|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We learn in this chapter that Maggie is almost more like a ______________ to Alourdes, someone upon who she relies heavily in her work as a manbo.
2. It is noted that what was removed at the same time?
(a) Her ovaries.
(b) The fetus of a partially formed twin sister.
(c) Her uterus.
(d) The fetus of a partially formed twin brother.
3. This chapter is a story about the life of Alourdes' ______________, Philomise.
4. Each of these women represents a generational link in a chain that, if broken, will cause what to happen to future generations?
(a) They will lose all power.
(b) They will lose their ancestral stories and their deepest connections to who they are.
(c) They will die.
(d) They will leave Haiti.
5. Second is called ____________, to transform suffering into power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alourdes has been hired to do some healing work for a woman in Kingston, as well as for Mabel's son. In Kingston, they meet _______________ who is devoutly attached to her Bible.
2. _________________ is a white woman.
3. This mothering spirit is tough and strict and sometimes very ____________.
4. All four successfully survive the initiation. The story jumps to some years later in Alourdes' Brooklyn basement where the three surviving siblings of the initiation are doing what?
5. This spirit goes absolutely wildly out of control at the sight of ______________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)