|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(b) He is more wild than Cesar.
(c) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(d) He beds as many women as possible.
2. What does Cesar do to Delores?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He abuses her.
(c) He finds her a job with the band.
(d) He makes a pass at her.
3. What question does Maria continually evade?
(a) Whether or not she loves Nestor.
(b) If she wants to date Nestor.
(c) Nestor's marriage proposal.
(d) If she will move to the United States.
4. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
(a) Shy and quiet.
(b) Nervous and agitated.
(c) Pleased and surprised.
(d) Annoyed and displeased.
5. What does Nestor hope a family life will do?
(a) Bring him more honor.
(b) Erase any traces of Maria from his mind.
(c) Make him feel more at home in New York City.
(d) Help him settle down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is there no hope for Nestor and Maria?
2. To where does Maria move?
3. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
4. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
5. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Castillo brother handle the fame and fortune acquired from being on the "I Love Lucy" show?
2. Describe Delores.
3. Why does Cesar want to drink himself to death?
4. What happens that causes Cesar to become angry with Lydia?
5. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
6. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
7. Who is Maria?
8. Describe the popularity of the Mambo Kings by 1954.
9. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
10. How does the novel end?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)