|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nestor carry with him always as a reminder of Maria?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A bottle of her perfume.
(c) The sheet music for her song.
(d) Her picture.
2. What does Nestor do to help Maria?
(a) He intervenes during the fight.
(b) He becomes her tutor.
(c) He teaches her how to dance.
(d) He buys her a meal.
3. Who greets the Mambo Kings at the Mambo Nine Club?
(a) Desi Arnaz and his wife, Lucille Ball.
(b) Benny More.
(c) Perez Prado and Tito Puente.
(d) The owner of the club.
4. Why does Nestor marry Delores?
(a) Out of duty.
(b) She is his best friend.
(c) Out of love.
(d) He loves her more than he loved Maria.
5. What happens to Delores and Nestor?
(a) They begin to argue.
(b) They become inseperable.
(c) They realize they can only be friends.
(d) They get lost in New York City.
6. To where does Maria move?
(b) A little house with the man who had been beating her up on the night Nestor came to her rescue.
(c) The other side of Cuba to escape Nestor.
(d) Back to her family's home, away from Nestor.
7. Why are they in this city?
(a) To play for a huge British following.
(b) They have been deported.
(c) To appear on the "I Love Lucy" show.
(d) To perform in the House of Blues.
8. What happens to the DeSoto?
(a) It breaks down in the middle of Pennsylvania.
(b) The breaks lock, and it hits a telephone pole.
(c) It is stolen in New Jersey.
(d) It hits a patch of ice and hits a tree.
9. How is their performance?
10. How does Delores feel about the celebrities in her home?
(a) Nervous and agitated.
(b) Annoyed and displeased.
(c) Pleased and surprised.
(d) Shy and quiet.
11. How does Nestor act in California?
(a) He stays in the hotel room the entire time.
(b) He does not stray from his marriage vows, due to a sense of duty to Delores.
(c) He is more wild than Cesar.
(d) He beds as many women as possible.
12. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) In the Hotel Splendour.
(c) In a director's chair.
(d) On the beach.
13. What does Cesar do for his daughter?
(a) He does not do much, because he is so busy.
(b) He sends her to presitigious American boarding schools.
(c) He sends money to her mother, so she may attend the best schools.
(d) He sends cards and gifts regularly and flies to Havana to see her.
14. What do the other band members suggest to Cesar?
(a) He quit the band.
(b) He take a vacation.
(c) He move back to Cuba.
(d) He find more engagements for the band.
15. What is Cesar's intention?
(a) To make dinner.
(b) To watch people play on the beach.
(c) To drink himself to death.
(d) To direct a new movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor do for a girl he once love?
2. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?
3. What does Nestor do as he travels around the country?
4. What kind of advice does Cesar give Nestor?
5. Why does Cesar keep the Mambo Kings together?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)