|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to deliver a package.
(b) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
(c) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(d) She pretends to be a nurse.
2. What is the name of the first boarder the family had at the Steiner Street house?
(a) Mister Ann.
(b) Miss Grimes.
(c) Miss Karboe.
(d) Miss Durant.
3. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) It is against hospital rules.
(b) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(c) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(d) The child is not going to live.
4. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(b) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
(c) She keeps leaving parts out.
(d) Her stories are boring.
5. What is the shared name of all three of Carmelita's brothers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves Mama a check?
2. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
3. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
4. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
5. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)