|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Papa at the City Hall job?
(a) He falls off a ladder.
(b) He passes out from heat exhaustion.
(c) He is hit in the head.
(d) He breaks his leg.
2. What does Cora call Nels?
3. How many Children does Mama have at the end of the book?
(a) 4 children.
(b) 3 children.
(c) 5 children.
(d) 6 children.
4. Who disapproves of Katrin working at her new place of employment?
(d) Mrs. Schiller.
5. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
(b) Junk food.
(c) Rabbit food.
6. Which aunt has gossip about their old Aunt Elna?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Trina.
(c) Aunt Jenny.
(d) Aunt Sigrid.
7. What item does Cora Martin own that surprised Dagmar?
(b) High heels.
(c) A horse.
(d) Diamond earrings.
8. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
(a) By trading an heirloom.
(b) By using money from the bank account.
(c) By making one of her own.
(d) By stealing it.
10. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(c) Dr. Johnson.
(d) The specialist.
11. Who is the first child to get married?
12. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
(a) A pink dresser.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A silver brooch.
(d) A dog.
13. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
14. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
(a) Needing an outfit for a gala.
(b) Needing a place to live.
(c) Needing a cook.
(d) Needing home repairs.
15. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa joke about when he returns home from the hospital?
2. Which child wants to become a nurse?
3. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
4. What happens to Papa in the kitchen before Dr. Johnson comes over?
5. Which child is honored with a medal for outstanding achievement?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)