|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Aunt Elna betrothed to?
2. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
3. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
(a) Dr. Francis.
(b) Dr. Beauchamp.
(c) Dr. Hester.
(d) Dr. Johnson.
4. What are the first names of the two new renters in Chapter 10?
(a) Jenny and Peter.
(b) Ann and Peter.
(c) Sam and George.
(d) Sam and Ann.
5. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
(a) A watch.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pink dresser.
(d) A silver brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
3. In Chapter 9, what part of Papa is hurting him?
4. What kind of candy does Mr. Grady bring the women every week?
5. Why is Christine upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Beauchamp angry when she discovers who the carpenter is?
2. Why do the aunts and uncles come over when Papa goes to the hospital?
3. How are the boarders "part of the family"?
4. Why does Christine come back to San Francisco to have her baby?
5. Why does Cora call Nels "Nelson"?
6. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
7. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
8. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
9. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
10. How is Mama able to afford Katrin's graduation present?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)