|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
2. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
3. What happens to Nestor because of this?
4. What is Cesar's intention?
5. Who does Cesar marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cesar and his daughter spend their short time together?
2. How is Fernando Perez able to help Cesar?
3. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
4. What happens to Cesar's club?
5. What does Eugenio imagine?
6. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
7. How is Cesar found at the Hotel Splendour?
8. Does Cesar play anymore? If so, where?
9. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
10. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mambo Kings are a very popular band in the 1950s.
Part 1) Who are the Mambo Kings? How do they end up in the United States?
Part 2) How do they become popular?
Part 3) How do the Mambo Kings handle their fame and fortune?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia.
Part 1) Who is Lydia?
Part 2) What are Cesar's ailments?
Part 3) How do his ailments affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar and Nestor leave Cuba, in part, because of their father.
Part 1) Describe their father.
Part 2) When Cesar sees his father in Cuba, has his father changed? Explain.
Part 3) How does their father's personality and behavior affect Cesar and Nestor?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)