|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) Mama's Bank Account.
(b) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
(c) The Little Bank.
(d) Papa's wages.
2. What does Nels nickname the refinished basement?
(a) The Old Hole.
(b) The Dungeon.
(c) Glory Hole.
(d) Old Glory.
3. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(b) He is a traveling salesman.
(c) He is a professional gambler.
(d) He steals heirlooms from families.
4. What happens to Papa in the kitchen before Dr. Johnson comes over?
(a) He slouches over.
(b) He burns his arm.
(c) His head starts to bleed.
(d) He falls out of the chair.
5. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(b) Helps Papa with household chores.
(c) Works to make extra money for the family.
(d) Stays home to listen to a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Mama goes to see about the surgery keep complaining about while Mama is with her?
2. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
3. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
4. Who helps Nels with homework?
5. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)