|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Azaka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
(a) An ason.
(b) An afon.
(c) An axon.
(d) An acon.
2. What did Maggie explain to Karen?
(a) Azaka is punishing her.
(b) Azaka is praising her.
(c) Azaka is ignoring her.
(d) Azaka is speaking to her.
3. What does she learn from her sister-in-law?
(a) She is to become a spirit.
(b) She is to move back to Haiti.
(c) She is to train as a manbo in Brooklyn.
(d) She is to return to Haiti to train as a manbo.
4. Most of the compound's women have made the long journey down the mountain to what?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The mall.
(c) The school.
(d) The market.
5. This is done around ____________.
(a) 4:00 p.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama Lola is throwing Azaka _______________ party, as she must every year.
2. The chapter about the spirit Azaka, or "Kouzen Zaka" begins with Karen telling the story of her journey to Mama Lola's home in ______________.
3. His medicine, his power, is with him naturally, and he has no need even for what?
4. Azaka goes about his business first, settling outstanding loans from what, and then selling the goods from his altar to the guests?
5. Mama Lola takes the ________ like her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)