|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar notice about his brothers?
(a) They want to move to New York City.
(b) They are content to become old men.
(c) This miss Cuba.
(d) The are unhappy.
2. What theme is very clear in this part?
(c) Certainty in celebrity.
3. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
(a) To ask if Cesar has any alcohol he can buy.
(b) To say hello.
(c) To tell him to turn down his television.
(d) To invite Cesar to a party.
4. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
(a) New friends.
(b) Young musicians.
(d) The club owners.
5. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
(a) He is also from Havana.
(b) He used to be Cesar and Nestor's roommate.
(c) He worked with Cesar and Nestor at the meat packing plant.
(d) He used to be in the Mambo Kings' band.
6. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He not inherit his father's depression.
(b) He know how much Cesar loves him.
(c) He find a good woman to marry.
(d) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
7. Who does Cesar date for awhile?
8. Who is Fernando Perez?
(a) Cesar's best friend.
(b) The mayor of New York City at the time.
(c) A notorious gangster in the Latin community in New York City.
(d) Cesar's boss.
9. What does Cesar continue to do through the night?
(a) Watch television.
(c) Talk to his dead brother.
10. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
(b) A popular club in Havana.
(c) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
(d) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
11. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar saves his life.
(b) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
(c) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(d) Fernando owes Cesar money.
12. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
(b) It is very trendy.
(c) It is a front for drugs.
(d) It is the best in the city.
13. What takes its toll on Cesar?
(a) Maintaining his regular job and running The Club Havana.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Not eating.
(d) Not sleeping.
14. Who is Cesar's hardest goodbye?
15. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He does not like mambo music.
(b) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(c) He wants to offend Cesar.
(d) He want to venture into something new.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the brothers settle?
2. What does Cesar teach?
3. How does Fernando help Cesar?
4. What is one reason why Mariela does not want to leave Cuba?
5. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)