|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting?
(a) The Mauvant family store.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The town market.
(d) The Mauvant family compound.
2. When Karen decides to marry Papa Ogou, Alourdes tells her that she must also marry Papa Danbala. Why?
(a) For the sake of honor.
(b) For the sake of balance.
(c) So she may have two husbands.
(d) So he will not be lonely.
3. Ogou Badagri, the shy, handsome, brave and loyal, is Alourdes' _____________ from the spirit world.
(a) Chief counselor.
4. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
(a) Kicks her out of her new home.
(b) Robs her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Comes to live with her.
5. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He tells stories.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He talks to the spirits.
(d) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Alourdes and Maggie feel about the idea of having to deal with the American police?
2. Alourdes and Maggie have the responsibility of keeping the women of this line, Sina, Philo and beyond, as well as the family spirits, alive with what?
3. After losing this, she subsequently had a dream of what?
4. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
5. Why does Sina decide to "give" Philo, her baby, to Madame Fouchard?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)