|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He seeks joy in his life.
(b) He tries to make a better life for his family.
(c) He wants to be in America so desperately.
(d) He earns money to send back to his wife.
2. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) The trouble of getting to America.
(b) Being deported back to Havana.
(c) A harsh government.
(d) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her brother, Marco.
(b) Her mother, Gabriela.
(c) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(d) Her cousin, Lucas.
4. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) A performance.
(b) A place to stay the night.
(c) An all-American meal.
(d) Huge plates of Cuban food.
5. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
(a) Fame and fortune.
(b) Love and family.
(c) Friends and fans.
(d) Money and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
2. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
3. Where does the story begin?
4. How does Nestor act in California?
5. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cesar visit Bernardito Mandelbaum? What does he give him?
2. Why does Cesar want to drink himself to death?
3. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
4. Why does Cesar hire Eugenio?
5. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
6. Does Cesar play anymore? If so, where?
7. How does Cesar handle Nestor's death?
8. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
9. Where are Cesar's other brothers by 1967?
10. How does Cesar feel about asking Lydia out on a date?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)