Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
4. Why does he stray from her?
5. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
2. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
3. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
4. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
5. How does Cesar end up in his neighbor's room?
6. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
7. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
8. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
9. What is taking place with the hearts?
10. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
Nestor and Cesar's cousin, Pedro, warns them that the only way to happiness is through family.
Part 1) Why does he give them this warning?
Part 2) Do they heed this warning? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this warning affect Cesar later in life?
The hearts represent both Cesar and Nestor.
Part 1) Describe the scene with the hearts.
Part 2) What do the hearts mean, regarding Cesar and Nestor?
Part 3) How does this realization about the hearts affect Eugenio? Are the hearts an effective use of imagery? Why or why not?
Both Cesar and Nestor suffer from depression.
Part 1) What are the causes of their depression?
Part 2) Why do they not seek help?
Part 3) How do each of the brothers deal with their depression?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)