|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McCarthy Brown do for Alourdes and Maggie?
(a) She pays for William's bail.
(b) She steps in to assist in the process.
(c) She translates for them.
(d) She acts as William's lawyer.
2. Philo and a group of friends travel to ______________.
(a) Santo Domingo.
(b) Port au Prince.
(c) New York City.
3. By the end of this chapter, Alourdes does what for Karen?
(a) Buys her supplies for being a manbo.
(b) Puts in a good word for her with the spirits.
(c) Reads her cards.
(d) Prays for her.
4. Why does Alourdes do this for Karen?
(a) She respects Karen.
(b) She loves Karen.
(c) In order to determine how involved she should become within the world of Vodou.
(d) She worries about Karen.
5. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philo realize?
2. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
3. First, upon arrival in Haiti, the group visits _______________ where a ritual cleansing is performed.
4. She later stages a ______________.
5. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)