|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(b) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(c) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(d) Around 10:00 at night.
2. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
3. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
(a) Azaka is praising her.
(b) Azaka is speaking to her.
(c) Azaka is punishing her.
(d) Azaka is ignoring her.
4. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Force him to marry Sina.
(b) Build him a hut in the compound.
(c) Put him in jail.
(d) Kick him out.
5. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
2. Who is Manman Marasa?
3. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
4. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
5. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)