|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
(a) Karen should stay away from Vodou.
(b) Karen should call Papa Ogou.
(c) Karen should move to Haiti.
(d) Karen should marry Mama Lola's brother.
2. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
3. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
(c) Those who are not a part of the culture.
(d) Other women.
4. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
(a) Until late at night.
(b) Until early in the morning the next day.
(c) For the next week.
(d) Until early in the evening.
5. The litany of spirits and the litany of ancestral rite would be impossible to maintain in the realm of _________________ where the human and the divine are forbidden to mix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
2. Maggie tells the story of losing a ___________ (an important item in Vodou initiation rituals.) while in Haiti.
3. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
4. What should Karen take?
5. Where is this ritual feeding held?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)