|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
(a) 12 rooms.
(b) 11 rooms.
(c) 4 rooms.
(d) 6 rooms.
2. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(b) Uncle Chris' old house.
(c) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
(d) Their family home in Norway.
3. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
(a) Remodel it and sell it for a profit.
(b) Let all the aunts move in.
(c) Sell eggs and milk out of the basement.
(d) Make it a boarding house.
4. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
5. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To give Nels his own room.
(b) To redecorate the room.
(c) To make room for a renter.
(d) To make room since the aunts visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
3. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
4. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
5. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)