|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the carpenter Mama promises will do the work?
(a) Uncle Chris.
(d) Uncle Peter.
2. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
(a) Dr. Francis.
(b) Dr. Beauchamp.
(c) Dr. Johnson.
(d) Dr. Hester.
3. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
(d) A Blanket.
4. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Nels is not going to date Cora any longer.
(b) Nels decides to work for Mr. Martin.
(c) Cora is pregnant.
(d) Nels and Cora are engaged.
5. Which child is honored with a medal for outstanding achievement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
2. What does Cora call Nels?
3. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
4. Why is Christine in the hospital?
5. What did Mama recall stealing from Aunt Jenny as a young woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Papa pretend to be lazy about his household chores?
2. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
3. Why do the aunts and uncles give Mama money before she asks them for help?
4. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
5. Why is Mama shaking until she finds out Christine is going to be fine?
6. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
7. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
8. Why does Mrs. Beauchamp handle Dr. Beauchamp's accounting needs?
9. What is Aunt Elna's favorite thing to do?
10. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)