|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Azaka mad?
(a) Azaka thinks Alourdes does not love him.
(b) Azaka thinks Alourdes is not going to throw him a party.
(c) Azaka does not want Alourdes to throw him a party.
(d) Azaka is in a bad mood.
2. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
3. Where is this town located?
(a) In the southwest corner of Haiti.
(b) In the southeast corner of Haiti.
(c) In the northwest corner of Haiti.
(d) In the northeast corner of Haiti.
4. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(c) An ason.
5. What is the setting?
(a) The town market.
(b) The Mauvant family store.
(c) The Mauvant family compound.
(d) The town hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sina is strong and has saved money from what?
2. The first chapter of the book begins where?
3. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
4. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
5. How old is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)