|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Philo and a group of friends travel to ______________.
(a) New York City.
(c) Port au Prince.
(d) Santo Domingo.
2. Each of these spirits exists in close relation to one another and, when considered as a group, are able to quite accurately paint a portrait of whom?
(a) All people and the circumstances in which they exist.
(b) The Haitian woman and the circumstances in which they exist.
(c) All women and the circumstances in which they exist.
(d) All Haitian people and the circumstances in which they exist.
3. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
4. What does this spirit love?
(a) Teaching others.
(b) Fine clothes and jewelry and French perfume.
(d) All men.
5. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
(a) May of 1983.
(b) May of 1984.
(c) May of 1982.
(d) May of 1981.
Short Answer Questions
1. This mothering spirit is tough and strict and sometimes very ____________.
2. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
3. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
4. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
5. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)