|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
(a) 1 free months.
(b) 4 free months.
(c) 3 free months.
(d) 2 free months.
2. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
(a) Takes Christine to the doctor.
(b) Works to make extra money for the family.
(c) Stays home to listen to a story.
(d) Helps Papa with household chores.
3. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Papa's wages.
(b) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(c) Nels' story telling.
(d) Mama's bank account.
4. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
(a) The Scottish man.
(b) An old man.
(c) The black Norwegian.
(d) The German.
5. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) The narrator's writing materials.
(b) Christine's broken arm.
(c) Groceries for the aunts.
(d) Nels' high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
2. What does the narrator try to give Mama at the end of Chapter 1?
3. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
4. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
5. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)