|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship between Sina and Alphonse Macena does not last long. Why?
(a) He dies.
(b) She tires of him.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He does not carry his weight in the household.
2. How old is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
3. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
(a) Pay for his services.
(b) Live their lives
(c) Dismantle his altar.
(d) Worship him.
4. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
5. Alourdes' mother, Philomise, is the _________ child born to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Manman Marasa?
2. Why does Macena mourn bitterly?
3. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
4. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
5. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)