|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
(a) In a bar.
(b) With his friends.
(c) In front of the television.
(d) At the cockfights.
2. All morning Mauvant is muttering that he is ________________ but no one pays him much attention.
3. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In the city of Port au Prince.
(b) In TriBeCa.
(c) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
(d) In Brooklyn.
4. The story begins on __________ early morning.
(a) A stormy.
(b) A typical.
(c) A strange.
(d) A cold.
5. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Help her.
(d) Not work for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
2. Where is this town located?
3. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
4. What is the setting?
5. When do the preparations for the party begin?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)