|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cesar marry?
2. What is realized over drinks?
(a) Perez Prado and Tito Puente both played with Julian.
(b) Desi Arnaz is from the same area as the Castillo brothers.
(c) Benny More plays on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(d) The owner of the club does not want them to return.
3. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a director's chair.
(d) In the Hotel Splendour.
4. What does Delores prepare for the guests?
(a) An all-American meal.
(b) A place to stay the night.
(c) A performance.
(d) Huge plates of Cuban food.
5. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
(a) Fame and fortune.
(b) Love and family.
(c) Friends and fans.
(d) Money and power.
6. How does Nestor feel about his celebrity?
(a) He basks in it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He is plagued by depression.
(d) He loves it but misses his family.
7. Why are they in this city?
(a) To appear on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(b) To perform in the House of Blues.
(c) To play for a huge British following.
(d) They have been deported.
8. Why does he stray from her?
(a) His Latin masculinity, claiming infidelity is the right of the Cuban man.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He loves another woman, named Maria.
(d) She has betrayed him, and he wants to get revenge.
9. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
(a) An abusive father.
(c) The rise of the new dictatorship.
(d) A civil war.
10. To where does Nestor invite the girl?
(a) The Imperial Ballroom.
(b) A movie.
(c) His home.
(d) The park.
11. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
(a) Anita Lopez.
(b) Lucille Ball.
(c) Cesar Chavez.
(d) Desi Arnaz.
12. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
(a) Nervous and agitated.
(b) Shy and quiet.
(c) Annoyed and displeased.
(d) Pleased and surprised.
13. What question does Maria continually evade?
(a) Whether or not she loves Nestor.
(b) Nestor's marriage proposal.
(c) If she will move to the United States.
(d) If she wants to date Nestor.
14. How many times does Nestor "Beautiful Maria of My Soul?"
(d) Four hundred.
15. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
(a) Read books.
(c) Go to night school.
(d) Go out dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important aspect of being in Julian's band, according to Cesar?
2. What do the Castillos do?
3. How is their performance?
4. Why does Delores's father leave Cuba and his wife?
5. How does Nestor act in California?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)