|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
(a) She is to return to Haiti to train as a manbo.
(b) She is to train as a manbo in Brooklyn.
(c) She is to move back to Haiti.
(d) She is to become a spirit.
2. What is the setting?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The town market.
(c) The Mauvant family store.
(d) The Mauvant family compound.
3. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
4. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
(a) Worship him.
(b) Dismantle his altar.
(c) Live their lives
(d) Pay for his services.
5. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
(a) Until early in the evening.
(b) For the next week.
(c) Until early in the morning the next day.
(d) Until late at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
2. Why is Azaka mad?
3. The first chapter of the book begins where?
4. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
5. This is done around ____________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)