|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(a) The specialist.
(b) Dr. Johnson.
(c) Aunt Jenny.
2. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
(d) A Blanket.
3. Why does Mr. Schiller leave the store for one hour every day?
(a) To take a walk.
(b) To take a nap.
(c) To buy supplies for the store.
(d) To go home for lunch.
4. Who is the first child to get married?
5. What gift does Katrin end up getting from the family for her graduation?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A silver broach.
(c) A watch.
(d) A pink dresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mama recall stealing from Aunt Jenny as a young woman?
2. What kind of candy does Mr. Grady bring the women every week?
3. Why does Cora not want Nels to become a doctor?
4. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
5. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mama shaking until she finds out Christine is going to be fine?
2. Why does Papa tell Mr. Kenmore he can not go flying?
3. How is the Martin family different from Mama's family?
4. Why does Cora call Nels "Nelson"?
5. Why does Katrin want a graduation present?
6. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
7. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
8. What does Katrin enjoy her job at the drugstore?
9. Why do the aunts and uncles give Mama money before she asks them for help?
10. Why does Papa pretend to be lazy about his household chores?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)