|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He know how much Cesar loves him.
(b) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
(c) He not inherit his father's depression.
(d) He find a good woman to marry.
2. What does Cesar do to the forty-year-old woman?
(a) He kicks her out.
(b) He rapes her.
(c) He asks her to sing for him.
(d) He tells her she is too old.
3. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
(a) He does not care enough about it.
(b) He cannot afford a lawyer.
(c) It is no longer his.
(d) It is too exhausting.
4. Who is Cesar's hardest goodbye?
5. How does this change affect Cesar?
(a) It breaks his heart.
(b) It is exciting to him.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is unchanged.
6. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar saves his life.
(b) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(c) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
(d) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
7. What does Cesar provide for these men?
(a) Jobs in the neighborhood.
(b) Food and a place to stay.
(c) housing, money and temporary jobs at the club.
(d) Room and board.
8. What does Carmen do?
(a) Murders Don.
(b) Seduces Cesar.
(c) Makes Cesar and Don dinner.
(d) Gives Cesar his guitar.
9. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
(a) To invite Cesar to a party.
(b) To ask if Cesar has any alcohol he can buy.
(c) To tell him to turn down his television.
(d) To say hello.
10. What continues in Cesar's life?
(a) His relationship with Celia.
(b) The string of women.
(c) His love for Delores.
(d) His communication with Eugenio.
11. What does Cesar begin to do?
(a) Consider moving.
(b) Save money to buy back the club.
(c) Say goodbye to the people he has loved.
(d) Stop drinking.
12. About what does Cesar worry?
(a) Eugenio will miss him.
(b) Eugenio is not successful in his career.
(c) Eugenio has inherited his father's melancholy.
(d) Eugenio is lonely.
13. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
(a) Mariela's stepfather makes a six-figure salary.
(b) Mariela's stepfather is an official close to the Castro regime.
(c) Mariela's mother is paid very well for her work.
(d) Mariela is close with Fidel Castro.
14. How does Fernando help Cesar?
(a) He pays his bills for one month.
(b) He convinces Mariela to leave Cuba.
(c) He purchases a local Irish pub and turns it into a mambo club.
(d) He brings Cesar's brothers to America.
15. What takes its toll on Cesar?
(a) Not sleeping.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Not eating.
(d) Maintaining his regular job and running The Club Havana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Cesar not stop?
2. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
3. Why is Celia frustrated with Cesar?
4. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
5. What is The Club Havana?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)