|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major city does the family live in?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
2. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
3. Where does Mama get the money to pay for the operation?
(a) Mama's Bank Account.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) The Little Bank.
(d) Uncle Chris lets her borrow money.
4. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Plant a vegetable garden.
(b) Mop the floors.
(c) Wash the clothes.
(d) Milk the goats.
5. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
(a) She sneaks back when no one is watching.
(b) She pretends to be part of the cleaning staff.
(c) She pretends to deliver a package.
(d) She pretends to be a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
2. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
3. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
4. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
5. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)