|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
2. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
3. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
4. What is the most important aspect of being in Julian's band, according to Cesar?
5. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar feel about his daughter in Havana?
2. What is it that Cesar likes about Lydia?
3. How does Cesar end up in his neighbor's room?
4. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
5. Describe Cesar's father.
6. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
7. How do the Castillo brother handle the fame and fortune acquired from being on the "I Love Lucy" show?
8. What does Eugenio imagine?
9. How does Delores feel about Lydia?
10. What does the doctor say is happening to Cesar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cesar's daughter, Meriela, does not leave Cuba.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) How does Cesar feel about her not wanting to leave?
Part 3) How is her life in Cuba different from many other Cubans? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia.
Part 1) Who is Lydia?
Part 2) What are Cesar's ailments?
Part 3) How do his ailments affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his life, Cesar indulges in women and alcohol.
Part 1) Give an example of each.
Part 2) Why is he promiscuous?
Part 3) How do these indulgences affect his relationships with others?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)