|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nestor because of this?
2. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
3. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
4. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
5. How does Cesar feel about his celebrity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cesar not ask for help with his depression?
2. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
3. How do the Castillo brother handle the fame and fortune acquired from being on the "I Love Lucy" show?
4. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
5. What does Cesar do in his travels with the Merchant Marines?
6. How does Delores feel about Lydia?
7. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
8. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
9. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
10. How does the novel end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although he loves Maria, Nestor marries Delores.
Part 1) Describe Delores.
Part 2) Why does Nestor marry Delores?
Part 3) Do they have a happy marriage? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia.
Part 1) Who is Lydia?
Part 2) What are Cesar's ailments?
Part 3) How do his ailments affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Maria is Nestor's lost love.
Part 1) How does he lose her?
Part 2) What does he do to remember and honor her?
Part 3) How does he try to forget her? Is he successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)