|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
(a) Out of love.
(b) He loves her more than he loved Maria.
(c) She is his best friend.
(d) Out of duty.
2. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) The owner of the club.
(b) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
(c) Benny More.
(d) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
3. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
(a) She looks very wealthy.
(b) She intelligent, although not very beautiful.
(c) She is also from Havana.
(d) She is intelligent and beautiful.
4. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
(a) The park.
(b) The Imperial Ballroom.
(c) A movie.
(d) His home.
5. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
(b) Four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
2. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
3. What does Delores's father do every night?
4. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
5. What does Nestor hope a family life will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is taking place with the hearts?
2. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
3. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
4. How does Cesar spend the waning days of his life?
5. What happens between Eugenio and his father?
6. Why does Cesar not ask for help with his depression?
7. What does Perez do with Cesar's mambo club?
8. Why does Cesar hire Eugenio?
9. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
10. How does Cesar feel about his daughter in Havana?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)