|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "met tet?"
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A beaded rattle.
(c) A Mets fan.
(d) Master of her head.
2. Why does Alourdes do this for Karen?
(a) In order to determine how involved she should become within the world of Vodou.
(b) She worries about Karen.
(c) She loves Karen.
(d) She respects Karen.
3. What happens to Sina shortly after this?
(a) She returns to the United States.
(b) She becomes a manbo.
(c) She is poisoned and killed.
(d) She moves back into the country.
4. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
(a) Very intelligent.
(b) A devoted friend to Alourdes and her family.
(c) A liar.
(d) A good lawyer.
5. Philo and a group of friends travel to ______________.
(a) Santo Domingo.
(b) New York City.
(d) Port au Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
2. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
3. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
4. They are received with a mixture of ____________________ by the rural townsfolk.
5. There are _______ different subdivisions of Ogou.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)