|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He is stolen.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He survives.
2. What does Cora call Nels?
3. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
(a) Tootsie Rolls.
(b) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
(c) Hershey's bars.
(d) Hoeffler's centennials.
4. Which aunt is having trouble keeping boarders?
(a) Aunt Jenny.
(b) Aunt Trina.
(c) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Elna.
5. Why is Katrin fired from her job?
(a) For messing up an order.
(b) For lying to a customer.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For being lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa joke about when he returns home from the hospital?
2. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
3. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
4. What kind of animal is Thor?
5. Which child wants to become a nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
2. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
3. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
4. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
5. How is the Martin family different from Mama's family?
6. Why does Cora call Nels "Nelson"?
7. How does Mama help Aunt Elna and Aunt Jenny?
8. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
9. Why do the aunts and uncles give Mama money before she asks them for help?
10. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)