|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alourdes do this for Karen?
(a) She loves Karen.
(b) She worries about Karen.
(c) In order to determine how involved she should become within the world of Vodou.
(d) She respects Karen.
2. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Take him in.
(c) Trust him.
(d) Stay away from him.
3. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) Those who are not a part of the culture.
(b) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
(c) Other women.
(d) The wealthy.
4. This chapter we learn more about Kouzinn, the spirit who is what?
(a) The female counterpart to Azaka.
(b) Azaka's brother.
(c) The male counterpart to Azaka.
(d) Mama Lola's spiritual advisor.
5. Why does he fund this?
(a) So that Philo can have a vacation.
(b) So that Philo will leave him alone.
(c) So that Philo can be reunited with Sina.
(d) So that Philo will be happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
2. By the end of this chapter, Alourdes does what for Karen?
3. For Karen, the trip is largely in the name of ____________.
4. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
5. She is taken back to _______________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)