|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora call Nels?
2. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
(a) By making one of her own.
(b) By using money from the bank account.
(c) By stealing it.
(d) By trading an heirloom.
3. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
(d) Mrs. Schiller.
4. Which child wants to become a nurse?
5. Why does Mama buy Christine a plaid dress?
(a) To persuade her to go to school.
(b) To celebrate her graduation.
(c) To thank her for not going to high school.
(d) To celebrate her hard work.
6. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) Dr. Beauchamp.
(c) Dr. Francis.
(d) Dr. Hester.
7. What type of cookies does Aunt Elna love to make?
(d) Chocolate chip.
8. What is the chosen career path for Katrin?
9. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(b) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
(c) To buy candy.
(d) To buy cat food.
10. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
11. Who does Aunt Elna end up moving in with?
(a) Aunt Trina.
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(c) Aunt Marta.
12. What does Mama promise to the woman to cover the $75 she is short for the surgery?
(a) A carpenter to do the surgeon's home renovations.
(b) Her silver broch.
(c) A year's worth of cooking.
(d) A room in the boardinghouse.
13. Where does Katrin plan to work over her vacation?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) The diner.
(d) The candy shop.
14. What does Peder return with after one week in Oslo?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A child.
(c) A wife.
(d) A house.
15. What does Christine buy at the drugstore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Papa at the City Hall job?
2. Who is Frank?
3. What are the names of the Martins' sons?
4. Why does Cora say her and Nels can not join the family for dinner?
5. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)