|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alourdes do this for Karen?
(a) In order to determine how involved she should become within the world of Vodou.
(b) She loves Karen.
(c) She worries about Karen.
(d) She respects Karen.
2. By the end of this chapter, Alourdes does what for Karen?
(a) Puts in a good word for her with the spirits.
(b) Prays for her.
(c) Reads her cards.
(d) Buys her supplies for being a manbo.
3. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
(b) High-risk situations.
(c) A great depression.
(d) Service of the spirits.
4. In the end, what happens in William's case?
(a) All charges are dropped.
(b) He is placed in a mental institution.
(c) He is given community service.
(d) He is put in prison.
5. Each of these women represents a generational link in a chain that, if broken, will cause what to happen to future generations?
(a) They will leave Haiti.
(b) They will lose all power.
(c) They will lose their ancestral stories and their deepest connections to who they are.
(d) They will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. In time, the two become friends, and she tells him what story?
2. Philo meets a man named Luc Charles with whom she bears a child named ______________.
3. Who should Karen marry?
4. The day arrives when a ________ (an evil spirit, in this case, a two legged horse which stands straight like a man) visits Madame Fouchard in the middle of the night.
5. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)