|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new baby's name?
2. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He wears all black.
(b) He has a black mustache.
(c) He is African American.
(d) He smokes black tobacco.
3. How much are the writing materials Katrin wants?
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(d) He gambles everything away and lost.
5. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) Uncle Chris' old house.
(b) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(c) Their family home in Norway.
(d) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
2. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
3. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
4. What item does Katrin take from the boarder?
5. What place does Katrin get in the contest she entered?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)