|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each of these women represents a generational link in a chain that, if broken, will cause what to happen to future generations?
(a) They will leave Haiti.
(b) They will lose their ancestral stories and their deepest connections to who they are.
(c) They will lose all power.
(d) They will die.
2. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 10:00 at night.
(b) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(d) Around 5:00 in the morning.
3. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
(a) Selling her goods at the market.
(b) Tutoring children.
(c) Saving her inheritance.
4. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Serve him.
(d) Scare him.
5. Fouchard understands that she must do what?
(a) Close up shop and immediately leave town.
(b) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(c) Stay in her home.
(d) Care for Sina.
Short Answer Questions
1. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
2. Why does Sina decide to "give" Philo, her baby, to Madame Fouchard?
3. What happens to a person who catches a glimpse of her beneath the water that reaches out to touch her?
4. Why is Azaka mad?
5. What does Philo not want to do?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)