|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much are the writing materials Katrin wants?
2. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Kitchen table.
(b) Living room couch.
(d) Back porch.
3. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(b) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
(c) Her stories are boring.
(d) She keeps leaving parts out.
4. What does Katrin mean when she says, "It is something within me, Mama. Right here!"?
(a) Writing is her passion.
(b) She knows she will be caught for doing something bad.
(c) She knows the girls at school hate her.
(d) She feels sick to her stomach.
5. Who forgets to turn on the heat in the school building during the reception?
(a) Miss Grimes.
(b) The janitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
2. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
3. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
4. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
5. What does Katrin do to try to get the money she needs to pay for the writing brochures?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)