|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
(a) The girls can read magazines.
(b) She always has fresh cake to eat.
(c) They can see a baby.
(d) They can play with makeup.
2. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
(b) The narrator.
3. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
4. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A book.
(d) A mop.
5. How is Katrin going to keep the food hot for the reception?
(a) A chafing dish.
(b) A crockpot.
(c) A warming dish.
(d) A candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katrin jealous of Christine while she waits at the reception?
2. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
3. Who leaves Mama a check?
4. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
5. What item does Hester ask to try as the women pack up the reception?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
2. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
3. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
4. How is the family able to afford the Steiner Street house?
5. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
6. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
7. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
8. Why is the school holding a reception?
9. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
10. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)