|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(a) The newspaper.
2. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Uncle Chris.
(c) Mr. Hyde.
3. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(b) He gambles everything away and lost.
(c) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(d) He gives it to the family in his will.
4. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Little friend.
(b) Light heart.
(c) Little man.
(d) Last one.
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He smokes black tobacco.
(b) He has a black mustache.
(c) He is African American.
(d) He wears all black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
2. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
3. Why does this child need to have an operation?
4. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
5. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)