|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(a) Aunt Jenny.
(b) Dr. Johnson.
(c) The specialist.
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) God bless us.
(b) Everything is fine.
(c) Is good.
(d) Praise the Lord.
3. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
(a) Cucumber sandwiches.
(d) Currant cake.
4. What does Mama promise to the woman to cover the $75 she is short for the surgery?
(a) A year's worth of cooking.
(b) A carpenter to do the surgeon's home renovations.
(c) A room in the boardinghouse.
(d) Her silver broch.
5. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
(b) A Blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first boarder the family had at the Steiner Street house?
2. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
3. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
4. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
5. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)