|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cesar marry?
2. How is their performance?
3. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
(a) An abusive father.
(b) The rise of the new dictatorship.
(c) A civil war.
4. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
(a) Swim in the Pacific.
(b) Relax in California's wine country.
(c) To record several songs.
(d) To bed as many women as he can.
5. What happens to Nestor because of this?
(a) He has to call a tow truck.
(b) He has no car.
(c) He is seriously injured.
(d) He dies.
6. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) The trouble of getting to America.
(b) A harsh government.
(c) Being deported back to Havana.
(d) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
7. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
(a) Out of love for the music.
(b) He needs the money.
(c) In memory of his brother.
(d) Out of habit.
8. Why does he stray from her?
(a) He loves another woman, named Maria.
(b) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
(c) He no longer loves her.
(d) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
9. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
(a) It is the path to fortune.
(b) It is the only lifestyle he can imagine.
(c) It does not really appeal to him.
(d) He loves it.
10. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(b) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(c) He is more wild than Cesar.
(d) He beds as many women as possible.
11. What grants Cesar and Nestor instant fame?
(a) A performance on the Lawrence Welk Show.
(b) A performance for the President of the United States.
(c) Their performances at New York City night clubs.
(d) Their appearance on the "I Love Lucy" show.
12. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
(a) They work in a meat packing plant.
(b) They sell cars.
(c) They play in a band.
(d) They run a family restaurant.
13. Why are they in this city?
(a) To appear on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(b) To perform in the House of Blues.
(c) To play for a huge British following.
(d) They have been deported.
14. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
(a) She is intelligent and beautiful.
(b) She is also from Havana.
(c) She intelligent, although not very beautiful.
(d) She looks very wealthy.
15. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
(b) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(c) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(d) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
2. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
3. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
4. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
5. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)