|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first boarder the family had at the Steiner Street house?
(a) Miss Grimes.
(b) Miss Durant.
(c) Mister Ann.
(d) Miss Karboe.
2. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Scrubbing with a brush.
(b) Mopping with a floor mop.
(c) Sweeping with a broom.
(d) Washing with a rag.
3. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Takes it to the bank.
(b) Tears it up.
(c) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(d) Burns it.
4. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
5. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) An old man.
(b) The black Norwegian.
(c) The Scottish man.
(d) The German.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
3. What class does Katrin receive an F in?
4. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
5. Who is the special guest Winford was expecting?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)