|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
(a) May of 1982.
(b) May of 1981.
(c) May of 1984.
(d) May of 1983.
2. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
3. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
(a) Move to a neighboring town.
(b) Convince him to leave.
(c) Remove him from the compound.
(d) Kill him.
4. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
(a) Azaka is praising her.
(b) Azaka is ignoring her.
(c) Azaka is speaking to her.
(d) Azaka is punishing her.
5. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Kick him out.
(b) Force him to marry Sina.
(c) Put him in jail.
(d) Build him a hut in the compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
2. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
3. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
4. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
5. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)