|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To give Nels his own room.
(b) To make room for a renter.
(c) To redecorate the room.
(d) To make room since the aunts visit.
2. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She keeps leaving parts out.
(b) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(c) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
(d) Her stories are boring.
3. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(b) A new coat.
(c) Books for the children.
(d) A new house.
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Aunt Trina.
5. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(b) Works to make extra money for the family.
(c) Helps Papa with household chores.
(d) Stays home to listen to a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
2. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
3. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
4. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
5. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)