|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
(b) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(c) To buy candy.
(d) To buy cat food.
2. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Bury it in the backyard.
(c) Fix it.
(d) Take it to the doctor.
3. How many free months of rent does the family receive from the Sondermans?
(a) 3 free months.
(b) 1 free months.
(c) 2 free months.
(d) 4 free months.
4. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
(a) Papa leaves the family.
(b) Mama gives birth to a new baby.
(c) Uncle Chris dies.
(d) The girls start at a new school.
5. How is Katrin going to keep the food hot for the reception?
(a) A crockpot.
(b) A chafing dish.
(c) A warming dish.
(d) A candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aunt Elna end up moving in with?
2. Who was Aunt Elna betrothed to?
3. What forbidden item does Carmelita bring to the reception?
4. What is the new baby's name?
5. Why is Katrin jealous of Christine while she waits at the reception?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)