|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Helps Papa with household chores.
(b) Stays home to listen to a story.
(c) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(d) Works to make extra money for the family.
2. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
(a) Miss Lyons.
(b) Miss Scanlon.
(c) Miss Grimes.
(d) Miss Karboe.
3. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) Is good.
(c) God bless us.
(d) Everything is fine.
4. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Mopping with a floor mop.
(b) Scrubbing with a brush.
(c) Washing with a rag.
(d) Sweeping with a broom.
5. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A book.
(c) A mop.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
2. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
3. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
4. How is Arne related to the narrator?
5. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)