|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Christine's broken arm.
(b) Nels' high school.
(c) Groceries for the aunts.
(d) The narrator's writing materials.
2. What school club does Christine lead?
3. Which child loves animals?
4. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) An ear infection.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) A broken arm.
5. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(b) To buy cat food.
(c) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
(d) To buy candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adult drink does Papa let Katrin have at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What does Katrin mean when she says, "It is something within me, Mama. Right here!"?
3. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
4. How much does the person Mama goes to see want to charge for the surgery?
5. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)