|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are these musicians searching?
(a) New lives.
(c) Lessons in the mambo.
2. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
(a) Most Cubans have left Cuba.
(b) Fidel Castro in the new leader.
(c) A hurricane wiped out many cities.
(d) There is a drought.
3. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
(a) He watches television.
(b) He is building an altar for the neighborhood church.
(c) Mourns the changes which are now running rampant in Cuba.
(d) He teaches Eugenio how to work with wood.
4. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
(a) It energizes his lagging spirits.
(b) It gives him an income.
(c) It gives him a place to play.
(d) It causes stress in his life.
5. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
(a) Mariela is close with Fidel Castro.
(b) Mariela's stepfather makes a six-figure salary.
(c) Mariela's stepfather is an official close to the Castro regime.
(d) Mariela's mother is paid very well for her work.
6. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
(a) He is struck by her beauty.
(b) She is unusual.
(c) She is very tall.
(d) She has a strange accent.
7. Where does Cesar play most frequently?
(a) The Mamey Tree Restaurant.
(b) The Risoteria Restaurant.
(c) Joe's Pizzeria.
(d) The Tree Restaurant.
8. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
(a) He cannot afford to move to Miami.
(b) He has no where else to go.
(c) To relive his life through his friends and memories.
(d) He is afraid to move anywhere else.
9. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) Thinking about Maria.
(b) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
(c) Begging his daughter to move to America.
(d) His alcoholic lifestyle.
10. Why is the club suffering financial loss?
(a) It suffered a fire.
(b) Cesar has been too generous.
(c) It did not pass the safety inspection.
(d) No one is interested in mambo music.
11. How does this change affect Cesar?
(a) It breaks his heart.
(b) He is unchanged.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) It is exciting to him.
12. What does Cesar begin to do?
(a) Consider moving.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Save money to buy back the club.
(d) Say goodbye to the people he has loved.
13. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He gives in.
(b) He resists them.
(c) He laughs at them.
(d) He begins to give in.
14. What does Cesar notice about his brothers?
(a) They are content to become old men.
(b) They want to move to New York City.
(c) This miss Cuba.
(d) The are unhappy.
15. What does this woman want?
(a) To meet Cesar's nephew.
(b) To marry Cesar.
(c) To move to Los Angeles.
(d) To inherit Cesar's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
2. How does Fernando help Cesar?
3. What does she do to Cesar?
4. Why does Perez convert the club?
5. What does Cesar continue to do through the night?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)