|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
(a) March of 1981.
(b) November of 1981.
(c) January of 1981.
(d) April of 1981.
2. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
3. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Force him to marry Sina.
(b) Build him a hut in the compound.
(c) Kick him out.
(d) Put him in jail.
4. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
(a) May of 1981.
(b) May of 1982.
(c) May of 1984.
(d) May of 1983.
5. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Scare him.
(d) Serve him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While power liberates, it also can do what to those who wield it?
2. Marie Noelsine is befriended by Madame Fouchard, the local _____________ in Port-de-Paix.
3. The story begins on __________ early morning.
4. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
5. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)