|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
(a) Nels' wages.
(b) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(c) Mama's Bank Account.
(d) The Little Bank.
2. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
(b) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
(c) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
(d) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
3. How much are the writing materials Katrin wants?
4. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) The child is not going to live.
(b) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(c) It is against hospital rules.
(d) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
5. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It keeps one warm.
(b) It adds years to one's life.
(c) It is good for the stomach.
(d) It is for good health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katrin do to try to get the money she needs to pay for the writing brochures?
2. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
3. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
4. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
5. What item does Katrin take from the boarder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two tricks does Mama play on the nurses to sneak in to see her child?
2. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
3. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
4. Why is the attic a special place for Katrin?
5. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
6. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
7. How does the family feel about how Uncle Chris spends his money?
8. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
9. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
10. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)