|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - The Baka Made from Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is done around ____________.
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
2. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In the city of Port au Prince.
(b) In Brooklyn.
(c) In TriBeCa.
(d) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
3. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
4. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
(b) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
(c) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
(d) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
5. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
(a) She is to move back to Haiti.
(b) She is to train as a manbo in Brooklyn.
(c) She is to return to Haiti to train as a manbo.
(d) She is to become a spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
2. Unfortunately, Fouchard's plan all along is to do what?
3. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
4. The incident shows that McCarthy Brown is what?
5. Fouchard feeds Sina and gives her a place to rest whenever she comes to town to sell her goods at the market. Why does Fouchard do this?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)