|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The silver broach and bridal chest.
(b) The drinking horn and coin collection.
(c) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(d) The silver broach and coin collection.
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Little friend.
(b) Little man.
(c) Light heart.
(d) Last one.
3. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
4. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The German.
(b) The black Norwegian.
(c) An old man.
(d) The Scottish man.
5. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Mop the floors.
(b) Plant a vegetable garden.
(c) Wash the clothes.
(d) Milk the goats.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
2. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
3. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
5. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)