|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Kitchen table.
(b) Back porch.
(d) Living room couch.
2. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(b) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(c) The child is not going to live.
(d) It is against hospital rules.
3. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
4. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(b) Stays home to listen to a story.
(c) Helps Papa with household chores.
(d) Works to make extra money for the family.
5. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He gives it to the family in his will.
(b) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves Mama a check?
2. Who helps Nels with homework?
3. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
4. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
5. Why does this child need to have an operation?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)