|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Is good.
(b) Everything is fine.
(c) God bless us.
(d) Praise the Lord.
2. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(a) The narrator.
3. How many days of praying does the Catholic Novena include?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 16 days.
4. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(d) Items for the children.
5. What is Mama's request before choosing a hospital?
(a) For Papa to have his own room.
(b) To get care for free.
(c) To have a religous doctor.
(d) To stay with Papa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Hester plan to bring to the reception?
2. What school is Katrin going to for her "High" education?
3. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
4. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
5. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)