|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(d) The newspaper.
2. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
(b) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(c) She pretends to deliver a package.
(d) She pretends to be a nurse.
3. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He is African American.
(b) He wears all black.
(c) He has a black mustache.
(d) He smokes black tobacco.
4. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A new house.
(c) Books for the children.
5. Who helps Nels with homework?
(b) The narrator.
(d) Mr. Hyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
2. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
3. How is Arne related to the narrator?
4. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
5. Who leaves Mama a check?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)