|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A mop.
(d) A book.
2. This event causes finances to be low at the beginning of Chapter 2.
(a) Nels is arrested.
(b) Papa leaves the family.
(c) The strike.
(d) Christine becomes ill.
3. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Nels' high school.
(b) Christine's broken arm.
(c) The narrator's writing materials.
(d) Groceries for the aunts.
4. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
5. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Papa leaves the family.
(b) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(c) The girls start at a new school.
(d) Uncle Chris dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
2. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
3. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
4. What is the name of the school the girls attend?
5. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)