|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
(a) Miss Lyons.
(b) Miss Karboe.
(c) Miss Scanlon.
(d) Miss Grimes.
2. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Groceries for the aunts.
(b) Christine's broken arm.
(c) Nels' high school.
(d) The narrator's writing materials.
3. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) An ear infection.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) A broken arm.
4. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
(a) Mrs. Winford does not like tea.
(b) The science room is locked.
(c) The stove is not working.
(d) There are no pots to boil water in.
5. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) Papa's wages.
(b) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
(c) The Little Bank.
(d) Mama's Bank Account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
2. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
3. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
4. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
5. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
2. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
3. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
4. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
5. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
6. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
7. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
8. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
9. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
10. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)