|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kouzinn is _____________, a trade that is key to the survival for the poor women of Haiti.
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A market woman.
(d) A healer.
2. What is a ritual feeding of the poor?
(a) Monji pav.
(b) Ponji mav.
(c) Panje mov.
(d) A Manje pov.
3. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
(a) Teach others about Vodou.
(b) Relax and enjoy life.
(c) Pay homage to the spirits.
(d) Learn the history of Haiti.
4. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Serve him.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Scare him.
5. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
(a) Macena's dog.
(b) Macena's best friend.
(c) Macena's servant.
(d) Macena's favorite cock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
2. The journey into rural Haiti is ____________ one.
3. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
4. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
5. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)