|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She buys land in _____________, building her house with her own hands.
(a) Gros Mango.
(b) Gros Balance.
(c) Gros Morne.
(d) Gros Cajou.
2. McCarthy Brown recounts in this chapter a trip she and Alourdes make together in ________ to Haiti.
3. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
4. This is done around ____________.
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 4:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
5. By the end of this chapter, Alourdes does what for Karen?
(a) Puts in a good word for her with the spirits.
(b) Buys her supplies for being a manbo.
(c) Prays for her.
(d) Reads her cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philo is treated very poorly, and at the age of ____________, she runs away.
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
3. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
4. For Karen, the trip is largely in the name of ____________.
5. What does Mauvant vomit up?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)