|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new baby's name?
2. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(b) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(c) It is against hospital rules.
(d) The child is not going to live.
3. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Living room couch.
(b) Kitchen table.
(c) Back porch.
4. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
(a) 12 rooms.
(b) 6 rooms.
(c) 11 rooms.
(d) 4 rooms.
5. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) Is good.
(c) God bless us.
(d) Praise the Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
2. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
3. How is Arne related to the narrator?
4. Which character does Uncle Chris sing to?
5. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)