|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama want to buy with the money from the check?
(a) Books for the children.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new coat.
2. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
(a) To help her with homework.
(b) To translate a letter.
(c) To take her home.
(d) To give her money.
3. What is the new baby's name?
4. Why does Katrin not like Miss Grimes?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is oriental.
(c) She is racist.
(d) She is late for their meeting.
5. What item acts as a sense of security for the children?
(a) Nels' story telling.
(b) Papa's wages.
(c) Aunt Sigrid's extra money.
(d) Mama's bank account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama really do with the check?
2. What is the phrase that Mama uses to let everyone know everything is going fine?
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator recalls the family home on which street?
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
5. What does Mr. Hyde leave for the children?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)