|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Mr. Hyde.
(b) Uncle Chris.
(c) Aunt Sigrid.
2. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(d) Items for the children.
3. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
(c) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
(d) They are siblings.
4. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To redecorate the room.
(b) To make room since the aunts visit.
(c) To make room for a renter.
(d) To give Nels his own room.
5. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
2. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
5. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)