|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cora not want Nels to become a doctor?
(a) She wants him to join the army.
(b) She wants him to work in her family's business.
(c) She wants him to raise their children.
(d) She wants him to be a pilot.
2. What did Mama ask the other children after Dagmar went to bed?
(a) Where to buy a new cat.
(b) Where to take the cat before Dagmar woke up.
(c) How to bury a cat.
(d) How to kill a cat.
3. What are the names of the Martins' sons?
(a) Rupert and Edward.
(b) Rupert and John.
(c) Martin and Edward.
(d) John and Edward.
4. What instrument does Professor Jannough play?
5. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
(a) For Papa to have his own room.
(b) To get care for free.
(c) To stay with Papa.
(d) To have a religous doctor.
6. What is the name of the specialist who is going to perform Papa's surgery?
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) Dr. Francis.
(c) Dr. Beauchamp.
(d) Dr. Hester.
7. Which of these was not something the cat is suffering from?
(a) Swollen eyes.
(b) Missing teeth.
(c) A chewed up paw.
(d) A partially missing tail.
8. What is Mr. Kenmore's Sunday hobby?
(b) Playing piano.
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Flying planes.
9. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
(a) It is a family day.
(b) The family runs out of food every Sunday.
(c) The family wants to save money.
(d) The boarders fasted on Sundays.
10. What does Mama buy with her coat money?
11. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
12. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
(a) Nels takes on a second job.
(b) Aunts and uncles give her money.
(c) She takes money out of her downtown bank account.
(d) Katrin's school friends give the family money.
13. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
(a) Old Glory.
(b) The Dungeon.
(c) Glory Hole.
(d) The Old Hole.
14. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
(a) A pink dresser.
(b) A dog.
(c) A watch.
(d) A silver brooch.
15. Who is the carpenter Mama promises will do the work?
(a) Uncle Chris.
(c) Uncle Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the kitchen on Sunday evening in Chapter 15?
2. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
3. Where does Katrin put the empty boxes?
4. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
5. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)