|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
2. What happens to Papa at the City Hall job?
(a) He passes out from heat exhaustion.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He falls off a ladder.
(d) He is hit in the head.
3. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
(a) They are playing tennis.
(b) She is not hungry.
(c) They have dinner plans.
(d) They are seeing a ballet.
4. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
(b) Mrs. Schiller.
5. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
(a) It is a family day.
(b) The boarders fasted on Sundays.
(c) The family wants to save money.
(d) The family runs out of food every Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two men are doctors?
2. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
3. What does Mama do with Christine's hospital food?
4. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
5. Who drops out of school to work at a five-and-dime?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mama able to afford Katrin's graduation present?
2. Why is Mama understanding when Katrin tells her that she has stolen candy from the drugstore?
3. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
4. Why do the aunts and uncles come over when Papa goes to the hospital?
5. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
6. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
7. Why does Mama go flying?
8. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
9. Why does Christine come back to San Francisco to have her baby?
10. How is the Martin family different from Mama's family?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)