|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is their performance?
2. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He beds as many women as possible.
(b) He is more wild than Cesar.
(c) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(d) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
3. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) Heart trouble.
(b) The desire to gamble.
(c) Bouts of depression.
(d) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
4. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He seeks joy in his life.
(b) He tries to make a better life for his family.
(c) He earns money to send back to his wife.
(d) He wants to be in America so desperately.
5. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) A place to stay the night.
(b) An all-American meal.
(c) Huge plates of Cuban food.
(d) A performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
2. How does Cesar try to help his brother?
3. What do the Castillos do?
4. Why does he stray from her?
5. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
2. Does Cesar play anymore? If so, where?
3. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
4. Describe the popularity of the Mambo Kings by 1954.
5. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
6. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
7. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
8. What does the doctor say is happening to Cesar?
9. How is Cesar found at the Hotel Splendour?
10. What does Celia want from Cesar? Is she successful?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)