|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(b) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 10:00 at night.
(d) Around 10:00 in the morning.
2. Who is Manman Marasa?
(a) The daughter of Mauvant.
(b) The sister of Mauvant.
(c) The wife of Mauvant.
(d) Mama Lola's cousin.
3. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
4. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Remove him from the compound.
(c) Move to a neighboring town.
(d) Convince him to leave.
5. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
(a) The previous year's party.
(b) Apartment rental.
(c) The market.
(d) Car sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
2. In what town does the story take place?
3. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
4. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
5. This is done around ____________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)