|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
(a) Apartment rental.
(b) The market.
(c) Car sales.
(d) The previous year's party.
2. Where is this town located?
(a) In the southwest corner of Haiti.
(b) In the northeast corner of Haiti.
(c) In the northwest corner of Haiti.
(d) In the southeast corner of Haiti.
3. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
(b) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
(c) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
(d) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
4. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
(a) Pay homage to the spirits.
(b) Teach others about Vodou.
(c) Relax and enjoy life.
(d) Learn the history of Haiti.
5. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(b) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 10:00 at night.
(d) Around 5:00 in then evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
2. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
3. When he finds her, she repeatedly refuses service to him. Why?
4. What does Philo realize?
5. The spirit, __________, comes to her in a dream.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)