|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
(a) Uncle Charles.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Uncle Ole.
(d) Uncle Peter.
2. Who does Aunt Elna end up moving in with?
(a) Aunt Trina.
(b) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Jenny.
3. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
(a) The family runs out of food every Sunday.
(b) The boarders fasted on Sundays.
(c) The family wants to save money.
(d) It is a family day.
4. What does Papa joke about when he returns home from the hospital?
(a) His pounding head.
(b) His shaved head.
(c) His thin body.
(d) His bartering wife.
5. Why does Mama buy Christine a plaid dress?
(a) To celebrate her graduation.
(b) To thank her for not going to high school.
(c) To persuade her to go to school.
(d) To celebrate her hard work.
6. Why is the cat's name changed to "Uncle Elizabeth"?
(a) It was a tomcat.
(b) The children wanted a funny name for the cat.
(c) It reminded the family of their uncle.
(d) It bossed other cats around.
7. Who asks, "Now truly, indeed, do you have Peder?"
(c) Aunt Elna.
(d) Aunt Marta.
8. Which of these was not something the cat is suffering from?
(a) Swollen eyes.
(b) Missing teeth.
(c) A chewed up paw.
(d) A partially missing tail.
9. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
(a) Diamond earrings.
(b) High heels.
(d) A horse.
10. Why is Katrin fired from her job?
(a) For messing up an order.
(b) For being lazy.
(c) For lying to a customer.
(d) For stealing.
11. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
(a) The Dungeon.
(b) Old Glory.
(c) The Old Hole.
(d) Glory Hole.
12. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
13. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is stolen.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He survives.
14. What does Cora call Nels?
15. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(b) Needing home repairs.
(c) Needing a place to live.
(d) Needing a cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which aunt is having trouble keeping boarders?
2. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
3. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
4. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
5. What does Mama try to do to the cat?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)