|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Katrin see the janitress?
(a) The science classroom.
(b) The school office.
(c) The furnace room.
(d) The auditorium.
2. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Takes it to the bank.
(b) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(c) Tears it up.
(d) Burns it.
3. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
4. What class does Katrin receive an F in?
(c) Physical Education.
5. Who is the chairman of the reception refreshment team?
(d) Miss Scanlan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Nels with homework?
2. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
3. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
4. Why is Katrin jealous of Christine while she waits at the reception?
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katrin plan to keep the meat balls hot enough for an after school reception?
2. Why does Katrin need to come up with $7.00?
3. Why does Katrin volunteer to bring something to the reception at school?
4. How does Mama's Bank Account make the children feel?
5. Why does Mama want to see her child in the hospital after the operation?
6. What do the other classmates do when they hear about the items that Katrin and Carmelita have brought to the reception?
7. What does Mama mean when she says that Mr. Hyde does not owe them anything?
8. How does Carmelita help Katrin for the writing contest?
9. Why is the attic a special place for Katrin?
10. Does Katrin enjoy her first day at Winford?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)