|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
(a) The boarders fasted on Sundays.
(b) The family wants to save money.
(c) It is a family day.
(d) The family runs out of food every Sunday.
2. Which child loves animals?
3. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
(a) 5 children.
(b) 6 children.
(c) 4 children.
(d) 3 children.
4. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) St. Francis.
(b) Catholic General.
(c) San Francisco County.
(d) St. Joseph.
5. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
(a) To have a religous doctor.
(b) To stay with Papa.
(c) To get care for free.
(d) For Papa to have his own room.
6. What is Mr. Kenmore's Sunday hobby?
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Playing piano.
(d) Flying planes.
7. Who is Frank?
(a) Christine's husband.
(b) A boarder.
(c) Katrin's husband.
(d) Mama's brother.
8. Why is the cat's name changed to "Uncle Elizabeth"?
(a) It reminded the family of their uncle.
(b) The children wanted a funny name for the cat.
(c) It bossed other cats around.
(d) It was a tomcat.
9. Where does Katrin plan to work over her vacation?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The diner.
(c) The candy shop.
(d) The drugstore.
10. What are the first names of the two new renters in Chapter 10?
(a) Jenny and Peter.
(b) Sam and Ann.
(c) Ann and Peter.
(d) Sam and George.
11. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
(a) A silver brooch.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A pink dresser.
12. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
(b) Mrs. Schiller.
13. Where does Katrin put the empty boxes?
(a) She throws them into an abandoned area.
(b) She takes them home.
(c) She hides them under the shelves.
(d) She shreds them.
14. What area of study does Nels focus on?
(a) Teaching School.
(b) Medical School.
(c) Law School.
(d) Technical school.
15. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these was not something the cat is suffering from?
2. What gift does Katrin end up getting from the family for her graduation?
3. How much does the person Mama goes to see want to charge for the surgery?
4. Why is Katrin fired from her job?
5. What school club does Christine lead?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)