|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A new house.
(d) Books for the children.
2. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He is African American.
(b) He smokes black tobacco.
(c) He has a black mustache.
(d) He wears all black.
3. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Sweeping with a broom.
(b) Mopping with a floor mop.
(c) Scrubbing with a brush.
(d) Washing with a rag.
4. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A check.
(b) Her novel.
(d) A necklace.
5. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
(a) 4 rooms.
(b) 12 rooms.
(c) 11 rooms.
(d) 6 rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
2. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
3. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
4. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
5. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)