|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
(a) They have dinner plans.
(b) She is not hungry.
(c) They are seeing a ballet.
(d) They are playing tennis.
2. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
3. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
(a) To get care for free.
(b) To stay with Papa.
(c) For Papa to have his own room.
(d) To have a religous doctor.
4. Where does Katrin plan to work over her vacation?
(a) The diner.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The candy shop.
(d) The drugstore.
5. What happens to Papa at the City Hall job?
(a) He falls off a ladder.
(b) He is hit in the head.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He passes out from heat exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Christine found a job?
2. Why is Katrin fired from her job?
3. How much does the person Mama goes to see want to charge for the surgery?
4. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
5. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Papa pretend to be lazy about his household chores?
2. How is Mama able to afford Katrin's graduation present?
3. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
4. How are the boarders "part of the family"?
5. Why does Papa tell Mr. Kenmore he can not go flying?
6. Why does Peder marry a woman from Oslo instead of Elna?
7. Why does Cora call Nels "Nelson"?
8. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
9. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
10. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)