|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
(a) Tutoring children.
(b) Selling her goods at the market.
(d) Saving her inheritance.
2. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In the city of Port au Prince.
(b) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
(c) In TriBeCa.
(d) In Brooklyn.
3. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Killed his family.
(b) Left the military.
(c) Spoken to the spirits.
(d) Broken with his family.
4. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
(b) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
(c) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
(d) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
5. Why is Azaka mad?
(a) Azaka thinks Alourdes does not love him.
(b) Azaka thinks Alourdes is not going to throw him a party.
(c) Azaka does not want Alourdes to throw him a party.
(d) Azaka is in a bad mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
2. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
3. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
4. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
5. Where is this town located?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)