|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He gives it to the family in his will.
(b) He gambles everything away and lost.
(c) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(d) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
2. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Mr. Hyde.
(c) Uncle Chris.
3. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(b) A new coat.
(c) A new house.
(d) Books for the children.
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Tears it up.
(b) Takes it to the bank.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
2. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
3. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
4. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)