|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
(c) The narrator.
2. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He is a traveling salesman.
(b) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(c) He is a professional gambler.
(d) He steals heirlooms from families.
3. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Light heart.
(b) Little man.
(c) Little friend.
(d) Last one.
4. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Sweeping with a broom.
(b) Scrubbing with a brush.
(c) Mopping with a floor mop.
(d) Washing with a rag.
5. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) An ear infection.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) A gunshot wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
2. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
3. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
4. What does Mama bring to school in the end of Chapter 8?
5. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)