|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
(d) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
2. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
(a) Miss Scanlon.
(b) Miss Karboe.
(c) Miss Lyons.
(d) Miss Grimes.
3. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to deliver a package.
(b) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
(c) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(d) She pretends to be a nurse.
4. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Papa leaves the family.
(b) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(c) Uncle Chris dies.
(d) The girls start at a new school.
5. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Katrin's special room in the Steiner Street home?
2. Who tells Katrin she is "getting away with murder"?
3. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
4. Why is Katrin jealous of Christine while she waits at the reception?
5. Where does Katrin see the janitress?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
2. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
3. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
4. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
5. Why is Mama not mad when Katrin has to ask for the money to pay for the writing brochures?
6. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
7. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
8. How does Mama save the day at the reception?
9. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
10. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)