|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) God bless us.
(c) Is good.
(d) Everything is fine.
2. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Christine becomes ill.
(b) Nels is arrested.
(c) The strike.
(d) Papa leaves the family.
3. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He gambles everything away and lost.
(c) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(d) He gives it to the family in his will.
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Trina.
5. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
(b) Aunt Trina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
2. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
3. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
4. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
5. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)