|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
(a) Friends and fans.
(b) Love and family.
(c) Money and power.
(d) Fame and fortune.
2. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
(a) Lucille Ball.
(b) Cesar Chavez.
(c) Desi Arnaz.
(d) Anita Lopez.
3. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
(c) Four hundred.
4. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(b) He is more wild than Cesar.
(c) He beds as many women as possible.
(d) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
5. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
(a) The rise of the new dictatorship.
(b) A civil war.
(d) An abusive father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
2. How does Cesar feel about his celebrity?
3. To where does Maria move?
4. How is Cesar known, first in Julian's band?
5. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Cesar found at the Hotel Splendour?
2. What does Perez do with Cesar's mambo club?
3. Where are Cesar's other brothers by 1967?
4. What does Cesar do to a forty-year-old unmarried woman? How does he justify his actions?
5. Describe Cesar's father.
6. How is Eugenio able to please Arnaz?
7. Why does Cesar want to drink himself to death?
8. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
9. What is taking place with the hearts?
10. How is Cesar in his old age?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)