|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
(a) They run a family restaurant.
(b) They play in a band.
(c) They work in a meat packing plant.
(d) They sell cars.
2. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) A performance.
(b) Huge plates of Cuban food.
(c) An all-American meal.
(d) A place to stay the night.
3. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
(a) The studio.
(c) Their managers.
(d) Their bandmates.
4. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
(b) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
(c) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(d) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
5. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
(b) Heart trouble.
(c) Bouts of depression.
(d) The desire to gamble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cesar marry?
2. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
3. Why are they in this city?
4. What is Cesar's intention?
5. What does Nestor hope a family life will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perez do with Cesar's mambo club?
2. How does Cesar feel about his daughter in Havana?
3. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
4. What does Eugenio imagine?
5. Describe Delores.
6. About what does Cesar dream?
7. What happens that causes Cesar to become angry with Lydia?
8. How does Delores feel about Lydia?
9. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
10. What does Celia want from Cesar? Is she successful?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)