Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 - Joseph Binbin Mauvant
1. The first chapter of the book begins where?
In the rural mountains of Haiti.
2. The story begins on __________ early morning.
3. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
Mama Lola's great grandfather.
4. In what town does the story take place?
5. Where is this town located?
In the northwest corner of Haiti.
6. How old is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
7. What is the setting?
The Mauvant family compound.
8. Who is Manman Marasa?
The wife of Mauvant.
9. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
The Mauvant family's grown children and their children as well.
10. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
11. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
This section contains 2,983 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)