|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
(a) April of 1981.
(b) January of 1981.
(c) March of 1981.
(d) November of 1981.
2. She is seen as the image of what?
(a) A fish or snake.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A mermaid or a whale.
(d) A piece of seaweed.
3. In time, the two become friends, and she tells him what story?
(a) Of how she began studying Vodou.
(b) Of how she began her work in treating people.
(c) Of how she first came to Haiti.
(d) Of how she became a Haitian.
4. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
(a) Marie Noelsine.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Marie Louise.
(d) Marie Noelle.
5. In what town does the story take place?
(b) Jean Rabel.
(c) Port au Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. This spirit goes absolutely wildly out of control at the sight of ______________.
2. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
3. Why is Azaka mad?
4. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
5. Gede's domination of the realm of death is reflective of a time when males held the power in Haitian families, and this is not the case any longer. In consequence, and in showing how flexible and ever-evolving the culture of Vodou is, a strong female version of Gede is slowly emerging, whose name is _____________.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)