|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He gives it to the family in his will.
2. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(b) Papa leaves the family.
(c) The girls start at a new school.
(d) Uncle Chris dies.
3. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) Their family home in Norway.
(b) Uncle Chris' old house.
(c) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(d) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
4. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
(b) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
(c) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
(d) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
5. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) Is good.
(c) God bless us.
(d) Praise the Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katrin mean when she says, "It is something within me, Mama. Right here!"?
2. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
3. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
4. Who tells Katrin she is "getting away with murder"?
5. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)