|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Killed his family.
(b) Spoken to the spirits.
(c) Broken with his family.
(d) Left the military.
2. When Alourdes is possessed by Ogou, the __________ is always wielded.
3. How do Alourdes and Maggie feel about the idea of having to deal with the American police?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They are excited.
4. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
5. We learn in this chapter that Maggie is almost more like a ______________ to Alourdes, someone upon who she relies heavily in her work as a manbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
2. He represents the idea that Haitians must connect to what, while shedding their skin and recreating themselves as needed?
3. Philo discovers she is pregnant and does everything she can think of to miscarry, as another mouth to feed is the last thing she needs. The spirit __________________ comes to her in a dream and tells her to stop trying to kill her baby.
4. Each of these spirits exists in close relation to one another and, when considered as a group, are able to quite accurately paint a portrait of whom?
5. What does this spirit love?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)