|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(b) She pretends to deliver a package.
(c) She pretends to be a nurse.
(d) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
2. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(b) The drinking horn and coin collection.
(c) The silver broach and bridal chest.
(d) The silver broach and coin collection.
3. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Nels is arrested.
(b) The strike.
(c) Papa leaves the family.
(d) Christine becomes ill.
4. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
(c) Aunt Trina.
5. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
(a) Nels' wages.
(b) The Little Bank.
(c) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(d) Mama's Bank Account.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
2. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
3. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Who helps Nels with homework?
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)