|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McCarthy Brown recounts in this chapter a trip she and Alourdes make together in ________ to Haiti.
2. All Vodou lwa are represented by what?
(a) The Apostles.
(b) A Catholic saint.
(d) Hindu gods.
3. What does the spirit do to Philo?
(a) He makes her go blind.
(b) He makes her mute.
(c) He makes her ill.
(d) He makes her deaf.
4. All morning Mauvant is muttering that he is ________________ but no one pays him much attention.
5. First, upon arrival in Haiti, the group visits _______________ where a ritual cleansing is performed.
(a) The hall.
(b) The church.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Vodou philosophy, the world is a precarious place, and it is naïve to think what?
2. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
3. Unfortunately, Fouchard's plan all along is to do what?
4. In time, the two become friends, and she tells him what story?
5. Second is called ____________, to transform suffering into power.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)