|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
(a) He quit the band.
(b) He take a vacation.
(c) He move back to Cuba.
(d) He find more engagements for the band.
2. What question does Maria continually evade?
(a) If she wants to date Nestor.
(b) Whether or not she loves Nestor.
(c) Nestor's marriage proposal.
(d) If she will move to the United States.
3. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
(a) A bottle of her perfume.
(b) The sheet music for her song.
(c) Her picture.
(d) A lock of her hair.
4. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
(a) Their managers.
(c) The studio.
(d) Their bandmates.
5. What is realized over drinks?
(a) Perez Prado and Tito Puente both played with Julian.
(b) Benny More plays on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(c) Desi Arnaz is from the same area as the Castillo brothers.
(d) The owner of the club does not want them to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
2. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
3. How is Cesar known, first in Julian's band?
4. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
5. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cesar do to a forty-year-old unmarried woman? How does he justify his actions?
2. Where are Cesar's other brothers by 1967?
3. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
4. What does Cesar think is important for Eugenio to know? Why is he worried about Eugenio?
5. What happens to Cesar's club?
6. What does Eugenio imagine?
7. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
8. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
9. Describe The Castillo brothers' arrival in New York City in 1949.
10. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)