|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We learn in this chapter that Maggie is almost more like a ______________ to Alourdes, someone upon who she relies heavily in her work as a manbo.
2. This spirit is never satisfied, always craving more ____________________.
(d) Love, wealth and honor.
3. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 10:00 at night.
(b) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(d) Around 10:00 in the morning.
4. The spirit Papa Danbala is very _________, so when he "mounts" his horse, or manbo, in the possession-performance, he utters sounds only and does not speak.
5. What does Philo not want to do?
(a) Take on the responsibility.
(b) Put a curse on others.
(c) Help others.
(d) Leave Haiti.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
2. In this chapter we learn that Vodou rituals are always opened with what?
3. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
4. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
5. Philo meets a man named Luc Charles with whom she bears a child named ______________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)