is going to take her away to Bombay where she will cook for him.
(c) They have no future plans and she will no longer come to him.
(d) Vasu has proposed marriage to her.
2. What new problem brought on by Vasu bothers Sastri at the press?
(a) A stuffed hyena at the bottom of the stairs.
(b) Vasu driving away Sen and the poet.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The sound of Vasu's heavy boots pacing back and forth.
3. What is Nataraj's idea to keep Kumar safe?
(d) To take Vasu with him into the crowds where it will be hard for him shoot Kumar.
4. What is Nataraj's reaction to the problem the septuagenarian presents?
(a) Nataraj tells him that it's not his problem.
(b) Nataraj wishes he would just go away.
(c) Nataraj vows to help him.
(d) Nataraj is deeply moved by the old man's plight.
5. Which of the following does Vasu accuse Nataraj of?
(a) Turning the neighbors against him.
(b) Stealing some of his merchandise.
(c) Pretending to be his friend when he was not.
(d) Setting the forestry officer on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Nataraj experience while actually printing the book for the poet?
2. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
3. What does the old Moslem tell Nataraj about his paper?
4. After the court summons, what is the next thing official thing to arrive for Nataraj in a brown envelope?
5. How does Nataraj gain leverage in negotiations with the old moslem?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)