|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mama have see to pay for the surgery?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The accountant.
(c) The surgeon's mother.
(d) The surgeon's wife.
2. What school club does Christine lead?
3. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
(a) To have a religous doctor.
(b) For Papa to have his own room.
(c) To stay with Papa.
(d) To get care for free.
4. What happens to Papa at the City Hall job?
(a) He falls off a ladder.
(b) He passes out from heat exhaustion.
(c) He is hit in the head.
(d) He breaks his leg.
5. What are the names of the Martins' sons?
(a) John and Edward.
(b) Rupert and Edward.
(c) Martin and Edward.
(d) Rupert and John.
6. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
(a) A horse.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) High heels.
7. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Bury it in the backyard.
(b) Fix it.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Take it to the doctor.
9. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
(a) A watch.
(b) A silver brooch.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pink dresser.
10. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
(a) Nels takes on a second job.
(b) Aunts and uncles give her money.
(c) She takes money out of her downtown bank account.
(d) Katrin's school friends give the family money.
11. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
(b) Rabbit food.
(c) Junk food.
12. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle Charles.
(d) Uncle Ole.
13. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To buy candy.
(b) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(c) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
(d) To buy cat food.
14. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
15. Which child is honored with a medal for outstanding achievement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child wants to become a nurse?
2. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
3. What does Aunt Marta and Uncle Ole bring the children while Papa is at the hospital?
4. What instrument does Professor Jannough play?
5. Who is the first child to get married?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)