|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Take him in.
(c) Trust him.
(d) Stay away from him.
2. Fouchard feeds Sina and gives her a place to rest whenever she comes to town to sell her goods at the market. Why does Fouchard do this?
(a) She is a kind woman.
(b) She cares for Sina.
(c) She knows that these favors will oblige Sina to her.
(d) She is Sina's aunt.
3. Why does he fund this?
(a) So that Philo will leave him alone.
(b) So that Philo can have a vacation.
(c) So that Philo will be happy.
(d) So that Philo can be reunited with Sina.
4. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Vignon.
(b) Gros Cajou.
(c) Gros Balance.
(d) Gros Morne.
5. Why does Sina decide to "give" Philo, her baby, to Madame Fouchard?
(a) Sina does not like Philo.
(b) Sina knows that Madame Fouchard has control over her.
(c) Sina needs the money Madame Fouchard gives her for taking in Philo.
(d) Sina knows that a single mother raising three children will not be able to provide a very good life for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July of 1981, they travel to Haiti and meet up with a Haitian woman named ____________ who will undergo the initiation as well.
2. The spirit, __________, comes to her in a dream.
3. This chapter is about the female spirits who belong to the grouping known as ____________.
4. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
5. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)