|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
(a) Mama Lola's great grandfather.
(b) Mama Lola's brother.
(c) Mama Lola's grandfather.
(d) Mama Lola's father.
2. The first chapter of the book begins where?
(a) In the city of Port au Prince.
(b) In Brooklyn.
(c) In TriBeCa.
(d) In the rural mountains of Haiti.
3. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
(a) A surprise.
(b) An anniversary.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A birthday.
4. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
(a) Worship him.
(b) Dismantle his altar.
(c) Pay for his services.
(d) Live their lives
5. What does Mauvant vomit up?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A diamond.
(c) His lunch.
(d) A small, smooth stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
2. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
3. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
4. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
5. The story begins on __________ early morning.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)