|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
(a) To take her home.
(b) To help her with homework.
(c) To give her money.
(d) To translate a letter.
2. What is the name of the school the girls attend?
3. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
(a) Roller skating.
(c) Singing in the choir.
(d) Jumping rope.
4. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
(a) 3 free months.
(b) 4 free months.
(c) 1 free months.
(d) 2 free months.
5. In Chapter 1, the family needs extra money to pay for which of the following?
(a) Nels' high school.
(b) The narrator's writing materials.
(c) Groceries for the aunts.
(d) Christine's broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major city does the family live in?
2. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
3. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
4. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
5. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)