|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Plant a vegetable garden.
(b) Milk the goats.
(c) Wash the clothes.
(d) Mop the floors.
2. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
(a) A map of San Francisco.
(b) A Norwegian flag.
(c) The children's birth certificates.
(d) The family portraits.
3. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
(b) Aunt Trina.
4. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He is African American.
(b) He has a black mustache.
(c) He wears all black.
(d) He smokes black tobacco.
5. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is racist.
(c) She is oriental.
(d) She is late for their meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Katrin take from the boarder?
2. What item does Hester plan to bring to the reception?
3. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
4. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
5. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
2. How is the family able to afford the Steiner Street house?
3. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
4. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
5. How does the family work together to avoid using their savings for expenses?
6. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
7. Why is the attic a special place for Katrin?
8. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
9. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
10. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)