|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) It is the best in the city.
(b) It is a front for drugs.
(c) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
(d) It is very trendy.
2. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
(a) It gives him a place to play.
(b) It gives him an income.
(c) It energizes his lagging spirits.
(d) It causes stress in his life.
3. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
(a) He has no where else to go.
(b) He is afraid to move anywhere else.
(c) He cannot afford to move to Miami.
(d) To relive his life through his friends and memories.
4. Where do the brothers settle?
(d) New York City.
5. Where does Cesar continue to play?
(a) With the symphony.
(b) In the park.
(c) At bars.
(d) At clubs and restaurants.
6. How does Fernando help Cesar?
(a) He pays his bills for one month.
(b) He convinces Mariela to leave Cuba.
(c) He purchases a local Irish pub and turns it into a mambo club.
(d) He brings Cesar's brothers to America.
7. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She cheats on him.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
8. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(a) A job.
(c) Old Mambo King records.
(d) A goodbye card.
9. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
(a) He is interested in pretty women.
(b) He only likes young women.
(c) It is way past time for her to have enjoyed sex.
(d) He has heard she has a beautiful voice.
10. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(b) Cesar saves his life.
(c) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(d) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
11. What does Carmen do?
(a) Gives Cesar his guitar.
(b) Murders Don.
(c) Makes Cesar and Don dinner.
(d) Seduces Cesar.
12. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
(a) He worked with Cesar and Nestor at the meat packing plant.
(b) He used to be Cesar and Nestor's roommate.
(c) He used to be in the Mambo Kings' band.
(d) He is also from Havana.
13. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He wants to offend Cesar.
(b) He want to venture into something new.
(c) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(d) He does not like mambo music.
14. Why is Cesar hospitalized?
(a) He has passed out.
(b) He cannot stop being violently ill.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) His organs are failing.
15. How does the woman react?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Cesar invite his nephew?
2. What happens to Celia and Cesar's relationship?
3. Who is confined to a wheelchair?
4. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
5. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)