|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Hester ask to try as the women pack up the reception?
(a) Meat balls.
2. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
3. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The German.
(b) The black Norwegian.
(c) The Scottish man.
(d) An old man.
4. What is the name of the hospital Papa is at?
(a) Catholic General.
(b) St. Joseph.
(c) San Francisco County.
(d) St. Francis.
5. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Milk the goats.
(b) Plant a vegetable garden.
(c) Mop the floors.
(d) Wash the clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
3. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
4. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
5. Who visits Katrin when Mr. Schiller leaves?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)