|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
(b) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
(c) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
(d) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
2. How does Mama prefer to clean floors?
(a) Sweeping with a broom.
(b) Mopping with a floor mop.
(c) Washing with a rag.
(d) Scrubbing with a brush.
3. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
4. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It adds years to one's life.
(b) It keeps one warm.
(c) It is for good health.
(d) It is good for the stomach.
5. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) The child is not going to live.
(b) It is against hospital rules.
(c) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(d) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Marta and Uncle Ole bring the children while Papa is at the hospital?
2. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
3. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
4. Which character is with Uncle Chris when he passes away?
5. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)