|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It keeps one warm.
(b) It is good for the stomach.
(c) It adds years to one's life.
(d) It is for good health.
2. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) Mama's bank account.
(d) Nels' story telling.
3. Where does Katrin put the empty boxes?
(a) She hides them under the shelves.
(b) She shreds them.
(c) She takes them home.
(d) She throws them into an abandoned area.
4. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
5. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He is stolen.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He survives.
(d) He is poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora call Nels?
2. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
3. Why does Mr. Schiller leave the store for one hour every day?
4. What does Mama do with Christine's hospital food?
5. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)