|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
(a) Go out dancing.
(b) Go to night school.
(c) Read books.
2. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
(a) He loves her more than he loved Maria.
(b) She is his best friend.
(c) Out of duty.
(d) Out of love.
3. Where are the Mambo Kings hugely popular?
(a) Chicago clubs.
(b) Los Angeles clubs.
(c) New York City clubs.
(d) Miami clubs.
4. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
(b) Heart trouble.
(c) The desire to gamble.
(d) Bouts of depression.
5. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
(b) The trouble of getting to America.
(c) Being deported back to Havana.
(d) A harsh government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
2. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
3. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
4. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
5. How does Cesar feel about his celebrity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eugenio and Leticia treat their uncle? Why do they treat him this way?
2. How is Cesar in his old age?
3. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
4. How is Eugenio able to please Arnaz?
5. What does Cesar do in his travels with the Merchant Marines?
6. About what does Cesar dream?
7. How do Cesar and his daughter spend their short time together?
8. What does Eugenio think about Desi Arnaz's home?
9. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
10. How does Eugenio feel after having a conversation with Desi Arnaz?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)