|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alourdes do this for Karen?
(a) In order to determine how involved she should become within the world of Vodou.
(b) She loves Karen.
(c) She worries about Karen.
(d) She respects Karen.
2. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) Other women.
(b) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
(c) Those who are not a part of the culture.
(d) The wealthy.
3. What does Alourdes want to gather?
(a) Her family and friends.
(b) Essential ingredients needed for ceremonies.
(c) Her thoughts.
(d) Those who want to become Vodou healers.
4. Kouzinn is _____________, a trade that is key to the survival for the poor women of Haiti.
(a) A market woman.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A healer.
(d) A doctor.
5. She is taken back to _______________.
(a) Gros Bassin.
(b) Gros Morne.
(c) Gros Cabrit.
(d) Gros Cheval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCarthy Brown do for Alourdes and Maggie?
2. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
3. What does Mauvant vomit up?
4. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
5. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)