|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
2. Which child wants to become a nurse?
3. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(b) Needing home repairs.
(c) Needing a place to live.
(d) Needing a cook.
4. What kind of animal is Thor?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A cow.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bull.
5. Why is Christine upset?
(a) Katrin is mean to her.
(b) She thinks she is going to die.
(c) She is worried about Mama.
(d) Her baby died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
2. Where does Katrin plan to work over her vacation?
3. Which family member has never been admitted into a hospital?
4. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
5. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
2. Why does Mrs. Beauchamp handle Dr. Beauchamp's accounting needs?
3. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
4. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
5. Why is Mama understanding when Katrin tells her that she has stolen candy from the drugstore?
6. How does Mama help Aunt Elna and Aunt Jenny?
7. Why does Papa pretend to be lazy about his household chores?
8. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
9. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
10. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)