|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(a) A new house.
(c) A new coat.
(d) Books for the children.
2. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) Mama's Bank Account.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) The Little Bank.
(d) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
3. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
(a) The family portraits.
(b) A Norwegian flag.
(c) The children's birth certificates.
(d) A map of San Francisco.
4. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(b) A turkey sandwich.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Two cups of coffee.
5. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) An ear infection.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
2. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
3. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
4. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
5. What is Uncle Chris' nickname among family members?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)