|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
2. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A check.
(b) Her novel.
(d) A necklace.
3. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
(a) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(b) The Little Bank.
(c) Nels' wages.
(d) Mama's Bank Account.
4. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Helps Papa with household chores.
(b) Works to make extra money for the family.
(c) Stays home to listen to a story.
(d) Takes Christine to the doctor.
5. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
2. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
3. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
4. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
5. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)