|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(b) Mama's bank account.
(c) Papa's wages.
(d) Nels' story telling.
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) Everything is fine.
(c) Is good.
(d) God bless us.
3. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(b) A new coat.
(c) A new house.
(d) Books for the children.
4. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
(c) Aunt Trina.
5. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
2. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
3. Who leaves Mama a check?
4. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
5. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)