|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
2. By what is Cesar plagued?
3. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
4. Who does Cesar marry?
5. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
Short Essay Questions
1. How to the Castillo brothers handle their popularity?
2. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
3. How is Nestor killed?
4. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
5. How is Cesar in his old age?
6. What is taking place with the hearts?
7. Why does Cesar hire Eugenio?
8. How does Cesar feel about his daughter in Havana?
9. What does Eugenio imagine?
10. Describe Delores.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cesar drinks himself to death.
Part 1) Why does Cesar drink excessively?
Part 2) What effect does the alcohol have on his body and his relationships?
Part 3) Why does he not stop drinking?
Essay Topic 2
Maria is Nestor's lost love.
Part 1) How does he lose her?
Part 2) What does he do to remember and honor her?
Part 3) How does he try to forget her? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar remains in New York City, while his brothers live in Miami.
Part 1) Why does he remain in New York City?
Part 2) What bothers him about his brothers' lives in Miami?
Part 3) What does his reason for remaining in New York City and his feelings about his brothers say about Cesar?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)