|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fouchard feeds Sina and gives her a place to rest whenever she comes to town to sell her goods at the market. Why does Fouchard do this?
(a) She knows that these favors will oblige Sina to her.
(b) She is a kind woman.
(c) She cares for Sina.
(d) She is Sina's aunt.
2. What is the setting?
(a) The Mauvant family compound.
(b) The town market.
(c) The Mauvant family store.
(d) The town hall.
3. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(b) Around 10:00 at night.
(c) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(d) Around 5:00 in then evening.
4. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Take him in.
(b) Stay away from him.
(c) Trust him.
(d) Forgive him.
5. What happens to Sina shortly after this?
(a) She moves back into the country.
(b) She returns to the United States.
(c) She is poisoned and killed.
(d) She becomes a manbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
2. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
3. Kouzinn is _____________, a trade that is key to the survival for the poor women of Haiti.
4. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
5. The story begins on __________ early morning.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)