|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesar provide for these men?
(a) Jobs in the neighborhood.
(b) housing, money and temporary jobs at the club.
(c) Food and a place to stay.
(d) Room and board.
2. Where is Cesar's guitar?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the cellar at the restaurant.
(c) Upstairs in Don's apartment.
(d) In the kitchen at the restaurant.
3. Why does Cesar's neighbor knock on his door?
(a) To say hello.
(b) To invite Cesar to a party.
(c) To ask if Cesar has any alcohol he can buy.
(d) To tell him to turn down his television.
4. Why can Cesar not stop what is going on at the club?
(a) It is no longer his.
(b) He cannot afford a lawyer.
(c) He does not care enough about it.
(d) It is too exhausting.
5. What does this woman want?
(a) To meet Cesar's nephew.
(b) To marry Cesar.
(c) To inherit Cesar's money.
(d) To move to Los Angeles.
6. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
(a) He worked with Cesar and Nestor at the meat packing plant.
(b) He used to be in the Mambo Kings' band.
(c) He used to be Cesar and Nestor's roommate.
(d) He is also from Havana.
7. Who enter Cesar's life thrilled to be with the famous Cesar Castillo?
(a) New friends.
(b) Young musicians.
(d) The club owners.
8. In 1967, from where do Cesar's three remaining brothers escape?
9. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(a) Old Mambo King records.
(c) A goodbye card.
(d) A job.
10. What is Cesar's excuse for his actions?
(a) He is interested in pretty women.
(b) He only likes young women.
(c) He has heard she has a beautiful voice.
(d) It is way past time for her to have enjoyed sex.
11. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
(a) Fidel Castro in the new leader.
(b) A hurricane wiped out many cities.
(c) Most Cubans have left Cuba.
(d) There is a drought.
12. Why does Celia do this to Cesar?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She wants revenge.
(c) She cannot wait any longer to be married.
(d) She tries to prevent him from going out.
13. For what are these musicians searching?
(c) New lives.
(d) Lessons in the mambo.
14. What does Cesar learn about the renovated club?
(a) No one is interested in a rock and jazz club.
(b) It is a front for drugs.
(c) It is the best in the city.
(d) It is very trendy.
15. What does Cesar do in his basement workshop?
(a) He watches television.
(b) He teaches Eugenio how to work with wood.
(c) He is building an altar for the neighborhood church.
(d) Mourns the changes which are now running rampant in Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Cesar invite his nephew?
2. Where do the brothers settle?
3. What takes its toll on Cesar?
4. How do Mariela and her mother live comfortably in Cuba?
5. What about the woman next door catches Cesar's attention?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)