|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(c) Items for the children.
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Last one.
(b) Little man.
(c) Light heart.
(d) Little friend.
3. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He is African American.
(b) He smokes black tobacco.
(c) He has a black mustache.
(d) He wears all black.
4. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
(a) 3 free months.
(b) 1 free months.
(c) 2 free months.
(d) 4 free months.
5. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(b) Bread and water.
(c) A turkey sandwich.
(d) Two cups of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
2. How is Arne related to the narrator?
3. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
4. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
5. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)