|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) A harsh government.
(b) Being deported back to Havana.
(c) The trouble of getting to America.
(d) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
2. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
(a) He sends her a letter.
(b) He looks for her everywhere.
(c) He writes a song.
(d) He calls her on the telephone.
3. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
(a) He enjoys it.
(b) He loves it but misses his family.
(c) He is plagued by depression.
(d) He basks in it.
4. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(b) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
(c) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(d) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
5. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
(a) They begin to argue.
(b) They become inseperable.
(c) They get lost in New York City.
(d) They realize they can only be friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Maria move?
2. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
3. Where does the story begin?
4. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
5. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
2. What happens to Cesar's club?
3. How does Cesar feel while in a relationship with Lydia?
4. What happens between Eugenio and his father?
5. How does Cesar feel about his daughter in Havana?
6. How is Fernando Perez able to help Cesar?
7. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
8. How does Cesar handle Nestor's death?
9. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
10. How does Cesar help young Cuban musicians?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)