|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important aspect of being in Julian's band, according to Cesar?
(a) The money earned.
(b) The girls.
(c) The sense of family.
(d) The fame acquired.
2. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) The sheet music for her song.
(c) A bottle of her perfume.
(d) Her picture.
3. What happens to Nestor because of this?
(a) He dies.
(b) He has no car.
(c) He is seriously injured.
(d) He has to call a tow truck.
4. Who is waiting for the same bus as Nestor?
(a) Delores Fuentes.
(b) Maria Suarez.
(c) Luisa Garcia.
(d) Erika Sanchez.
5. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
(a) He looks for her everywhere.
(b) He calls her on the telephone.
(c) He sends her a letter.
(d) He writes a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delores's father do every night?
2. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
3. What happens to the DeSoto?
4. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
5. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires between Cesar and Don Emilio's wife, Carmen?
2. How does Cesar's relationship with Celia end?
3. About what does Cesar dream?
4. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
5. What is taking place with the hearts?
6. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
7. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
8. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
9. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
10. What does the doctor say is happening to Cesar?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)