|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Killed his family.
(b) Spoken to the spirits.
(c) Left the military.
(d) Broken with his family.
2. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In TriBeCa.
(b) In the city of Port au Prince.
(c) In Brooklyn.
(d) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
3. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(b) An ason.
4. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
5. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story begins on __________ early morning.
2. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
3. In what town does the story take place?
4. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
5. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)