|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what part of Papa is hurting him?
(a) His head.
(b) His back.
(c) His arm.
(d) His stomach.
2. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A pink dresser.
(c) A silver brooch.
(d) A dog.
3. Which child loves animals?
4. What kind of animal is Thor?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A bull.
(c) A cat.
(d) A cow.
5. Which aunt has gossip about their old Aunt Elna?
(a) Aunt Jenny.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Trina.
6. Where does the family celebrate a wedding?
(a) Their home.
(b) A church.
(c) On the bay.
(d) The old chicken ranch.
7. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
(a) 3 children.
(b) 4 children.
(c) 6 children.
(d) 5 children.
8. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
(b) High heels.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) A horse.
9. What school club does Christine lead?
10. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
(a) Hershey's bars.
(b) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
(c) Tootsie Rolls.
(d) Hoeffler's centennials.
11. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
(a) Katrin's school friends give the family money.
(b) Aunts and uncles give her money.
(c) She takes money out of her downtown bank account.
(d) Nels takes on a second job.
12. Why is Katrin fired from her job?
(a) For stealing.
(b) For messing up an order.
(c) For lying to a customer.
(d) For being lazy.
13. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
14. What does Mama promise to the woman to cover the $75 she is short for the surgery?
(a) A year's worth of cooking.
(b) A room in the boardinghouse.
(c) A carpenter to do the surgeon's home renovations.
(d) Her silver broch.
15. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) St. Joseph.
(b) St. Francis.
(c) San Francisco County.
(d) Catholic General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
2. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
3. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
4. What area of study does Nels focus on?
5. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)