|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
(a) She is also from Havana.
(b) She intelligent, although not very beautiful.
(c) She is intelligent and beautiful.
(d) She looks very wealthy.
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
(b) He buys an icecream stand.
(c) He joins the Merchant Marines.
(d) He becomes a maintanence man.
3. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
(a) He sends cards and gifts regularly and flies to Havana to see her.
(b) He sends her to presitigious American boarding schools.
(c) He sends money to her mother, so she may attend the best schools.
(d) He does not do much, because he is so busy.
4. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
(a) They play in a band.
(b) They sell cars.
(c) They work in a meat packing plant.
(d) They run a family restaurant.
5. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) In a director's chair.
(b) In the Hotel Splendour.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In his kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are they in this city?
2. Why does he stray from her?
3. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
4. What is Cesar's intention?
5. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what is "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love?"
2. Why does Mariela not want to leave Cuba?
3. How does Delores feel about Lydia?
4. How is Nestor killed?
5. Why does Cesar begin to play again after Nestor's death?
6. What happens that causes Cesar to become angry with Lydia?
7. How does Cesar's vacation in Cuba help him heal?
8. How does Lydia feel about Cesar?
9. How is Cesar in his old age?
10. Who is Maria?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)