|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(b) He needs the money.
(c) He misses playing.
(d) Music is his therapy.
2. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
(a) Mourns the changes which are now running rampant in Cuba.
(b) He teaches Eugenio how to work with wood.
(c) He is building an altar for the neighborhood church.
(d) He watches television.
3. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) His alcoholic lifestyle.
(b) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
(c) Begging his daughter to move to America.
(d) Thinking about Maria.
4. Who is confined to a wheelchair?
(a) Don Emilio.
(b) Delores Castillo.
(c) Eugenio Castillo.
(d) Cesar Castillo.
5. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) She punches him.
(d) She cheats on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesar continue to do through the night?
2. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
3. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
4. What takes its toll on Cesar?
5. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)