|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which heirlooms does Uncle Chris sell without telling anyone?
(a) The drinking horn and coin collection.
(b) The silver broach and coin collection.
(c) The silver broach and bridal chest.
(d) The bridal chest and drinking horn.
2. What does Mama do when Katrin explains that she needs money?
(a) Refuses to speak to her for a week.
(b) Helps her find a job to earn the money.
(c) Makes her do extra chores for the money.
(d) Gives it to her since writing is her dream.
3. Why won't the doctor let Mama go see her child after the operation?
(a) The child is not going to live.
(b) Mama is upset and he is afraid she will scare the child.
(c) Mama can not afford to pay the hospital bill.
(d) It is against hospital rules.
4. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
5. What does Dagmar help Mama do in their new home?
(a) Wash the clothes.
(b) Plant a vegetable garden.
(c) Mop the floors.
(d) Milk the goats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unexpected classroom visitor want from Katrin?
2. Who does Mama have see to pay for the surgery?
3. What does Mama bring to school in the end of Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the first boarder the family had at the Steiner Street house?
5. What item does Katrin take from the boarder?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)