|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) He dies.
(b) He does not carry his weight in the household.
(c) She tires of him.
(d) He is abusive.
2. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
(a) Until late at night.
(b) For the next week.
(c) Until early in the evening.
(d) Until early in the morning the next day.
3. What is the setting?
(a) The Mauvant family store.
(b) The Mauvant family compound.
(c) The town market.
(d) The town hall.
4. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Spoken to the spirits.
(b) Left the military.
(c) Broken with his family.
(d) Killed his family.
5. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Kick him out.
(b) Build him a hut in the compound.
(c) Force him to marry Sina.
(d) Put him in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
2. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
3. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
4. Macena believes that the spirits, like his wife, are there to do what?
5. Before long, Macena discovers her whereabouts and does what?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)