|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is Cesar plagued?
2. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
3. Who is waiting for the same bus as Nestor?
4. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
5. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nestor killed?
2. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
3. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
4. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
5. What happens to Cesar's club?
6. Why does Cesar marry Luisa?
7. How to the Castillo brothers handle their popularity?
8. What do the Castillo brothers have in common with Desi Arnaz?
9. Does Cesar play anymore? If so, where?
10. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mambo Kings grow close to Desi Arnaz.
Part 1) Who is Desi Arnaz?
Part 2) How do they meet Arnaz?
Part 3) What affect does their relationship with Arnaz have on their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar takes a vacation to Cuba.
Part 1) Why does he go to Cuba?
Part 2) Who does he see in Cuba?
Part 3) What affect does this trip have on him?
Essay Topic 3
Nestor is killed at the age of thirty.
Part 1) How is he killed?
Part 2) Is it an accident or a suicide? Use information from the text to support your answer.
Part 3) How does his death affect those that are close to him?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)