|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The litany of spirits and the litany of ancestral rite would be impossible to maintain in the realm of _________________ where the human and the divine are forbidden to mix.
2. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
(a) The American police force.
(b) A Vodou spirit.
(c) Certain authority.
(d) Bad luck.
3. Often this way of thinking can lead a Haitian woman into what?
(a) A great depression.
(b) High-risk situations.
(d) Service of the spirits.
4. The story begins on __________ early morning.
(a) A strange.
(b) A cold.
(c) A stormy.
(d) A typical.
5. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
(a) Mama Lola's brother.
(b) Mama Lola's father.
(c) Mama Lola's great grandfather.
(d) Mama Lola's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philo realize?
2. Where is this town located?
3. Danbala operates from the territory of ______________, asking questions.
4. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
5. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)