|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
(a) The children's birth certificates.
(b) A map of San Francisco.
(c) The family portraits.
(d) A Norwegian flag.
2. Where does Katrin see the janitress?
(a) The auditorium.
(b) The school office.
(c) The furnace room.
(d) The science classroom.
3. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to deliver a package.
(b) She pretends to be a nurse.
(c) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(d) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
4. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
(a) Aunt Trina.
5. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Takes it to the bank.
(b) Tears it up.
(c) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chairman of the reception refreshment team?
2. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
3. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
4. Who is the special guest Winford was expecting?
5. What is the new baby's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
2. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
3. Does Katrin enjoy her first day at Winford?
4. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
5. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
6. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
7. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
8. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
9. How does Mama save the day at the reception?
10. How is the family able to afford the Steiner Street house?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)