|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danbala operates from the territory of ______________, asking questions.
(a) Blood and memory.
2. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
(a) It is something the doctors are unable to properly diagnose or cure.
(b) It is a rare illness.
(c) It continues to get worse with medical care.
(d) It has come upon her suddenly.
3. What does this spirit love?
(a) All men.
(b) Fine clothes and jewelry and French perfume.
(d) Teaching others.
4. There are ___________ levels of initiation into Vodou.
5. Where does Papa Gede live?
(a) In the church.
(b) In the water.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) In the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philo catches the black fever plaguing Haiti. During her recovery, Ageou visits Philo in a dream and tells her what?
2. He represents the idea that Haitians must connect to what, while shedding their skin and recreating themselves as needed?
3. This chapter is about the female spirits who belong to the grouping known as ____________.
4. Each of these spirits exists in close relation to one another and, when considered as a group, are able to quite accurately paint a portrait of whom?
5. Why is this Karen's decision?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)