|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nataraj say about Vasu's proposal in the attic?
(a) Nataraj is ecstatic about his friend having a reason to be there more often.
(b) Nataraj debates carefully and decided the extra income would be beneficial.
(c) Nataraj never answers but Vasu moves in anyway.
(d) Nataraj is against the idea.
2. What is Nataraj's reaction to the problem the septuagenarian presents?
(a) Nataraj tells him that it's not his problem.
(b) Nataraj is deeply moved by the old man's plight.
(c) Nataraj vows to help him.
(d) Nataraj wishes he would just go away.
3. What person does Vasu bring into Nataraj's parlor?
(a) The prime minister.
(b) His fiancee.
(c) A forestry official.
(d) An animal trainer.
4. How does Nataraj control the situation in his parlor?
(a) He removes the Queen Anne chair.
(b) He sends Vasu out on frequent errands.
(c) He defends Sen and the poet all the time.
(d) He doesn't, he lets it unfold as it will.
5. What does Vasu ask of Nataraj in the attic?
(a) Vasu asks Nataraj to store his professional equipment.
(b) Vasu asks Nataraj to share the fee collected from the old moslem.
(c) Vasu asks Nataraj if he can live in the attic.
(d) Vasu asks Nataraj to think of him as family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nataraj first credit the tapping on the grill he hears to?
2. How does Vasu explain the stuffed hyena?
3. What does Nataraj think about Vasu's friend's printing job?
4. How does Nataraj gain leverage in negotiations with the old moslem?
5. What does Rangi tell Nataraj about her future with Vasu?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)