|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) An ear infection.
2. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He has a black mustache.
(b) He wears all black.
(c) He is African American.
(d) He smokes black tobacco.
3. How is Katrin going to keep the food hot for the reception?
(a) A warming dish.
(b) A candle.
(c) A chafing dish.
(d) A crockpot.
4. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
5. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
(b) A check.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Her novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama really do with the check?
2. What is the new baby's name?
3. Why is Katrin upset with her classmates during the reception?
4. What does Katrin mean when she says, "It is something within me, Mama. Right here!"?
5. Why is Katrin jealous of Christine while she waits at the reception?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)