|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Nels' high school.
(b) The narrator's writing materials.
(c) Christine's broken arm.
(d) Groceries for the aunts.
2. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Trina.
3. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
(b) Aunt Trina.
4. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Milk the goats.
(b) Wash the clothes.
(c) Mop the floors.
(d) Plant a vegetable garden.
5. Where is Katrin's special room in the Steiner Street home?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garage.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
2. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
3. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
4. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
5. What place does Katrin get in the contest she entered?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)