|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
(a) The narrator.
2. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
3. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Back porch.
(c) Living room couch.
(d) Kitchen table.
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(d) He gambles everything away and lost.
5. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Her novel.
(b) A check.
(c) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
2. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
3. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
4. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)