|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
2. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Sigrid.
3. How many days of praying does the Catholic Novena include?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 7 days.
4. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) A turkey sandwich.
(b) Bread and water.
(c) Two cups of coffee.
5. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(a) Aunt Jenny.
(b) The specialist.
(c) Dr. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Hester ask to try as the women pack up the reception?
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
3. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
4. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
5. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)