|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama buy Christine a plaid dress?
(a) To persuade her to go to school.
(b) To celebrate her graduation.
(c) To celebrate her hard work.
(d) To thank her for not going to high school.
2. Where has Christine found a job?
(a) A train station.
(b) A library.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An overall factory.
3. What school club does Christine lead?
4. Who asks, "Now truly, indeed, do you have Peder?"
(b) Aunt Elna.
(d) Aunt Marta.
5. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(b) The specialist.
(c) Aunt Jenny.
(d) Dr. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
2. Who is the first child to get married?
3. Why is the cat's name changed to "Uncle Elizabeth"?
4. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
5. What game is Mrs. Martin planning to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
2. Why is Mama shaking until she finds out Christine is going to be fine?
3. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
4. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
5. How does Mama barter with Mrs. Beauchamp to pay for the surgery?
6. Why do the aunts and uncles come over when Papa goes to the hospital?
7. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
8. Why does Cora call Nels "Nelson"?
9. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
10. How is Mama able to afford Katrin's graduation present?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)