|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - The Baka Made from Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
(a) May of 1982.
(b) May of 1984.
(c) May of 1981.
(d) May of 1983.
2. What happens to Sina shortly after this?
(a) She becomes a manbo.
(b) She moves back into the country.
(c) She returns to the United States.
(d) She is poisoned and killed.
3. In the end, what happens in William's case?
(a) He is given community service.
(b) All charges are dropped.
(c) He is put in prison.
(d) He is placed in a mental institution.
4. How old is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
5. Why does Sina decide to "give" Philo, her baby, to Madame Fouchard?
(a) Sina knows that a single mother raising three children will not be able to provide a very good life for them.
(b) Sina needs the money Madame Fouchard gives her for taking in Philo.
(c) Sina knows that Madame Fouchard has control over her.
(d) Sina does not like Philo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
2. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
3. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
4. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
5. By the end of this chapter, Alourdes does what for Karen?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)