|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Serve him.
(b) Scare him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hurt him.
3. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) A surprise.
(b) A pizza.
(c) An anniversary.
(d) A birthday.
4. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(c) An ason.
5. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
(a) Unexpectedly, this prize fighting cock of Macena's dies in the ring.
(b) Unexpectedly, Macena's dog dies while out hunting.
(c) Unexpectedly, Macena's servant quits.
(d) Unexpectedly, Macena's best friend dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
2. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
3. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
4. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
5. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)