|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
(a) 4 rooms.
(b) 11 rooms.
(c) 12 rooms.
(d) 6 rooms.
2. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Christine becomes ill.
(b) Nels is arrested.
(c) The strike.
(d) Papa leaves the family.
3. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
4. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
(a) A Norwegian flag.
(b) The family portraits.
(c) The children's birth certificates.
(d) A map of San Francisco.
5. What is Katrin's favorite candy?
(a) Tootsie Rolls.
(b) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
(c) Hershey's bars.
(d) Hoeffler's centennials.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
2. In Chapter 9, what part of Papa is hurting him?
3. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Who was Aunt Elna betrothed to?
5. What does Katrin want for her graduation present?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)