|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama bring to school in the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Coffee and hot chocolate.
(b) Wine and soda.
(c) Water and cookies.
2. What does Mama tell Hester, Mary, and the rest of the girls to entice them to come to Katrin's house?
(a) She always has fresh cake to eat.
(b) They can see a baby.
(c) They can play with makeup.
(d) The girls can read magazines.
3. Why is the cat's name changed to "Uncle Elizabeth"?
(a) It reminded the family of their uncle.
(b) The children wanted a funny name for the cat.
(c) It bossed other cats around.
(d) It was a tomcat.
4. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
(a) There are no pots to boil water in.
(b) The science room is locked.
(c) Mrs. Winford does not like tea.
(d) The stove is not working.
5. Which aunt is having trouble keeping boarders?
(a) Aunt Elna.
(b) Aunt Jenny.
(c) Aunt Trina.
(d) Aunt Marta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katrin upset with her classmates during the reception?
2. Who asks, "Now truly, indeed, do you have Peder?"
3. What is the name of Katrin's teacher?
4. What major city does the family live in?
5. What sense is Aunt Elna missing?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)