|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
(a) The sheet music for her song.
(b) Her picture.
(c) A bottle of her perfume.
(d) A lock of her hair.
2. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
(a) Diligently sends letters and gifts to his family.
(b) He falls in love with another woman.
(c) He writes to Maria.
(d) He forgets about Delores and his children.
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her mother, Gabriela.
(b) Her cousin, Lucas.
(c) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(d) Her brother, Marco.
4. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
(a) Fame and fortune.
(b) Money and power.
(c) Love and family.
(d) Friends and fans.
5. How is their performance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
2. What question does Maria continually evade?
3. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
4. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
5. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes Cesar to become angry with Lydia?
2. How does Cesar feel while in a relationship with Lydia?
3. Who is Maria?
4. What does the doctor say is happening to Cesar?
5. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
6. About what does Cesar dream?
7. What does Celia want from Cesar? Is she successful?
8. What does Cesar do in his travels with the Merchant Marines?
9. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
10. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)