|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) An old man.
(b) The black Norwegian.
(c) The Scottish man.
(d) The German.
2. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Wash the clothes.
(b) Mop the floors.
(c) Milk the goats.
(d) Plant a vegetable garden.
3. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
(a) Aunt Trina.
4. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A mop.
(d) A book.
5. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
(a) The girls can read magazines.
(b) They can play with makeup.
(c) They can see a baby.
(d) She always has fresh cake to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
2. Who prays every morning so Katrin will hopefully get the money she needs?
3. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
4. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What is the shared name of all three of Carmelita's brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
2. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
3. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
4. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
5. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
6. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
7. Does Katrin enjoy her first day at Winford?
8. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
9. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
10. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)