|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to deliver a package.
(b) She pretends to be a nurse.
(c) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(d) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
2. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Scrubbing with a brush.
(b) Mopping with a floor mop.
(c) Sweeping with a broom.
(d) Washing with a rag.
3. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(b) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He gives it to the family in his will.
4. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) Everything is fine.
(c) God bless us.
(d) Is good.
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
2. How is Arne related to the narrator?
3. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
4. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
5. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)