|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Katrin have with the writing materials before she gets charged?
2. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
3. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
4. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
5. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
2. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
3. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
4. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
5. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
6. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
7. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
8. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
9. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
10. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Life is often about learning lessons and throughout the book, the children learn many valuable lessons. Explain two to three lessons the children learn and how they grow from such experiences.
Essay Topic 2
Education plays an important role throughout the book. Mama values education and wants the best for her children. Why is education so important to Mama and do the children feel the same way about education? How do Mama and Papa show the reader how much they value education? Provide examples.
Essay Topic 3
Mama has high expectations for her children, but also shows each of them unconditional love. What makes Mama a good parent?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)