|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theme is very clear in this part?
(d) Certainty in celebrity.
2. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) Begging his daughter to move to America.
(b) His alcoholic lifestyle.
(c) Thinking about Maria.
(d) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
3. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He want to venture into something new.
(b) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(c) He wants to offend Cesar.
(d) He does not like mambo music.
4. For what are these musicians searching?
(b) New lives.
(d) Lessons in the mambo.
5. What does Cesar want for Mariela?
(a) To stay in Cuba.
(b) To live with him.
(c) To find a more stable career.
(d) To be released from the strict regime of the revolution.
6. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He know how much Cesar loves him.
(b) He not inherit his father's depression.
(c) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
(d) He find a good woman to marry.
7. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(a) A job.
(b) Old Mambo King records.
(c) A goodbye card.
8. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
(a) The club owners.
(b) New friends.
(d) Young musicians.
9. What does Cesar teach?
(b) The mambo.
(c) The salsa.
10. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
(b) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(c) A popular club in Havana.
(d) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
11. What does Cesar notice about his brothers?
(a) They want to move to New York City.
(b) The are unhappy.
(c) This miss Cuba.
(d) They are content to become old men.
12. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
(a) To relive his life through his friends and memories.
(b) He has no where else to go.
(c) He cannot afford to move to Miami.
(d) He is afraid to move anywhere else.
13. Where is Cesar's guitar?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the kitchen at the restaurant.
(c) In the cellar at the restaurant.
(d) Upstairs in Don's apartment.
14. In 1967, from where do Cesar's three remaining brothers escape?
15. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
(a) He is interested in pretty women.
(b) He has heard she has a beautiful voice.
(c) It is way past time for her to have enjoyed sex.
(d) He only likes young women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the club suffering financial loss?
2. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
3. Who does Cesar host at the club?
4. What does Cesar do to the forty-year-old woman?
5. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)