|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
(a) To take her home.
(b) To translate a letter.
(c) To give her money.
(d) To help her with homework.
2. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He is a traveling salesman.
(b) He steals heirlooms from families.
(c) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(d) He is a professional gambler.
3. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(b) The newspaper.
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Tears it up.
(b) Takes it to the bank.
(c) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(d) Burns it.
5. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Light heart.
(b) Little friend.
(c) Little man.
(d) Last one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
2. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
3. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
4. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
5. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)