|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Fix it.
(c) Bury it in the backyard.
(d) Take it to the doctor.
2. What is Mr. Kenmore's Sunday hobby?
(a) Playing piano.
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Flying planes.
3. What is the chosen career path for Katrin?
4. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
(a) Hershey's bars.
(b) Hoeffler's centennials.
(c) Tootsie Rolls.
(d) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
5. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do with Christine's hospital food?
2. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
3. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
4. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
5. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Beauchamp angry when she discovers who the carpenter is?
2. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
3. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
4. How is Mama able to afford Katrin's graduation present?
5. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
6. What is Aunt Elna's favorite thing to do?
7. Why does Mama go flying?
8. Why do the aunts and uncles give Mama money before she asks them for help?
9. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
10. Why does Cora call Nels "Nelson"?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)