|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person is not a boarder at the Steiner Street house?
(a) Mrs. Karboe.
(b) Mr. Clark.
(c) Mr. Lewis.
(d) Mr. Stanton.
2. What did Mama ask the other children after Dagmar went to bed?
(a) How to kill a cat.
(b) How to bury a cat.
(c) Where to take the cat before Dagmar woke up.
(d) Where to buy a new cat.
3. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 10 days.
4. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Uncle Charles.
(c) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Uncle Ole.
5. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
(a) The boarders fasted on Sundays.
(b) The family wants to save money.
(c) The family runs out of food every Sunday.
(d) It is a family day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is Thor?
2. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
3. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
4. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
5. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
2. Why does Mrs. Beauchamp handle Dr. Beauchamp's accounting needs?
3. Why does Katrin want a graduation present?
4. Why is Mama understanding when Katrin tells her that she has stolen candy from the drugstore?
5. What is Aunt Elna's favorite thing to do?
6. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
7. What does Katrin enjoy her job at the drugstore?
8. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
9. Why do the aunts and uncles give Mama money before she asks them for help?
10. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)