|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He gives it to the family in his will.
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Little man.
(b) Light heart.
(c) Little friend.
(d) Last one.
3. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
4. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He is a professional gambler.
(b) He steals heirlooms from families.
(c) He is a traveling salesman.
(d) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
5. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Living room couch.
(b) Kitchen table.
(c) Back porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
2. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
4. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
5. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)