|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. First, upon arrival in Haiti, the group visits _______________ where a ritual cleansing is performed.
(a) The church.
(b) The hall.
(c) The home.
(d) The cemetery.
2. The spirit, __________, comes to her in a dream.
3. What is a "met tet?"
(a) A grocery store.
(b) Master of her head.
(c) A beaded rattle.
(d) A Mets fan.
4. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) She tires of him.
(b) He does not carry his weight in the household.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He dies.
5. When Alourdes is possessed by Ogou, the __________ is always wielded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gede's domination of the realm of death is reflective of a time when males held the power in Haitian families, and this is not the case any longer. In consequence, and in showing how flexible and ever-evolving the culture of Vodou is, a strong female version of Gede is slowly emerging, whose name is _____________.
2. This spirit goes absolutely wildly out of control at the sight of ______________.
3. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
4. Philo is treated very poorly, and at the age of ____________, she runs away.
5. All morning Mauvant is muttering that he is ________________ but no one pays him much attention.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)