|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) The desire to gamble.
(b) Bouts of depression.
(c) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
(d) Heart trouble.
2. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her brother, Marco.
(b) Her mother, Gabriela.
(c) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(d) Her cousin, Lucas.
3. Why does he stray from her?
(a) He loves another woman, named Maria.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
(d) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
4. What question does Maria continually evade?
(a) If she wants to date Nestor.
(b) Whether or not she loves Nestor.
(c) Nestor's marriage proposal.
(d) If she will move to the United States.
5. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
(d) Los Angeles.
6. What opportunity does Cesar take while in California?
(a) To bed as many women as he can.
(b) Swim in the Pacific.
(c) To record several songs.
(d) Relax in California's wine country.
7. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
(b) He joins the Merchant Marines.
(c) He buys an icecream stand.
(d) He becomes a maintanence man.
8. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
(a) Anita Lopez.
(b) Lucille Ball.
(c) Cesar Chavez.
(d) Desi Arnaz.
9. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
(a) They realize they can only be friends.
(b) They get lost in New York City.
(c) They begin to argue.
(d) They become inseperable.
10. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
(b) A harsh government.
(c) The trouble of getting to America.
(d) Being deported back to Havana.
11. What does Cesar do to Delores?
(a) He finds her a job with the band.
(b) He abuses her.
(c) He makes a pass at her.
(d) He leaves her.
12. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
(a) His desire to go home to Cuba.
(b) Thoughts of Maria.
(c) Thoughts of Delores.
(d) A new song he has written.
13. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
(a) He intervenes during the fight.
(b) He becomes her tutor.
(c) He buys her a meal.
(d) He teaches her how to dance.
14. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a director's chair.
(d) In the Hotel Splendour.
15. Who does Cesar marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
2. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
3. What is realized over drinks?
4. What happens to the DeSoto?
5. Why is Nestor impressed by this girl?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)