|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) San Francisco County.
(b) Catholic General.
(c) St. Joseph.
(d) St. Francis.
2. What does Mama do with Christine's hospital food?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Gives it to a nurse.
(c) Throws it out.
(d) Feeds it to Christine.
3. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
(a) To stay with Papa.
(b) For Papa to have his own room.
(c) To have a religous doctor.
(d) To get care for free.
4. What are the first names of the two new renters in Chapter 10?
(a) Jenny and Peter.
(b) Ann and Peter.
(c) Sam and George.
(d) Sam and Ann.
5. What does Mama promise to the woman to cover the $75 she is short for the surgery?
(a) A year's worth of cooking.
(b) A carpenter to do the surgeon's home renovations.
(c) Her silver broch.
(d) A room in the boardinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child is honored with a medal for outstanding achievement?
2. Which aunt has gossip about their old Aunt Elna?
3. Who asks, "Now truly, indeed, do you have Peder?"
4. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
5. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
2. Why do the aunts and uncles come over when Papa goes to the hospital?
3. Why does Peder marry a woman from Oslo instead of Elna?
4. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
5. How does Mama help Aunt Elna and Aunt Jenny?
6. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
7. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
8. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
9. How are the boarders "part of the family"?
10. What does Katrin enjoy her job at the drugstore?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)