|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The drinking horn and coin collection.
(b) The silver broach and bridal chest.
(c) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(d) The silver broach and coin collection.
2. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He wears all black.
(b) He is African American.
(c) He smokes black tobacco.
(d) He has a black mustache.
3. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Helps Papa with household chores.
(b) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(c) Stays home to listen to a story.
(d) Works to make extra money for the family.
4. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(b) Items for the children.
5. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To make room for a renter.
(b) To redecorate the room.
(c) To make room since the aunts visit.
(d) To give Nels his own room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
3. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
4. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)