|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The black Norwegian.
(b) The German.
(c) An old man.
(d) The Scottish man.
2. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(a) Books for the children.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A new house.
3. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) The child is not going to live.
(b) It is against hospital rules.
(c) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(d) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Takes it to the bank.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Tears it up.
(d) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
5. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(b) Bread and water.
(c) Two cups of coffee.
(d) A turkey sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prays every morning so Katrin will hopefully get the money she needs?
2. How many days does Katrin have with the writing materials before she gets charged?
3. What major city does the family live in?
4. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
5. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)