|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
(d) The narrator.
2. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He has a black mustache.
(b) He smokes black tobacco.
(c) He is African American.
(d) He wears all black.
3. What place does Katrin get in the contest she entered?
(a) 1st place.
(b) 25th place.
(c) 4th place.
(d) 45th place.
4. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
5. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
2. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
3. What is the new baby's name?
4. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
5. Who is the chairman of the reception refreshment team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
2. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
3. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
4. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
5. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
6. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
7. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
8. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
9. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
10. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)