|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) The Little Bank.
(b) Mama's Bank Account.
(c) Papa's wages.
(d) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
2. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
(b) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(c) Her stories are boring.
(d) She keeps leaving parts out.
3. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
(c) The narrator.
4. Who helps Nels with homework?
(b) Mr. Hyde.
(d) The narrator.
5. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Living room couch.
(b) Kitchen table.
(c) Back porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
3. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
4. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
5. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)