|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
2. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
(a) Junk food.
(c) Rabbit food.
3. What are the first names of the two new renters in Chapter 10?
(a) Sam and Ann.
(b) Sam and George.
(c) Ann and Peter.
(d) Jenny and Peter.
4. Where does Katrin put the empty boxes?
(a) She throws them into an abandoned area.
(b) She hides them under the shelves.
(c) She shreds them.
(d) She takes them home.
5. Who is the first child to get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is Thor?
2. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What adult drink does Papa let Katrin have at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What area of study does Nels focus on?
5. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
2. What does Katrin enjoy her job at the drugstore?
3. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
4. Why is Mama shaking until she finds out Christine is going to be fine?
5. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
6. Why does Mama go flying?
7. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
8. Why does Papa tell Mr. Kenmore he can not go flying?
9. Why does Katrin want a graduation present?
10. Why does Christine come back to San Francisco to have her baby?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)