|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
(a) They realize they can only be friends.
(b) They get lost in New York City.
(c) They become inseperable.
(d) They begin to argue.
2. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) Benny More.
(b) The owner of the club.
(c) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
(d) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
3. Why does he stray from her?
(a) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
(b) He loves another woman, named Maria.
(c) He no longer loves her.
(d) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
4. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
(a) He calls her on the telephone.
(b) He looks for her everywhere.
(c) He sends her a letter.
(d) He writes a song.
5. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
(a) He becomes her tutor.
(b) He buys her a meal.
(c) He teaches her how to dance.
(d) He intervenes during the fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
2. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
3. To where does Maria move?
4. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
5. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
2. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
3. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
4. Describe The Castillo brothers' arrival in New York City in 1949.
5. Why does Cesar want to drink himself to death?
6. Does Cesar play anymore? If so, where?
7. Why does Cesar not ask for help with his depression?
8. How is Cesar in his old age?
9. About what does Cesar dream?
10. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)