|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Washing with a rag.
(b) Scrubbing with a brush.
(c) Mopping with a floor mop.
(d) Sweeping with a broom.
2. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Helps Papa with household chores.
(b) Works to make extra money for the family.
(c) Stays home to listen to a story.
(d) Takes Christine to the doctor.
3. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(b) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
(c) She pretends to deliver a package.
(d) She pretends to be a nurse.
4. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Light heart.
(b) Little friend.
(c) Last one.
(d) Little man.
5. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) Mama's bank account.
(d) Nels' story telling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
2. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
3. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
4. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
5. What does Mama really do with the check?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)