|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fernando Perez?
(a) The mayor of New York City at the time.
(b) Cesar's best friend.
(c) A notorious gangster in the Latin community in New York City.
(d) Cesar's boss.
2. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
(a) She cannot wait any longer to be married.
(b) She wants revenge.
(c) She tries to prevent him from going out.
(d) She hates him.
3. Why is the club suffering financial loss?
(a) Cesar has been too generous.
(b) No one is interested in mambo music.
(c) It did not pass the safety inspection.
(d) It suffered a fire.
4. Why would Fernando like to help Cesar?
(a) Cesar had shown Fernando kindness when they were younger.
(b) Cesar saves his life.
(c) Fernando owes Cesar money.
(d) Cesar is in desparate need of help.
5. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(b) He does not like mambo music.
(c) He want to venture into something new.
(d) He wants to offend Cesar.
6. Who is confined to a wheelchair?
(a) Eugenio Castillo.
(b) Delores Castillo.
(c) Cesar Castillo.
(d) Don Emilio.
7. About what does Cesar continue to reminisce?
(a) His daughter.
(c) His life in Cuba.
(d) People and events in his life.
8. For what are these musicians searching?
(a) New lives.
(c) Lessons in the mambo.
9. What does The Club Havana do for Cesar?
(a) It energizes his lagging spirits.
(b) It gives him an income.
(c) It gives him a place to play.
(d) It causes stress in his life.
10. Where does Cesar play most frequently?
(a) The Mamey Tree Restaurant.
(b) Joe's Pizzeria.
(c) The Risoteria Restaurant.
(d) The Tree Restaurant.
11. Why is Cesar hospitalized?
(a) His organs are failing.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He cannot stop being violently ill.
(d) He has passed out.
12. What is The Club Havana?
(a) Cesar's club that Fernando had purchased for him.
(b) A country club for the wealthy Cubans.
(c) A popular club in Havana.
(d) A club Cesar had played in as a young man.
13. What theme is very clear in this part?
(b) Certainty in celebrity.
14. Into what does Perez convert the club?
(a) A family restaurant.
(b) A rock and jazz venue.
(c) A retirement home.
(d) A disco club.
15. What does Cesar want for Mariela?
(a) To live with him.
(b) To find a more stable career.
(c) To be released from the strict regime of the revolution.
(d) To stay in Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
2. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
3. What happens to Celia and Cesar's relationship?
4. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
5. Why is Celia frustrated with Cesar?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)