|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
2. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Works to make extra money for the family.
(b) Stays home to listen to a story.
(c) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(d) Helps Papa with household chores.
3. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(a) The newspaper.
4. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(b) Items for the children.
5. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To make room for a renter.
(b) To give Nels his own room.
(c) To redecorate the room.
(d) To make room since the aunts visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
2. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
3. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
4. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)