|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
(a) A dog.
(b) A watch.
(c) A pink dresser.
(d) A silver brooch.
2. Which aunt has gossip about their old Aunt Elna?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Jenny.
3. In Chapter 9, what part of Papa is hurting him?
(a) His back.
(b) His head.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His arm.
4. What adult drink does Papa let Katrin have at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
(a) The Old Hole.
(b) The Dungeon.
(c) Glory Hole.
(d) Old Glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
2. What school club does Christine lead?
3. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
4. Why is Katrin fired from her job?
5. Why does Mama buy Christine a plaid dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Papa pretend to be lazy about his household chores?
2. Why do the aunts and uncles come over when Papa goes to the hospital?
3. Why do the aunts and uncles give Mama money before she asks them for help?
4. Why is Mama shaking until she finds out Christine is going to be fine?
5. Why does Mama go flying?
6. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
7. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
8. How does Mama barter with Mrs. Beauchamp to pay for the surgery?
9. How are the boarders "part of the family"?
10. Why does Katrin want a graduation present?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)