|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The German.
(b) An old man.
(c) The Scottish man.
(d) The black Norwegian.
2. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) Uncle Chris' old house.
(b) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(c) Their family home in Norway.
(d) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
3. Who tells Katrin she is "getting away with murder"?
4. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
(b) Roller skating.
(c) Jumping rope.
(d) Singing in the choir.
5. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katrin do to try to get the money she needs to pay for the writing brochures?
2. How is Arne related to the narrator?
3. What is the name of Christine's hiding place?
4. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
5. Who forgets to turn on the heat in the school building during the reception?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
2. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
3. What is the purpose of The Little Bank?
4. In what ways is Mr. Hyde a fraud?
5. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
6. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
7. How does Mama save the day at the reception?
8. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
9. What does Uncle Chris do to make his living?
10. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)