|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child loves animals?
2. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
(b) A horse.
(c) High heels.
(d) Diamond earrings.
3. Who is Frank?
(a) Mama's brother.
(b) Christine's husband.
(c) A boarder.
(d) Katrin's husband.
4. Where does Christine leave her weekly wages?
(a) On the fireplace mantle.
(b) In her purse.
(c) On the kitchen table.
(d) In Mama's bank account.
5. What does Mama promise to the woman to cover the $75 she is short for the surgery?
(a) A year's worth of cooking.
(b) Her silver broch.
(c) A carpenter to do the surgeon's home renovations.
(d) A room in the boardinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
2. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
3. How much does the person Mama goes to see want to charge for the surgery?
4. Which child wants to become a nurse?
5. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
2. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
3. Why does Katrin want a graduation present?
4. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
5. How are the boarders "part of the family"?
6. Why does Papa tell Mr. Kenmore he can not go flying?
7. How is the Martin family different from Mama's family?
8. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
9. How is Mama able to afford Katrin's graduation present?
10. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)