|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Scrubbing with a brush.
(b) Sweeping with a broom.
(c) Mopping with a floor mop.
(d) Washing with a rag.
2. What is the name of the school the girls attend?
3. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(b) Back porch.
(c) Living room couch.
(d) Kitchen table.
4. Who is the special guest Winford was expecting?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Miss Grimes.
(c) Mr. Winford.
(d) Mrs. Winford.
5. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
(a) To translate a letter.
(b) To take her home.
(c) To give her money.
(d) To help her with homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine bring to school to give Katrin during the reception?
2. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
3. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
4. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
5. Where does Katrin see the janitress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
2. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
3. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
4. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
5. How is the family able to afford the Steiner Street house?
6. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
7. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
8. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
9. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
10. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)