|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
(a) Rabbit food.
(b) Junk food.
2. Which family member has never been admitted into a hospital?
3. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
4. What type of cookies does Aunt Elna love to make?
(a) Chocolate chip.
5. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Nels and Cora are engaged.
(b) Nels decides to work for Mr. Martin.
(c) Nels is not going to date Cora any longer.
(d) Cora is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cora not want Nels to become a doctor?
2. What gift does Katrin end up getting from the family for her graduation?
3. Who is Frank?
4. What does Mama do with Christine's hospital food?
5. Why is Christine upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Beauchamp angry when she discovers who the carpenter is?
2. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
3. How are the boarders "part of the family"?
4. Why does Papa tell Mr. Kenmore he can not go flying?
5. Why can Mama comfort Christine when Nels and Frank can not?
6. Why is Mama understanding when Katrin tells her that she has stolen candy from the drugstore?
7. Why is Katrin upset when she learns how Mama has paid for her graduation present?
8. What is Aunt Elna's favorite thing to do?
9. How does Mama help Aunt Elna and Aunt Jenny?
10. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)