|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar begin to do?
(a) Consider moving.
(b) Save money to buy back the club.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Say goodbye to the people he has loved.
2. Who does Cesar date for awhile?
3. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(b) He misses playing.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) Music is his therapy.
4. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He cries.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He calls Delores.
(d) He watches him disappear from his life.
5. About what does Cesar continue to reminisce?
(a) People and events in his life.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His life in Cuba.
6. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He know how much Cesar loves him.
(b) He not inherit his father's depression.
(c) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
(d) He find a good woman to marry.
7. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
(a) He used to be in the Mambo Kings' band.
(b) He is also from Havana.
(c) He used to be Cesar and Nestor's roommate.
(d) He worked with Cesar and Nestor at the meat packing plant.
8. What does Cesar notice about his brothers?
(a) They are content to become old men.
(b) They want to move to New York City.
(c) The are unhappy.
(d) This miss Cuba.
9. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
(c) She cheats on him.
(d) She leaves him.
10. What is one reason why Mariela does not want to leave Cuba?
(a) She does not want to leave her mother.
(b) She trusts Fidel Castro.
(c) She is not involved as an artistic director of a ballet company.
(d) She does not want to be near her father.
11. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
(a) He is afraid to move anywhere else.
(b) He cannot afford to move to Miami.
(c) He has no where else to go.
(d) To relive his life through his friends and memories.
12. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
(b) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(c) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(d) Cesar saves his life.
13. For what does Cesar invite his nephew?
(a) A night out at the clubs.
(b) A mambo lesson.
(c) Dinner and drinks.
(d) A performance.
14. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) It is the best in the city.
(b) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
(c) It is very trendy.
(d) It is a front for drugs.
15. What theme is very clear in this part?
(c) Certainty in celebrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is confined to a wheelchair?
2. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
3. How does this change affect Cesar?
4. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
5. How does Fernando help Cesar?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)