|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) Two cups of coffee.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) A turkey sandwich.
2. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(d) He gambles everything away and lost.
3. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To make room since the aunts visit.
(b) To give Nels his own room.
(c) To make room for a renter.
(d) To redecorate the room.
4. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(b) The newspaper.
5. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(c) Takes it to the bank.
(d) Tears it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
2. Who leaves Mama a check?
3. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
4. Why does this child need to have an operation?
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)