|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her mother, Gabriela.
(b) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(c) Her brother, Marco.
(d) Her cousin, Lucas.
2. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He earns money to send back to his wife.
(b) He tries to make a better life for his family.
(c) He wants to be in America so desperately.
(d) He seeks joy in his life.
3. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
(a) Swim in the Pacific.
(b) To bed as many women as he can.
(c) Relax in California's wine country.
(d) To record several songs.
4. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
(b) Los Angeles.
5. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He beds as many women as possible.
(b) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(c) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(d) He is more wild than Cesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
2. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
3. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
4. Of what is there no hope for Nestor and Maria?
5. What does Delores's father do every night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Castillo brothers have in common with Desi Arnaz?
2. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
3. How to the Castillo brothers handle their popularity?
4. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
5. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
6. Describe Cesar's father.
7. Describe The Castillo brothers' arrival in New York City in 1949.
8. How does Cesar spend the waning days of his life?
9. What happens to Cesar's club?
10. About what does Cesar dream?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)