|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mauvant is what they call a _____________________ or a true African who has the spirits "on him" always.
2. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
(a) May of 1982.
(b) May of 1981.
(c) May of 1984.
(d) May of 1983.
3. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) A birthday.
(b) An anniversary.
(c) A surprise.
(d) A pizza.
4. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
(c) Mama Lola.
5. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 10:00 at night.
(b) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(d) Around 5:00 in then evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Manman Marasa?
2. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
3. Philomise is the ________________ daughter of Marie Noelsine, the family beauty.
4. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
5. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)