|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area of study does Nels focus on?
(a) Law School.
(b) Teaching School.
(c) Technical school.
(d) Medical School.
2. Which family member has never been admitted into a hospital?
3. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
4. What game is Mrs. Martin planning to play?
5. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Miss Durant?
2. Why is Katrin fired from her job?
3. Who is Frank?
4. Who is the carpenter Mama promises will do the work?
5. Why is Christine upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
2. What is Aunt Elna's favorite thing to do?
3. Why do the aunts and uncles give Mama money before she asks them for help?
4. How is the Martin family different from Mama's family?
5. Why does Christine come back to San Francisco to have her baby?
6. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
7. Why does Katrin want a graduation present?
8. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
9. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
10. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)