|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is their performance?
2. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
3. Why does Cesar's wife finally leave him?
4. What is Cesar's intention?
5. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Celia want from Cesar? Is she successful?
2. How is Cesar in his old age?
3. What is it that Cesar likes about Lydia?
4. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
5. Where are Cesar's other brothers by 1967?
6. How is Eugenio able to please Arnaz?
7. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
8. How does Cesar handle Nestor's death?
9. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
10. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cesar and Nestor leave Cuba, in part, because of their father.
Part 1) Describe their father.
Part 2) When Cesar sees his father in Cuba, has his father changed? Explain.
Part 3) How does their father's personality and behavior affect Cesar and Nestor?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar drinks himself to death.
Part 1) Why does Cesar drink excessively?
Part 2) What effect does the alcohol have on his body and his relationships?
Part 3) Why does he not stop drinking?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar takes a vacation to Cuba.
Part 1) Why does he go to Cuba?
Part 2) Who does he see in Cuba?
Part 3) What affect does this trip have on him?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)