|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
2. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
3. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
4. What does Katrin mean when she says, "It is something within me, Mama. Right here!"?
5. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
2. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
3. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
4. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
5. How does Mama save the day at the reception?
6. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
7. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
8. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
9. Does Katrin enjoy her first day at Winford?
10. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of savings accounts and banks are important throughout the book. Although the book is called "Mama's Bank Account" the family rarely mentions either account. Compare and contrast Mama's Bank Account and The Little Bank and explain why the author does not mention the accounts very much, but chooses to title the book after one of them.
Essay Topic 2
Mama has high expectations for her children, but also shows each of them unconditional love. What makes Mama a good parent?
Essay Topic 3
The family met the Martin family towards the end of the book and were disgusted at how they treated one another. In what ways were the families different? Which family would you rather be a part of and why?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)