|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar saves his life.
(b) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(c) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(d) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
2. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(c) Music is his therapy.
(d) He misses playing.
3. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
(b) New friends.
(c) Young musicians.
(d) The club owners.
4. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He resists them.
(b) He begins to give in.
(c) He laughs at them.
(d) He gives in.
5. For what are these musicians searching?
(a) Lessons in the mambo.
(c) New lives.
6. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
(b) A popular club in Havana.
(c) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(d) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
7. Where does Cesar play most frequently?
(a) The Mamey Tree Restaurant.
(b) The Tree Restaurant.
(c) Joe's Pizzeria.
(d) The Risoteria Restaurant.
8. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
(a) She is very tall.
(b) He is struck by her beauty.
(c) She has a strange accent.
(d) She is unusual.
9. Where do the brothers settle?
(a) New York City.
10. What takes its toll on Cesar?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Not eating.
(c) Maintaining his regular job and running The Club Havana.
(d) Not sleeping.
11. How does the woman react?
12. What theme is very clear in this part?
(b) Certainty in celebrity.
13. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
(c) The inappropriate behavior with Carmen.
(d) Arguing with Don.
14. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She cheats on him.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) She punches him.
(d) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
15. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He calls Delores.
(b) He cries.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He watches him disappear from his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Perez convert the club?
2. What is one reason why Mariela does not want to leave Cuba?
3. What does this woman want?
4. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
5. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)