|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
2. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
3. What does Mama decide to make for Katrin's school reception?
(c) Fish stew.
(d) Meat balls.
4. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(b) It is against hospital rules.
(c) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(d) The child is not going to live.
5. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
3. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
4. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
5. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Hester and Madeline finally start to be nice to Katrin?
2. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
3. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
4. Why does Mama want to move to the Steiner Street house immediately?
5. Why is Uncle Chris called "the black Norwegian"?
6. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
7. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
8. Why does Katrin enter the writing contest?
9. Why is the school holding a reception?
10. Why is the family so unhappy at the chicken ranch?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)