|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She cheats on him.
2. What leads Cesar to hire Eugenio to help with maintenance at the apartment building?
(a) New tenants.
(c) More work than usual.
(d) A new management company.
3. What does Cesar teach?
(b) The mambo.
(d) The salsa.
4. How does the woman react?
5. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
(a) To tell him to turn down his television.
(b) To say hello.
(c) To invite Cesar to a party.
(d) To ask if Cesar has any alcohol he can buy.
6. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(a) A job.
(b) Old Mambo King records.
(d) A goodbye card.
7. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He not inherit his father's depression.
(b) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
(c) He find a good woman to marry.
(d) He know how much Cesar loves him.
8. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(c) He misses playing.
(d) Music is his therapy.
9. About what does Cesar worry?
(a) Eugenio will miss him.
(b) Eugenio is not successful in his career.
(c) Eugenio is lonely.
(d) Eugenio has inherited his father's melancholy.
10. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(b) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(c) Cesar saves his life.
(d) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
11. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
(a) She is very tall.
(b) She has a strange accent.
(c) He is struck by her beauty.
(d) She is unusual.
12. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
(a) A hurricane wiped out many cities.
(b) Fidel Castro in the new leader.
(c) Most Cubans have left Cuba.
(d) There is a drought.
13. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
(a) It energizes his lagging spirits.
(b) It gives him an income.
(c) It causes stress in his life.
(d) It gives him a place to play.
14. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
(a) Mariela's stepfather is an official close to the Castro regime.
(b) Mariela's stepfather makes a six-figure salary.
(c) Mariela's mother is paid very well for her work.
(d) Mariela is close with Fidel Castro.
15. Why is Celia frustrated with Cesar?
(a) He will not listen to her.
(b) He is unkind.
(c) He continues to refuse her.
(d) He is abusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cesar play most frequently?
2. What happens to Celia and Cesar's relationship?
3. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
4. How does Fernando help Cesar?
5. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)