|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nestor hope a family life will do?
(a) Make him feel more at home in New York City.
(b) Erase any traces of Maria from his mind.
(c) Help him settle down.
(d) Bring him more honor.
2. To where does Maria move?
(b) The other side of Cuba to escape Nestor.
(c) Back to her family's home, away from Nestor.
(d) A little house with the man who had been beating her up on the night Nestor came to her rescue.
3. Where does the story begin?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. Where are the Mambo Kings hugely popular?
(a) New York City clubs.
(b) Miami clubs.
(c) Los Angeles clubs.
(d) Chicago clubs.
5. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
(a) They realize they can only be friends.
(b) They get lost in New York City.
(c) They become inseperable.
(d) They begin to argue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Maria continually evade?
2. How is Cesar known, first in Julian's band?
3. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
4. How does Nestor act in California?
5. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eugenio able to please Arnaz?
2. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
3. What do the Castillo brothers have in common with Desi Arnaz?
4. How does Cesar feel about his daughter in Havana?
5. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
6. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
7. How is Cesar in his old age?
8. How does Cesar feel while in a relationship with Lydia?
9. Why does Cesar hire Eugenio?
10. About what does Cesar begin to hallucinate?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)