|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
(a) He quit the band.
(b) He take a vacation.
(c) He move back to Cuba.
(d) He find more engagements for the band.
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He joins the Merchant Marines.
(b) He buys an icecream stand.
(c) He becomes a maintanence man.
(d) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(b) Her brother, Marco.
(c) Her cousin, Lucas.
(d) Her mother, Gabriela.
4. Why does he stray from her?
(a) He loves another woman, named Maria.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
(d) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
5. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) Being deported back to Havana.
(b) The trouble of getting to America.
(c) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
(d) A harsh government.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Maria move?
2. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
3. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
4. What does Nestor hope a family life will do?
5. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
2. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
3. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
4. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
5. How does Cesar end up in his neighbor's room?
6. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
7. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
8. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
9. What is taking place with the hearts?
10. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)