|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(b) A job.
(c) A goodbye card.
(d) Old Mambo King records.
2. What does Carmen do?
(a) Gives Cesar his guitar.
(b) Seduces Cesar.
(c) Makes Cesar and Don dinner.
(d) Murders Don.
3. Who is Fernando Perez?
(a) Cesar's best friend.
(b) Cesar's boss.
(c) A notorious gangster in the Latin community in New York City.
(d) The mayor of New York City at the time.
4. What does Cesar teach?
(a) The salsa.
(b) The mambo.
5. Who does Cesar host at the club?
(a) Famous mambo players.
(b) His old mambo friends.
(c) Young Latino musicians.
(d) Young Cuban musicians.
6. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He wants to offend Cesar.
(b) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(c) He want to venture into something new.
(d) He does not like mambo music.
7. In 1967, from where do Cesar's three remaining brothers escape?
8. About what does Cesar worry?
(a) Eugenio will miss him.
(b) Eugenio is lonely.
(c) Eugenio is not successful in his career.
(d) Eugenio has inherited his father's melancholy.
9. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He begins to give in.
(b) He gives in.
(c) He resists them.
(d) He laughs at them.
10. Why is Celia frustrated with Cesar?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) He is unkind.
(c) He will not listen to her.
(d) He continues to refuse her.
11. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) Begging his daughter to move to America.
(b) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
(c) Thinking about Maria.
(d) His alcoholic lifestyle.
12. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(b) Cesar saves his life.
(c) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(d) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
13. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
(a) It is too exhausting.
(b) He cannot afford a lawyer.
(c) It is no longer his.
(d) He does not care enough about it.
14. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) It is a front for drugs.
(b) It is the best in the city.
(c) It is very trendy.
(d) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
15. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) He misses playing.
(b) Music is his therapy.
(c) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(d) He needs the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the brothers settle?
2. What takes its toll on Cesar?
3. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
4. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
5. About what does Cesar continue to reminisce?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)