|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
2. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
(a) A devoted friend to Alourdes and her family.
(b) Very intelligent.
(c) A liar.
(d) A good lawyer.
3. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
4. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
(a) The market.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The school.
(d) The mall.
5. Who is Manman Marasa?
(a) The wife of Mauvant.
(b) Mama Lola's cousin.
(c) The sister of Mauvant.
(d) The daughter of Mauvant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
3. In what town does the story take place?
4. The day arrives when a ________ (an evil spirit, in this case, a two legged horse which stands straight like a man) visits Madame Fouchard in the middle of the night.
5. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)