|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
(a) Los Angeles.
2. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) In memory of his brother.
(c) Out of habit.
(d) Out of love for the music.
3. Why does Cesar's wife finally leave him?
(a) He invites a girlfriend home.
(b) He has other girlfriends.
(c) One of his girlfriends is pregnant.
(d) He is abusive to her and their daughter.
4. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
(a) He falls in love with another woman.
(b) He forgets about Delores and his children.
(c) He writes to Maria.
(d) Diligently sends letters and gifts to his family.
5. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
(b) Bouts of depression.
(c) Heart trouble.
(d) The desire to gamble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Castillos do?
2. Why are they in this city?
3. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
4. What does Delores's father do every night?
5. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
2. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
3. What does the doctor say is happening to Cesar?
4. What do the Castillo brothers have in common with Desi Arnaz?
5. How is Eugenio able to please Arnaz?
6. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
7. Describe the popularity of the Mambo Kings by 1954.
8. About what does Cesar dream?
9. How does the novel end?
10. Why does Cesar hire Eugenio?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)