|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the brothers settle?
(a) New York City.
2. What leads Cesar to hire Eugenio to help with maintenance at the apartment building?
(a) New tenants.
(b) A new management company.
(d) More work than usual.
3. What does Cesar teach?
(b) The mambo.
(c) The salsa.
4. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He begins to give in.
(b) He gives in.
(c) He laughs at them.
(d) He resists them.
5. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
(a) It is too exhausting.
(b) He cannot afford a lawyer.
(c) He does not care enough about it.
(d) It is no longer his.
6. How does Fernando help Cesar?
(a) He convinces Mariela to leave Cuba.
(b) He purchases a local Irish pub and turns it into a mambo club.
(c) He brings Cesar's brothers to America.
(d) He pays his bills for one month.
7. Who is Cesar's hardest goodbye?
8. Into what does Perez convert the club?
(a) A rock and jazz venue.
(b) A retirement home.
(c) A family restaurant.
(d) A disco club.
9. For what does Cesar invite his nephew?
(a) A performance.
(b) Dinner and drinks.
(c) A night out at the clubs.
(d) A mambo lesson.
10. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He not inherit his father's depression.
(b) He know how much Cesar loves him.
(c) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
(d) He find a good woman to marry.
11. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
(a) She is very tall.
(b) She has a strange accent.
(c) He is struck by her beauty.
(d) She is unusual.
12. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
(a) He has heard she has a beautiful voice.
(b) It is way past time for her to have enjoyed sex.
(c) He is interested in pretty women.
(d) He only likes young women.
13. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A popular club in Havana.
(b) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(c) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
(d) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
14. Where is Cesar's guitar?
(a) Upstairs in Don's apartment.
(b) At his home.
(c) In the cellar at the restaurant.
(d) In the kitchen at the restaurant.
15. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
(a) Mariela's mother is paid very well for her work.
(b) Mariela's stepfather makes a six-figure salary.
(c) Mariela is close with Fidel Castro.
(d) Mariela's stepfather is an official close to the Castro regime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cesar host at the club?
2. What does Cesar want for Mariela?
3. What does she do to Cesar?
4. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
5. Why does Perez convert the club?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)