|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
2. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
(a) Scare him.
(b) Serve him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hurt him.
3. Who is Manman Marasa?
(a) Mama Lola's cousin.
(b) The wife of Mauvant.
(c) The daughter of Mauvant.
(d) The sister of Mauvant.
4. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
(a) Macena's favorite cock.
(b) Macena's servant.
(c) Macena's dog.
(d) Macena's best friend.
5. This is done around ____________.
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
2. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
3. What is the setting?
4. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
5. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)