|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason why Mariela does not want to leave Cuba?
(a) She trusts Fidel Castro.
(b) She does not want to be near her father.
(c) She is not involved as an artistic director of a ballet company.
(d) She does not want to leave her mother.
2. What does Cesar do to the forty-year-old woman?
(a) He asks her to sing for him.
(b) He tells her she is too old.
(c) He rapes her.
(d) He kicks her out.
3. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) It is the best in the city.
(b) It is very trendy.
(c) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
(d) It is a front for drugs.
4. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
(a) He misses playing.
(b) Music is his therapy.
(c) His brothers in Cuba need financial help.
(d) He needs the money.
5. What is The Club Havana?
(a) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
(b) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(c) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
(d) A popular club in Havana.
6. Where is Cesar's guitar?
(a) Upstairs in Don's apartment.
(b) In the cellar at the restaurant.
(c) At his home.
(d) In the kitchen at the restaurant.
7. What does Cesar teach?
(a) The salsa.
(b) The mambo.
8. About what does Cesar continue to reminisce?
(a) His life in Cuba.
(b) His daughter.
(d) People and events in his life.
9. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He resists them.
(b) He begins to give in.
(c) He gives in.
(d) He laughs at them.
10. Why is the club suffering financial loss?
(a) No one is interested in mambo music.
(b) It suffered a fire.
(c) It did not pass the safety inspection.
(d) Cesar has been too generous.
11. How does Fernando help Cesar?
(a) He convinces Mariela to leave Cuba.
(b) He brings Cesar's brothers to America.
(c) He pays his bills for one month.
(d) He purchases a local Irish pub and turns it into a mambo club.
12. Where do the brothers settle?
(b) New York City.
13. What does Cesar begin to do?
(a) Say goodbye to the people he has loved.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Consider moving.
(d) Save money to buy back the club.
14. What can Cesar not stop?
(a) Being thankful his brother died instead of him.
(b) His alcoholic lifestyle.
(c) Begging his daughter to move to America.
(d) Thinking about Maria.
15. Where does Cesar continue to play?
(a) At bars.
(b) At clubs and restaurants.
(c) In the park.
(d) With the symphony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
2. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
3. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
4. What does Cesar notice about his brothers?
5. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)