|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
2. Where does Mama put the wine during the reception?
3. Who leaves Mama a check?
4. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
5. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
2. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
3. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
4. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
5. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
6. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
7. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
8. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
9. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
10. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
Essay Topic 1
Uncle Chris is a man who is disliked by much of his family for his strict and mean-hearted ways. When Uncle Chris passes, the family realizes that he may not have been as evil as they all thought. How was Uncle Chris' story ironic, and would the family have had different feelings towards him if they would have known the truth about him when he was alive?
Essay Topic 2
Mama has high expectations for her children, but also shows each of them unconditional love. What makes Mama a good parent?
Essay Topic 3
Why is school so important to Mama and Papa? Would they be proud of their children if they chose not to go to school?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)