|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) Her stories are boring.
(b) She keeps leaving parts out.
(c) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
(d) She never tells an ending to her stories.
2. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) The narrator's writing materials.
(b) Groceries for the aunts.
(c) Christine's broken arm.
(d) Nels' high school.
3. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
4. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
5. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
2. What major city does the family live in?
3. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
4. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
5. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)