|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
(d) An ason.
2. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) A birthday.
(b) A surprise.
(c) A pizza.
(d) An anniversary.
3. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
(a) For the next week.
(b) Until early in the morning the next day.
(c) Until early in the evening.
(d) Until late at night.
4. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
(a) She is to return to Haiti to train as a manbo.
(b) She is to move back to Haiti.
(c) She is to train as a manbo in Brooklyn.
(d) She is to become a spirit.
5. In what town does the story take place?
(c) Jean Rabel.
(d) Port au Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
2. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
3. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
4. This is done around ____________.
5. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)