|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she first meets Alphonse Macena, she is just a girl of __________.
2. He comes to town alone, speaking of having done what?
(a) Broken with his family.
(b) Left the military.
(c) Killed his family.
(d) Spoken to the spirits.
3. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In TriBeCa.
(b) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
(c) In the city of Port au Prince.
(d) In Brooklyn.
4. Macena is the father of her children so she must do what?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Take him in.
(c) Trust him.
(d) Stay away from him.
5. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
2. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
3. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
4. How old is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
5. According to legend, she is so ______________ that he almost faints the first time he sees her.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)