|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) Their family home in Norway.
(b) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
(c) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(d) Uncle Chris' old house.
2. What gift does Mama offer to Katrin instead of what she had really wants?
(a) A pink dresser.
(b) A silver brooch.
(c) A dog.
(d) A watch.
3. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) Praise the Lord.
(c) Is good.
(d) God bless us.
4. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Light heart.
(b) Last one.
(c) Little friend.
(d) Little man.
5. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He steals heirlooms from families.
(b) He is a professional gambler.
(c) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(d) He is a traveling salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children sees Papa before the surgery?
2. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
3. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
5. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)