|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
(a) He does not do much, because he is so busy.
(b) He sends cards and gifts regularly and flies to Havana to see her.
(c) He sends money to her mother, so she may attend the best schools.
(d) He sends her to presitigious American boarding schools.
2. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
(a) Out of love for the music.
(b) Out of habit.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) In memory of his brother.
3. What is Cesar's intention?
(a) To watch people play on the beach.
(b) To drink himself to death.
(c) To make dinner.
(d) To direct a new movie.
4. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He earns money to send back to his wife.
(b) He seeks joy in his life.
(c) He wants to be in America so desperately.
(d) He tries to make a better life for his family.
5. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the Hotel Splendour.
(c) In a director's chair.
(d) In his kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is their performance?
2. How does Cesar try to help his brother?
3. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
4. What happens to Nestor because of this?
5. How is Cesar known, first in Julian's band?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesar handle Nestor's death?
2. How do the Mambo Kings meet Desi Arnaz?
3. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
4. What does Cesar do in his travels with the Merchant Marines?
5. Why does Cesar want to drink himself to death?
6. Why does Cesar's ice cream cart not succeed?
7. What evidence shows that Cesar feels insecure about Lydia's feelings for him?
8. What is taking place with the hearts?
9. How do Cesar's ailments affect his relationship with Lydia?
10. How does Cesar first meet Lydia?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)