|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
(a) Los Angeles.
2. How is Cesar known, first in Julian's band?
(a) A Cuban warlord.
(b) The Salsa Tsar.
(c) The Mambo King.
(d) A cooking sensation.
3. When does Nestor first meet Maria?
(a) When she and another man are fighting.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) At a Cuban club.
(d) In school.
4. Why does Cesar's wife finally leave him?
(a) One of his girlfriends is pregnant.
(b) He has other girlfriends.
(c) He is abusive to her and their daughter.
(d) He invites a girlfriend home.
5. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) In the Hotel Splendour.
(b) In a director's chair.
(c) In his kitchen.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
2. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
3. What is realized over drinks?
4. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
5. What happens to the DeSoto?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nestor killed?
2. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
3. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
4. How does Cesar end up in his neighbor's room?
5. Why does Cesar want to drink himself to death?
6. How does Cesar spend the waning days of his life?
7. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
8. How does Eugenio feel after having a conversation with Desi Arnaz?
9. What happens to Cesar's club?
10. What does Cesar do to a forty-year-old unmarried woman? How does he justify his actions?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)