|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
(a) The girls can read magazines.
(b) They can play with makeup.
(c) She always has fresh cake to eat.
(d) They can see a baby.
2. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) Their family home in Norway.
(b) Uncle Chris' old house.
(c) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(d) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
3. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(a) The narrator.
4. Who forgets to turn on the heat in the school building during the reception?
(c) The janitress.
(d) Miss Grimes.
5. What is the name of the first boarder the family had at the Steiner Street house?
(a) Miss Grimes.
(b) Mister Ann.
(c) Miss Karboe.
(d) Miss Durant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
2. What school club does Christine lead?
3. How many days of praying does the Catholic Novena include?
4. Where is Katrin's special room in the Steiner Street home?
5. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)