|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Chris make his money?
(a) He steals heirlooms from families.
(b) He is a professional gambler.
(c) He is a traveling salesman.
(d) He restores old farms and sells them for profit.
2. Who does Mama have see to pay for the surgery?
(a) The surgeon's mother.
(b) The accountant.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The surgeon's wife.
3. What does Mama decide to make for Katrin's school reception?
(c) Fish stew.
(d) Meat balls.
4. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Wash the clothes.
(b) Mop the floors.
(c) Plant a vegetable garden.
(d) Milk the goats.
5. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) It is against hospital rules.
(b) The child is not going to live.
(c) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(d) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new baby's name?
2. What activity do Christine and the narrator miss doing when they move to their new home?
3. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
4. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
5. What does the first place winner for the contest Katrin entered receive as the prize?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)