|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
(a) All the families in town.
(b) The Mauvant family's grown children and their children as well.
(c) The children of the community.
(d) The leaders of the community.
2. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) Outside the general store.
(b) In the center square.
(c) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
(d) On his porch.
3. When Karen arrives, where does she find Mama Lola?
(a) In the kitchen cooking.
(b) Slumped against the table.
(d) In a trance.
4. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
5. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) She tires of him.
(c) He dies.
(d) He does not carry his weight in the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter we learn about Alourdes' Grandmother, ______________.
2. Why is Azaka mad?
3. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
4. The story begins on __________ early morning.
5. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)