|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Christine's broken arm.
(b) The narrator's writing materials.
(c) Groceries for the aunts.
(d) Nels' high school.
2. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(b) She keeps leaving parts out.
(c) Her stories are boring.
(d) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
3. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Nels is arrested.
(b) Christine becomes ill.
(c) Papa leaves the family.
(d) The strike.
4. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) A turkey sandwich.
(b) Two cups of coffee.
(c) Bread and water.
5. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(b) He is a professional gambler.
(c) He steals heirlooms from families.
(d) He is a traveling salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Arne related to the narrator?
2. What does Mama really do with the check?
3. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
4. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
5. Who leaves Mama a check?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)