|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the club suffering financial loss?
(a) No one is interested in mambo music.
(b) It did not pass the safety inspection.
(c) Cesar has been too generous.
(d) It suffered a fire.
2. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(b) Old Mambo King records.
(c) A goodbye card.
(d) A job.
3. Where do the brothers settle?
(d) New York City.
4. How does Fernando help Cesar?
(a) He brings Cesar's brothers to America.
(b) He purchases a local Irish pub and turns it into a mambo club.
(c) He convinces Mariela to leave Cuba.
(d) He pays his bills for one month.
5. What is one reason why Mariela does not want to leave Cuba?
(a) She does not want to leave her mother.
(b) She is not involved as an artistic director of a ballet company.
(c) She does not want to be near her father.
(d) She trusts Fidel Castro.
6. Into what does Perez convert the club?
(a) A family restaurant.
(b) A disco club.
(c) A rock and jazz venue.
(d) A retirement home.
7. Where does Cesar continue to play?
(a) At bars.
(b) In the park.
(c) With the symphony.
(d) At clubs and restaurants.
8. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
(a) Arguing with Don.
(b) The inappropriate behavior with Carmen.
9. For what does Cesar invite his nephew?
(a) A performance.
(b) A night out at the clubs.
(c) Dinner and drinks.
(d) A mambo lesson.
10. For what are these musicians searching?
(a) Lessons in the mambo.
(b) New lives.
11. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He cries.
(c) He watches him disappear from his life.
(d) He calls Delores.
12. How does this change affect Cesar?
(a) It breaks his heart.
(b) He is unchanged.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) It is exciting to him.
13. Who does Cesar host at the club?
(a) Young Cuban musicians.
(b) His old mambo friends.
(c) Famous mambo players.
(d) Young Latino musicians.
14. What happens to Celia and Cesar's relationship?
(a) It grows stronger.
(b) It gets a little rocky.
(c) It ends.
(d) It continues in the same manner.
15. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He gives in.
(b) He begins to give in.
(c) He resists them.
(d) He laughs at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
2. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
3. How does the woman react?
4. What does Cesar begin to do?
5. What does Cesar do to the forty-year-old woman?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)