|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He steals heirlooms from families.
(b) He is a traveling salesman.
(c) He is a professional gambler.
(d) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
2. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The drinking horn and coin collection.
(b) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(c) The silver broach and coin collection.
(d) The silver broach and bridal chest.
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
4. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Is good.
(b) God bless us.
(c) Praise the Lord.
(d) Everything is fine.
5. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
2. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
3. What is the new baby's name?
4. Who helps Nels with homework?
5. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)