|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
2. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
(a) The narrator.
3. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) An ear infection.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A gunshot wound.
4. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(c) The newspaper.
5. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Takes it to the bank.
(d) Tears it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
2. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
3. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
4. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
5. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)