|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cesar marry?
2. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
(a) Out of love for the music.
(b) Out of habit.
(c) In memory of his brother.
(d) He needs the money.
3. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
(a) They work in a meat packing plant.
(b) They run a family restaurant.
(c) They sell cars.
(d) They play in a band.
4. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) Huge plates of Cuban food.
(b) An all-American meal.
(c) A performance.
(d) A place to stay the night.
5. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) In a director's chair.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In the Hotel Splendour.
6. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
(a) Four hundred.
7. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
(a) The Imperial Ballroom.
(b) A movie.
(c) The park.
(d) His home.
8. Why are they in this city?
(a) To perform in the House of Blues.
(b) To play for a huge British following.
(c) To appear on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(d) They have been deported.
9. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) Heart trouble.
(b) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
(c) The desire to gamble.
(d) Bouts of depression.
10. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
(a) Her picture.
(b) The sheet music for her song.
(c) A bottle of her perfume.
(d) A lock of her hair.
11. Why does he stray from her?
(a) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He loves another woman, named Maria.
(d) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
12. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
(a) He seeks joy in his life.
(b) He wants to be in America so desperately.
(c) He tries to make a better life for his family.
(d) He earns money to send back to his wife.
13. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
(a) He looks for her everywhere.
(b) He writes a song.
(c) He sends her a letter.
(d) He calls her on the telephone.
14. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(b) He beds as many women as possible.
(c) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(d) He is more wild than Cesar.
15. What question does Maria continually evade?
(a) Nestor's marriage proposal.
(b) If she wants to date Nestor.
(c) If she will move to the United States.
(d) Whether or not she loves Nestor.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
2. Where are the Mambo Kings hugely popular?
3. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
4. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
5. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)