|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does the Steiner Street house have?
(a) 4 rooms.
(b) 6 rooms.
(c) 12 rooms.
(d) 11 rooms.
2. What does Dagmar ask Mama to do with the cat?
(a) Take it to the doctor.
(b) Kill it.
(c) Bury it in the backyard.
(d) Fix it.
3. What did Mama ask the other children after Dagmar went to bed?
(a) Where to buy a new cat.
(b) How to bury a cat.
(c) Where to take the cat before Dagmar woke up.
(d) How to kill a cat.
4. Why do the children give Dagmar fifty cents?
(a) To buy candy.
(b) To take the cat to the veterinarian.
(c) To make her feel better since her cat was sick.
(d) To buy cat food.
5. Where does the family move when they left the Castro Street house?
(a) A chicken ranch across the bay.
(b) A boarding house on Steiner Street.
(c) Their family home in Norway.
(d) Uncle Chris' old house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the same day the family moves to the Steiner Street house?
2. What does the teacher send Katrin to find at the end of chapter 6?
3. What is the name of Katrin's only classmate who is nice to her?
4. Why can't any of the girls boil water for the tea during the reception?
5. What happens to Uncle Elizabeth in the end of Chapter 13?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)