|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Raise That Woman's Petticoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macena shirks his responsibilities and spends all of his time where?
(a) At the cockfights.
(b) With his friends.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In front of the television.
2. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
3. He is a "grimo," or _____________ man.
4. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
(a) Put him in jail.
(b) Build him a hut in the compound.
(c) Force him to marry Sina.
(d) Kick him out.
5. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(c) An ason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sina realizes that Macena will not leave the family compound, so she and her eldest daughter, Gloria, decide to do what?
2. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
3. Who is Leve Jipon Fanm-nan, meaning "Raise that Woman's Petticoat?"
4. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
5. How does Mama Lola discover information through her sister-in-law?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)