|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must this be dislodged?
(a) It is growing larger.
(b) It has become imbedded.
(c) It is pressing on her brain stem.
(d) It is blocking a major artery.
2. What does the spirit do to Philo?
(a) He makes her ill.
(b) He makes her go blind.
(c) He makes her mute.
(d) He makes her deaf.
3. ____________________ when she agrees to return to her family land in Jean Rabel to give a feast for the family spirits.
(a) Her hearing is restored.
(b) Her sight is restored.
(c) Her health is restored.
(d) Her voice is restored.
4. During this procedure, she dreams of ____________ that makes her swear she will take the ason. She does swear it, and the medical procedure is a success.
(a) A giant cobra.
(b) A bear.
(c) A saint.
(d) A mermaid.
5. Second is called ____________, to transform suffering into power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this spirit love?
2. ______________ is the mother, the one who bears the children.
3. Philo discovers she is pregnant and does everything she can think of to miscarry, as another mouth to feed is the last thing she needs. The spirit __________________ comes to her in a dream and tells her to stop trying to kill her baby.
4. When he finds her, she repeatedly refuses service to him. Why?
5. In this chapter, Alourdes, Maggie, Karen, Big Daddy and Maggie's children arrive at Karen's new ______________ apartment in Manhattan.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)