|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Cesar continue to reminisce?
(a) His life in Cuba.
(b) People and events in his life.
(d) His daughter.
2. From what is Cesar unable to stop himself?
(b) Arguing with Don.
(c) The inappropriate behavior with Carmen.
3. Who does Cesar host at the club?
(a) Famous mambo players.
(b) Young Cuban musicians.
(c) His old mambo friends.
(d) Young Latino musicians.
4. What is one reason why Mariela does not want to leave Cuba?
(a) She does not want to be near her father.
(b) She trusts Fidel Castro.
(c) She does not want to leave her mother.
(d) She is not involved as an artistic director of a ballet company.
5. What happens to Celia and Cesar's relationship?
(a) It continues in the same manner.
(b) It gets a little rocky.
(c) It ends.
(d) It grows stronger.
6. How does the woman react?
7. Why does Cesar remain in New York City?
(a) He is afraid to move anywhere else.
(b) He has no where else to go.
(c) He cannot afford to move to Miami.
(d) To relive his life through his friends and memories.
8. How does Cesar respond to her efforts?
(a) He laughs at them.
(b) He begins to give in.
(c) He gives in.
(d) He resists them.
9. What does Cesar begin to do?
(a) Consider moving.
(b) Say goodbye to the people he has loved.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Save money to buy back the club.
10. What continues in Cesar's life?
(a) His relationship with Celia.
(b) His love for Delores.
(c) The string of women.
(d) His communication with Eugenio.
11. Why does Perez convert the club?
(a) He wants to recoup his financial losses.
(b) He does not like mambo music.
(c) He want to venture into something new.
(d) He wants to offend Cesar.
12. What does she do to Cesar?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She pushes him into a chair and restrains him with rope.
(c) She cheats on him.
(d) She leaves him.
13. Why is it now difficult to make a living in Cuba?
(a) There is a drought.
(b) Most Cubans have left Cuba.
(c) A hurricane wiped out many cities.
(d) Fidel Castro in the new leader.
14. What does Cesar give Bernardito?
(a) A job.
(b) Old Mambo King records.
(d) A goodbye card.
15. How does Fernando help Cesar?
(a) He brings Cesar's brothers to America.
(b) He convinces Mariela to leave Cuba.
(c) He pays his bills for one month.
(d) He purchases a local Irish pub and turns it into a mambo club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cesar known Bernardito Mendelbaum?
2. What does this woman want?
3. In 1967, from where do Cesar's three remaining brothers escape?
4. What does Cesar do as Eugenio heads home on the subway?
5. Why is Cesar hospitalized?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)