|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Nels is arrested.
(b) Christine becomes ill.
(c) The strike.
(d) Papa leaves the family.
2. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He is African American.
(b) He wears all black.
(c) He has a black mustache.
(d) He smokes black tobacco.
3. What major city does the family live in?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
4. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(b) A turkey sandwich.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Two cups of coffee.
5. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
(b) Singing in the choir.
(c) Jumping rope.
(d) Roller skating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama really do with the check?
2. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
3. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
4. Why does this child need to have an operation?
5. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)