|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
(a) 4 rooms.
(b) 11 rooms.
(c) 12 rooms.
(d) 6 rooms.
2. What major city does the family live in?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
3. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The Scottish man.
(b) An old man.
(c) The black Norwegian.
(d) The German.
4. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
5. How many days does Katrin have with the writing materials before she gets charged?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 7 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much are the writing materials Katrin wants?
2. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
3. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
4. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
5. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
2. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
3. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
4. How is the family able to afford the Steiner Street house?
5. In what ways is Mr. Hyde valuable to the family?
6. What makes Miss Grimes such a mean woman?
7. Why is the school holding a reception?
8. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
9. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
10. What is unusual about the way that Uncle Chris spends his money?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)