|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Christine found a job?
(a) A train station.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A library.
(d) An overall factory.
2. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
(a) By stealing it.
(b) By using money from the bank account.
(c) By trading an heirloom.
(d) By making one of her own.
3. What instrument does Professor Jannough play?
4. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
(a) She takes money out of her downtown bank account.
(b) Katrin's school friends give the family money.
(c) Aunts and uncles give her money.
(d) Nels takes on a second job.
5. Why does Mr. Schiller leave the store for one hour every day?
(a) To go home for lunch.
(b) To buy supplies for the store.
(c) To take a walk.
(d) To take a nap.
6. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Take it to the doctor.
(c) Fix it.
(d) Bury it in the backyard.
7. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
8. Where does Christine leave her weekly wages?
(a) On the fireplace mantle.
(b) In Mama's bank account.
(c) In her purse.
(d) On the kitchen table.
9. Which of these was not something the cat is suffering from?
(a) Swollen eyes.
(b) A partially missing tail.
(c) Missing teeth.
(d) A chewed up paw.
10. What activity does Papa dream of doing?
11. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(c) The specialist.
(d) Dr. Johnson.
12. Who is wearing plasterer's overalls?
(a) Uncle Charles.
(b) Uncle Ole.
(c) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Uncle Peter.
13. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) Dr. Beauchamp.
(c) Dr. Hester.
(d) Dr. Francis.
14. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
15. Which aunt has gossip about their old Aunt Elna?
(a) Aunt Jenny.
(b) Aunt Marta.
(c) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Sigrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mama have see to pay for the surgery?
2. What is Mr. Kenmore's Sunday hobby?
3. Which two men are doctors?
4. What are the names of the Martins' sons?
5. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)