|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues in Cesar's life?
(a) His relationship with Celia.
(b) The string of women.
(c) His communication with Eugenio.
(d) His love for Delores.
2. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
(a) She tries to prevent him from going out.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She wants revenge.
(d) She cannot wait any longer to be married.
3. What takes its toll on Cesar?
(a) Not sleeping.
(b) Not eating.
(c) Maintaining his regular job and running The Club Havana.
(d) Being alone.
4. How does this change affect Cesar?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is unchanged.
(c) It is exciting to him.
(d) It breaks his heart.
5. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He want to venture into something new.
(b) He does not like mambo music.
(c) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(d) He wants to offend Cesar.
6. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(c) Music is his therapy.
(d) He misses playing.
7. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He begins to give in.
(b) He laughs at them.
(c) He resists them.
(d) He gives in.
8. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
(a) He watches television.
(b) He is building an altar for the neighborhood church.
(c) He teaches Eugenio how to work with wood.
(d) Mourns the changes which are now running rampant in Cuba.
9. Why is Celia frustrated with Cesar?
(a) He is unkind.
(b) He is abusive.
(c) He continues to refuse her.
(d) He will not listen to her.
10. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
(b) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(c) A popular club in Havana.
(d) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
11. What leads Cesar to hire Eugenio to help with maintenance at the apartment building?
(a) A new management company.
(c) More work than usual.
(d) New tenants.
12. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(b) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(c) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
(d) Cesar saves his life.
13. Where do the brothers settle?
(d) New York City.
14. Who does Cesar host at the club?
(a) His old mambo friends.
(b) Famous mambo players.
(c) Young Cuban musicians.
(d) Young Latino musicians.
15. What does Cesar provide for these men?
(a) Food and a place to stay.
(b) housing, money and temporary jobs at the club.
(c) Jobs in the neighborhood.
(d) Room and board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen do?
2. What does Cesar continue to do through the night?
3. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
4. What does Cesar do to the forty-year-old woman?
5. What theme is very clear in this part?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)