|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Sweeping with a broom.
(b) Mopping with a floor mop.
(c) Scrubbing with a brush.
(d) Washing with a rag.
2. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The silver broach and coin collection.
(b) The silver broach and bridal chest.
(c) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
(d) The drinking horn and coin collection.
3. What does Mama have for lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) Two cups of coffee.
(b) Bread and water.
(d) A turkey sandwich.
4. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(b) Uncle Chris dies.
(c) Papa leaves the family.
(d) The girls start at a new school.
5. Which item does Mama not count out money for?
(d) Items for the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mama clear out the front room?
2. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
3. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
4. Where does the family take money from to pay for emergencies?
5. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)