|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
(a) She intelligent, although not very beautiful.
(b) She looks very wealthy.
(c) She is intelligent and beautiful.
(d) She is also from Havana.
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He buys an icecream stand.
(b) He becomes a maintanence man.
(c) He joins the Merchant Marines.
(d) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
3. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
(a) He teaches her how to dance.
(b) He buys her a meal.
(c) He intervenes during the fight.
(d) He becomes her tutor.
4. Of what is there no hope for Nestor and Maria?
(a) Their love to end.
(b) Distance to keep them from wanting to be together.
(d) Leaving Cuba.
5. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
(b) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
(c) Benny More.
(d) The owner of the club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
2. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
3. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
4. Where does the story begin?
5. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
2. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
3. What does Cesar do in his travels with the Merchant Marines?
4. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
5. Why does Cesar visit Bernardito Mandelbaum? What does he give him?
6. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
7. What does Celia want from Cesar? Is she successful?
8. How do the Castillo brother handle the fame and fortune acquired from being on the "I Love Lucy" show?
9. Describe the popularity of the Mambo Kings by 1954.
10. How to the Castillo brothers handle their popularity?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)