|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
2. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
3. What grants Cesar and Nestor instant fame?
4. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
5. How does Nestor act in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugenio feel after having a conversation with Desi Arnaz?
2. What do the Castillo brothers have in common with Desi Arnaz?
3. How is Cesar found at the Hotel Splendour?
4. How is Cesar in his old age?
5. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
6. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
7. What happens between Eugenio and his father?
8. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
9. What is it that Cesar likes about Lydia?
10. How is Eugenio able to please Arnaz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The hearts represent both Cesar and Nestor.
Part 1) Describe the scene with the hearts.
Part 2) What do the hearts mean, regarding Cesar and Nestor?
Part 3) How does this realization about the hearts affect Eugenio? Are the hearts an effective use of imagery? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar takes a vacation to Cuba.
Part 1) Why does he go to Cuba?
Part 2) Who does he see in Cuba?
Part 3) What affect does this trip have on him?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar drinks himself to death.
Part 1) Why does Cesar drink excessively?
Part 2) What effect does the alcohol have on his body and his relationships?
Part 3) Why does he not stop drinking?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)