|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
2. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
3. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
4. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
5. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
2. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
3. What happens between Eugenio and his father?
4. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
5. How does Cesar spend the waning days of his life?
6. Why does Cesar want to drink himself to death?
7. Describe the popularity of the Mambo Kings by 1954.
8. What happens that causes Cesar to become angry with Lydia?
9. What does Eugenio imagine?
10. How does Delores feel about Lydia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mambo Kings grow close to Desi Arnaz.
Part 1) Who is Desi Arnaz?
Part 2) How do they meet Arnaz?
Part 3) What affect does their relationship with Arnaz have on their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Both Cesar and Nestor suffer from depression.
Part 1) What are the causes of their depression?
Part 2) Why do they not seek help?
Part 3) How do each of the brothers deal with their depression?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia.
Part 1) Who is Lydia?
Part 2) What are Cesar's ailments?
Part 3) How do his ailments affect their relationship?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)