|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Nels decides to work for Mr. Martin.
(b) Nels and Cora are engaged.
(c) Nels is not going to date Cora any longer.
(d) Cora is pregnant.
2. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He survives.
(b) He is stolen.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He runs away.
3. What kind of candy does Mr. Grady bring the women every week?
4. What does Mama try to do to the cat?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Fix it.
(c) Give it away.
(d) Lose it.
5. Who is Frank?
(a) Christine's husband.
(b) Mama's brother.
(c) A boarder.
(d) Katrin's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
2. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
3. What does Peder return with after one week in Oslo?
4. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
5. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aunt Elna's favorite thing to do?
2. Why is Mrs. Beauchamp angry when she discovers who the carpenter is?
3. Why is Mama understanding when Katrin tells her that she has stolen candy from the drugstore?
4. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
5. Why does Peder marry a woman from Oslo instead of Elna?
6. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
7. How are the boarders "part of the family"?
8. Why is Mama shaking until she finds out Christine is going to be fine?
9. Why does Mrs. Beauchamp handle Dr. Beauchamp's accounting needs?
10. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)