|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing a place to live.
(b) Needing a cook.
(c) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(d) Needing home repairs.
2. What activity does Papa dream of doing?
3. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
(a) They are playing tennis.
(b) She is not hungry.
(c) They have dinner plans.
(d) They are seeing a ballet.
4. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
5. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game is Mrs. Martin planning to play?
2. What is Mr. Kenmore's Sunday hobby?
3. What are the first names of the two new renters in Chapter 10?
4. What school club does Christine lead?
5. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama go flying?
2. Why do the aunts and uncles come over when Papa goes to the hospital?
3. Why does Christine come back to San Francisco to have her baby?
4. What does Katrin enjoy her job at the drugstore?
5. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
6. Why is Mama shaking until she finds out Christine is going to be fine?
7. Why does Cora call Nels "Nelson"?
8. Why does Papa pretend to be lazy about his household chores?
9. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
10. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)