Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
(a) He quit the band.
(b) He take a vacation.
(c) He move back to Cuba.
(d) He find more engagements for the band.
2. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He joins the Merchant Marines.
(b) He buys an icecream stand.
(c) He becomes a maintanence man.
(d) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
3. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(b) Her brother, Marco.
(c) Her cousin, Lucas.
(d) Her mother, Gabriela.
4. Why does he stray from her?
(a) He loves another woman, named Maria.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
(d) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
5. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) Being deported back to Havana.
(b) The trouble of getting to America.
(c) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
(d) A harsh government.
6. To where does Maria move?
(a) The other side of Cuba to escape Nestor.
(c) A little house with the man who had been beating her up on the night Nestor came to her rescue.
(d) Back to her family's home, away from Nestor.
7. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
(a) He buys her a meal.
(b) He intervenes during the fight.
(c) He becomes her tutor.
(d) He teaches her how to dance.
8. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
(a) Nervous and agitated.
(b) Pleased and surprised.
(c) Annoyed and displeased.
(d) Shy and quiet.
9. What does Nestor hope a family life will do?
(a) Make him feel more at home in New York City.
(b) Help him settle down.
(c) Erase any traces of Maria from his mind.
(d) Bring him more honor.
10. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
(a) Four hundred.
11. What is realized over drinks?
(a) The owner of the club does not want them to return.
(b) Perez Prado and Tito Puente both played with Julian.
(c) Desi Arnaz is from the same area as the Castillo brothers.
(d) Benny More plays on the "I Love Lucy" show.
12. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) Huge plates of Cuban food.
(b) A place to stay the night.
(c) A performance.
(d) An all-American meal.
13. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
(a) He basks in it.
(b) He is plagued by depression.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He loves it but misses his family.
14. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
(a) He sends money to her mother, so she may attend the best schools.
(b) He does not do much, because he is so busy.
(c) He sends cards and gifts regularly and flies to Havana to see her.
(d) He sends her to presitigious American boarding schools.
15. How is their performance?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
2. How does Nestor act in California?
3. Who does Cesar marry?
4. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
5. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)