|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Bury it in the backyard.
(b) Take it to the doctor.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Fix it.
2. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
3. Where does the family celebrate a wedding?
(a) The old chicken ranch.
(b) On the bay.
(c) A church.
(d) Their home.
4. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
6. What does Aunt Marta and Uncle Ole bring the children while Papa is at the hospital?
7. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) Catholic General.
(b) St. Francis.
(c) San Francisco County.
(d) St. Joseph.
8. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
9. Why does Mr. Schiller leave the store for one hour every day?
(a) To go home for lunch.
(b) To take a walk.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) To buy supplies for the store.
10. Which two men are doctors?
(a) Peder and John.
(b) Frank and Nels.
(c) Nels and Peder.
(d) James and Lewis.
11. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
12. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
(b) To buy candy.
(c) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(d) To buy cat food.
13. Why is the cat's name changed to "Uncle Elizabeth"?
(a) It bossed other cats around.
(b) It was a tomcat.
(c) It reminded the family of their uncle.
(d) The children wanted a funny name for the cat.
14. What gift does Katrin end up getting from the family for her graduation?
(a) A watch.
(b) A silver broach.
(c) A pink dresser.
(d) A pearl necklace.
15. What does Cora call Nels?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Christine in the hospital?
2. What area of study does Nels focus on?
3. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
4. What is Mr. Kenmore's Sunday hobby?
5. What happens to Papa in the kitchen before Dr. Johnson comes over?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)