|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________________ when she agrees to return to her family land in Jean Rabel to give a feast for the family spirits.
(a) Her health is restored.
(b) Her sight is restored.
(c) Her voice is restored.
(d) Her hearing is restored.
2. Why is this Karen's decision?
(a) She wants to be a Vodou priestess.
(b) She wants to be a part of Alourdes' family.
(c) She wants to believe in something.
(d) She wants to have confidence in herself the way Alourdes does.
3. Why must this be dislodged?
(a) It is blocking a major artery.
(b) It is growing larger.
(c) It has become imbedded.
(d) It is pressing on her brain stem.
4. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
5. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(b) An ason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papa Gede live?
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
3. What should Karen take?
4. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
5. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)