|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar want for Mariela?
(a) To stay in Cuba.
(b) To live with him.
(c) To be released from the strict regime of the revolution.
(d) To find a more stable career.
2. Where does Cesar continue to play?
(a) In the park.
(b) At clubs and restaurants.
(c) With the symphony.
(d) At bars.
3. Where is Cesar's guitar?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the cellar at the restaurant.
(c) In the kitchen at the restaurant.
(d) Upstairs in Don's apartment.
4. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
(a) He cries.
(b) He calls Delores.
(c) He watches him disappear from his life.
(d) He drinks.
5. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
(b) It is very trendy.
(c) It is the best in the city.
(d) It is a front for drugs.
6. Why is Cesar hospitalized?
(a) He has passed out.
(b) He cannot stop being violently ill.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) His organs are failing.
7. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
(a) She wants revenge.
(b) She tries to prevent him from going out.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She cannot wait any longer to be married.
8. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She cheats on him.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
(d) She leaves him.
9. For what does Cesar invite his nephew?
(a) A night out at the clubs.
(b) A performance.
(c) A mambo lesson.
(d) Dinner and drinks.
10. About what does Cesar worry?
(a) Eugenio is lonely.
(b) Eugenio will miss him.
(c) Eugenio has inherited his father's melancholy.
(d) Eugenio is not successful in his career.
11. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
(a) Mariela's mother is paid very well for her work.
(b) Mariela's stepfather makes a six-figure salary.
(c) Mariela's stepfather is an official close to the Castro regime.
(d) Mariela is close with Fidel Castro.
12. What does Cesar provide for these men?
(a) Jobs in the neighborhood.
(b) housing, money and temporary jobs at the club.
(c) Food and a place to stay.
(d) Room and board.
13. What leads Cesar to hire Eugenio to help with maintenance at the apartment building?
(a) More work than usual.
(c) A new management company.
(d) New tenants.
14. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
(a) She is very tall.
(b) He is struck by her beauty.
(c) She is unusual.
(d) She has a strange accent.
15. What does Cesar teach?
(b) The mambo.
(d) The salsa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme is very clear in this part?
2. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
3. What is The Club Havana?
4. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
5. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)