|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
2. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
3. What does Christine buy at the drugstore?
4. Where has Christine found a job?
(a) An overall factory.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A library.
(d) A train station.
5. What is Mr. Kenmore's Sunday hobby?
(a) Playing golf.
(c) Playing piano.
(d) Flying planes.
6. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
(a) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
(b) Hershey's bars.
(c) Tootsie Rolls.
(d) Hoeffler's centennials.
7. Why is the cat's name changed to "Uncle Elizabeth"?
(a) The children wanted a funny name for the cat.
(b) It reminded the family of their uncle.
(c) It bossed other cats around.
(d) It was a tomcat.
8. Where does Christine leave her weekly wages?
(a) In her purse.
(b) On the fireplace mantle.
(c) In Mama's bank account.
(d) On the kitchen table.
9. Where does Katrin plan to work over her vacation?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) The candy shop.
(d) The diner.
10. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) St. Joseph.
(b) St. Francis.
(c) Catholic General.
(d) San Francisco County.
11. Which child wants to become a nurse?
12. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
(a) By making one of her own.
(b) By stealing it.
(c) By using money from the bank account.
(d) By trading an heirloom.
13. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
(c) A Blanket.
14. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
(a) Old Glory.
(b) The Old Hole.
(c) The Dungeon.
(d) Glory Hole.
15. What instrument does Professor Jannough play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
2. Why is Christine upset?
3. What activity does Papa dream of doing?
4. Who is Frank?
5. Who is the carpenter Mama promises will do the work?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)