|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
(a) The school.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The market.
(d) The mall.
2. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
(c) He talks to the spirits.
(d) He tells stories.
3. Who is Manman Marasa?
(a) The daughter of Mauvant.
(b) The wife of Mauvant.
(c) Mama Lola's cousin.
(d) The sister of Mauvant.
4. Where is this town located?
(a) In the northeast corner of Haiti.
(b) In the southeast corner of Haiti.
(c) In the southwest corner of Haiti.
(d) In the northwest corner of Haiti.
5. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) On his porch.
(b) Outside the general store.
(c) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
(d) In the center square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mauvant vomit up?
2. The story begins on __________ early morning.
3. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
4. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
5. The spirits will do what if should she neglect them?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)