|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(b) Uncle Chris dies.
(c) Papa leaves the family.
(d) The girls start at a new school.
2. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(b) It is against hospital rules.
(c) The child is not going to live.
(d) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
3. What major city does the family live in?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Mr. Hyde.
(c) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Uncle Chris.
5. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(b) The silver broach and bridal chest.
(c) The silver broach and coin collection.
(d) The drinking horn and coin collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
3. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
4. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
5. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)