|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
(d) Mrs. Schiller.
2. What type of cookies does Aunt Elna love to make?
(b) Chocolate chip.
3. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
(a) Old Glory.
(b) The Old Hole.
(c) Glory Hole.
(d) The Dungeon.
4. Which two men are doctors?
(a) James and Lewis.
(b) Nels and Peder.
(c) Frank and Nels.
(d) Peder and John.
5. Who does Mama have see to pay for the surgery?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The surgeon's mother.
(c) The accountant.
(d) The surgeon's wife.
6. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
(a) Dr. Beauchamp.
(b) Dr. Francis.
(c) Dr. Johnson.
(d) Dr. Hester.
7. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Take it to the doctor.
(b) Kill it.
(c) Bury it in the backyard.
(d) Fix it.
8. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
(a) A dog.
(b) A watch.
(c) A pink dresser.
(d) A silver brooch.
9. What kind of animal is Thor?
(a) A cat.
(b) A stallion.
(c) A bull.
(d) A cow.
10. What game is Mrs. Martin planning to play?
11. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
12. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
13. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing home repairs.
(b) Needing a place to live.
(c) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(d) Needing a cook.
14. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
15. What did Mama recall stealing from Aunt Jenny as a young woman?
(b) Cake frosting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these was not something the cat is suffering from?
2. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
3. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
4. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
5. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)