|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
(a) He worked with Cesar and Nestor at the meat packing plant.
(b) He used to be Cesar and Nestor's roommate.
(c) He used to be in the Mambo Kings' band.
(d) He is also from Havana.
2. What happens to Celia and Cesar's relationship?
(a) It grows stronger.
(b) It continues in the same manner.
(c) It ends.
(d) It gets a little rocky.
3. Where does Cesar continue to play?
(a) In the park.
(b) With the symphony.
(c) At clubs and restaurants.
(d) At bars.
4. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(b) Cesar saves his life.
(c) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(d) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
5. What does Cesar continue to do through the night?
(c) Watch television.
(d) Talk to his dead brother.
6. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
(b) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(c) A popular club in Havana.
(d) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
7. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
(a) There is a drought.
(b) A hurricane wiped out many cities.
(c) Fidel Castro in the new leader.
(d) Most Cubans have left Cuba.
8. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He cries.
(c) He watches him disappear from his life.
(d) He calls Delores.
9. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
(a) He teaches Eugenio how to work with wood.
(b) He is building an altar for the neighborhood church.
(c) Mourns the changes which are now running rampant in Cuba.
(d) He watches television.
10. For what are these musicians searching?
(a) New lives.
(b) Lessons in the mambo.
11. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He find a good woman to marry.
(b) He know how much Cesar loves him.
(c) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
(d) He not inherit his father's depression.
12. Who is confined to a wheelchair?
(a) Don Emilio.
(b) Eugenio Castillo.
(c) Delores Castillo.
(d) Cesar Castillo.
13. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
(c) She punches him.
(d) She cheats on him.
14. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
(a) The club owners.
(b) New friends.
(d) Young musicians.
15. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
(b) It is the best in the city.
(c) It is a front for drugs.
(d) It is very trendy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesar want for Mariela?
2. What is one reason why Mariela does not want to leave Cuba?
3. What does Cesar begin to do?
4. What does Cesar provide for these men?
5. What continues in Cesar's life?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)