|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama decide to make for Katrin's school reception?
(a) Fish stew.
(d) Meat balls.
2. Who helps Nels with homework?
(b) Mr. Hyde.
(c) The narrator.
3. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
(a) They can see a baby.
(b) The girls can read magazines.
(c) They can play with makeup.
(d) She always has fresh cake to eat.
4. Why does the family not serve food to the boarders on Sundays?
(a) The family runs out of food every Sunday.
(b) It is a family day.
(c) The boarders fasted on Sundays.
(d) The family wants to save money.
5. Who was Aunt Elna betrothed to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new baby's name?
2. How long does Katrin have to work before getting a salary?
3. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
4. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
5. What kind of candy does Mr. Grady bring the women every week?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)