|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama Lola travels to ___________ from Haiti and falls very ill.
2. The chapter ends with a quick anecdote about whom?
(a) Mama Lola.
3. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
(a) Azaka is praising her.
(b) Azaka is punishing her.
(c) Azaka is speaking to her.
(d) Azaka is ignoring her.
4. The story begins on __________ early morning.
(a) A cold.
(b) A strange.
(c) A stormy.
(d) A typical.
5. When do the preparations for the party begin?
(a) Around 10:00 at night.
(b) Around 10:00 in the morning.
(c) Around 5:00 in the morning.
(d) Around 5:00 in then evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many guests arrive for the ritual, and after ______________ to persuade the spirits to attend, Mama Lola becomes possessed by the spirit of Azaka.
2. The compound is a grouping of huts for whom?
3. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
4. She develops a good reputation within the Haitian community because of what?
5. Azaka offers the rest of his altar food to his guests, doles out messages to the individual guests and instructs them how to do what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)