|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 10:00 at night.
(b) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(d) Around 10:00 in the morning.
2. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
(b) Outside the general store.
(c) On his porch.
(d) In the center square.
3. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) He does not carry his weight in the household.
(b) She tires of him.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He dies.
4. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(d) An ason.
5. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He talks to the spirits.
(d) He tells stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
2. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
3. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
4. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
5. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)