|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
2. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) The child is not going to live.
(b) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(c) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(d) It is against hospital rules.
3. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
(a) Miss Grimes.
(b) Miss Lyons.
(c) Miss Scanlon.
(d) Miss Karboe.
4. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Mama's bank account.
(b) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(c) Papa's wages.
(d) Nels' story telling.
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
2. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
3. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
4. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
5. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)