|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the DeSoto?
(a) It is stolen in New Jersey.
(b) It hits a patch of ice and hits a tree.
(c) The breaks lock, and it hits a telephone pole.
(d) It breaks down in the middle of Pennsylvania.
2. Why are they in this city?
(a) They have been deported.
(b) To appear on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(c) To play for a huge British following.
(d) To perform in the House of Blues.
3. What grants Cesar and Nestor instant fame?
(a) Their appearance on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(b) A performance for the President of the United States.
(c) Their performances at New York City night clubs.
(d) A performance on the Lawrence Welk Show.
4. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
(a) He basks in it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He loves it but misses his family.
(d) He is plagued by depression.
5. What is the most important aspect of being in Julian's band, according to Cesar?
(a) The fame acquired.
(b) The sense of family.
(c) The girls.
(d) The money earned.
6. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(b) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(c) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
(d) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
7. How does Cesar try to help his brother?
(a) He has him put on anti-anxiety medication.
(b) He takes him for massages and herbal cleansings.
(c) He gives him money.
(d) He takes him to a therapist.
8. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
(c) Los Angeles.
9. What does Cesar do soon after returning from Cuba?
(a) He becomes a maintanence man.
(b) He returns to the Mambo Kings.
(c) He buys an icecream stand.
(d) He joins the Merchant Marines.
10. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
(a) The Imperial Ballroom.
(b) A movie.
(c) The park.
(d) His home.
11. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) A place to stay the night.
(b) Huge plates of Cuban food.
(c) A performance.
(d) An all-American meal.
12. Who pays for Cesar and Nestor while they are in town?
(a) Their managers.
(b) The studio.
(d) Their bandmates.
13. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
(a) He move back to Cuba.
(b) He take a vacation.
(c) He quit the band.
(d) He find more engagements for the band.
14. What can Nestor not get out of his head?
(a) A new song he has written.
(b) Thoughts of Delores.
(c) Thoughts of Maria.
(d) His desire to go home to Cuba.
15. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(b) Her brother, Marco.
(c) Her mother, Gabriela.
(d) Her cousin, Lucas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Mambo Kings hugely popular?
2. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
3. What does Delores's father do every night?
4. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
5. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)