|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nestor because of this?
(a) He has no car.
(b) He is seriously injured.
(c) He has to call a tow truck.
(d) He dies.
2. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
(a) He falls in love with another woman.
(b) Diligently sends letters and gifts to his family.
(c) He writes to Maria.
(d) He forgets about Delores and his children.
3. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
(a) He sends her to presitigious American boarding schools.
(b) He sends money to her mother, so she may attend the best schools.
(c) He does not do much, because he is so busy.
(d) He sends cards and gifts regularly and flies to Havana to see her.
4. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her cousin, Lucas.
(b) Her brother, Marco.
(c) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(d) Her mother, Gabriela.
5. When does Nestor first meet Maria?
(a) In school.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) At a Cuban club.
(d) When she and another man are fighting.
6. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He earns money to send back to his wife.
(b) He seeks joy in his life.
(c) He wants to be in America so desperately.
(d) He tries to make a better life for his family.
7. Who is waiting for the same bus as Nestor?
(a) Maria Suarez.
(b) Delores Fuentes.
(c) Luisa Garcia.
(d) Erika Sanchez.
8. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
(a) It is the path to fortune.
(b) It is the only lifestyle he can imagine.
(c) It does not really appeal to him.
(d) He loves it.
9. What is the most important aspect of being in Julian's band, according to Cesar?
(a) The sense of family.
(b) The girls.
(c) The money earned.
(d) The fame acquired.
10. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
(b) He buys an icecream stand.
(c) He joins the Merchant Marines.
(d) He becomes a maintanence man.
11. What is Cesar's intention?
(a) To watch people play on the beach.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) To drink himself to death.
(d) To direct a new movie.
12. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
(a) He basks in it.
(b) He is plagued by depression.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He loves it but misses his family.
13. How is Cesar known, first in Julian's band?
(a) A cooking sensation.
(b) A Cuban warlord.
(c) The Salsa Tsar.
(d) The Mambo King.
14. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
(a) Lucille Ball.
(b) Desi Arnaz.
(c) Anita Lopez.
(d) Cesar Chavez.
15. How is their performance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
2. What do the Castillos do?
3. What grants Cesar and Nestor instant fame?
4. How does Nestor act in California?
5. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)