|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
(a) Nels' wages.
(b) Mama's Bank Account.
(c) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(d) The Little Bank.
2. What does Christine bring to school to give Katrin during the reception?
(d) Rain gear.
3. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(b) A new house.
(c) Books for the children.
(d) A new coat.
4. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
(b) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
(c) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
(d) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
5. How does Miss Durant like to eat her vegetables?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
2. What does Mama decide to make for Katrin's school reception?
3. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
4. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
5. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
2. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
3. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
4. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
5. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
6. Why is the attic a special place for Katrin?
7. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
8. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
9. How does Mama save the day at the reception?
10. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)