|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is there no hope for Nestor and Maria?
2. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
3. How is Cesar known, first in Julian's band?
4. What is Cesar's intention?
5. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cesar marry Luisa?
2. Describe Delores.
3. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
4. What does Cesar do in his travels with the Merchant Marines?
5. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
6. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
7. About what does Cesar dream?
8. Describe Cesar's father.
9. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
10. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia.
Part 1) Who is Lydia?
Part 2) What are Cesar's ailments?
Part 3) How do his ailments affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout his life, Cesar indulges in women and alcohol.
Part 1) Give an example of each.
Part 2) Why is he promiscuous?
Part 3) How do these indulgences affect his relationships with others?
Essay Topic 3
Both Cesar and Nestor suffer from depression.
Part 1) What are the causes of their depression?
Part 2) Why do they not seek help?
Part 3) How do each of the brothers deal with their depression?
This section contains 1,606 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)