|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - The Baka Made from Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sina decide to "give" Philo, her baby, to Madame Fouchard?
(a) Sina does not like Philo.
(b) Sina knows that Madame Fouchard has control over her.
(c) Sina needs the money Madame Fouchard gives her for taking in Philo.
(d) Sina knows that a single mother raising three children will not be able to provide a very good life for them.
2. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
3. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(a) An ason.
4. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) A surprise.
(b) An anniversary.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A pizza.
5. How do Alourdes and Maggie feel about the idea of having to deal with the American police?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are terrified.
(d) They are annoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
2. This occurs right around the time when Sina must do what?
3. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
4. Ogou teaches that in order to live, one must do what?
5. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)