|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
(b) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
(c) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
(d) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
2. What item does Hester ask to try as the women pack up the reception?
(a) Meat balls.
3. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) Uncle Chris' old house.
(b) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
(c) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(d) Their family home in Norway.
4. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(c) The newspaper.
5. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) Mama's bank account.
(d) Nels' story telling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Durant like to eat her vegetables?
2. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
3. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
4. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
5. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)