|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Kouzinn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ______________, Alourdes' son William, who is mentally retarded, is arrested for a purse snatching.
(a) April of 1981.
(b) March of 1981.
(c) January of 1981.
(d) November of 1981.
2. Alourdes ____________ the family spirits that inhabit the land.
3. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
(a) Pay for his services.
(b) Live their lives
(c) Worship him.
(d) Dismantle his altar.
4. What should Karen take?
(a) The initiation rite.
(b) A course in Vodou.
(c) First Communion.
(d) A walk through a cemetery.
5. The capital earned by this career gives her leverage over what?
(a) Those who are not a part of the culture.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) Other women.
(d) An otherwise male-dominated culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alourdes want to gather?
2. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
3. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
4. What is the setting?
5. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)