|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Little man.
(b) Light heart.
(c) Last one.
(d) Little friend.
2. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) A turkey sandwich.
(c) Two cups of coffee.
(d) Bread and water.
3. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Washing with a rag.
(b) Sweeping with a broom.
(c) Scrubbing with a brush.
(d) Mopping with a floor mop.
4. What does Katrin do to try to get the money she needs to pay for the writing brochures?
(a) Finish Christine's homework.
(b) Sell her rollerskates.
(c) Write an essay.
(d) Babysit her neighbors.
5. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to deliver a package.
(b) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
(c) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(d) She pretends to be a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
2. How is Arne related to the narrator?
3. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
4. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
5. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)