|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) Mama's Bank Account.
(b) The Little Bank.
(c) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
(d) Papa's wages.
2. What is Katrin's punishment for her F?
(a) She has to give up her dream of becoming a writer.
(b) She has to retake the class over the summer.
(c) She has to give away the writing brochures.
(d) She has to copy the lessons in the writing brochures.
3. How many days of praying does the Catholic Novena include?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 16 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. What does Katrin mean when she says, "It is something within me, Mama. Right here!"?
(a) She knows the girls at school hate her.
(b) She feels sick to her stomach.
(c) Writing is her passion.
(d) She knows she will be caught for doing something bad.
5. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) Two cups of coffee.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) A turkey sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
2. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
3. What does Mama really do with the check?
4. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
5. How is Katrin going to keep the food hot for the reception?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
2. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
3. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
4. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
5. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
6. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
7. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
8. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
9. Why is the attic a special place for Katrin?
10. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)