|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Ezili.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
2. The spirit, __________, comes to her in a dream.
3. By the end of this chapter, Alourdes does what for Karen?
(a) Reads her cards.
(b) Buys her supplies for being a manbo.
(c) Puts in a good word for her with the spirits.
(d) Prays for her.
4. The emphasis in this chapter is on what?
(a) The relationships between men and women.
(b) The economic status of all Haitians.
(c) The economics of women's lives.
(d) The history of Haitian politics.
5. There are _______ different subdivisions of Ogou.
(b) Very few.
(c) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
2. Philo and a group of friends travel to ______________.
3. What does Philo not want to do?
4. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
5. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)