|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) Papa's wages.
(b) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
(c) Mama's Bank Account.
(d) The Little Bank.
2. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Mop the floors.
(b) Plant a vegetable garden.
(c) Wash the clothes.
(d) Milk the goats.
3. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He gambles everything away and lost.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(d) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
4. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She pretends to be a nurse.
(b) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(c) She pretends to deliver a package.
(d) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
5. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Marta.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Aunt Trina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
2. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
3. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
4. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
5. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)