|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
2. What is agreed upon between Mama Lola and Karen?
(a) Karen should stay away from Vodou.
(b) Karen should marry Mama Lola's brother.
(c) Karen should move to Haiti.
(d) Karen should call Papa Ogou.
3. McCarthy Brown recounts in this chapter a trip she and Alourdes make together in ________ to Haiti.
4. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
(a) Macena's dog.
(b) Macena's best friend.
(c) Macena's servant.
(d) Macena's favorite cock.
5. Philo catches the black fever plaguing Haiti. During her recovery, Ageou visits Philo in a dream and tells her what?
(a) How to find Clement Rapelle's son.
(b) How to protect Clement Rapelle's son.
(c) How to give Clement Rapelle a son.
(d) How to cure Clement Rapelle's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
2. This spirit is never satisfied, always craving more ____________________.
3. ____________________ when she agrees to return to her family land in Jean Rabel to give a feast for the family spirits.
4. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
5. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)