|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) Two cups of coffee.
(c) A turkey sandwich.
(d) Bread and water.
2. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
(b) She keeps leaving parts out.
(c) Her stories are boring.
(d) She never tells an ending to her stories.
3. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
(a) The Little Bank.
(b) Nels' wages.
(c) Mama's Bank Account.
(d) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Takes it to the bank.
(b) Tears it up.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
5. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(a) Books for the children.
(b) A new coat.
(d) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school the girls attend?
2. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
3. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
4. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
5. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)