|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(b) He is a professional gambler.
(c) He is a traveling salesman.
(d) He steals heirlooms from families.
2. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(b) Items for the children.
3. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
(b) He gives it to the family in his will.
(c) He gambles everything away and lost.
(d) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
5. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) Her stories are boring.
(b) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(c) She keeps leaving parts out.
(d) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
2. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
3. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
4. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
5. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)