|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting?
(a) The Mauvant family compound.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The town market.
(d) The Mauvant family store.
2. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
3. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
(a) May of 1982.
(b) May of 1984.
(c) May of 1981.
(d) May of 1983.
4. How old is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
5. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) An anniversary.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
2. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
3. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
4. What does Mauvant regularly do?
5. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)