|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Nels decides to work for Mr. Martin.
(b) Nels is not going to date Cora any longer.
(c) Cora is pregnant.
(d) Nels and Cora are engaged.
2. What game is Mrs. Martin planning to play?
3. What are the names of the Martins' sons?
(a) Rupert and Edward.
(b) John and Edward.
(c) Martin and Edward.
(d) Rupert and John.
4. What does Mama try to do to the cat?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Give it away.
(c) Fix it.
(d) Lose it.
5. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
6. What activity does Papa dream of doing?
7. What instrument does Professor Jannough play?
8. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
9. Why is Christine upset?
(a) She is worried about Mama.
(b) Her baby died.
(c) She thinks she is going to die.
(d) Katrin is mean to her.
10. Which child loves animals?
11. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
12. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
13. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
(a) 4 children.
(b) 6 children.
(c) 3 children.
(d) 5 children.
14. What school club does Christine lead?
15. How much does the person Mama goes to see want to charge for the surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
2. Where does Christine leave her weekly wages?
3. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
4. What area of study does Nels focus on?
5. Where does the family celebrate a wedding?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)