|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
(d) Mrs. Schiller.
2. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
(a) 5 children.
(b) 6 children.
(c) 3 children.
(d) 4 children.
3. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
4. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) San Francisco County.
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Joseph.
(d) Catholic General.
5. What happens to Papa in the kitchen before Dr. Johnson comes over?
(a) He falls out of the chair.
(b) He slouches over.
(c) He burns his arm.
(d) His head starts to bleed.
6. What are the names of the Martins' sons?
(a) Martin and Edward.
(b) Rupert and Edward.
(c) John and Edward.
(d) Rupert and John.
7. Where has Christine found a job?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An overall factory.
(c) A train station.
(d) A library.
8. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
(a) They have dinner plans.
(b) She is not hungry.
(c) They are playing tennis.
(d) They are seeing a ballet.
9. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
(a) By stealing it.
(b) By using money from the bank account.
(c) By trading an heirloom.
(d) By making one of her own.
10. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) Dr. Francis.
(c) Dr. Hester.
(d) Dr. Beauchamp.
11. Which child wants to become a nurse?
12. Why is Mama happy at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Nels and Cora are engaged.
(b) Nels is not going to date Cora any longer.
(c) Cora is pregnant.
(d) Nels decides to work for Mr. Martin.
13. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
(a) She takes money out of her downtown bank account.
(b) Katrin's school friends give the family money.
(c) Aunts and uncles give her money.
(d) Nels takes on a second job.
14. Which aunt has gossip about their old Aunt Elna?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Aunt Trina.
(c) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Jenny.
15. Which child is honored with a medal for outstanding achievement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
2. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
3. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
4. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
5. What does Cora call Nels?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)