|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Cesar worry?
(a) Eugenio is not successful in his career.
(b) Eugenio has inherited his father's melancholy.
(c) Eugenio will miss him.
(d) Eugenio is lonely.
2. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) It is the best in the city.
(b) It is a front for drugs.
(c) It is very trendy.
(d) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
3. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
(b) The inappropriate behavior with Carmen.
(c) Arguing with Don.
4. Into what does Perez convert the club?
(a) A disco club.
(b) A retirement home.
(c) A family restaurant.
(d) A rock and jazz venue.
5. In 1967, from where do Cesar's three remaining brothers escape?
6. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He watches him disappear from his life.
(b) He cries.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He calls Delores.
7. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
(a) Mariela's stepfather is an official close to the Castro regime.
(b) Mariela's stepfather makes a six-figure salary.
(c) Mariela is close with Fidel Castro.
(d) Mariela's mother is paid very well for her work.
8. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He wants to offend Cesar.
(b) He does not like mambo music.
(c) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(d) He want to venture into something new.
9. Who is Fernando Perez?
(a) A notorious gangster in the Latin community in New York City.
(b) Cesar's boss.
(c) The mayor of New York City at the time.
(d) Cesar's best friend.
10. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
(b) Thinking about Maria.
(c) Begging his daughter to move to America.
(d) His alcoholic lifestyle.
11. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
(a) He is struck by her beauty.
(b) She has a strange accent.
(c) She is unusual.
(d) She is very tall.
12. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
(a) To say hello.
(b) To invite Cesar to a party.
(c) To tell him to turn down his television.
(d) To ask if Cesar has any alcohol he can buy.
13. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
(b) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
(c) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(d) A popular club in Havana.
14. For what are these musicians searching?
(c) New lives.
(d) Lessons in the mambo.
15. Who is confined to a wheelchair?
(a) Cesar Castillo.
(b) Eugenio Castillo.
(c) Don Emilio.
(d) Delores Castillo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continues in Cesar's life?
2. Why is Cesar hospitalized?
3. What does she do to Cesar?
4. Who does Cesar date for awhile?
5. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)