|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(b) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 5:00 in then evening.
(d) Around 10:00 at night.
2. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
(a) All the families in town.
(b) The Mauvant family's grown children and their children as well.
(c) The leaders of the community.
(d) The children of the community.
3. Who is Manman Marasa?
(a) The daughter of Mauvant.
(b) The wife of Mauvant.
(c) The sister of Mauvant.
(d) Mama Lola's cousin.
4. Why is Azaka mad?
(a) Azaka thinks Alourdes is not going to throw him a party.
(b) Azaka does not want Alourdes to throw him a party.
(c) Azaka is in a bad mood.
(d) Azaka thinks Alourdes does not love him.
5. What is the setting?
(a) The town market.
(b) The Mauvant family store.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The Mauvant family compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
2. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
3. In what town does the story take place?
4. The story begins on __________ early morning.
5. For how long do the ceremonies go on?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)