|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Plant a vegetable garden.
(b) Milk the goats.
(c) Mop the floors.
(d) Wash the clothes.
2. Who leaves Mama a check?
(a) Uncle Chris.
(b) Aunt Sigrid.
(d) Mr. Hyde.
3. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is oriental.
(c) She is racist.
(d) She is late for their meeting.
4. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
(b) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are cousins.
5. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
(a) Little man.
(b) Little friend.
(c) Last one.
(d) Light heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
2. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
3. What is the new baby's name?
4. What does Nels do the night the boys get into trouble for breaking into a store?
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)