|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is Cesar plagued?
2. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
3. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
4. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
5. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
2. What does the doctor say is happening to Cesar?
3. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
4. How is Cesar found at the Hotel Splendour?
5. Where are Cesar's other brothers by 1967?
6. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
7. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
8. Describe Cesar's father.
9. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
10. Why does Cesar marry Luisa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cesar drinks himself to death.
Part 1) Why does Cesar drink excessively?
Part 2) What effect does the alcohol have on his body and his relationships?
Part 3) Why does he not stop drinking?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar is a very generous man.
Part 1) How is he generous?
Part 2) Why is he generous?
Part 3) What affect does his generosity have on him later in life?
Essay Topic 3
Nestor is killed at the age of thirty.
Part 1) How is he killed?
Part 2) Is it an accident or a suicide? Use information from the text to support your answer.
Part 3) How does his death affect those that are close to him?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)