|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
2. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He talks to the spirits.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
(d) He tells stories.
3. This woman is a successful ____________ (market woman).
(a) Marche femme.
(c) Femme de marche.
4. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
(a) The previous year's party.
(b) Apartment rental.
(c) The market.
(d) Car sales.
5. Kouzinn is _____________, a trade that is key to the survival for the poor women of Haiti.
(a) A doctor.
(b) A market woman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A healer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philo and a group of friends travel to ______________.
2. Where is this town located?
3. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
4. Despite her power as a Vodou priestess and the protection that she enjoys at the hands of the spirits, ________________ is enough to upturn Alourdes' life.
5. For Alourdes, it is a journey long overdue to do what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)