|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major city does the family live in?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
2. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Christine's broken arm.
(b) The narrator's writing materials.
(c) Groceries for the aunts.
(d) Nels' high school.
3. What place does Katrin get in the contest she entered?
(a) 4th place.
(b) 45th place.
(c) 1st place.
(d) 25th place.
4. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) Is good.
(c) Praise the Lord.
(d) God bless us.
5. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
(b) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
(c) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
(d) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
2. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
3. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
4. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
5. Who leaves Mama a check?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)