|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game is Mrs. Martin planning to play?
2. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
(a) A Blanket.
3. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
(a) A horse.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(d) High heels.
4. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
5. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
6. Who drops out of school to work at a five-and-dime?
7. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Nels is not going to date Cora any longer.
(b) Cora is pregnant.
(c) Nels decides to work for Mr. Martin.
(d) Nels and Cora are engaged.
8. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He survives.
(d) He is stolen.
9. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
(a) She takes money out of her downtown bank account.
(b) Katrin's school friends give the family money.
(c) Nels takes on a second job.
(d) Aunts and uncles give her money.
10. How much does the person Mama goes to see want to charge for the surgery?
11. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
12. Why does Cora not want Nels to become a doctor?
(a) She wants him to be a pilot.
(b) She wants him to work in her family's business.
(c) She wants him to raise their children.
(d) She wants him to join the army.
13. Where does Katrin plan to work over her vacation?
(a) The candy shop.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The diner.
14. What activity does Papa dream of doing?
15. What did Mama ask the other children after Dagmar went to bed?
(a) How to kill a cat.
(b) Where to buy a new cat.
(c) How to bury a cat.
(d) Where to take the cat before Dagmar woke up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
2. What does Papa joke about when he returns home from the hospital?
3. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
4. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
5. Where does the family celebrate a wedding?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)