|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the first names of the two new renters in Chapter 10?
(a) Ann and Peter.
(b) Sam and Ann.
(c) Sam and George.
(d) Jenny and Peter.
2. What gift does Katrin end up getting from the family for her graduation?
(a) A watch.
(b) A pink dresser.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A silver broach.
3. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To buy cat food.
(b) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(c) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
(d) To buy candy.
4. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
5. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christine leave her weekly wages?
2. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
3. Which of these was not something the cat is suffering from?
4. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
5. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mama help Aunt Elna and Aunt Jenny?
2. Why does Mrs. Beauchamp handle Dr. Beauchamp's accounting needs?
3. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
4. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
5. Why does Mama try to kill Uncle Elizabeth?
6. What makes Uncle Elizabeth such an odd cat?
7. Why is Mama upset with Christine's choice to work?
8. What does Katrin enjoy her job at the drugstore?
9. Why is Mrs. Beauchamp angry when she discovers who the carpenter is?
10. Why does Christine come back to San Francisco to have her baby?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)