|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
2. What happens to the DeSoto?
3. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
4. How is their performance?
5. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
2. How do the Castillo brother handle the fame and fortune acquired from being on the "I Love Lucy" show?
3. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
4. How is Nestor killed?
5. Describe Delores.
6. How does Eugenio feel after having a conversation with Desi Arnaz?
7. How does Cesar help young Cuban musicians?
8. What happens between Eugenio and his father?
9. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
10. What does the doctor say is happening to Cesar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nestor and Cesar's cousin, Pedro, warns them that the only way to happiness is through family.
Part 1) Why does he give them this warning?
Part 2) Do they heed this warning? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this warning affect Cesar later in life?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar takes a vacation to Cuba.
Part 1) Why does he go to Cuba?
Part 2) Who does he see in Cuba?
Part 3) What affect does this trip have on him?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar drinks himself to death.
Part 1) Why does Cesar drink excessively?
Part 2) What effect does the alcohol have on his body and his relationships?
Part 3) Why does he not stop drinking?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)