|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
(b) He talks to the spirits.
(c) He tells stories.
(d) He sleeps.
2. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
(a) Certain authority.
(b) The American police force.
(c) A Vodou spirit.
(d) Bad luck.
3. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
(a) Help her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Not work for her.
(d) Ignore her.
4. Unfortunately, Fouchard's plan all along is to do what?
(a) Utilize Philo as a maid whom she will not have to pay.
(b) Sell Philo.
(c) Have Philo be the daughter she always wanted.
(d) Return Philo to her mother as soon as possible.
5. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Bartering with sex.
(b) Selling precious items.
(c) Cooking for wealthy families.
(d) Giving away her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
2. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
3. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
4. Where is this town located?
5. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)