|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Hester plan to bring to the reception?
(a) A silver tea service.
(b) A fur coat.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
3. What is the name of the first boarder the family had at the Steiner Street house?
(a) Mister Ann.
(b) Miss Durant.
(c) Miss Grimes.
(d) Miss Karboe.
4. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It keeps one warm.
(b) It adds years to one's life.
(c) It is for good health.
(d) It is good for the stomach.
5. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Washing with a rag.
(b) Mopping with a floor mop.
(c) Scrubbing with a brush.
(d) Sweeping with a broom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Durant like to eat her vegetables?
2. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
3. Why is Katrin upset with her classmates during the reception?
4. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
5. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
2. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
3. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
4. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
5. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
6. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
7. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
8. How is the family able to afford the Steiner Street house?
9. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
10. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)