|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
2. Where does Mama put the wine during the reception?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the garbage can.
(c) In her purse.
(d) In Miss Grimes' office.
3. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Mr. Hyde.
(d) Uncle Chris.
4. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
5. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The German.
(b) The black Norwegian.
(c) An old man.
(d) The Scottish man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katrin see the janitress?
2. What is the name of Christine's hiding place?
3. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
4. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
5. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
2. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
3. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
4. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
5. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
6. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
7. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
8. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
9. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
10. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)