|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carmelita say to defend the item she brought to the reception?
(a) It adds years to one's life.
(b) It keeps one warm.
(c) It is good for the stomach.
(d) It is for good health.
2. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Uncle Chris dies.
(b) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(c) The girls start at a new school.
(d) Papa leaves the family.
3. Who does Elizabeth belong too?
4. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
(a) The science room is locked.
(b) The stove is not working.
(c) There are no pots to boil water in.
(d) Mrs. Winford does not like tea.
5. What does the family plan to do with the Steiner Street home?
(a) Remodel it and sell it for a profit.
(b) Make it a boarding house.
(c) Sell eggs and milk out of the basement.
(d) Let all the aunts move in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama decide to make for Katrin's school reception?
2. What item does Hester ask to try as the women pack up the reception?
3. Who is the chairman of the reception refreshment team?
4. Who comes into Katrin's classroom unexpectedly?
5. What major city does the family live in?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)