|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cesar's wife finally leave him?
(a) He invites a girlfriend home.
(b) One of his girlfriends is pregnant.
(c) He has other girlfriends.
(d) He is abusive to her and their daughter.
2. What does Delores's father do every night?
(a) Calls her mother.
(b) Goes to the Cuban clubs.
(c) Reads from his favorite book.
(d) Goes to work as a janitor.
3. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
(a) He is plagued by depression.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He basks in it.
(d) He loves it but misses his family.
4. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(b) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
(c) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(d) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
5. When does Nestor first meet Maria?
(a) In school.
(b) When she and another man are fighting.
(c) In a coffee shop.
(d) At a Cuban club.
6. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
(b) Their managers.
(c) Their bandmates.
(d) The studio.
7. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
(a) Out of habit.
(b) He needs the money.
(c) In memory of his brother.
(d) Out of love for the music.
8. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
(a) Bring her gifts and send her flowers.
(b) Abuse Maria, so she will know who is in charge.
(c) Give up on Maria, because she does not want to marry Nestor.
(d) Keep asking her to marry him.
9. What is Cesar's intention?
(a) To direct a new movie.
(b) To watch people play on the beach.
(c) To make dinner.
(d) To drink himself to death.
10. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) In a director's chair.
(b) In his kitchen.
(c) In the Hotel Splendour.
(d) On the beach.
11. How is their performance?
12. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
(a) They become inseperable.
(b) They realize they can only be friends.
(c) They begin to argue.
(d) They get lost in New York City.
13. Of what is there no hope for Nestor and Maria?
(a) Distance to keep them from wanting to be together.
(b) Their love to end.
(c) Leaving Cuba.
14. Why does he stray from her?
(a) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
(b) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
(c) He no longer loves her.
(d) He loves another woman, named Maria.
15. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) Benny More.
(b) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
(c) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
(d) The owner of the club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
2. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
3. What grants Cesar and Nestor instant fame?
4. What does Cesar do to Delores?
5. What happens to Nestor because of this?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)