|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He seeks joy in his life.
(b) He tries to make a better life for his family.
(c) He earns money to send back to his wife.
(d) He wants to be in America so desperately.
2. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He is more wild than Cesar.
(b) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(c) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(d) He beds as many women as possible.
3. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
(a) Four hundred.
4. What grants Cesar and Nestor instant fame?
(a) A performance for the President of the United States.
(b) Their performances at New York City night clubs.
(c) Their appearance on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(d) A performance on the Lawrence Welk Show.
5. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
(a) To record several songs.
(b) To bed as many women as he can.
(c) Swim in the Pacific.
(d) Relax in California's wine country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
2. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
3. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
4. What happens to Nestor because of this?
5. Why does Cesar's wife finally leave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
2. What happens to Cesar's club?
3. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
4. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
5. What is taking place with the hearts?
6. What does Celia want from Cesar? Is she successful?
7. What is it that Cesar likes about Lydia?
8. Why does Cesar marry Luisa?
9. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
10. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)