|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
(b) In Brooklyn.
(c) In TriBeCa.
(d) In the city of Port au Prince.
2. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
(a) Robs her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Comes to live with her.
(d) Kicks her out of her new home.
3. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He tells stories.
(c) He talks to the spirits.
(d) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
4. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
(a) The market.
(b) Apartment rental.
(c) Car sales.
(d) The previous year's party.
5. Fouchard understands that she must do what?
(a) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(b) Close up shop and immediately leave town.
(c) Stay in her home.
(d) Care for Sina.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
2. What is the setting?
3. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
4. Fouchard feeds Sina and gives her a place to rest whenever she comes to town to sell her goods at the market. Why does Fouchard do this?
5. How old is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)