|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
(a) He has heard she has a beautiful voice.
(b) He only likes young women.
(c) It is way past time for her to have enjoyed sex.
(d) He is interested in pretty women.
2. For what are these musicians searching?
(b) New lives.
(d) Lessons in the mambo.
3. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
(a) She cannot wait any longer to be married.
(b) She wants revenge.
(c) She tries to prevent him from going out.
(d) She hates him.
4. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
(a) To say hello.
(b) To tell him to turn down his television.
(c) To invite Cesar to a party.
(d) To ask if Cesar has any alcohol he can buy.
5. What theme is very clear in this part?
(a) Certainty in celebrity.
6. Where is Cesar's guitar?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the kitchen at the restaurant.
(c) Upstairs in Don's apartment.
(d) In the cellar at the restaurant.
7. What happens to Celia and Cesar's relationship?
(a) It grows stronger.
(b) It ends.
(c) It gets a little rocky.
(d) It continues in the same manner.
8. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She cheats on him.
(d) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
9. Where does Cesar continue to play?
(a) At clubs and restaurants.
(b) At bars.
(c) With the symphony.
(d) In the park.
10. What leads Cesar to hire Eugenio to help with maintenance at the apartment building?
(b) A new management company.
(c) More work than usual.
(d) New tenants.
11. What is important to Cesar, regarding Eugenio?
(a) He find a good woman to marry.
(b) He not inherit his father's depression.
(c) He know how much Cesar loves him.
(d) That Eugenio inherit his wealth.
12. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
(a) There is a drought.
(b) Most Cubans have left Cuba.
(c) Fidel Castro in the new leader.
(d) A hurricane wiped out many cities.
13. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
(a) Mariela is close with Fidel Castro.
(b) Mariela's stepfather is an official close to the Castro regime.
(c) Mariela's mother is paid very well for her work.
(d) Mariela's stepfather makes a six-figure salary.
14. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
(a) It is no longer his.
(b) It is too exhausting.
(c) He does not care enough about it.
(d) He cannot afford a lawyer.
15. Where does Cesar play most frequently?
(a) The Tree Restaurant.
(b) Joe's Pizzeria.
(c) The Mamey Tree Restaurant.
(d) The Risoteria Restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cesar begin playing music again after his brother's death?
2. What does Cesar teach?
3. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
4. Why is the club suffering financial loss?
5. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)