|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is there no hope for Nestor and Maria?
(a) Leaving Cuba.
(b) Distance to keep them from wanting to be together.
(d) Their love to end.
2. To where does Maria move?
(a) A little house with the man who had been beating her up on the night Nestor came to her rescue.
(b) The other side of Cuba to escape Nestor.
(c) Back to her family's home, away from Nestor.
3. Where are the Mambo Kings hugely popular?
(a) Chicago clubs.
(b) Los Angeles clubs.
(c) Miami clubs.
(d) New York City clubs.
4. Who is waiting for the same bus as Nestor?
(a) Luisa Garcia.
(b) Erika Sanchez.
(c) Maria Suarez.
(d) Delores Fuentes.
5. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
(a) Two cousins who come to America from Haiti.
(b) Two brothers who leave America for Costa Rica.
(c) Two cousins living in Puerto Rico.
(d) Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
6. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) The owner of the club.
(b) Benny More.
(c) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
(d) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
7. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
(a) Bring her gifts and send her flowers.
(b) Abuse Maria, so she will know who is in charge.
(c) Keep asking her to marry him.
(d) Give up on Maria, because she does not want to marry Nestor.
8. By what is Cesar plagued?
(a) Heart trouble.
(b) Melancholy in the loss of his daughter, who lives with her mother in Havana.
(c) The desire to gamble.
(d) Bouts of depression.
9. What happens to Nestor because of this?
(a) He has no car.
(b) He is seriously injured.
(c) He has to call a tow truck.
(d) He dies.
10. Who does Cesar marry?
11. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
(b) The rise of the new dictatorship.
(c) An abusive father.
(d) A civil war.
12. Who eventually joins Delores and her father?
(a) Her cousin, Lucas.
(b) Her sister, Ana Maria.
(c) Her brother, Marco.
(d) Her mother, Gabriela.
13. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
(a) Annoyed and displeased.
(b) Nervous and agitated.
(c) Pleased and surprised.
(d) Shy and quiet.
14. Where do Cesar and Nestor find themselves few months later?
(c) Los Angeles.
15. What does Delores usually do in the evenings?
(a) Read books.
(c) Go to night school.
(d) Go out dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
2. What is realized over drinks?
3. What is Cesar's intention?
4. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
5. How is their performance?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)