|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mama's storytelling worse than normal in Chapter 3?
(a) She keeps leaving parts out.
(b) Her stories are boring.
(c) She never tells an ending to her stories.
(d) She tells her stories in Norwegian.
2. What is the shared name of all three of Carmelita's brothers?
3. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
(a) 6 rooms.
(b) 4 rooms.
(c) 12 rooms.
(d) 11 rooms.
4. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(c) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Marta.
5. How does Uncle Chris spend his money?
(a) He helps sick children overcome disabilities.
(b) He gambles everything away and lost.
(c) He gives it to the family in his will.
(d) He puts it away for the childrens' education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
2. In Chapter 9, what part of Papa is hurting him?
3. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
4. What does Katrin do to try to get the money she needs to pay for the writing brochures?
5. Which items hang proudly on the wall in Mama and Papa's bedroom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)