|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
(a) It is a family day.
(b) The boarders fasted on Sundays.
(c) The family runs out of food every Sunday.
(d) The family wants to save money.
2. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Fix it.
(b) Kill it.
(c) Take it to the doctor.
(d) Bury it in the backyard.
3. What type of cookies does Aunt Elna love to make?
(a) Chocolate chip.
4. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He is stolen.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He survives.
(d) He is poisoned.
5. Where does the family celebrate a wedding?
(a) A church.
(b) On the bay.
(c) Their home.
(d) The old chicken ranch.
6. Why does Mr. Schiller leave the store for one hour every day?
(a) To take a walk.
(b) To buy supplies for the store.
(c) To go home for lunch.
(d) To take a nap.
7. What kind of animal is Thor?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bull.
(c) A stallion.
(d) A cow.
8. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pink dresser.
(d) A silver brooch.
9. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
(a) By trading an heirloom.
(b) By making one of her own.
(c) By using money from the bank account.
(d) By stealing it.
10. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
(a) 6 children.
(b) 4 children.
(c) 3 children.
(d) 5 children.
11. Which child loves animals?
12. What kind of candy does Mr. Grady bring the women every week?
13. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
(a) Hoeffler's centennials.
(b) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
(c) Hershey's bars.
(d) Tootsie Rolls.
14. What does Mama try to do to the cat?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Lose it.
(c) Give it away.
(d) Fix it.
15. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
(b) Rabbit food.
(d) Junk food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katrin put the empty boxes?
2. What area of study does Nels focus on?
3. Who was Aunt Elna betrothed to?
4. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
5. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)