|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
(a) Let all the aunts move in.
(b) Remodel it and sell it for a profit.
(c) Make it a boarding house.
(d) Sell eggs and milk out of the basement.
2. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Mr. Hyde.
(c) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Uncle Chris.
3. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Works to make extra money for the family.
(b) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(c) Stays home to listen to a story.
(d) Helps Papa with household chores.
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Trina.
5. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
(a) 2 free months.
(b) 4 free months.
(c) 3 free months.
(d) 1 free months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
2. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
3. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
4. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
5. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)