|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
(a) Let all the aunts move in.
(b) Sell eggs and milk out of the basement.
(c) Remodel it and sell it for a profit.
(d) Make it a boarding house.
2. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It is for good health.
(b) It adds years to one's life.
(c) It keeps one warm.
(d) It is good for the stomach.
3. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He is a traveling salesman.
(b) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(c) He steals heirlooms from families.
(d) He is a professional gambler.
4. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) Is good.
(c) God bless us.
(d) Everything is fine.
5. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(b) Items for the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
2. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
3. Who prays every morning so Katrin will hopefully get the money she needs?
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
5. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
2. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
3. Why does Katrin want to become a famous author?
4. How does the family work together to avoid using their savings for expenses?
5. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
6. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
7. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
8. Why does Papa want to buy the chicken ranch?
9. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
10. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)