|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Build him a hut in the compound.
(b) Put him in jail.
(c) Force him to marry Sina.
(d) Kick him out.
2. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 10:00 at night.
(b) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(c) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(d) Around 5:00 in the morning.
3. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Remove him from the compound.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Move to a neighboring town.
(d) Convince him to leave.
4. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
(c) Mama Lola.
5. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is done around ____________.
2. Who is Manman Marasa?
3. She buys land in _____________, building her house with her own hands.
4. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
5. What does Mauvant regularly do?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)