|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prays every morning so Katrin will hopefully get the money she needs?
2. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Mama's bank account.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) Nels' story telling.
(d) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
3. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
(c) Cucumber sandwiches.
(d) Currant cake.
4. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
5. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does Katrin receive an F in?
2. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
3. What does Mama really do with the check?
4. Who forgets to turn on the heat in the school building during the reception?
5. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
2. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
3. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
4. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
5. Does Katrin enjoy her first day at Winford?
6. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
7. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
8. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
9. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
10. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)