|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
2. Where is this ritual feeding held?
(a) In church in Port-au-Prince.
(b) In the town hall in Port-au-Prince.
(c) In the cemetery of Port-au-Prince.
(d) In someone's home in Port-au-Prince.
3. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Trust him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Take him in.
(d) Stay away from him.
4. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Move to a neighboring town.
(b) Convince him to leave.
(c) Remove him from the compound.
(d) Kill him.
5. Rapelle is told in the dream that she will be able to do what?
(a) Give him a son.
(b) Help him find his son.
(c) Help to cure his ailing son.
(d) Protect his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
2. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
3. How do they know this illness is a sure sign of illness caused by the spirits?
4. Fouchard understands that she must do what?
5. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)