|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Papa decide to give up to save money?
(a) The newspaper.
2. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
4. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
(a) The children's birth certificates.
(b) A map of San Francisco.
(c) A Norwegian flag.
(d) The family portraits.
5. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Tears it up.
(c) Takes it to the bank.
(d) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
2. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
3. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
4. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
5. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)