|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
(a) Roller skating.
(b) Singing in the choir.
(d) Jumping rope.
2. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
(a) A book.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A mop.
(d) A pencil.
3. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is racist.
(c) She is late for their meeting.
(d) She is oriental.
4. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Living room couch.
(b) Back porch.
(c) Kitchen table.
5. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
(a) Miss Grimes.
(b) Miss Karboe.
(c) Miss Lyons.
(d) Miss Scanlon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
2. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
4. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
5. What major city does the family live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
2. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
3. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
4. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
5. Why is the school holding a reception?
6. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
7. How does the family work together to avoid using their savings for expenses?
8. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
9. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
10. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)