|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I promise you your husban'--he will be alright."
(a) The specialist.
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(d) Dr. Johnson.
2. Which character demands her dowry money back from Uncle Chris' estate?
(a) Aunt Sigrid.
(b) Aunt Trina.
(c) Aunt Marta.
3. What does Aunt Jenny bring Mama when she comes home from the hospital?
(c) A Blanket.
4. How is Mama able to come up with money to pay for the surgery?
(a) She takes money out of her downtown bank account.
(b) Aunts and uncles give her money.
(c) Katrin's school friends give the family money.
(d) Nels takes on a second job.
5. Why does Papa call Uncle Chris the "black Norwegian"?
(a) He wears all black.
(b) He smokes black tobacco.
(c) He has a black mustache.
(d) He is African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, Katrin, decides to change her name to what?
2. What does the Norwegian phrase "Lille Ven" mean?
3. Why does this child need to have an operation?
4. Which item is not being brought to the reception?
5. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)