|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She later stages a ______________.
(a) Monji pav.
(b) Manje pov.
(c) Ponji mav.
(d) Panje mov.
2. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
3. What does McCarthy Brown do for Alourdes and Maggie?
(a) She steps in to assist in the process.
(b) She pays for William's bail.
(c) She translates for them.
(d) She acts as William's lawyer.
4. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
5. All morning Mauvant is muttering that he is ________________ but no one pays him much attention.
6. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
7. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
(c) Mama Lola.
8. For Karen, the trip is largely in the name of ____________.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Spending time with family.
9. Philo is treated very poorly, and at the age of ____________, she runs away.
10. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Kick him out.
(b) Put him in jail.
(c) Build him a hut in the compound.
(d) Force him to marry Sina.
11. Philo and a group of friends travel to ______________.
(a) Port au Prince.
(b) Santo Domingo.
(c) New York City.
12. What warrior lesson does Karen learn?
(a) Strike first and strike hard.
(b) Know what you want and fight for it.
(c) Learn how to wield a sword.
(d) Fight those who fight you.
13. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
14. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
(a) Robs her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Comes to live with her.
(d) Kicks her out of her new home.
15. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Vignon.
(b) Gros Balance.
(c) Gros Morne.
(d) Gros Cajou.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
2. What is the setting?
3. What is a ritual feeding of the poor?
4. Philo is taken in by a generous woman named _______________.
5. Who should Karen marry?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)