|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chairman of the reception refreshment team?
(b) Miss Scanlan.
2. Who helps Nels with homework?
(a) The narrator.
(d) Mr. Hyde.
3. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
(a) Mrs. Winford does not like tea.
(b) The science room is locked.
(c) There are no pots to boil water in.
(d) The stove is not working.
4. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Living room couch.
(c) Kitchen table.
(d) Back porch.
5. What is the shared name of all three of Carmelita's brothers?
6. What major city does the family live in?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
7. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
(a) Currant cake.
(b) Cucumber sandwiches.
8. What item does Hester ask to try as the women pack up the reception?
(c) Meat balls.
9. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Light heart.
(b) Little friend.
(c) Little man.
(d) Last one.
10. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(b) Nels' story telling.
(c) Mama's bank account.
(d) Papa's wages.
11. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Nels' high school.
(b) The narrator's writing materials.
(c) Christine's broken arm.
(d) Groceries for the aunts.
12. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
13. Who forgets to turn on the heat in the school building during the reception?
(b) The janitress.
(c) Miss Grimes.
14. Where does Mama put the wine during the reception?
(a) In her purse.
(b) In the garbage can.
(c) In Miss Grimes' office.
(d) Under the table.
15. How much are the writing materials Katrin wants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
3. What is Katrin's punishment for her F?
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
5. What is the new baby's name?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)