|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(c) Items for the children.
2. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(b) She pretends to be a nurse.
(c) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
(d) She pretends to deliver a package.
3. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Papa's wages.
(b) Nels' story telling.
(c) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(d) Mama's bank account.
4. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Papa leaves the family.
(b) The strike.
(c) Christine becomes ill.
(d) Nels is arrested.
5. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(b) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
2. What does Mama really do with the check?
3. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
5. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)