|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He has a black mustache.
(b) He wears all black.
(c) He smokes black tobacco.
(d) He is African American.
2. What does Aunt Marta and Uncle Ole bring the children while Papa is at the hospital?
3. Who forgets to turn on the heat in the school building during the reception?
(b) Miss Grimes.
(c) The janitress.
4. What does Mama promise to the woman to cover the $75 she is short for the surgery?
(a) A year's worth of cooking.
(b) A room in the boardinghouse.
(c) Her silver broch.
(d) A carpenter to do the surgeon's home renovations.
5. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) The specialist.
(c) Aunt Jenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Hester plan to bring to the reception?
2. What did Mama recall stealing from Aunt Jenny as a young woman?
3. What does Sam call the food that Miss Durant eats?
4. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
5. How much cash does Mama pay for the surgery?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)