|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) Is good.
(c) God bless us.
(d) Everything is fine.
2. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(b) It is against hospital rules.
(c) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(d) The child is not going to live.
3. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(c) The narrator.
4. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
(a) Remodel it and sell it for a profit.
(b) Sell eggs and milk out of the basement.
(c) Let all the aunts move in.
(d) Make it a boarding house.
5. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Marta.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
2. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
3. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
4. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
5. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)