|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
(a) He basks in it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He loves it but misses his family.
(d) He is plagued by depression.
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He buys an icecream stand.
(b) He becomes a maintanence man.
(c) He joins the Merchant Marines.
(d) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her mother, Gabriela.
(b) Her brother, Marco.
(c) Her cousin, Lucas.
(d) Her sister, Ana Maria.
4. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
(a) He forgets about Delores and his children.
(b) He falls in love with another woman.
(c) He writes to Maria.
(d) Diligently sends letters and gifts to his family.
5. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He tries to make a better life for his family.
(b) He earns money to send back to his wife.
(c) He wants to be in America so desperately.
(d) He seeks joy in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nestor act in California?
2. How does Cesar try to help his brother?
3. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
4. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
5. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Celia want from Cesar? Is she successful?
2. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
3. Does Cesar play anymore? If so, where?
4. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
5. What do the Castillo brothers have in common with Desi Arnaz?
6. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
7. Why does Cesar hire Eugenio?
8. How is Nestor killed?
9. How does Cesar help young Cuban musicians?
10. How does the novel end?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)