|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
(b) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
(c) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
(d) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) God bless us.
(c) Praise the Lord.
(d) Is good.
3. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(b) A new house.
(c) A new coat.
(d) Books for the children.
4. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
5. Who prays every morning so Katrin will hopefully get the money she needs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
2. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
3. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
4. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
5. Why is Katrin upset with her classmates during the reception?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)