|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) On his porch.
(b) Outside the general store.
(c) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
(d) In the center square.
2. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
(a) Azaka is ignoring her.
(b) Azaka is speaking to her.
(c) Azaka is punishing her.
(d) Azaka is praising her.
3. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
(a) The children of the community.
(b) All the families in town.
(c) The leaders of the community.
(d) The Mauvant family's grown children and their children as well.
4. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
5. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
(a) Until late at night.
(b) Until early in the morning the next day.
(c) Until early in the evening.
(d) For the next week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
2. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
3. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
4. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
5. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)