|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Papa at the City Hall job?
(a) He is hit in the head.
(b) He falls off a ladder.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He passes out from heat exhaustion.
2. Who does Aunt Elna end up moving in with?
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(c) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Marta.
3. What kind of animal is Thor?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bull.
(c) A cow.
(d) A stallion.
4. What does Mama try to do to the cat?
(a) Fix it.
(b) Give it away.
(c) Lose it.
(d) Kill it.
5. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing a place to live.
(b) Needing home repairs.
(c) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(d) Needing a cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
2. Which child wants to become a nurse?
3. What does Aunt Marta and Uncle Ole bring the children while Papa is at the hospital?
4. Why does Cora not want Nels to become a doctor?
5. What does Mama do with Christine's hospital food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christine want to work instead of continuing her education?
2. How is Mama able to afford Katrin's graduation present?
3. What is Aunt Elna's favorite thing to do?
4. What does Katrin enjoy her job at the drugstore?
5. Why does Mrs. Beauchamp handle Dr. Beauchamp's accounting needs?
6. Why is Mrs. Beauchamp angry when she discovers who the carpenter is?
7. Why do the aunts and uncles come over when Papa goes to the hospital?
8. Why does Mama think it is bad for Dagmar to think Mama performed a miracle?
9. Why does Katrin get fired from her job?
10. Why does Nels break up with Cora?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)