|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Gede.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is done around ____________.
(a) 4:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
2. She was born by cesarean section weighing a record ______ pounds.
3. What does Mauvant regularly do?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He sits sipping his special rum mixture and doling out medicine and advice.
(c) He tells stories.
(d) He talks to the spirits.
4. What is the beaded rattle used to leverage the spirit world?
(a) An axon.
(b) An acon.
(c) An afon.
(d) An ason.
5. What is the setting?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The town market.
(c) The Mauvant family compound.
(d) The Mauvant family store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papa Gede live?
2. This woman is a successful ____________ (market woman).
3. According to the Vodou philosophy, the world is a precarious place, and it is naïve to think what?
4. When "Sina," as Macena calls her, becomes pregnant, Mauvant and the men from the community do what?
5. Alourdes, Mabel and Karen travel to a large _______________ in Kingston where Alourdes is to "treat" a parcel of land the owner needs to sell.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)