|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Nels with homework?
(b) Mr. Hyde.
(c) The narrator.
2. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The German.
(b) The black Norwegian.
(c) The Scottish man.
(d) An old man.
3. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) An ear infection.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) Food poisoning.
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He gambles everything away and lost.
(c) He gives it to the family in his will.
(d) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
5. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(b) Kitchen table.
(c) Back porch.
(d) Living room couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
3. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
4. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
5. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)