|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Haiti, before she moved to America, Alourdes, like most other Haitian women, did whatever it took to feed herself and her family, including what?
(a) Cooking for wealthy families.
(b) Bartering with sex.
(c) Selling precious items.
(d) Giving away her children.
2. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
(a) March of 1981.
(b) November of 1981.
(c) January of 1981.
(d) April of 1981.
3. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
4. She later stages a ______________.
(a) Manje pov.
(b) Ponji mav.
(c) Panje mov.
(d) Monji pav.
5. Ogou teaches that in order to live, one must do what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
2. Who is Manman Marasa?
3. She buys land in _____________, building her house with her own hands.
4. McCarthy Brown recounts in this chapter a trip she and Alourdes make together in ________ to Haiti.
5. She is taken back to _______________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)