|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cesar marry?
2. What question does Maria continually evade?
(a) Whether or not she loves Nestor.
(b) If she will move to the United States.
(c) Nestor's marriage proposal.
(d) If she wants to date Nestor.
3. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) Benny More.
(b) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
(c) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
(d) The owner of the club.
4. Of what is there no hope for Nestor and Maria?
(a) Their love to end.
(b) Distance to keep them from wanting to be together.
(d) Leaving Cuba.
5. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
(a) Keep asking her to marry him.
(b) Bring her gifts and send her flowers.
(c) Give up on Maria, because she does not want to marry Nestor.
(d) Abuse Maria, so she will know who is in charge.
6. How is their performance?
7. What happens to the DeSoto?
(a) It breaks down in the middle of Pennsylvania.
(b) The breaks lock, and it hits a telephone pole.
(c) It is stolen in New Jersey.
(d) It hits a patch of ice and hits a tree.
8. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(b) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
(c) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(d) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
9. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
(a) Diligently sends letters and gifts to his family.
(b) He falls in love with another woman.
(c) He forgets about Delores and his children.
(d) He writes to Maria.
10. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
(a) Cesar Chavez.
(b) Anita Lopez.
(c) Desi Arnaz.
(d) Lucille Ball.
11. Why are they in this city?
(a) To perform in the House of Blues.
(b) To appear on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(c) They have been deported.
(d) To play for a huge British following.
12. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
(a) A civil war.
(b) An abusive father.
(d) The rise of the new dictatorship.
13. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
(a) Being deported back to Havana.
(b) The harsh realities of life in New York City.
(c) The trouble of getting to America.
(d) A harsh government.
14. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
(a) In memory of his brother.
(b) He needs the money.
(c) Out of habit.
(d) Out of love for the music.
15. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
(b) Bouts of depression.
(c) The desire to gamble.
(d) Heart trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Mambo Kings hugely popular?
2. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
3. What do the Castillos do?
4. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
5. What is realized over drinks?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)