|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
(a) She always has fresh cake to eat.
(b) They can see a baby.
(c) They can play with makeup.
(d) The girls can read magazines.
2. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
3. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
(a) 1 free months.
(b) 4 free months.
(c) 2 free months.
(d) 3 free months.
4. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Mr. Hyde.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Uncle Chris.
5. Who is the chairman of the reception refreshment team?
(b) Miss Scanlan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major city does the family live in?
2. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
3. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
5. What is the shared name of all three of Carmelita's brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
2. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
3. How does the family work together to avoid using their savings for expenses?
4. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
5. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
6. How does Mama save the day at the reception?
7. Why is the school holding a reception?
8. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
9. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
10. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)