|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he finds her, she repeatedly refuses service to him. Why?
(a) The spirits have not come to her to explain how to treat the boy.
(b) She does not want to help him.
(c) She does not trust him.
(d) She does not believe she is capable of helping him.
2. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) She tires of him.
(b) He is abusive.
(c) He does not carry his weight in the household.
(d) He dies.
3. Healers such as Alourdes are specialists who are for hire in order to do what?
(a) Talk to the spirits.
(b) Bring peace to all Haitians.
(c) Assist in the labor required to orchestrate good luck.
(d) Make the spirits happy.
4. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Help her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Not work for her.
5. Back to the present time in the hospital, Maggie is undergoing a procedure where what must be dislodged?
(a) The tube in her stomach into which her fluids are draining.
(b) The tumor.
(c) A growth.
(d) The cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Vodou philosophy, the world is a precarious place, and it is naïve to think what?
2. By the end of this chapter, Alourdes does what for Karen?
3. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
4. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
5. Alourdes has been hired to do some healing work for a woman in Kingston, as well as for Mabel's son. In Kingston, they meet _______________ who is devoutly attached to her Bible.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)