|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He is a traveling salesman.
(b) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(c) He is a professional gambler.
(d) He steals heirlooms from families.
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Little man.
(b) Last one.
(c) Little friend.
(d) Light heart.
3. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
(a) Nels' wages.
(b) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(c) Mama's Bank Account.
(d) The Little Bank.
4. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(b) The narrator.
5. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) A turkey sandwich.
(b) Bread and water.
(c) Two cups of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
2. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
3. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
4. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
5. How is Arne related to the narrator?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)