|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first boarder the family had at the Steiner Street house?
(a) Miss Durant.
(b) Miss Karboe.
(c) Miss Grimes.
(d) Mister Ann.
2. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The silver broach and coin collection.
(b) The drinking horn and coin collection.
(c) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(d) The silver broach and bridal chest.
3. What major city does the family live in?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
(a) Roller skating.
(c) Singing in the choir.
(d) Jumping rope.
5. Who tells Katrin she is "getting away with murder"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
2. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
3. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
4. What is the name of Christine's hiding place?
5. What item does Katrin take from the boarder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
2. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
3. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
4. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
5. Why is the school holding a reception?
6. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
7. Does Katrin enjoy her first day at Winford?
8. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
9. How is the family able to afford the Steiner Street house?
10. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)