|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
2. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
3. What is the shared name of all three of Carmelita's brothers?
4. How is Arne related to the narrator?
5. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
2. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
3. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
4. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
5. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
6. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
7. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
8. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
9. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
10. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
Essay Topic 1
Is Katrin a good girl or a bad girl? What types of things does she do throughout the book to make her good or bad?
Essay Topic 2
Nels, Dagmar, and Katrin each have passions. Whether it be medicine, writing, or animals, Mama always supports these passions. Explain how Mama allowed each to grow their passions throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Mama values family above anything. How does she show her love of her family throughout the book, even when times are rough or she is frustrated with her family?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)