|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - The Baka Made from Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While power liberates, it also can do what to those who wield it?
(a) Betray and destroy.
(b) Spread their power.
(c) Increase their power.
(d) Encourage them to do good with their power.
2. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) On his porch.
(b) Outside the general store.
(c) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
(d) In the center square.
3. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
(a) Her effective treatments and her fairness with her clients.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her influence among the authorities.
4. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
(a) Tutoring children.
(c) Selling her goods at the market.
(d) Saving her inheritance.
5. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Broken with his family.
(b) Left the military.
(c) Spoken to the spirits.
(d) Killed his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day arrives when a ________ (an evil spirit, in this case, a two legged horse which stands straight like a man) visits Madame Fouchard in the middle of the night.
2. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
3. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
4. What is the setting?
5. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)