|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
(d) Mrs. Schiller.
2. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
(a) 5 children.
(b) 6 children.
(c) 3 children.
(d) 4 children.
3. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
4. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) San Francisco County.
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Joseph.
(d) Catholic General.
5. What happens to Papa in the kitchen before Dr. Johnson comes over?
(a) He falls out of the chair.
(b) He slouches over.
(c) He burns his arm.
(d) His head starts to bleed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Martins' sons?
2. Where has Christine found a job?
3. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
4. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
5. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrin want a graduation present?
2. Why does Mama go flying?
3. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
4. Why does Papa pretend to be lazy about his household chores?
5. Why does Peder marry a woman from Oslo instead of Elna?
6. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
7. Why does Christine come back to San Francisco to have her baby?
8. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
9. Why is Mama understanding when Katrin tells her that she has stolen candy from the drugstore?
10. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)