|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Mr. Hyde.
(c) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Uncle Chris.
2. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Sigrid.
3. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He is African American.
(b) He wears all black.
(c) He smokes black tobacco.
(d) He has a black mustache.
4. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
5. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
(a) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(b) Nels' wages.
(c) Mama's Bank Account.
(d) The Little Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
2. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
3. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
4. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
5. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)