|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) An ear infection.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) Food poisoning.
2. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The silver broach and coin collection.
(b) The drinking horn and coin collection.
(c) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(d) The silver broach and bridal chest.
3. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) Their family home in Norway.
(b) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
(c) Uncle Chris' old house.
(d) A chicken ranch across the bay.
4. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(b) It is against hospital rules.
(c) The child is not going to live.
(d) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
5. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Milk the goats.
(b) Wash the clothes.
(c) Mop the floors.
(d) Plant a vegetable garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
2. Who helps Nels with homework?
3. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
4. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
5. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)