|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Philo and a group of friends travel to ______________.
(a) Port au Prince.
(c) New York City.
(d) Santo Domingo.
2. This chapter is about the female spirits who belong to the grouping known as ____________.
3. ____________ is finally reacted by Karen, Alourdes and their traveling companions.
(a) Gros Cajou.
(b) Gros Balance.
(c) Gros Morne.
(d) Gros Vignon.
4. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
(a) For the next week.
(b) Until late at night.
(c) Until early in the morning the next day.
(d) Until early in the evening.
5. What should Karen take?
(a) First Communion.
(b) A walk through a cemetery.
(c) The initiation rite.
(d) A course in Vodou.
Short Answer Questions
1. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
2. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
3. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
4. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
5. ____________________ when she agrees to return to her family land in Jean Rabel to give a feast for the family spirits.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)