|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
2. In what town does the story take place?
(a) Port au Prince.
(d) Jean Rabel.
3. What does Mauvant vomit up?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A diamond.
(c) His lunch.
(d) A small, smooth stone.
4. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(b) Around 10:00 at night.
(c) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(d) Around 10:00 in the morning.
5. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In the city of Port au Prince.
(b) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
(c) In Brooklyn.
(d) In TriBeCa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Azaka mad?
2. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
3. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
4. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
5. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)