|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Danbala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alourdes and Maggie feel about the idea of having to deal with the American police?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are annoyed.
(c) They are terrified.
(d) They are excited.
2. They are received with a mixture of ____________________ by the rural townsfolk.
(a) Anger and fear.
(b) Annoyance and fear.
(c) Fear and excitement.
(d) Fascination and expectation.
3. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
(a) The leaders of the community.
(b) The Mauvant family's grown children and their children as well.
(c) All the families in town.
(d) The children of the community.
4. What should Karen take?
(a) The initiation rite.
(b) A walk through a cemetery.
(c) First Communion.
(d) A course in Vodou.
5. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Move to a neighboring town.
(b) Convince him to leave.
(c) Remove him from the compound.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must this be dislodged?
2. McCarthy Brown recounts in this chapter a trip she and Alourdes make together in ________ to Haiti.
3. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
4. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
5. In time, the two become friends, and she tells him what story?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)