|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
(a) He falls in love with another woman.
(b) He forgets about Delores and his children.
(c) Diligently sends letters and gifts to his family.
(d) He writes to Maria.
2. What is the most important aspect of being in Julian's band, according to Cesar?
(a) The fame acquired.
(b) The money earned.
(c) The girls.
(d) The sense of family.
3. What is realized over drinks?
(a) Perez Prado and Tito Puente both played with Julian.
(b) Desi Arnaz is from the same area as the Castillo brothers.
(c) Benny More plays on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(d) The owner of the club does not want them to return.
4. What does Nestor hope a family life will do?
(a) Help him settle down.
(b) Bring him more honor.
(c) Erase any traces of Maria from his mind.
(d) Make him feel more at home in New York City.
5. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
(a) In memory of his brother.
(b) Out of love for the music.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) Out of habit.
6. How is their performance?
7. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
(a) They play in a band.
(b) They sell cars.
(c) They run a family restaurant.
(d) They work in a meat packing plant.
8. Who does Cesar marry?
9. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
(b) Benny More.
(c) The owner of the club.
(d) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
10. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
(d) Los Angeles.
11. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) A harsh government.
(b) The trouble of getting to America.
(c) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
(d) Being deported back to Havana.
12. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her mother, Gabriela.
(b) Her brother, Marco.
(c) Her cousin, Lucas.
(d) Her sister, Ana Maria.
13. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
(a) He move back to Cuba.
(b) He quit the band.
(c) He find more engagements for the band.
(d) He take a vacation.
14. When does Nestor first meet Maria?
(a) In a coffee shop.
(b) At a Cuban club.
(c) In school.
(d) When she and another man are fighting.
15. What happens to the DeSoto?
(a) It is stolen in New Jersey.
(b) It breaks down in the middle of Pennsylvania.
(c) It hits a patch of ice and hits a tree.
(d) The breaks lock, and it hits a telephone pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
2. Why does he stray from her?
3. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
4. Who is waiting for the same bus as Nestor?
5. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)