|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) God bless us.
(c) Everything is fine.
(d) Is good.
2. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) The Little Bank.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
(d) Mama's Bank Account.
3. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Nels is arrested.
(b) Papa leaves the family.
(c) The strike.
(d) Christine becomes ill.
4. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(b) The narrator.
5. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
(a) Make it a boarding house.
(b) Remodel it and sell it for a profit.
(c) Sell eggs and milk out of the basement.
(d) Let all the aunts move in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
2. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
3. Who leaves Mama a check?
4. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
5. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)