|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Papa Gede live?
(a) In the water.
(b) In the church.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) In the sky.
2. Fouchard feeds Sina and gives her a place to rest whenever she comes to town to sell her goods at the market. Why does Fouchard do this?
(a) She is a kind woman.
(b) She knows that these favors will oblige Sina to her.
(c) She cares for Sina.
(d) She is Sina's aunt.
3. We learn in this chapter that Maggie is almost more like a ______________ to Alourdes, someone upon who she relies heavily in her work as a manbo.
4. In the end, what happens in William's case?
(a) All charges are dropped.
(b) He is placed in a mental institution.
(c) He is given community service.
(d) He is put in prison.
5. Marie Noelsine is befriended by Madame Fouchard, the local _____________ in Port-de-Paix.
(a) School teacher.
(b) Store keeper.
(c) Religious leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
2. What does Alourdes ask Karen?
3. Why must this be dislodged?
4. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
5. Alourdes, Mabel and Karen travel to a large _______________ in Kingston where Alourdes is to "treat" a parcel of land the owner needs to sell.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)