|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(a) A job.
(b) Old Mambo King records.
(d) A goodbye card.
2. About what does Cesar worry?
(a) Eugenio is not successful in his career.
(b) Eugenio has inherited his father's melancholy.
(c) Eugenio is lonely.
(d) Eugenio will miss him.
3. What continues in Cesar's life?
(a) His relationship with Celia.
(b) The string of women.
(c) His love for Delores.
(d) His communication with Eugenio.
4. Where does Cesar continue to play?
(a) At clubs and restaurants.
(b) With the symphony.
(c) In the park.
(d) At bars.
5. What does Cesar want for Mariela?
(a) To find a more stable career.
(b) To stay in Cuba.
(c) To be released from the strict regime of the revolution.
(d) To live with him.
6. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He cries.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He calls Delores.
(d) He watches him disappear from his life.
7. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
(a) He has no where else to go.
(b) To relive his life through his friends and memories.
(c) He cannot afford to move to Miami.
(d) He is afraid to move anywhere else.
8. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
(a) It energizes his lagging spirits.
(b) It gives him a place to play.
(c) It gives him an income.
(d) It causes stress in his life.
9. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(b) Cesar saves his life.
(c) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
(d) Fernando owes Cesar money.
10. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
(a) She is very tall.
(b) She has a strange accent.
(c) She is unusual.
(d) He is struck by her beauty.
11. What does Cesar begin to do?
(a) Consider moving.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Say goodbye to the people he has loved.
(d) Save money to buy back the club.
12. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
(a) Young musicians.
(b) The club owners.
(c) New friends.
13. How does the woman react?
14. What does Cesar do to the forty-year-old woman?
(a) He asks her to sing for him.
(b) He rapes her.
(c) He kicks her out.
(d) He tells her she is too old.
15. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
(b) Arguing with Don.
(d) The inappropriate behavior with Carmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesar provide for these men?
2. What does Cesar continue to do through the night?
3. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
4. How does this change affect Cesar?
5. Into what does Perez convert the club?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)