|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does Katrin get in the contest she entered?
(a) 1st place.
(b) 45th place.
(c) 25th place.
(d) 4th place.
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
3. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(c) Items for the children.
4. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
(a) Make it a boarding house.
(b) Let all the aunts move in.
(c) Remodel it and sell it for a profit.
(d) Sell eggs and milk out of the basement.
5. How is Mama able to afford the graduation gift?
(a) By trading an heirloom.
(b) By using money from the bank account.
(c) By stealing it.
(d) By making one of her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
2. What adult drink does Papa let Katrin have at the end of Chapter 10?
3. How is Katrin going to keep the food hot for the reception?
4. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
5. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)