|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(b) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
(c) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(d) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
2. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
(a) Thoughts of Delores.
(b) Thoughts of Maria.
(c) A new song he has written.
(d) His desire to go home to Cuba.
3. How does Cesar feel about his celebrity?
(a) He basks in it.
(b) He is ashamed of it.
(c) He is unsure about it.
(d) He worries about losing it.
4. To where does Maria move?
(a) A little house with the man who had been beating her up on the night Nestor came to her rescue.
(b) The other side of Cuba to escape Nestor.
(d) Back to her family's home, away from Nestor.
5. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
(a) He sends money to her mother, so she may attend the best schools.
(b) He sends her to presitigious American boarding schools.
(c) He does not do much, because he is so busy.
(d) He sends cards and gifts regularly and flies to Havana to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
2. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
3. Why does Cesar's wife finally leave him?
4. Why are they in this city?
5. What do the Castillos do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
2. How does Eugenio feel after having a conversation with Desi Arnaz?
3. Who is Maria?
4. How is Fernando Perez able to help Cesar?
5. Describe Delores.
6. Where are Cesar's other brothers by 1967?
7. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
8. How does Cesar end up in his neighbor's room?
9. What happens that causes Cesar to become angry with Lydia?
10. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)