|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this child need to have an operation?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) An ear infection.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) Food poisoning.
2. Who does Mama have see to pay for the surgery?
(a) The accountant.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The surgeon's mother.
(d) The surgeon's wife.
3. How is Arne related to the narrator?
(a) Arne is the narrator's nephew.
(b) Arne is the narrator's uncle.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are cousins.
4. What is Katrin's punishment for her F?
(a) She has to give up her dream of becoming a writer.
(b) She has to copy the lessons in the writing brochures.
(c) She has to retake the class over the summer.
(d) She has to give away the writing brochures.
5. Why is Katrin upset with her classmates during the reception?
(a) They call her stupid.
(b) They make fun of her for the food she brings.
(c) They make fun of her outfit.
(d) They say her Mama has a funny accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
2. Which of the children has an operation in Chapter 3?
3. What does Katrin mean when she says, "It is something within me, Mama. Right here!"?
4. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
5. How does Mama finally sneak in to see her child at the hospital?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)