|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
2. Where does Mama put the wine during the reception?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the garbage can.
(c) In her purse.
(d) In Miss Grimes' office.
3. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Mr. Hyde.
(d) Uncle Chris.
4. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
5. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The German.
(b) The black Norwegian.
(c) An old man.
(d) The Scottish man.
6. Where does Katrin see the janitress?
(a) The school office.
(b) The science classroom.
(c) The furnace room.
(d) The auditorium.
7. What is the name of Christine's hiding place?
(b) The attic.
(d) The study.
8. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
9. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Sweeping with a broom.
(b) Washing with a rag.
(c) Scrubbing with a brush.
(d) Mopping with a floor mop.
10. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) God bless us.
(b) Everything is fine.
(c) Is good.
(d) Praise the Lord.
11. Who is the special guest Winford was expecting?
(a) Miss Grimes.
(b) Mr. Winford.
(c) Mrs. Winford.
(d) Mr. Smith.
12. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It keeps one warm.
(b) It is good for the stomach.
(c) It adds years to one's life.
(d) It is for good health.
13. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(c) The newspaper.
14. What major city does the family live in?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
15. What item does Katrin take from the boarder?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A stack of magazines.
(c) A silver necklace.
(d) Rent money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
2. What does Mama really do with the check?
3. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
4. Who helps Nels with homework?
5. What does Mama decide to make for Katrin's school reception?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)