|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(c) The newspaper.
2. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To make room since the aunts visit.
(b) To give Nels his own room.
(c) To redecorate the room.
(d) To make room for a renter.
3. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Her novel.
(d) A check.
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(b) Tears it up.
(c) Takes it to the bank.
(d) Burns it.
5. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Trina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
3. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
4. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
5. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)