Short Answer Key
1. Who are Cesar and Nestor Castillo?
Two brothers who come to America from Cuba.
2. Where does the story begin?
New York City.
3. What do the Castillos do?
Perform a song that made them popular.
4. With whom is Nestor standing in all their youthful prowess?
5. Where is Cesar sitting as the story switches perspective?
In the Hotel Splendour.
6. What is Cesar's intention?
To drink himself to death.
7. What do Cesar and Nestor escape in 1949?
An abusive father.
8. For what are the Castillos unprepared after leaving Havana?
The harsh realities of life in New York City.
9. What job do Cesar and Nestor have during the day?
They work in a meat packing plant.
10. What does Pablo say makes a man happy?
Love and family.
11. How does Nestor feel about the New York City nightlife?...
This section contains 2,138 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)