|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
(a) The school.
(b) The mall.
(c) The market.
(d) The town hall.
2. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
3. Mauvant dresses and assumes his usual post where?
(a) In the center square.
(b) Beneath the cottonsilk tree.
(c) On his porch.
(d) Outside the general store.
4. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
5. Who is Joseph Binbin Mauvant?
(a) Mama Lola's great grandfather.
(b) Mama Lola's brother.
(c) Mama Lola's father.
(d) Mama Lola's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. All morning Mauvant is muttering that he is ________________ but no one pays him much attention.
2. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
3. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
4. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
5. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)