|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Katrin have with the writing materials before she gets charged?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 7 days.
2. Why is Katrin upset with her classmates during the reception?
(a) They make fun of her for the food she brings.
(b) They say her Mama has a funny accent.
(c) They make fun of her outfit.
(d) They call her stupid.
3. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
(a) Miss Karboe.
(b) Miss Lyons.
(c) Miss Scanlon.
(d) Miss Grimes.
4. What place does Katrin get in the contest she entered?
(a) 45th place.
(b) 25th place.
(c) 4th place.
(d) 1st place.
5. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Back porch.
(b) Kitchen table.
(c) Living room couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major city does the family live in?
2. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
3. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
4. Who leaves Mama a check?
5. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
2. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
3. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
4. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
5. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
6. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
7. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
8. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
9. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
10. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)