|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It adds years to one's life.
(b) It keeps one warm.
(c) It is for good health.
(d) It is good for the stomach.
2. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To make room since the aunts visit.
(b) To redecorate the room.
(c) To give Nels his own room.
(d) To make room for a renter.
3. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(c) The narrator.
4. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Plant a vegetable garden.
(b) Mop the floors.
(c) Wash the clothes.
(d) Milk the goats.
5. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
(a) There are no pots to boil water in.
(b) The stove is not working.
(c) Mrs. Winford does not like tea.
(d) The science room is locked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
2. Who is the chairman of the reception refreshment team?
3. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
4. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
5. What class does Katrin receive an F in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
2. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
3. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
4. Why is the attic a special place for Katrin?
5. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
6. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
7. How does Mama save the day at the reception?
8. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
9. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
10. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)