Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
4. Why does he stray from her?
5. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
2. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
3. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
4. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
5. How does Cesar end up in his neighbor's room?
6. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
7. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
8. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
9. What is taking place with the hearts?
10. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
Essay Topic 1
Both Cesar and Nestor suffer from depression.
Part 1) What are the causes of their depression?
Part 2) Why do they not seek help?
Part 3) How do each of the brothers deal with their depression?
Essay Topic 2
Cesar and Nestor leave Cuba, in part, because of their father.
Part 1) Describe their father.
Part 2) When Cesar sees his father in Cuba, has his father changed? Explain.
Part 3) How does their father's personality and behavior affect Cesar and Nestor?
Essay Topic 3
Cesar's daughter, Meriela, does not leave Cuba.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) How does Cesar feel about her not wanting to leave?
Part 3) How is her life in Cuba different from many other Cubans? Why?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)