|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
4. Why does he stray from her?
5. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
2. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
3. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
4. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
5. How does Cesar end up in his neighbor's room?
6. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
7. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
8. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
9. What is taking place with the hearts?
10. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
Essay Topic 1
Maria is Nestor's lost love.
Part 1) How does he lose her?
Part 2) What does he do to remember and honor her?
Part 3) How does he try to forget her? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar is a very generous man.
Part 1) How is he generous?
Part 2) Why is he generous?
Part 3) What affect does his generosity have on him later in life?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia.
Part 1) Who is Lydia?
Part 2) What are Cesar's ailments?
Part 3) How do his ailments affect their relationship?
This section contains 1,661 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)