|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Marta.
(d) Aunt Trina.
2. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He gambles everything away and lost.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(d) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
3. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
4. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
5. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(b) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
2. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
3. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
4. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
5. Why does this child need to have an operation?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)