|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
2. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
3. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
4. How does Cesar try to help his brother?
5. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
2. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
3. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
4. Why does Cesar marry Luisa?
5. What happens between Eugenio and his father?
6. About what does Cesar dream?
7. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
8. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
9. How does Cesar handle Nestor's death?
10. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nestor is killed at the age of thirty.
Part 1) How is he killed?
Part 2) Is it an accident or a suicide? Use information from the text to support your answer.
Part 3) How does his death affect those that are close to him?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar is a very generous man.
Part 1) How is he generous?
Part 2) Why is he generous?
Part 3) What affect does his generosity have on him later in life?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar drinks himself to death.
Part 1) Why does Cesar drink excessively?
Part 2) What effect does the alcohol have on his body and his relationships?
Part 3) Why does he not stop drinking?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)