|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. Where does Christine leave her weekly wages?
(a) On the kitchen table.
(b) In her purse.
(c) In Mama's bank account.
(d) On the fireplace mantle.
3. What does Peder return with after one week in Oslo?
(a) A child.
(b) A stallion.
(c) A wife.
(d) A house.
4. What did Mama ask the other children after Dagmar went to bed?
(a) How to bury a cat.
(b) Where to take the cat before Dagmar woke up.
(c) How to kill a cat.
(d) Where to buy a new cat.
5. Where does Katrin put the empty boxes?
(a) She takes them home.
(b) She hides them under the shelves.
(c) She throws them into an abandoned area.
(d) She shreds them.
6. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
(a) They are seeing a ballet.
(b) She is not hungry.
(c) They are playing tennis.
(d) They have dinner plans.
7. Why does Mama buy Christine a plaid dress?
(a) To celebrate her hard work.
(b) To thank her for not going to high school.
(c) To celebrate her graduation.
(d) To persuade her to go to school.
8. Which person is not a boarder at the Steiner Street house?
(a) Mr. Stanton.
(b) Mr. Clark.
(c) Mrs. Karboe.
(d) Mr. Lewis.
9. Why is Christine upset?
(a) She is worried about Mama.
(b) Her baby died.
(c) Katrin is mean to her.
(d) She thinks she is going to die.
10. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing home repairs.
(b) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(c) Needing a place to live.
(d) Needing a cook.
11. What is the chosen career path for Katrin?
12. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
(a) Glory Hole.
(b) The Old Hole.
(c) The Dungeon.
(d) Old Glory.
13. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
14. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
15. What does Mama do with Christine's hospital food?
(a) Feeds it to Christine.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Throws it out.
(d) Gives it to a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
2. What adult drink does Papa let Katrin have at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
4. Why is Christine in the hospital?
5. Where has Christine found a job?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)