|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this ritual feeding held?
(a) In the town hall in Port-au-Prince.
(b) In the cemetery of Port-au-Prince.
(c) In someone's home in Port-au-Prince.
(d) In church in Port-au-Prince.
2. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In Brooklyn.
(b) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
(c) In the city of Port au Prince.
(d) In TriBeCa.
3. What does Philo not want to do?
(a) Put a curse on others.
(b) Help others.
(c) Take on the responsibility.
(d) Leave Haiti.
4. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
(a) Azaka is punishing her.
(b) Azaka is speaking to her.
(c) Azaka is praising her.
(d) Azaka is ignoring her.
5. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
(a) Karen should move to Haiti.
(b) Karen should marry Mama Lola's brother.
(c) Karen should call Papa Ogou.
(d) Karen should stay away from Vodou.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
2. What is the reasoning for the answer to number 96?
3. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
4. In time, the two become friends, and she tells him what story?
5. _________________ is a white woman.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)