|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
2. Who is waiting for the same bus as Nestor?
3. To where does Maria move?
4. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
5. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
2. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
3. How is Cesar found at the Hotel Splendour?
4. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
5. Describe Cesar's father.
6. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
7. How is Fernando Perez able to help Cesar?
8. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
9. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
10. Describe The Castillo brothers' arrival in New York City in 1949.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Cesar and Nestor suffer from depression.
Part 1) What are the causes of their depression?
Part 2) Why do they not seek help?
Part 3) How do each of the brothers deal with their depression?
Essay Topic 2
The Mambo Kings grow close to Desi Arnaz.
Part 1) Who is Desi Arnaz?
Part 2) How do they meet Arnaz?
Part 3) What affect does their relationship with Arnaz have on their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar takes a vacation to Cuba.
Part 1) Why does he go to Cuba?
Part 2) Who does he see in Cuba?
Part 3) What affect does this trip have on him?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)