|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) On his porch.
(b) Outside the general store.
(c) In the center square.
(d) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
2. In the market of _____________, Philo finds her sister, Gloria.
3. ______________ is the mother, the one who bears the children.
(a) Ezili Asrial.
(b) Ezili Lasyrenn.
(c) Ezili Danto.
(d) Ezili Freda.
4. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) He dies.
(b) She tires of him.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He does not carry his weight in the household.
5. Why does Sina decide to "give" Philo, her baby, to Madame Fouchard?
(a) Sina needs the money Madame Fouchard gives her for taking in Philo.
(b) Sina knows that Madame Fouchard has control over her.
(c) Sina does not like Philo.
(d) Sina knows that a single mother raising three children will not be able to provide a very good life for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
2. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
3. Fouchard understands that she must do what?
4. Philo is treated very poorly, and at the age of ____________, she runs away.
5. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)