|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(b) Her stories are boring.
(c) She keeps leaving parts out.
(d) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
2. What major city does the family live in?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
3. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He is a professional gambler.
(b) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
(c) He steals heirlooms from families.
(d) He is a traveling salesman.
4. Where does Mama count the family's money every week?
(a) Back porch.
(b) Living room couch.
(d) Kitchen table.
5. What does Mama really do with the check?
(a) Tears it up.
(b) Takes it to the bank.
(c) Returns it to the person who gave it to her.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
2. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
3. Which fruit does Uncle Chris demand that the children eat more of?
4. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
5. What is the name of the school the girls attend?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)