|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He does not like mambo music.
(b) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(c) He want to venture into something new.
(d) He wants to offend Cesar.
2. What does this woman want?
(a) To inherit Cesar's money.
(b) To meet Cesar's nephew.
(c) To move to Los Angeles.
(d) To marry Cesar.
3. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
(a) It causes stress in his life.
(b) It gives him a place to play.
(c) It gives him an income.
(d) It energizes his lagging spirits.
4. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
(a) Mourns the changes which are now running rampant in Cuba.
(b) He teaches Eugenio how to work with wood.
(c) He is building an altar for the neighborhood church.
(d) He watches television.
5. What continues in Cesar's life?
(a) His communication with Eugenio.
(b) His love for Delores.
(c) His relationship with Celia.
(d) The string of women.
6. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(c) He misses playing.
(d) Music is his therapy.
7. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
(b) His alcoholic lifestyle.
(c) Thinking about Maria.
(d) Begging his daughter to move to America.
8. How does the woman react?
9. How does Fernando help Cesar?
(a) He brings Cesar's brothers to America.
(b) He convinces Mariela to leave Cuba.
(c) He pays his bills for one month.
(d) He purchases a local Irish pub and turns it into a mambo club.
10. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He laughs at them.
(b) He begins to give in.
(c) He gives in.
(d) He resists them.
11. Why is Celia frustrated with Cesar?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) He continues to refuse her.
(c) He will not listen to her.
(d) He is unkind.
12. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(b) Old Mambo King records.
(c) A job.
(d) A goodbye card.
13. What does Cesar want for Mariela?
(a) To stay in Cuba.
(b) To be released from the strict regime of the revolution.
(c) To live with him.
(d) To find a more stable career.
14. For what are these musicians searching?
(a) Lessons in the mambo.
(c) New lives.
15. What does Carmen do?
(a) Seduces Cesar.
(b) Gives Cesar his guitar.
(c) Makes Cesar and Don dinner.
(d) Murders Don.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
2. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
3. What does Cesar continue to do through the night?
4. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
5. In 1967, from where do Cesar's three remaining brothers escape?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)