|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day arrives when a ________ (an evil spirit, in this case, a two legged horse which stands straight like a man) visits Madame Fouchard in the middle of the night.
2. Philo catches the black fever plaguing Haiti. During her recovery, Ageou visits Philo in a dream and tells her what?
(a) How to cure Clement Rapelle's son.
(b) How to give Clement Rapelle a son.
(c) How to protect Clement Rapelle's son.
(d) How to find Clement Rapelle's son.
3. What does Mauvant vomit up?
(a) A small, smooth stone.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A spirit.
(d) His lunch.
4. Why does Alourdes do this for Karen?
(a) She loves Karen.
(b) In order to determine how involved she should become within the world of Vodou.
(c) She worries about Karen.
(d) She respects Karen.
5. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
(a) It is a rare illness.
(b) It continues to get worse with medical care.
(c) It is something the doctors are unable to properly diagnose or cure.
(d) It has come upon her suddenly.
Short Answer Questions
1. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
2. Rapelle is told in the dream that she will be able to do what?
3. Ogou teaches that in order to live, one must do what?
4. What does this spirit love?
5. Alourdes remembers whose birth?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)