|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
(a) She looks very wealthy.
(b) She is also from Havana.
(c) She intelligent, although not very beautiful.
(d) She is intelligent and beautiful.
2. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) A performance.
(b) Huge plates of Cuban food.
(c) A place to stay the night.
(d) An all-American meal.
3. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
(a) Her picture.
(b) A bottle of her perfume.
(c) The sheet music for her song.
(d) A lock of her hair.
4. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
(a) Relax in California's wine country.
(b) To record several songs.
(c) Swim in the Pacific.
(d) To bed as many women as he can.
5. What is Cesar's intention?
(a) To make dinner.
(b) To drink himself to death.
(c) To direct a new movie.
(d) To watch people play on the beach.
6. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
(a) Shy and quiet.
(b) Annoyed and displeased.
(c) Nervous and agitated.
(d) Pleased and surprised.
7. What do the Castillos do?
(a) Buy a pizzeria.
(b) Audition for Broadway.
(c) Perform a song that made them popular.
(d) Work in a factory.
8. Why does Cesar's wife finally leave him?
(a) He invites a girlfriend home.
(b) He has other girlfriends.
(c) One of his girlfriends is pregnant.
(d) He is abusive to her and their daughter.
9. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
(a) Bring her gifts and send her flowers.
(b) Abuse Maria, so she will know who is in charge.
(c) Give up on Maria, because she does not want to marry Nestor.
(d) Keep asking her to marry him.
10. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her cousin, Lucas.
(b) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(c) Her brother, Marco.
(d) Her mother, Gabriela.
11. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(b) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(c) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
(d) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
12. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He seeks joy in his life.
(b) He earns money to send back to his wife.
(c) He wants to be in America so desperately.
(d) He tries to make a better life for his family.
13. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
(a) They begin to argue.
(b) They become inseperable.
(c) They get lost in New York City.
(d) They realize they can only be friends.
14. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(b) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(c) He beds as many women as possible.
(d) He is more wild than Cesar.
15. When does Nestor first meet Maria?
(a) In a coffee shop.
(b) In school.
(c) At a Cuban club.
(d) When she and another man are fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cesar marry?
2. How does Cesar feel about his celebrity?
3. What is realized over drinks?
4. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
5. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)