|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Mama's bank account.
(b) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(c) Nels' story telling.
(d) Papa's wages.
2. Who helps Nels with homework?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Mr. Hyde.
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
4. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Uncle Chris.
(c) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Mr. Hyde.
5. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(c) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
2. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
3. What does Mama really do with the check?
4. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
5. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)