|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prays every morning so Katrin will hopefully get the money she needs?
2. What does Mama really do with the check?
3. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
5. Who tells Katrin she is "getting away with murder"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
2. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
3. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
4. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
5. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
6. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
7. Does Katrin enjoy her first day at Winford?
8. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
9. Why is the attic a special place for Katrin?
10. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
Essay Topic 1
Mama has high expectations for her children, but also shows each of them unconditional love. What makes Mama a good parent?
Essay Topic 2
Mama values family above anything. How does she show her love of her family throughout the book, even when times are rough or she is frustrated with her family?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the family lives in three different homes. Discuss the three homes by comparing their similarities and differences, and determine which home was most important to the family.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)