Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a ritual feeding of the poor?
(a) Monji pav.
(b) A Manje pov.
(c) Ponji mav.
(d) Panje mov.
2. All morning Mauvant is muttering that he is ________________ but no one pays him much attention.
3. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Stay away from him.
(b) Take him in.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Trust him.
4. This woman is a successful ____________ (market woman).
(b) Femme de marche.
(c) Marche femme.
5. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Cajou.
(b) Gros Morne.
(c) Gros Balance.
(d) Gros Vignon.
6. Who is Manman Marasa?
(a) The wife of Mauvant.
(b) The daughter of Mauvant.
(c) The sister of Mauvant.
(d) Mama Lola's cousin.
7. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(b) Around 10:00 at night.
(c) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(d) Around 5:00 in then evening.
8. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
(a) All the families in town.
(b) The leaders of the community.
(c) The children of the community.
(d) The Mauvant family's grown children and their children as well.
9. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
(a) Learn the history of Haiti.
(b) Relax and enjoy life.
(c) Pay homage to the spirits.
(d) Teach others about Vodou.
10. Where is this town located?
(a) In the southwest corner of Haiti.
(b) In the northwest corner of Haiti.
(c) In the southeast corner of Haiti.
(d) In the northeast corner of Haiti.
11. What does Mauvant vomit up?
(a) A small, smooth stone.
(b) A diamond.
(c) His lunch.
(d) A spirit.
12. Ogou teaches that in order to live, one must do what?
13. In the end, what happens in William's case?
(a) He is put in prison.
(b) He is placed in a mental institution.
(c) He is given community service.
(d) All charges are dropped.
14. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
(a) Certain authority.
(b) The American police force.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) A Vodou spirit.
15. Fouchard understands that she must do what?
(a) Close up shop and immediately leave town.
(b) Stay in her home.
(c) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(d) Care for Sina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sina shortly after this?
2. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
3. What is the setting?
4. They are received with a mixture of ____________________ by the rural townsfolk.
5. Who should Karen marry?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)