|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
(a) Car sales.
(b) The market.
(c) Apartment rental.
(d) The previous year's party.
2. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
3. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
(a) The male counterpart to Azaka.
(b) Azaka's brother.
(c) The female counterpart to Azaka.
(d) Mama Lola's spiritual advisor.
4. Why is Azaka mad?
(a) Azaka is in a bad mood.
(b) Azaka thinks Alourdes is not going to throw him a party.
(c) Azaka does not want Alourdes to throw him a party.
(d) Azaka thinks Alourdes does not love him.
5. What does Mauvant vomit up?
(a) A diamond.
(b) His lunch.
(c) A small, smooth stone.
(d) A spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen decide?
2. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
3. We learn in this chapter that Maggie is almost more like a ______________ to Alourdes, someone upon who she relies heavily in her work as a manbo.
4. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
5. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)