|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the special guest Winford was expecting?
(a) Miss Grimes.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Winford.
(d) Mrs. Winford.
2. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
(a) Singing in the choir.
(b) Jumping rope.
(d) Roller skating.
3. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Little man.
(b) Little friend.
(c) Light heart.
(d) Last one.
4. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) A gunshot wound.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) An ear infection.
(d) A broken arm.
5. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
2. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
3. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
4. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
5. Who prays every morning so Katrin will hopefully get the money she needs?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)