|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Nels and Cora are engaged.
(b) Nels is not going to date Cora any longer.
(c) Cora is pregnant.
(d) Nels decides to work for Mr. Martin.
2. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing a place to live.
(b) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(c) Needing a cook.
(d) Needing home repairs.
3. Why is the cat's name changed to "Uncle Elizabeth"?
(a) It was a tomcat.
(b) It bossed other cats around.
(c) It reminded the family of their uncle.
(d) The children wanted a funny name for the cat.
4. Why does Cora not want Nels to become a doctor?
(a) She wants him to raise their children.
(b) She wants him to join the army.
(c) She wants him to be a pilot.
(d) She wants him to work in her family's business.
5. Why is Christine upset?
(a) Katrin is mean to her.
(b) She thinks she is going to die.
(c) She is worried about Mama.
(d) Her baby died.
6. Which family member has never been admitted into a hospital?
7. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(b) To buy candy.
(c) To buy cat food.
(d) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
8. Who was Aunt Elna betrothed to?
9. Which aunt has gossip about their old Aunt Elna?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(c) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Sigrid.
10. What instrument does Professor Jannough play?
11. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
(a) A pink dresser.
(b) A silver brooch.
(c) A watch.
(d) A dog.
12. Which child loves animals?
13. What area of study does Nels focus on?
(a) Medical School.
(b) Teaching School.
(c) Technical school.
(d) Law School.
14. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
(a) Uncle Ole.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) Uncle Charles.
15. Which aunt is having trouble keeping boarders?
(a) Aunt Elna.
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(c) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Trina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what part of Papa is hurting him?
2. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
3. What school club does Christine lead?
4. What happens to Papa in the kitchen before Dr. Johnson comes over?
5. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)