|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
(a) To redecorate the room.
(b) To make room for a renter.
(c) To give Nels his own room.
(d) To make room since the aunts visit.
2. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Uncle Chris dies.
(b) Papa leaves the family.
(c) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(d) The girls start at a new school.
3. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
4. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) A gunshot wound.
(b) An ear infection.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) A broken arm.
5. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) Papa's wages.
(b) Mama's Bank Account.
(c) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
(d) The Little Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
2. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
3. What major city does the family live in?
4. What does Mama really do with the check?
5. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)