|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Marie Louise.
(c) Marie Noelle.
(d) Marie Noelsine.
2. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
3. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Scare him.
(b) Serve him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hurt him.
4. Why is Azaka mad?
(a) Azaka thinks Alourdes does not love him.
(b) Azaka does not want Alourdes to throw him a party.
(c) Azaka thinks Alourdes is not going to throw him a party.
(d) Azaka is in a bad mood.
5. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Take him in.
(b) Stay away from him.
(c) Trust him.
(d) Forgive him.
Short Answer Questions
1. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
2. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
3. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
4. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
5. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)