|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Cesar invite his nephew?
(a) A mambo lesson.
(b) Dinner and drinks.
(c) A performance.
(d) A night out at the clubs.
2. How does this change affect Cesar?
(a) It is exciting to him.
(b) He is unchanged.
(c) It breaks his heart.
(d) He is relieved.
3. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
(a) It causes stress in his life.
(b) It gives him a place to play.
(c) It gives him an income.
(d) It energizes his lagging spirits.
4. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He watches him disappear from his life.
(c) He cries.
(d) He calls Delores.
5. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He find a good woman to marry.
(b) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
(c) He not inherit his father's depression.
(d) He know how much Cesar loves him.
6. About what does Cesar worry?
(a) Eugenio is lonely.
(b) Eugenio will miss him.
(c) Eugenio has inherited his father's melancholy.
(d) Eugenio is not successful in his career.
7. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) Begging his daughter to move to America.
(b) Thinking about Maria.
(c) His alcoholic lifestyle.
(d) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
8. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He does not like mambo music.
(b) He wants to offend Cesar.
(c) He want to venture into something new.
(d) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
9. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
(c) The inappropriate behavior with Carmen.
(d) Arguing with Don.
10. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(b) Music is his therapy.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) He misses playing.
11. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
(a) The club owners.
(b) New friends.
(d) Young musicians.
12. What does this woman want?
(a) To marry Cesar.
(b) To move to Los Angeles.
(c) To meet Cesar's nephew.
(d) To inherit Cesar's money.
13. Why is the club suffering financial loss?
(a) It suffered a fire.
(b) No one is interested in mambo music.
(c) It did not pass the safety inspection.
(d) Cesar has been too generous.
14. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He resists them.
(b) He begins to give in.
(c) He laughs at them.
(d) He gives in.
15. Where do the brothers settle?
(a) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
2. Who is Fernando Perez?
3. Who is Cesar's hardest goodbye?
4. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
5. Into what does Perez convert the club?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)