|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katrin's punishment for her F?
(a) She has to copy the lessons in the writing brochures.
(b) She has to give away the writing brochures.
(c) She has to retake the class over the summer.
(d) She has to give up her dream of becoming a writer.
2. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To give Nels his own room.
(b) To make room since the aunts visit.
(c) To make room for a renter.
(d) To redecorate the room.
3. What is the shared name of all three of Carmelita's brothers?
4. How many days of praying does the Catholic Novena include?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 16 days.
(d) 9 days.
5. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Nels' high school.
(b) Christine's broken arm.
(c) The narrator's writing materials.
(d) Groceries for the aunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
2. Who helps Nels with homework?
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
4. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
5. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)